• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manufacturers box & advanced search result

rselonke

Hi All,

I have a fairly extensively modified site. All was functioning nicely, until recently my Manufacturers box has changed the results is provides.

Normally, in default install, the pull-down menu automatically reloads the index.php file with the added Manufacturers id (index.php?manufacturers_id=14) which is exactly what I want. Suddenly, after more mods to the site, the pull-down it now loads advanced_search.php?manufacturers_id=14 - and returns an error stating "At least one of the fields in the search form must be entered." I have tried replacing the /includes/boxes/manufacturers.php file with the pre-mod backup and even the backup from the ORIGINAL install without success. I've also uninstalled the contribs which were added since it was last functioning...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

Sounds like your <form...> </form> tags are mucked up (misplaced or missing).

Can't say for sure without a URL...

:huh:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Sounds like your <form...> </form> tags are mucked up (misplaced or missing).

Can't say for sure without a URL...

:huh:

Sorry, the url for thes site in progress is : http://www.faculty-one.com/training

As the <form> tag is embedded in the Manufacturers infobox, i am not sure how to change it. From this code snip from /includes/boxes/manufacturers.php it "appears" to be set correctly.

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('manufacturers', tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
							   'text' => tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', $manufacturers_array, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] : ''), 'onChange="this.form.submit();" size="' . MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST . '" style="width: 100%"') . tep_hide_session_id());
}

I'm fairly new to OsC/PHP, any insight would be appreciated.

thanks!

Rich

You have no </form> tag after the quick find box in the header.

That's the problem.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

You have no </form> tag after the quick find box in the header.

I THOUGHT the closing </form> tag is generated by the 'tep_draw_form' function (from includes/functions/html_output.php) so was not needed here.

i stand corrected, you've fixed my problem.

THANKS A MILLION!

richard

The closing form tag is supposed to be inserted automatically (I think) by some mechanism in osC.

I found it once but don't recall where now.

Anyway, if and when it doesn't work you just have to insert it manually.

;)

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived