• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email issues

multimixer

So, let me understand: You receive, as a store owner, the new order email to a hotmail account that you have set in "send extra order emails" but you can not get the email to your store owner mail address? The new order emails are send ONLY to addresses set in the "send extra mail" field, they are not send to the store owner automatically. So you need to enter the store owner mail address into this field one more time

Brilliant, this has it working 100%, thank you George thumbsup.gif

Regards Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C. How to add extra fields to the contact us form?

Lets say you want to add the customers phone to the form

1) In catalog/contact_us.php

find the code

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'send')) {
$name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['name']);
$email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['email']);
$enquiry = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry']);

if (tep_validate_email($email_address)) {
  tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

replace it with

$phone = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['phone']); // add phone 21.6.09
// BOF multimixer//
//define variable $email_body.  if you want to add more fields do so by adding this line [ ."\r\n" . ] between the fields you wish to display and order them accordingly//
$email_body = EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME . ' ' . $name . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL . ' ' .  $email_address . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE . ' ' . $phone . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MESSAGE . ' ' . $enquiry;
//define variable $from_email. Set to Store owner email address as defined in Admin panel. If you want mails to be sent from customers mail address, set it to email_address//
$from_email = (STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
//EOF multimixer //

//BOF Multimixer//
// $enquiry replaced by $email_body Includes $email_body to message instead of $enquiry. $email_address replaced by $from_email Email is getting send from $from-email instead of $email_address//
  tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_body, $name, $from_email);
  //EOF multimixer//

2) In the same file,

find the code

<tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL; ?></td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email'); ?></td>
		  </tr>

add after

<tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_PHONE; ?></td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			<td><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('phone'); ?></td>
		  </tr>

3) In file includes/languages/yourlanguage/contact_us.php add anywhere befote last ?>

// mm 23.6.2009
define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME', 'Name:');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL', 'email:');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE', 'Phone:');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MESSAGE', 'Message:');

You will have the phone in the form, and the phone send by email. In this configurations mails are send from Store owners mail address, but you can change this

Hi

I followed the above instructions and I am getting the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/xinghu/public_html/childrenseducationaltoys.co.uk/includes/application_top.php on line 313

I don't understand why as I haven't touched the application_top.php file

Thank you

Andrew

Hi

I followed the above instructions and I am getting the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/xinghu/public_html/childrenseducationaltoys.co.uk/includes/application_top.php on line 313

I don't understand why as I haven't touched the application_top.php file

Thank you

Andrew

This error has nothing o to with he allplication_top.php file. Searching the forum for this error you will get alot of info about.

Back to the topic: I'm getting following error on your contact_us.php: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/xinghu/public_html/childrenseducationaltoys.co.uk/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php on line 15

Can you post your catalog/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php file? Probably you did something wrong when inserting the language defines

Hi

Yes. Here is the file - /catalogue/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php

<?php

/*

$Id: contact_us.php,v 1.7 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Contact Us');

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Contact Us');

define('TEXT_SUCCESS', 'Your enquiry has been successfully sent to Children's Educational Toys');

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Enquiry from ' . STORE_NAME);

define('ENTRY_NAME', 'Full Name:');

define('ENTRY_EMAIL', 'E-Mail Address:');

define('ENTRY_PHONE', 'Telephone Number:');

define('ENTRY_ENQUIRY', 'Message:');

// mm 23.6.2009define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME', 'Name:');define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL', 'email:');define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE', 'Phone:');define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MESSAGE', 'Message:');

?>

Hi

Yes. Here is the file - /catalogue/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php

<?php

/*

$Id: contact_us.php,v 1.7 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

*/

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Contact Us');

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Contact Us');

define('TEXT_SUCCESS', 'Your enquiry has been successfully sent to Children's Educational Toys');

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Enquiry from ' . STORE_NAME);

define('ENTRY_NAME', 'Full Name:');

define('ENTRY_EMAIL', 'E-Mail Address:');

define('ENTRY_PHONE', 'Telephone Number:');

define('ENTRY_ENQUIRY', 'Message:');

// mm 23.6.2009define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME', 'Name:');define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL', 'email:');define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE', 'Phone:');define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MESSAGE', 'Message:');

?>

You need to replace this line

with this

define('TEXT_SUCCESS', 'Your enquiry has been successfully sent to Children\'s Educational Toys');

The difference is here:

You have Children's Educational

I have Children\'s Educational

You need to "escape" all quotes in your text in all language files in this way

You will need now maybe to refresh your browsers case, in order to see he page working properly without getting he application_top error

You need to replace this line

with this

define('TEXT_SUCCESS', 'Your enquiry has been successfully sent to Children\'s Educational Toys');

The difference is here:

You have Children's Educational

I have Children\'s Educational

You need to "escape" all quotes in your text in all language files in this way

You will need now maybe to refresh your browsers case, in order to see he page working properly without getting he application_top error

No change George

No change George

No, there is a change, it works fine for me, I can see your contact_us.php. Clear your browsers case, smoke a cigarette and then try again. Or try on an other browser.

You have still an issue on contact_us saying

Error Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections.
. Why is this so? Was it like this before you do the changes?

No, there is a change, it works fine for me, I can see your contact_us.php. Clear your browsers case, smoke a cigarette and then try again. Or try on an other browser.

You have still an issue on contact_us saying . Why is this so? Was it like this before you do the changes?

Yes thanks George. It works on my mobile so perhaps my ISP haven't updated their cache yet.

I only received that error message since I changed the Contact Us form.

Error Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections.

Where would I update the email address?

Thank you for your help so far

Yes thanks George. It works on my mobile so perhaps my ISP haven't updated their cache yet.

I only received that error message since I changed the Contact Us form.

Where would I update the email address?

Thank you for your help so far

I'm sorry but I don't know what else you did possibly wrong. You can post the file here and I'll take a look.

Please use the code tags, look like this <> in your reply menu, to put the code you post inside

this here is in code tags

I'm sorry but I don't know what else you did possibly wrong. You can post the file here and I'll take a look.

Please use the code tags, look like this <> in your reply menu, to put the code you post inside

this here is in code tags

Sorry George, which file would you like me to post? The contact_us.php file again?

Not the language file, but the file catalog/contact_us.php

Please use the

code tags

So this is the catalogue/contact_us.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: contact_us.php,v 1.42 2003/06/12 12:17:07 hpdl Exp $

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CONTACT_US);

$error = false;
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'send')) {        $name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['name']);        $email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['email']);        $enquiry = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry']);        $phone = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['phone']); // add phone 21.6.09        // BOF multimixer//        //define variable $email_body.  if you want to add more fields do so by adding this line [ ."\r\n" . ] between the fields you wish to display and order them accordingly//        $email_body = EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME . ' ' . $name . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL . ' ' .  $email_address . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE . ' ' . $phone . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MESSAGE . ' ' . $enquiry;        //define variable $from_email. Set to Store owner email address as defined in Admin panel. If you want mails to be sent from customers mail address, set it to email_address//        $from_email = (STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);        //EOF multimixer //                //BOF Multimixer//        // $enquiry replaced by $email_body Includes $email_body to message instead of $enquiry. $email_address replaced by $from_email Email is getting send from $from-email instead of $email_address//        if (tep_validate_email($email_address)) {          tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_body, $name, $from_email);          //EOF multimixer//

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=success'));
   } else {
     $error = true;

$messageStack->add('contact', ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK_ERROR);
 }

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body>
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->
<div id="bg2">
<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="1024" align="center" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?></td>
   <!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" height="100%" valign="top" class="dec"><?php echo tep_draw_form('contact_us', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="cat_title2"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 if ($messageStack->size('contact') > 0) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo $messageStack->output('contact'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td class="main" align="center"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_man_on_board.gif', HEADING_TITLE, '0', '0', 'align="left"') . TEXT_SUCCESS; ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME; ?></td>
             </tr>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('name'); ?></td>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
<tr>                                <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_PHONE; ?></td>                          </tr>                          <tr>                                <td><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('phone'); ?></td>                          </tr>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_ENQUIRY; ?></td>
             </tr>
             <tr>
               <td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('enquiry', 'soft', 50, 15); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
   </table></form></td>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH2; ?>" align="left" valign="top"><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?></td>
   <!-- body_text_eof //-->
 </tr>
</table>
</div>
<!-- body_eof //-->
<div id="bgft">
<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
</div>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

What type of editor do you use to do changes? You have a problem with line breaks, so even the tep mail function is commented out. Find a proper php editor to do the changes.

You can replace your file with this one

<?php
/*

*/

$error = false;
// BOF multimixer//
//define variable $email_body.  if you want to add more fields do so by adding this line [ ."\r\n" . ] between the fields you wish to display and order them accordingly//
$email_body = EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME . ' ' . $name . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL . ' ' .  $email_address . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE . ' ' . $phone . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MESSAGE . ' ' . $enquiry ;
//define variable $from_email. Set to Store owner email address as defined in Admin panel. If you want mails to be sent from customers mail address, set it to email_address//
$from_email = (STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS) ;
//EOF multimixer //

//BOF Multimixer//
// $enquiry replaced by $email_body Includes $email_body to message instead of $enquiry//
//$email_address replaced by $from_email Email is getting send from $from-email instead of $email_address//
     tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_body, $name, $from_email);
  //EOF multimixer//

} else {
     $error = true;

}
 }

?>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
</head>
<body>
<!-- header //-->
<!-- header_eof //-->
<div id="bg2">
<!-- body //-->
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?></td>
   <!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" height="100%" valign="top" class="dec"><?php echo tep_draw_form('contact_us', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
?>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td class="main" align="center"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_man_on_board.gif', HEADING_TITLE, '0', '0', 'align="left"') . TEXT_SUCCESS; ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
     <tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
<tr>                                <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_PHONE; ?></td>                          </tr>                          <tr>                                <td><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('phone'); ?></td>                          </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
   </table></form></td>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH2; ?>" align="left" valign="top"><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?></td>
   <!-- body_text_eof //-->
 </tr>
</table>
</div>
<!-- body_eof //-->
<div id="bgft">
<!-- footer //-->
<!-- footer_eof //-->
</div>
</body>
</html>

What type of editor do you use to do changes? You have a problem with line breaks, so even the tep mail function is commented out. Find a proper php editor to do the changes.

You can replace your file with this one

<?php
/*

*/

$error = false;
// BOF multimixer//
$email_body = EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME . ' ' . $name . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL . ' ' .  $email_address . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE . ' ' . $phone . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MESSAGE . ' ' . $enquiry ;
//EOF multimixer //

//BOF Multimixer//
// $enquiry replaced by $email_body Includes $email_body to message instead of $enquiry//
//$email_address replaced by $from_email Email is getting send from $from-email instead of $email_address//
  //EOF multimixer//

} else {
     $error = true;

}
 }

?>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<!-- header //-->
<!-- header_eof //-->
<div id="bg2">
<!-- body //-->
 <tr>
   <!-- body_text //-->
     <tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
?>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
 }

?>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
     <tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
   </table></form></td>
   <!-- body_text_eof //-->
 </tr>
</table>
</div>
<!-- body_eof //-->
<div id="bgft">
<!-- footer //-->
<!-- footer_eof //-->
</div>
</body>
</html>

Up until now I used Notepad, but there is another one I used from the w3school website. I am downloading a proper php editor now though

Up until now I used Notepad, but there is another one I used from the w3school website. I am downloading a proper php editor now though

Great work again George helping xinghu, you certainly are a very giving man, bravo thumbsup.gif

Regards Ron

• 2 weeks later...

One new idea, for all who use the modifications in file contact_us.php as described in post #2

I saw this post (by germ) about adding extra headers to the mail. So, I thought why not to have this using the osC tep_mail function instead of replacing it with a "standard" php mail function?

In both cases the result is that you'll receive the email from your own email address, but hiting the reply button, you will reply back to your customer

Following to do

1) In file includes/functions/general.php

find

function tep_mail($to_name, $to_email_address, $email_subject, $email_text, $from_email_name, $from_email_address) {

replace with

// multimixer 29 3 10 $headers added
 function tep_mail($to_name, $to_email_address, $email_subject, $email_text, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $headers) { 

find

$message->send($to_name, $to_email_address, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject);

replace with

// multimixer 29 3 10 $headers added
   $message->send($to_name, $to_email_address, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject, $headers); 

2) In file contact_us.php

find

add before

$headers = 'Reply-To: "' . $name . '" <' . $email_address . '>' . "\r\n"; // mm 29 3 10 add a reply to

find

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, $subject, $email_body, $name, $from_email, $headers);

replace with

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, $subject, $email_body, $name, $from_email, $headers);

The complete relevant part of contact_us.php should look like this (including the changes of post#2 of this topic)

$error = false;
// BOF multimixer//
$subject = EMAIL_SUBJECT . ' ' . $email_address; // mm 29 3 10 add the customers email to the subject
$headers = 'Reply-To: "' . $name . '" <' . $email_address . '>' . "\r\n"; // mm 29 3 10 add a reply to
// EOF multimixer 

// BOF Multimixer
// $enquiry replaced by $email_body Includes $email_body to message instead of $enquiry
// $email_address replaced by $from_email Email is getting send from $from-email instead of $email_address
// $headers added

//EOF multimixer

} else {
     $error = true;

}
 }

I like that this option gives a unique subject so I can differentiate between emails. I tried this because of problems receiving contact us emails but when I make the suggested changes there is an error on checkout_process.php. Emails are sent and the order logged but the customers sees an error instead of the success message.

Warning: Missing argument 7 for tep_mail(), called in /home/user/public_html/checkout_process.php on line 301 and defined in /home/user/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 978

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/includes/functions/general.php:978) in /home/user/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Are there necessary changes to checkout_process? I am happy with the checkout emails they way they are so I'm not looking to improve them but would like to utilize your ideas for Contact Us. Thanks!

Millie

If you recoded your tep_mail function as someone suggested you'll have to go thru your files and add the 7th parameter to all the tep_mail calls.

For example, one call in checkout_process.php is this:

tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

It would need changed to:

tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS,'');

So you have seven parameters:

1. to name

2. to email address

3. email subject

4. email body

5. from name

6. from email address

7. headers

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

1. to name

2. to email address

3. email subject

4. email body

5. from name

6. from email address

7. headers

Hi, just playing the Devils advocate, would it be helpful to add two more details:

8. Date and time sent

9. IP address sent from

Point 9 not for security reasons but more for feedback to the vendor to see what geographical regions his sales come from, as IP addresses can easily be plotted geographically if one desires that sort of information.

Now don't yell at me, I'm an old man in a young persons brain, it's really not my fault blush.gif

Regards Ron

Hi George,

I hope you might be able to help point me in the direction of where my problem might be. I have been searching and looking everywhere and can't figure it out.

All of my emails & notifications have been working just fine until roughly a month ago when I stopped receiving "new order notifications" purchased through PayPal. Here's a good one, I receive the notification if the customer chooses the option to pay with check or money order. I have not made any changes to my shop at all so I'm really confused why it should break by itself.

Not sure if this is a helpful bit of info? But whenever PayPal orders are made (not completed or even completed) the returned status message has always been = Preparing [PayPal IPN].

Host server info:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.28-10.21.intel.E1000E.BHsmp

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix)

PHP Version: 5.2.11 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Database: MySQL 5.1.45-log

Here's my settings in the admin panel:

Configuration > My Store

Store Name = Hande's Hobbies

E-Mail Address = [email protected]

E-Mail From = [email protected]

Send Extra Order Emails To = Hande's Hobbies <[email protected]>

Configurations > E-Mail Options

E-Mail Transport Method = sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds = LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails = true

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS = true

Send E-Mails = true

U Html Emails - Layout = Handes Hobbies

U Html Emails - Development mode = false

U Html Emails - Bulkmail number = 10

Localization > Orders Status

Pending

Your order will be Processed (default)

Delivered

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

checkout_process.php

tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// send emails to other people
 if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }

// load the after_process function from the payment modules
 $payment_modules->after_process();

Like I mentioned; I can send customer emails, product notifications, newsletters, receive contact us messages, order notifications when paid through check/money order and I receive an order confirmation from PayPal. I just no longer receive an order confirmation from my shop to my email when paid for through PayPal.

I have no clue as to what or where else to look for the problem. sad.gif

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

All of my emails & notifications have been working just fine until roughly a month ago when I stopped receiving "new order notifications" purchased through PayPal. Here's a good one, I receive the notification if the customer chooses the option to pay with check or money order. I have not made any changes to my shop at all so I'm really confused why it should break by itself.

Hi Jim

I can not say tat I have any experience with paypal IPN, I never used it and I also don't know exactly how it works. So I can only help with thinking in the same direction as you do

I don't think that the issue is particularly email related, because all other emails and all other confirmations work fine. So I would concentrate on the paypal process

Things I would check are

1) Is the order getting registered in the DB? Do you see it in admin? (Not sure if the IPN module writes the order to the DB before or after the paypal visit, do you know this? )

2) What is the "return" page of paypal to your store? Is it checkout_process.php? Or is it an other file? Does this file has a separate mail function? (like ie paypal_standard.php)

3) Does the customer get the email? I guess not

This all goes to the direction, that maybe the email sending process is not getting activated at all for paypal payments. But thats just an idea, the issue can be something totally different

I'm sorry that I can not give a real answer

1. to name

2. to email address

3. email subject

4. email body

5. from name

6. from email address

7. headers

A list of files that include a tep_mail function on the catalog side would be as follows

- checkout_process.php

- contact_us.php

- create_account.php

- password_forgotten.php

- tell_a_friend.php

- includes/modules/payment/cc.php

- includes/modules/payment/chronopay.php

- includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

- includes/modules/payment/sofortuberweisung_direkt.php

- includesmodules/payment/worldpay_junior.php

- ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php

Hi Jim

I can not say tat I have any experience with paypal IPN, I never used it and I also don't know exactly how it works. So I can only help with thinking in the same direction as you do

I don't think that the issue is particularly email related, because all other emails and all other confirmations work fine. So I would concentrate on the paypal process

That was my thought, something went wrong with the paypal process.

Things I would check are

1) Is the order getting registered in the DB? Do you see it in admin? (Not sure if the IPN module writes the order to the DB before or after the paypal visit, do you know this? )

Yes the order gets registered in the DB, can see it in admin. The paypal IPN was designed to hold the order info before the customer leaves the site to head for paypal to finish the process.

2) What is the "return" page of paypal to your store? Is it checkout_process.php? Or is it an other file? Does this file has a separate mail function? (like ie paypal_standard.php)

Yes it returns to the checkout_process.php.

I double checked the Includes > modules > payment > paypal_ipn.php (no email coding) and the ext > modules > payment > paypal_ipn > ipn.php (email coding) and I had made the neccessary edits as was made in the checkout_process.php as stated in the IPN directions regarding contributions.

Here's the relevant code:

// EOF content type fix by AlexStudio
// $order variables have been changed from checkout_process to work with the variables from the function query () instead of cart () in the order class
//---  Beginning of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails  ---//
if (EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {
require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'UHtmlEmails/'. ULTIMATE_HTML_EMAIL_LAYOUT .'/checkout_process.php');
$email_order = $html_email;
}else{//Send text email
//---  End of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails  ---//
     	$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" . 
                		EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
                		EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $invoice_id . "\n" .
                		EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $invoice_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .
                		EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";

// BOF order comment fix by AlexStudio
     	if ($comments) {
       	$email_order .= $comments . "\n\n";
     	}
     	// EOF order comment fix by AlexStudio

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS . "\n" . 
                     	EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
                     	$products_ordered . 
                     	EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
       	$email_order .= strip_tags($order->totals[$i]['title']) . ' ' . strip_tags($order->totals[$i]['text']) . "\n";
     	}

// BOF content type fix by AlexStudio
     	if ($content_type != 'virtual') {
     	// EOF content type fix by AlexStudio
       	$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . "\n" . 
                       	EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                       	tep_address_format($order->delivery['format_id'], $order->delivery,  0, '', "\n") . "\n";
     	}

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS . "\n" .
                     	EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                     	tep_address_format($order->billing['format_id'], $order->billing, 0, '', "\n") . "\n\n";
     	if (is_object($$payment)) {
       	$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD . "\n" . 
                       	EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
       	$payment_class = $$payment;
       	$email_order .= $payment_class->title . "\n\n";
       	if ($payment_class->email_footer) { 
         	$email_order .= $payment_class->email_footer . "\n\n";
       	}
     	}
//---  Beginning of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails  ---//
}

if(ULTIMATE_HTML_EMAIL_DEVELOPMENT_MODE === 'true'){
//Save the contents of the generated html email to the harddrive in .htm file. This can be practical when developing a new layout.
$TheFileName = 'Last_mail_from_checkout_process.php.htm';
$TheFileHandle = fopen($TheFileName, 'w') or die("can't open error log file");
fwrite($TheFileHandle, $email_order);
fclose($TheFileHandle);
}
//---  End of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails  ---//

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
     	}
   	} // END STATUS == COMPLETED LOOP

if ($_POST['payment_status'] == 'Pending') { // START STATUS == PENDING LOOP

$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" . 
                		EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
                		EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $invoice_id . "\n" .
                		EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $invoice_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .
                		EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n" . 
                		EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                		EMAIL_PAYPAL_PENDING_NOTICE . "\n\n"; 

tep_mail($order->customer['name'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

} 
   	} // END STATUS == PENDING LOOP

3) Does the customer get the email? I guess not

No, neither customer or store owner.

This all goes to the direction, that maybe the email sending process is not getting activated at all for paypal payments. But thats just an idea, the issue can be something totally different

I'm sorry that I can not give a real answer

No problem George. I appreciate the reply anyway.

What has me really stumped and confussed is that on my end (osCommerce files or settings) nothing has changed since it was working about a month ago.

I'll head off and study the PayPal IPN thread and bug my host. Maybe a finger can get pointed as to where the problem might be!?!

Thanks again for at least trying. wink.gif

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

• 2 weeks later...

I have problem with blank email when I add some field like phone, bank etc for payment confirmation

please help me

Thanks

Can you be more specific please? What email is blank? In what file you do the changes? In what way you do the changes?

Archived