• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email issues

multimixer

Did you entered an email address into thr field "send extra order emails to" in admin? Do you receive new order emails?

Yeah the email address has always been there. I just re-entered it to make sure. I receive new order emails fine. Weird.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't know what you did. Can you post the lines of create_account.php that refer to the email? (please do not post the complete file and use the <code> tags)

This is what I have including a bit above and below:

$email_text .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;
     tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
      // BOF multimixer 24.6.2009 send emails to other people          $owners_text = EMAIL_TEXT_OWNER_INFO . "\r\n" .EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME . ' ' . $name . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL . ' ' .  $email_address . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE . ' ' . $telephone . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_ADDRESS . ' ' . $street_address . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_CITY . ' ' . $city . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_STATE . ' ' . $state . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_COUNTRY . ' ' . $country;                    if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {        tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_OWNER_SUBJECT, $owners_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);         }                  // EOF multimixer

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));
   }
 }

This is what I have including a bit above and below:

Ok, clear now. You have the necessary code all in one line and commented out. So the code is inactive. What kind of editor you use?

change this

// BOF multimixer 24.6.2009 send emails to other people          $owners_text = EMAIL_TEXT_OWNER_INFO . "\r\n" .EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME . ' ' . $name . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL . ' ' .  $email_address . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE . ' ' . $telephone . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_ADDRESS . ' ' . $street_address . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_CITY . ' ' . $city . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_STATE . ' ' . $state . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_COUNTRY . ' ' . $country;                    if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {        tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_OWNER_SUBJECT, $owners_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);         }                  // EOF multimixer

to this

// BOF multimixer 24.6.2009 send emails to other people          
$owners_text = EMAIL_TEXT_OWNER_INFO . "\r\n" .EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME . ' ' . $name . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL . ' ' .  $email_address . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE . ' ' . $telephone . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_ADDRESS . ' ' . $street_address . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_CITY . ' ' . $city . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_STATE . ' ' . $state . "\r\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_COUNTRY . ' ' . $country;                   
if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {        
tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_OWNER_SUBJECT, $owners_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);        
}                  
// EOF multimixer

That's weird as when I open the file it is on different lines. I did just space them out exactly like you have though and it worked! Finally... but I got the email like this:

EMAIL_TEXT_OWNER_INFO

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME Kljghlkjh Jkhkjh

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL myemail.com

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_ADDRESS Kljhkljh

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_CITY Lkjhkljh

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_STATE ENGLAND - CUMBRIA

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_COUNTRY 222

That's weird as when I open the file it is on different lines. I did just space them out exactly like you have though and it worked! Finally... but I got the email like this:

EMAIL_TEXT_OWNER_INFO

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_NAME Kljghlkjh Jkhkjh

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_EMAIL myemail.com

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_PHONE

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_ADDRESS Kljhkljh

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_CITY Lkjhkljh

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_STATE ENGLAND - CUMBRIA

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_COUNTRY 222

Don't worry. It wasn't spaced out correctly. I use Notepad2 by the way.

How can I get it so that phone is gone and I have an address line 1 and 2 like I have in create account? Also how come the country says 222, rather than UK? I only have the UK in the database, but I am thinking about putting other ones back in. Will this change it?

Any suggestions for where to start when trying to fix the following:

every email the stores sends, it sends twice.

clients welcome email - twice

comfirmation of order email - twice

contact us form email to us - twice

its very weird.

the store uses smtp rather than send mail, as whnen i used send mail, only one email was sent, but it was a 50/50 shot to see if they got any email at all. so i decided that two emails were better than none.

any suggestions would be greatly appreicated.

AL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a strange behavior in the contact us email. PHP is eating all line breaks the customer enters in the form. For example, the user writes:

Hello

I´m interesting in buying product xpto, but I have some questions regarding bla, bla, bla

Kind regards,
Customer

and I receive:

HelloI´m interesting in buying product xpto, but I have some questions regarding bla, bla, blaKind regards,Customer

It is very difficult to read the received email, specially from people that only writes in CAPITAL LETTERS and don't use any punctuation.

I'm wondering if someone knows where this issue might be coming from, and if there is a fix that does not compromise security. I made a search in the forum and in google and found nothing interesting.

I'm using the default OSC contact us file, just with some modifications in HTML to provide more info to the customer, but I also tried the Super Contact Us contribution with the same result.

I'm also wondering if this is not happening to anyone else.

Regards,

This is a very helpful post - thank you Can anyone expand on this and tell me how to make a field on the contact us form required - such as I am adding a phone number field and need to require that the visitor complete that field - if not get a message such as when the email address fails verification. (ie "Phone number is required")

And as a second thought regarding the email - is there anyway to require the email be entered a second time and have it verify against the first entry?

Appreciate any input

Sue

Hi,

I have a strange behavior in the contact us email. PHP is eating all line breaks the customer enters in the form. For example, the user writes:

Hello

I´m interesting in buying product xpto, but I have some questions regarding bla, bla, bla

Kind regards,
Customer

and I receive:

HelloI´m interesting in buying product xpto, but I have some questions regarding bla, bla, blaKind regards,Customer

It is very difficult to read the received email, specially from people that only writes in CAPITAL LETTERS and don't use any punctuation.

I'm wondering if someone knows where this issue might be coming from, and if there is a fix that does not compromise security. I made a search in the forum and in google and found nothing interesting.

I'm using the default OSC contact us file, just with some modifications in HTML to provide more info to the customer, but I also tried the Super Contact Us contribution with the same result.

I'm also wondering if this is not happening to anyone else.

Regards,

Ideas anyone??

Hello, I am having the Contact Us problems and inserted the code in post number 2. Still doesn't work. Before doing that I contacted my host and they looked into the matter and here's there response to me:

My settings are:

E-Mail Transport Method sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails false

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.

I'm having the same problem, the Contact Us form is not working, however every other aspect of e-mail is working such as customer orders etc. I am friendly with my ISP, so if you can tell me what he should do, I'll tell him. For example if most systems don't permit a sender to be different e-mail addresses, can he use a wildcard on the server? Would this become a security issue? Can anyone add any more recent advice regarding this issue, I haven't touched my Contact Us file code since it was originally downloaded and installed, which seems crazy to me that it doesn't work, especially seeing all other aspects of the e-mail are working. Any tips, I'm prepared to crawl over razor blades and through barbed wire to get this working B)

Regards Ron

I'm having the same problem, the Contact Us form is not working, however every other aspect of e-mail is working such as customer orders etc. I am friendly with my ISP, so if you can tell me what he should do, I'll tell him.

Maybe you try replacing the sender to be the store owner (like described in post#2) and make sure the store owner email belongs to your domain.

Does it work then?

Maybe you try replacing the sender to be the store owner (like described in post#2) and make sure the store owner email belongs to your domain.

Does it work then?

Hi George, I did the post#2 and it didn't make any difference, and yes the store owner is in the domain. I sent a copy of your link to the server operator, he is a good bloke and perhaps when he reads and sees what you have said in that previous reply, it might help him by jogging his memory in some respect. Unless you can think of anything else that I can do programatically, it would appear that it might be a server issue. I tried all the settings possible, smtp & sendmail and so on. Have you had any experiences where the post#2 code did not resolve the Contact Us form working and then suggested something additional? It is a little strange in that orders work, so does Guest can tell a friend. This is the area where it's hard to get your head around, the e-mail works thus certain parts of the server obviously are working, but just not the Contact Us form, which once again points to a script issue.

Just for the record, i'll post my full code for the Contact Us page, after I finally resolve the issue I'll come back and delte it out because I don't really want unnecessarily long posts. I'm doing this also to have you check the line endings, I'm starting to realise that php is very particular about what is on each line:

<?php

/*

$Id: contact_us.php,v 1.42 2003/06/12 12:17:07 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CONTACT_US);

$error = false;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'send')) {

$name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['name']);

$email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['email']);

$enquiry = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry']);

// BOF multimixer//

//define variable $email_body//

$email_body = $enquiry . "\r\n" . $name . "\r\n" . $email_address;

// if you want to add more fields do so by adding this line [ ."\r\n" . ] between the fields you wish to display and order them acourdingly//

//define variable $from_email. Set to Store owner email address as defined in Admin panel//

$from_email = (STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

//EOF multimixer //

//BOF Multimixer//

// $enquiry replaced by $email_body Includes $email_body to message instead of $enquiry. $email_address replaced by $from_email Email is getting send from $from-email instead of $email_address//

if (tep_validate_email($email_address)) {

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_body, $name, $from_email);

//EOF multimixer//

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=success'));

} else {

$error = true;

$messageStack->add('contact', ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK_ERROR);

}

}

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US));

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="col_left">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" class="col_center"><?php echo tep_draw_form('contact_us', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr><td>

<?php tep_draw_heading_top();?>

<?php new contentBoxHeading_ProdNew($info_box_contents);?>

<?php tep_draw_heading_top_1();?>

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

if ($messageStack->size('contact') > 0) {

?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo $messageStack->output('contact'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'success')) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="center"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_man_on_board.gif', HEADING_TITLE, '0', '0', 'align="left"') . TEXT_SUCCESS; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<?php echo tep_draw_infoBox_top();?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php echo tep_draw_infoBox_bottom();?>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td>

<?php echo tep_draw_infoBox_top();?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('name'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_ENQUIRY; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('enquiry', 'soft', 50, 15); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<tr><td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td></tr>

</table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td align="right" class="bg_input"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<tr><td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td></tr>

</table>

<?php echo tep_draw_infoBox_bottom();?>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

<?php tep_draw_heading_bottom_1();?>

<?php tep_draw_heading_bottom();?>

</td></tr>

</table>

</form></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td class="col_right">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //--></body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Regards Ron

Hi George, I did the post#2 and it didn't make any difference, and yes the store owner is in the domain.

[...]

It is a little strange in that orders work, so does Guest can tell a friend.

Post #2 does nothing more that to replace the sender of the email to be the store owner instead of the customer. This is for cases/hosts (like yahoo) where only the domain owner can send emails via php scripts. Doing this changes you send an email to your self with the contact us

The order confirmation mail is send by the store owner, so it has not this sort of problems

If you say that tell a friend works (where none of the emails belongs to the domain) then the changes of post #2 are useless, but the issue becomes even more strange. Lets wait what the host say

Post #2 does nothing more that to replace the sender of the email to be the store owner instead of the customer. This is for cases/hosts (like yahoo) where only the domain owner can send emails via php scripts. Doing this changes you send an email to your self with the contact us

The order confirmation mail is send by the store owner, so it has not this sort of problems

If you say that tell a friend works (where none of the emails belongs to the domain) then the changes of post #2 are useless, but the issue becomes even more strange. Lets wait what the host say

Agreed George, the host can't look until the weekend and it is Wednesday evening here at the moment, so I just have to wait a couple of days. Would you suggest I put the code back to it's original or leave it the way it is (above)?

Regards Ron

Hello,

I followed the directions for adding extra input fields to the contact form, however the extra fields are not being sent through with the email. The only thing I receive in the email is the customer's message, but not any of the data from the extra fields I have added.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Agreed George, the host can't look until the weekend and it is Wednesday evening here at the moment, so I just have to wait a couple of days. Would you suggest I put the code back to it's original or leave it the way it is (above)?

Hi George, the system operator fixed the issue of the Contact Us page at the server end and it works, as does the Guest tell a friend, and also the Send Email in the tools section of the administration section, however I am not getting a store owners copy of email when someone buys a product. I've gone over the Checkout_Process.php file and I don't think the issue is there. I did amend a few files to get the 'Call for Price' to work, could this have had an impact on sending copies of purchase orders to the Store Owner? Where should I look to fix this one last remaining problem?

Regards Ron

Hi George, the system operator fixed the issue of the Contact Us page at the server end and it works, as does the Guest tell a friend, and also the Send Email in the tools section of the administration section, however I am not getting a store owners copy of email when someone buys a product. I've gone over the Checkout_Process.php file and I don't think the issue is there. I did amend a few files to get the 'Call for Price' to work, could this have had an impact on sending copies of purchase orders to the Store Owner? Where should I look to fix this one last remaining problem?

Well, first, glad that contact us work now.

The order confirmation mail, customers and owners copy, is done in checkout_process.php. So, looking must start from there. Post the relevant code of the file (lets start with the email ....). I'm sure that you have a email set for "send extra orders to" in your admin panel, right?

Well, first, glad that contact us work now.

The order confirmation mail, customers and owners copy, is done in checkout_process.php. So, looking must start from there. Post the relevant code of the file (lets start with the email ....). I'm sure that you have a email set for "send extra orders to" in your admin panel, right?

Yes George, I have "send extra orders to" working correctly, it is just that I am not getting the store owner copy of the e-mail, here is my code for the checkout_process.php below, I think in my zeal to learn this language I have actually mixed different versions of some files, it wouldn't surprize me crying.gif Anyway here is the code:

<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_process.php 1750 2007-12-21 05:20:28Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

include('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot(array('mode' => 'SSL', 'page' => FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT));

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page

if ($cart->count_contents() < 1) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

}

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || !tep_session_is_registered('sendto')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

}

if ( (tep_not_null(MODULE_PAYMENT_INSTALLED)) && (!tep_session_is_registered('payment')) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

// avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure by checking the internal cartID

if (isset($cart->cartID) && tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) {

if ($cart->cartID != $cartID) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

}

}

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS);

// load selected payment module

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');

$payment_modules = new payment($payment);

// load the selected shipping module

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');

$shipping_modules = new shipping($shipping);

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

// Stock Check

$any_out_of_stock = false;

if (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') {

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (tep_check_stock($order->products[$i]['id'], $order->products[$i]['qty'])) {

$any_out_of_stock = true;

}

}

// Out of Stock

if ( (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT != 'true') && ($any_out_of_stock == true) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

}

}

$payment_modules->update_status();

if ( ( is_array($payment_modules->modules) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && !is_object($$payment) ) || (is_object($$payment) && ($$payment->enabled == false)) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED), 'SSL'));

}

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

$sql_data_array = array('customers_id' => $customer_id,

'customers_name' => $order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'],

'customers_company' => $order->customer['company'],

'customers_street_address' => $order->customer['street_address'],

'customers_suburb' => $order->customer['suburb'],

'customers_city' => $order->customer['city'],

'customers_postcode' => $order->customer['postcode'],

'customers_state' => $order->customer['state'],

'customers_country' => $order->customer['country']['title'],

'customers_telephone' => $order->customer['telephone'],

'customers_email_address' => $order->customer['email_address'],

'customers_address_format_id' => $order->customer['format_id'],

'delivery_name' => trim($order->delivery['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->delivery['lastname']),

'delivery_company' => $order->delivery['company'],

'delivery_street_address' => $order->delivery['street_address'],

'delivery_suburb' => $order->delivery['suburb'],

'delivery_city' => $order->delivery['city'],

'delivery_postcode' => $order->delivery['postcode'],

'delivery_state' => $order->delivery['state'],

'delivery_country' => $order->delivery['country']['title'],

'delivery_address_format_id' => $order->delivery['format_id'],

'billing_name' => $order->billing['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->billing['lastname'],

'billing_company' => $order->billing['company'],

'billing_street_address' => $order->billing['street_address'],

'billing_suburb' => $order->billing['suburb'],

'billing_city' => $order->billing['city'],

'billing_postcode' => $order->billing['postcode'],

'billing_state' => $order->billing['state'],

'billing_country' => $order->billing['country']['title'],

'billing_address_format_id' => $order->billing['format_id'],

'payment_method' => $order->info['payment_method'],

'cc_type' => $order->info['cc_type'],

'cc_owner' => $order->info['cc_owner'],

'cc_number' => $order->info['cc_number'],

'cc_expires' => $order->info['cc_expires'],

'date_purchased' => 'now()',

'orders_status' => $order->info['order_status'],

'currency' => $order->info['currency'],

'currency_value' => $order->info['currency_value']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS, $sql_data_array);

$insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,

'title' => $order_totals[$i]['title'],

'text' => $order_totals[$i]['text'],

'value' => $order_totals[$i]['value'],

'class' => $order_totals[$i]['code'],

'sort_order' => $order_totals[$i]['sort_order']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL, $sql_data_array);

}

$customer_notification = (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') ? '1' : '0';

'orders_status_id' => $order->info['order_status'],

'date_added' => 'now()',

'customer_notified' => $customer_notification,

'comments' => $order->info['comments']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);

// initialized for the email confirmation

$products_ordered = '';

$subtotal = 0;

$total_tax = 0;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

// Stock Update - Joao Correia

if (STOCK_LIMITED == 'true') {

if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {

$stock_query_raw = "SELECT products_quantity, pad.products_attributes_filename

FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p

LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa

ON p.products_id=pa.products_id

LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad

ON pa.products_attributes_id=pad.products_attributes_id

WHERE p.products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'";

// Will work with only one option for downloadable products

// otherwise, we have to build the query dynamically with a loop

$products_attributes = $order->products[$i]['attributes'];

if (is_array($products_attributes)) {

$stock_query_raw .= " AND pa.options_id = '" . $products_attributes[0]['option_id'] . "' AND pa.options_values_id = '" . $products_attributes[0]['value_id'] . "'";

}

$stock_query = tep_db_query($stock_query_raw);

} else {

$stock_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

}

if (tep_db_num_rows($stock_query) > 0) {

$stock_values = tep_db_fetch_array($stock_query);

// do not decrement quantities if products_attributes_filename exists

if ((DOWNLOAD_ENABLED != 'true') || (!$stock_values['products_attributes_filename'])) {

$stock_left = $stock_values['products_quantity'] - $order->products[$i]['qty'];

} else {

$stock_left = $stock_values['products_quantity'];

}

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_quantity = '" . $stock_left . "' where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

if ( ($stock_left < 1) && (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT == 'false') ) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_status = '0' where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

}

}

}

// Update products_ordered (for bestsellers list)

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_ordered = products_ordered + " . sprintf('%d', $order->products[$i]['qty']) . " where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

'products_id' => tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']),

'products_model' => $order->products[$i]['model'],

'products_name' => $order->products[$i]['name'],

'products_price' => $order->products[$i]['price'],

'final_price' => $order->products[$i]['final_price'],

'products_tax' => $order->products[$i]['tax'],

'products_quantity' => $order->products[$i]['qty']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);

$order_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

//------insert customer choosen option to order--------

$attributes_exist = '0';

$products_ordered_attributes = '';

if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) {

$attributes_exist = '1';

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {

if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {

$attributes_query = "select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pad.products_attributes_maxdays, pad.products_attributes_maxcount , pad.products_attributes_filename

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa

left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad

on pa.products_attributes_id=pad.products_attributes_id

where pa.products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "'

and pa.options_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option_id'] . "'

and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id

and pa.options_values_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value_id'] . "'

and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id

and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'

and poval.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'";

$attributes = tep_db_query($attributes_query);

} else {

$attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa where pa.products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id and pa.options_values_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and poval.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

}

$attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes);

'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id,

'products_options' => $attributes_values['products_options_name'],

'products_options_values' => $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'],

'options_values_price' => $attributes_values['options_values_price'],

'price_prefix' => $attributes_values['price_prefix']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, $sql_data_array);

if ((DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') && isset($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename']) && tep_not_null($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'])) {

'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id,

'orders_products_filename' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'],

'download_maxdays' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxdays'],

'download_count' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxcount']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD, $sql_data_array);

}

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

}

}

//------insert customer choosen option eof ----

$total_weight += ($order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['weight']);

$total_tax += tep_calculate_tax($total_products_price, $products_tax) * $order->products[$i]['qty'];

$total_cost += $total_products_price;

$products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ') = ' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax'], $order->products[$i]['qty']) . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n";

}

// lets start with the email confirmation

//BOF Multimixer 21.6.09

//$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n\n" .

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_GREETING . ' ' . $order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'] . "\n\n".

EMAIL_TEXT_GREETING . "\n" .

//EOF Multimixer

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $insert_id . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

$products_ordered .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

$email_order .= strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['title']) . ' ' . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['text']) . "\n";

}

if ($order->content_type != 'virtual') {

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n";

}

//BOF Multimixer 19.6.09

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_TELEPHONE . ' ' . $order->customer['telephone'] . "\n";

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MAIL . ' ' . $order->customer['email_address']. "\n\n";

// EOF Multimixer

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n";

//BOF Multimixer 19.6.09

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_TELEPHONE . ' ' . $order->customer['telephone'] . "\n";

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MAIL . ' ' . $order->customer['email_address']. "\n\n";

// EOF Multimixer

if (is_object($$payment)) {

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

$payment_class = $$payment;

$email_order .= $order->info['payment_method'] . "\n\n";

if ($payment_class->email_footer) {

$email_order .= $payment_class->email_footer . "\n\n";

}

}

//BOF Multimixer 19.6.09

if ($order->info['comments']) {

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_COMMENT . "\n".

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n".

tep_db_output($order->info['comments']) . "\n\n";

}

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_SIGNATURE . "\n";

//EOF Multimixer

tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// BOF Multimixer 25.6.2009. send emails to other people

$email_store .= EMAIL_TEXT_STORE_INTRO . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_STORE_CUSTOMER . ' ' . $order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'] . "\n".

EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_ID . ' ' . $customer_id . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $insert_id . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";

$email_store .= EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

$products_ordered .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

$email_store .= strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['title']) . ' ' . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['text']) . "\n";

}

if ($order->content_type != 'virtual') {

$email_store .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n";

}

$email_store .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_TELEPHONE . ' ' . $order->customer['telephone'] . "\n";

$email_store .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MAIL . ' ' . $order->customer['email_address']. "\n\n";

$email_store .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n";

$email_store .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_TELEPHONE . ' ' . $order->customer['telephone'] . "\n";

$email_store .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMER_MAIL . ' ' . $order->customer['email_address']. "\n\n";

if (is_object($$payment)) {

$email_store .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

$payment_class = $$payment;

$email_store .= $order->info['payment_method'] . "\n\n";

if ($payment_class->email_footer) {

$email_store .= $payment_class->email_footer . "\n\n";

}

}

if ($order->info['comments']) {

$email_store .= EMAIL_TEXT_CUSTOMERS_COMMENT . "\n".

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n".

tep_db_output($order->info['comments']) . "\n\n";

}

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_STORE_SUBJECT, $email_store, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

}

//EOF

// load the after_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->after_process();

$cart->reset(true);

// unregister session variables used during checkout

tep_session_unregister('sendto');

tep_session_unregister('billto');

tep_session_unregister('shipping');

tep_session_unregister('payment');

tep_session_unregister('comments');

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

Regards Ron

Yes George, I have "send extra orders to" working correctly, it is just that I am not getting the store owner copy of the e-mail

What exactly is not working? The store owner mail is send via the "send extra orders" setting in admin. Don't you get any notification if a customer order or don't you get the owners version of the mail?

PS Can you please post the code using the

code tags

,(look like this <> in the menu reply bar, so it's easy to read and to copy? Would be a great help

What exactly is not working? The store owner mail is send via the "send extra orders" setting in admin. Don't you get any notification if a customer order or don't you get the owners version of the mail?

PS Can you please post the code using the

code tags

,(look like this <> in the menu reply bar, so it's easy to read and to copy? Would be a great help

Hello George, if a customer buys a product, he gets his e-mail correctly, plus I can get an e-mail sent to me using say a spare Hotmail account that I have, but I cannot get a notification via e-mail as the Store Owner (using the correct domain e-mail address). Also, now I see the <> facility, sorry I never knew about it, in future I will put all my code snippets inside like this:

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions http://www.oscommerce.com 

There are so many wonderful features of this forum, thank you thumbsup.gif

Regards Ron

Hello George, if a customer buys a product, he gets his e-mail correctly, plus I can get an e-mail sent to me using say a spare Hotmail account that I have, but I cannot get a notification via e-mail as the Store Owner (using the correct domain e-mail address).

So, let me understand: You receive, as a store owner, the new order email to a hotmail account that you have set in "send extra order emails" but you can not get the email to your store owner mail address? The new order emails are send ONLY to addresses set in the "send extra mail" field, they are not send to the store owner automatically. So you need to enter the store owner mail address into this field one more time

By the way, I'm just thinking, that this could be changed so that the store owner receives ALWAYS an email and the "extra mails" keep their meaning of "extra"

To get this do as follows

in file checkout_process.php find

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_STORE_SUBJECT, $email_store, STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }

add just before

// send email to store owner always multimixer 6 3 2010
   tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_TEXT_STORE_SUBJECT, $email_store, STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

If you have the option installed to receive a mail when a person register then

in file create_account.php find

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_OWNER_SUBJECT, $owners_text, STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
    }

add just before

// send email to store owner always multimixer 6 3 2010
   tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_OWNER_SUBJECT, $owners_text, STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

I hope that I have no mistake anywhere in the hurry. Can you test this and report it is working?

Archived