• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help for a dummy

Bigjohns

I have a problem on my website that I need someone to either fix for me or tell me how to fix the problem which would take forever or do it for me and tell me what they did so I can learn more about fixing things myself. I will pay for your time I'm told it would take very little time to fix if I knew how to do the coding and find the button that Paypal says is the problem.

The problem. When a customer orders the order goes to Paypal no problem but does not go to the order page on the site so I do not know I have an order until I get the email from Paypal telling me I have an order but of course it don't tell what the order is for just that it's paid for.

I'm learning as I go but it's taking forever to learn all this stuff maybe I waited to long to start learning it I could sure use some help. Thanks for reading this

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this issue is fixed by installing the paypal IPN module which ensures orders are stored in the database whether customers come back to the store after completing their paypal payment or not.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Avoid the IPN module, it is incorrectly coded.

I have just installed osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_2_3_4_7 and it seems to be working as it should... of course, I have not tested it thoroughly. Could you please explain a bit more why it is incorrectly coded? Thanks

I have just installed osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_2_3_4_7 and it seems to be working as it should... of course, I have not tested it thoroughly. Could you please explain a bit more why it is incorrectly coded? Thanks

The problem has been solved and it wasn't the coding but a simple problem at Paypal that they didn't want to admit but they finally fixed it on their site had to do with returning the order to my website. It was in the profile settings.

The problem has been solved and it wasn't the coding but a simple problem at Paypal that they didn't want to admit but they finally fixed it on their site had to do with returning the order to my website. It was in the profile settings.

you mean it was about turning on the IPN thing in the profile? just wondering.

Paypal no doubt offers a very useful and rather cheap service compared to others, especially for multilingual and multicurrency transactions, so much so that I've been using PP for about 7 years. However, whenever there is a problem, either with a transaction or with the account, PP's attitude is this: "we are right, you are wrong".

whenever there is a problem

Well, I've certainly heard that about PayPal, as well as, most other payment processors.... guess it goes with the territory. Good to hear that the problem is not the IPN module, though, at least while I'm testing ... sure there's more challenges ahead w/paypal..thanks for the 'heads-up'...

Archived