• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Methods 3.0 - can't install

designbysue

Had USPS Methods 3.0 installed and working on a site. Uninstalled it through the admin of the cart because client wanted to provide free shipping for a special. Now I need to turn it back on but when I click the install button in the admin, noting happens. Before I try going line by line of the code, does anyone know what might have happened?

Thanks

Sue

Design by Sue

More on this found here: Post in Installation and Configuration

I am sorry for double posts but at this point I am desparate. I have installed 4.3 of the USPS Methods and no luck - I also went back to the 1.4 installation (I beleive that was it - was the original when I installed OSCommerce to the site) and no luck. The install button just will not work. Please someone take pitty on my and help... please...

Had USPS Methods 3.0 installed and working on a site. Uninstalled it through the admin of the cart because client wanted to provide free shipping for a special. Now I need to turn it back on but when I click the install button in the admin, noting happens. Before I try going line by line of the code, does anyone know what might have happened?

Thanks

Sue

Design by Sue

It appears the module is working except for the install link and the panel showing the information. Turns out the module is installed and to get to the control panel I need to double click on United States Postal Service (the words) I am now getting the following warning even though the permissions for the file are set to read, read, read.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /services/webpages/i/n/intentionsjewelry.com/secure/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I realize this is a strange problem - but any input really appreciated!

Sue

Maybe for your server the correct permissions are read,none, none (400)

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.