• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Nucleus of cart price...

Hi,

I'm doing a promo with a third party where their members get a discount. Basically, what I'm going to do is when the person signs in, as they must, one of the fields is "member ID".

As they go to check out, I then deduct a set amount for each one of a specific product bought...

For example, my shop is http://www.bikerrainchaps.com.

If some one is a member of a particular organization, they enter their member ID into their profile and carry on shopping... (Also considering doing this solely as a PROMO code kind of idea during the shopping process)

I want to either show the price of the Biker Rain Chaps as $5 less or I want to wait until they check out and then show them $5 * number of biker rain chaps purchase as the discount on their total bill.

Net, can you all help me with one or more of the following three:

1. Is there a contrib which would help me do this?

2. Where is the start of the calculation of an item's price so I can ad my logic in?

3. Where's the start of the calculation of a total cart price and how can I figure out what's in the cart in order to do my calculation?

Any help is appreciated. If you are interested in helping me with this on a for-fee basis, too, I'd be interested in hearing what this would cost.

Thanks!

- Ray

Hi,

Sounds complicated! I have seen a contribution whihc allows differnt people to get different prices. There is also contribs for discounts.

It may be easier to set these up, and do away with the member-id thing.

kellie

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

There are two ways to go:

1st: Install a contrib which enables you to put the customers into groups and define special prices for them. Only thing is the member id won't work and needs to be programmed.

2nd: Using a coupon contrib where you can add the member ids as code. During checkout they get the amount deducted from the total. As far as I know the coupons don't support single products, but I may be wrong on this.

The second option is the one I'm going for. Do you have any suggestions for contribs?

Is product price pulled from one function? If so, I could modify this function based upon the User Attributes...

So, I guess the question here is two-fold.

One, does product price come from one particular function call?

Two, how is the OSC-way of querying data about a user? Is there a specific "$customer->get->attribute" call or something of the sort to access a customer's data?

Thanks!

The products price is fetched from the database each time it needs to be displayed. There is no single function for it. So it would be a lot of work to check any appearance and change the code.

The customer attributes are also not stored in a class, but after login the data are stored in the session informations.

I haven't used it lately, but this was working. Don't know what the latest updates has changed.

Archived