• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's online enhancement - can we stop duplicates?

Hi there,

I appreciate there is a support thread for the who's online enhancement but it seems that the last entry was quite a long time ago, so would appear that it's not in use anymore.

Is anyone familiar with this contribution?

I believe I have 3.5 installed and it works absolutely fantastic - wouldn't change a thing - except one!!!!!

Is there any way to stop the duplicates appearing?

For instance my store can say it has 12 guests online, but when I look it could be the same person over and over and over.

I appreciate that the enhancement tells me that its a duplicate but would rather there was a way to just show who was online once so that I knew that if it says I had 12 guests then they were 12 different guests. Does that make sense?

I have read through the support thread but it doesn't seem to cover this - is there a way I can fix it please?

Many thanks

Hi [email protected],

Thanks for the response, I will post the question in the thread as you suggested - just wasn't sure if I should do that or not as it seems to have been a while since anyone has used it.

In answer to your question the osCsid is different for the same user - am not great at this stuff, don't know what the osCsid is or anything - am trying to learn but is taking a very long time!!!

Thank for responding to me :0)

You're best off posting in the actual support thread if you want help.

When you change the 'Profile Display' to show 'all information', is the osCsid the same?