• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Types v2

Zappo

That was like that from the very beginning it has nothing to do with BS or add-on version. The person who coded it, Zappo, mentioned something like this in the past that only one checkbox value can be passed on to the cart.

@Tsimi

Thanks, I sought for the info in this thread and saw his words.

But I think it does not transfer two or more values of checkbox for the core codes of oscommerce. As I also looking into the codes of classes of shipping_cart.php, general.php and the application_top.php. Do you have any suggestion for me to modify the codes which can make it to transfer more values from checkboxes to the shopping cart or do you know which function is processing the data of product? I tried to print the add_product, it shown nothing.

Thanks in advanced.

chuntse

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

This concerns a new CE Phoenix installation.

Is there a version of Option Types that works with CE Phoenix v1.0.5.0?

If not, could OTBS v1.4 be made to work with CE Phoenix v1.0.5.0?

Thank you.

Regards,

Rich-OS

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm rebuilding a store from scratch because it got too old and could not be updated.
So I have a plain 2.3.4.1 running and I believe I have done everything correctly, but the options page looks like this:
And I got this error when I ran the SQL file on my database.
Any suggestions would be most welcome!!

Screenshot 2021-07-06 003005.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-06 003039.jpg

7 hours ago, silver262 said:

And I got this error when I ran the SQL file on my database.

It is failing because the entries in the database already exists. You can only run the sql file once.

There are a number of versions of this addon. As I recall, most required changes to the configure.php files. You may want to recheck the install instructions to be sure all file changes were made.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I tried running the SQL file a few times after restoring the database from a backup. I would always get some type of error.
Yes, there are a lot of changes required for this mod. But I want to make sure the SQL is correct since it is showing errors during install.
I'm using the latest version of the contribution "Option Types vs for 2.3.4 improved"

Edited by silver262

That's not a link to the addon so I can't comment on it. But for the database, if you think there is a problem with it, you will have to manually delete all of the related parts before you can run the script again.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I believe I got the SQL problems solved.
I double checked all of the Admin files and they look correct. I used the alternative Admin>products_attributes.php file that is included.
This is how that screen looks. Something isn't right. Any ideas? It's listing Error 0 and it does not save the Option Type.
image.thumb.png.17147936d518ea83daf78ec1d3ec8cd0.png

Those items in capital letters are definitions. They appear like that when the definition is used but does not exist. As mentioned previously, most versions of this addon included those definitions in the configure files. But later version placed them in a different file or the database.

The easiest thing to do is to search the addon (all of it, not just the php files) for one of those definitions, like OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXTAREA_NAME. You should get more than one result. Check each one to be sure you have made the indicated change.

If you only get one result, then you are probably using a partial update. Some people got lazy when uploading updates to addons and would only upload changed files instead of the complete package. If that is the case, you will need to check the previous releases until you find a complete one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, chuntse said:

I would like to know if this addon influences the functioning of  Easypopulate after installation?

I don't understand the question but if you are asking if Easy Populate will see the new options, then yes, it should. It might depend on the version of your shop, which you should always mention, but I think it worked on all versions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

14 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I don't understand the question but if you are asking if Easy Populate will see the new options, then yes, it should. It might depend on the version of your shop, which you should always mention, but I think it worked on all versions.

Hi Jack,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I noticed that the options types v2 needs to new columns to the database tables. Does it influence easypopulate to import data to database?

chuntse

Easy Populate can handle all of the fields in the products and products_description tables. If it doesn't recognize them automatically you can easily add them by editing the file. There are instructions in the file for how to do that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

On 8/31/2021 at 9:34 PM, Jack_mcs said:

Easy Populate can handle all of the fields in the products and products_description tables. If it doesn't recognize them automatically you can easily add them by editing the file. There are instructions in the file for how to do that.

Thanks a lot for your information.

chuntse