• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Types v2

Zappo

@@jlous

What version of oscommerce are you using and which version of Option Types did you install?

You upgraded or are in the process of upgrading your shop?

Can you once compare the html_output.php file of your current shop with the one from a fresh package using winmerge or any other comparison tool. In particular the tep_draw_input_field stuff.

Hi,

I solved the problem. The server was running PHP version 5.2. I had it updated 5.3 and that seemed to fix the problem. 

Thanks for you help.

Jennifer

• 3 weeks later...

I want to add a link to an image, the administrator can download the uploaded image.
Reference should be only when the option type - Image.
To do this, create a condition if.
I can not understand for what variable to catch.
Can you help me create the condition?

admin/orders.php

//BOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - Removed <nobr>, because Text options can be very long
// burt 2.3.3.4
             echo '<br /><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];
             if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';
             ///////////// A link to download the file, if that type of option - file
             if (???????????????????? == 'Image') {
              echo '<br /> <a href="' . (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . '/images/uploads/' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . '" target="_blank">' . TEXT_TYPE_OPTION_FILE_DOWNLOAD . '</a>';
             }
             //////////////////
             echo '</i></small>';
//EOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - Removed <nobr>, because Text options can be very long

Thank you very much for your help!

Edited by spidometrs

No outside url's in signatures allowed - thanks

@@spidometrs

Hi Sergey

Sorry but I have no clue. I tried for a few hours but didn't get anything useful.

The shopping_cart.php has a link to the image but any attempt to copy that feature failed.

It would be nice to be able to click on a link to download the image or have a small thumbnail to right click on it and save it.

This is beyond my skills, sorry. I hope someone can and will shed some light in this matter.

I know Burt did created a very nice, commercial image upload and handling feature for one of his customers in the past.

Here the link to the introduction page

http://www.clubosc.com/interesting-project-file-uploads.html

@@spidometrs

Here is one more upload feature (commercial as well): http://multimixer.gr/08/03/2012/fileupload-for-oscommerce/

Its also possible to have a special file download page in admin for any images (or other files) uploaded using option types

Thank you for your answers!

I have another question: how to delete a file?
Deleting the file in time - is not working.
The administrative part, I set: Delete Uploads older than = -1 days, but the files are not deleted.
Have you checked the file deletion? You have it work?

Thank you!

Nice add-on!

I have a couple of problems:

The input box for option values is no longer there.

When I click an item in the cart it goes to index.php but the url showing in the browser is for the product page. This may have to do with seo friendly urls, I'm not sure.

TIA

I have a checkbox that doesn't stay where it belongs. This has only happened on 2 products so far, the rest are ok.

This is happening on products with short descriptions that don't extend below the images. The box moves to a spot under the images.

Thank you for your answers!

I have another question: how to delete a file?

Deleting the file in time - is not working.

The administrative part, I set: Delete Uploads older than = -1 days, but the files are not deleted.

Have you checked the file deletion? You have it work?

Thank you!

The delete function is only for images or files inside the temp folder not the upload folder.

I guess the idea behind it was to delete only the images, after a certain time, that have been uploaded by guests that never completed the order.

In the admin it says

"Uploads in the Temporary folder are automatically deleted when older than this setting."

If you want to be able to have more handling features for uploaded images then you either go with multimixers or burts commercial version. Those seem to give you all the freedom that someone might need to handle images that have been uploaded.

Edited by Tsimi

The delete function is only for images or files inside the temp folder not the upload folder.

I guess the idea behind it was to delete only the images, after a certain time, that have been uploaded by guests that never completed the order.

In the admin it says

I understood.

Thanks for the help.

CK BOX SOLVED:

In building this site I modified data from my other site to fit the BS data base and imported my old data.

Over the last 14 yrs I have used 3 different editors for product description. TinyMCE used thru the AAS add-on (Alternative Administration System) was the least used and caused 4 products to get screwy when I added OT. Two of the products that went wonky only had the old data options and were listing some drop downs before the description and the rest after it.

I removed the added editor code from the description and problem is solved.

I still could use some help with:

The categories box disappears on the product info page.

No input box for option_values

Thanks

Thanks so much for the contribution!  It's working well, but I am curious if there is an attribute copier contribution that will work with this.  I have dozens of products that each allow for the same 10 options, so it would be great to just copy from one product to another as you could with previous versions of OsCommerce.  Thanks!

@@dani

Did some search and the following looks interesting. The description looks very promising.

A multi-select list that allows adding attributes to many products at once.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/410091-easier-attributes/#entry1746769

Edited by Tsimi

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to bother you again, but I was wondering if there was a way to add an "edit" button to the shopping cart page to allow the customer to fix any typos before proceeding to checkout.  

Thanks!!

@@dani

Hi Dani

I think it would be possible to add an "edit" button that links back to the product info page of that product so that the customer can change/edit the options. But I don't think that it would be possible to edit the inserted text on the shopping_cart.php page.

Edited by Tsimi

In the shopping cart, you can click on the product image/name, and it'll take you back to the product info page with the options still populated, so the customer could fix errors.  The problem is...the only option is "add to cart", so once they fixed the error, a second product is added to the cart, rather than the current one being updated.  Hmmm.....?