• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Types v2

Zappo

Unfortunately I cannot upload it here because of the 300KB file limit so if anyone wants this PM me. If my PM box should be full and you can't reach me just post here in this thread.

Why don't you upload it to the add ons area?

I have a problem with product options being added twice to the database when order is placed and also showing twice in confirmation email, order details, invoices, etc. like this:

Product Name
- Options: Option #1 (+$1.50)
- Options: Option #1 (+$1.50)

I can't figure out what can be a problem here. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

@@Irin

Try to download the latest version of Option Types v2 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6818) which includes an install manual for osC 2.3.4.

Take a look at it and compare it with your files see if the changes are the same. Version 2.3.1 was not perfectly working on a osC 2.3.4 shop.

application_top.php is maybe a good place to start.

• 3 weeks later...

...and they seem to be very similar...

very similar is not same. Why don't you use pastebin.com and show us for starters your application_top.php file. There are many files that need to be changed for this Addon to run and to bug hunt something like you have is not an easy task without looking at the code at least or better touching your files.

P.S. When you use pastebin make sure it is setup to "unlisted", "no expire date" and coding language PHP.

Once you uploaded your code it will provide you with an URL to that code, that URL you post here.

Edited by Tsimi

@@Irin

I just took a look at your file.

Man those are a lot custom changes in there. Anyways, the code for the Option Types is correct and same as the one in the install manual.

So the issue must be somewhere else then. You have something installed called qpbpp 2.0 (quantity price break per product, maybe?) could it be that something is not working properly there?

Edited by Tsimi

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@@Tsimi

Thanks for http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9367

Try to install, but...................

1) in Option Types v2 Install Instructions 2.3.4 BS catalog.txt you mention a change will be made in catalog/includes/database_tables.php

2) in Option Types v2 Install Instructions 2.3.4 BS admin.txt you mention a change wil be made in  catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

BUT both changes i cannot find in the manuals!!

PLEASE advise  and yes.....i did Run SQL file: OptionTypes v2 SQL.sql on your database

Edited by fotogaaf

And i think i made an error.

See image, i think the `option value` must be text, because i want the customer to fill in some numbers.....

But i can´t check anything!

Image url www.fotogaaf.eu/osc.jpg

PLEASE advise

@@fotogaaf

Regarding the database_tables.php that could be a leftover from the old manual which I forgot to remove. Will check again to make sure and update the manual accordingly. Thanks.

Regarding your second issue. What exactly are you trying to achieve? What do you want the customer to be able to do?

Not sure since it's been a while, I will take a look today as soon I get back from work.

Edited by Tsimi

@Tsimi

Thanks .

What i'm trying to achieve is simple: see my old shop :

http://www.fotogaaf.eu/schoolfotograaf-shop/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/10/products_id/42

When a cusomer buys something, he/she HAS to fill in a photonumber ( i sell photo's :) )

That is why i need a "text-field" where the cutomer can fill in the number!

btw; in the old shop i used Option_Type_Feature_1.7.2-2.zip, but now i have to upgrade (see error message in the webshop), so thats how i found your add-on!

@Tsimi

A little bit further.......

1) I see that my "option name" is blank ??

2) i see an option ID 0 with option value CUSTOMER-INPUT ; this one i cannot delete ?? also not in te database ??

see image: http://www.fotogaaf.eu/osc2.jpg

Mystery....maybe an idea to give you (in a PM :) ) my database logins ??

Edited by fotogaaf

@@fotogaaf

Hi Roy

So I just took a look at it and there is nothing wrong with it at least not that I can see.

Maybe setting up a text field might be a bit confusing since it doesn't work exactly same as radio buttons or dropdowns.

Here is how I setup a text field as example.

Under Product Options

- Set Option Name -> Voer hier uw fotonummer in

- Select Option type -> Text

- Sort Order -> 1

- Value Length -> set here max length for the text field

- Comments -> add comments here if needed

- Click the + Insert button

Under Option Values

Nothing to do here. Just leave it as is. Do not try to delete ID 0 CUSTOMER-INPUT that is needed for all the text input fields.

Under Products Attributes

- Product Name -> Choose product that will have that text field

- Option Name -> Select Voer hier uw fotonummer in from the drop down

- Option Value -> ignore here and leave as is

- Value Price/Prefix -> set price if needed

- Sort order -> if only one field set to 1

- Click the + Insert button

Now you should see a text input field on the product info page of that product that you chose.

If you need to remove or delete that Option just delete it first from the Products Attributes section then from the Product Options section.

Never delete the CUSTOMER-INPUT from the Option Values section otherwise all the text field options will not work anymore.

Edited by Tsimi

@Tsimi

Hi Lambros, thanks again for your time and answer.

BUT......

I did get this far, but when i'm a customer i can't fill in anything ???!!
See for example :

http://www.fotogaaf.eu/schoolfotograaf-nederland-aanbieding-betaalbaar-prijs-actie-goedkoop/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/30

(I made a test catagory with products 1,2 3 :) )

see image for my settings : http://www.fotogaaf.eu/osc3.jpg

Edited by fotogaaf

I see... there is definitely something wrong. The text field suppose to be empty of course.

Here a screenshot of my test store.

I hate to tell you but you will have to go over the install manual again and see if anything went wrong during the installation.

Maybe a copy&paste error somewhere? It is hard to tell you what went wrong since I never had that issue.

Edited by Tsimi