• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Types v2

Zappo

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just trying to get Option Types V2 working with Base Price 2.0 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8556) .

It is working with the standard drop down fine, but it doesn't work for Text or Text area Option Type Attributes. I haven't checked Images as yet though.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to get this working?

Just responding to my own post - I have now got this working. Wasn't that difficult in the end.

BTW, the reason I chose this mod over the other AJAX price mod (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8278) is because the other one does not work with negative attribute costs and this one does.

I have installed the package but am still getting the phrase CUSTOMER-INPUT showing up instead of what the customer ordered. Has this been addressed as to an actual fix? I have read through the forums and seen it referenced but did not see a fix. If someone has one could they please post it. Thanks

The install instructions are not very thorough. Can anyone help please?

I have a modified version of OSC 2.3.1. To install do I need to perform the following steps in this sequence? :

1) Change the code in all of the various files as per install.txt

2) Copy the folder "catalog/admin/Attribumanager AddOn/attributemanager" into /catalog/admin on my website.

3) drop the file in /catalog/includes/classes into /catalog/includes/classes in my website.

4) Run the Sql in "OptionTypes v2 SQL.sql"

What about the file: catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal_standard.php ? This is not mentioned in install.txt, do I have to compare this version of the file to my current version of this file and add the missing stuff?

If this is the case is there anything else missing from install.txt?

Best way to go on is to compare each of the addon files with your files. Installation instructions may not be complete or very clear, the files have the code as it should be.

On top you have a modified store as you say, so you can't just replace any files, you will erase any modification you did to that files previously

You need to put special attention to file catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php . The file included in the recent upload seems not correctly done. AsI suggested before, best is you take the file of the original package by Zappo (last upload by Zappo) and compare it to what you have

Regarding paypal_standard.php, this is necessary only if you plan to use this payment method. The changes in that file are equal to what is done in checkout_process.php because paypal use it's own file to process the checkout

@@multimixer

You need to put special attention to file catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php . The file included in the recent upload seems not correctly done.

Perhaps you could explain the issue so I can correct the package ? I just installed that contribution for a client and had no issues with it.

Chris

@@DunWeb

Hi Chris

To be honest I don't know, never looked at the file, I can just see that there are several posts regarding the text options (text and textarea) not being transfered to the cart or empty cart issues, that's why my suggestion to compare with Zappo's package that work fine

@@multimixer

Hi George,

Interesting, I just installed the v2.3.1 version into a cart last week and had no issues. However, I will compare the files to see if I perhaps missed something. Thanks for the heads up.

Chris

Hi,

I have been at this 6 hours now. I am an experienced developer. I followed the install.txt. Now When I add a "text" type option I end up with it working like this. http://www.trinketsjewellery.com/handmade-baby-gifts-fairy-p-706.html If works as a drop down with "customer-input" in it. I have not got near the shopping cart yet. It is really dissapointing to find addons that are documented incorrectly/incompletely in the community. I am happy to help with making this right or to help out financially with this if it helps.

Edited by ciarandeb

Hello Everybody

I have a special issues by option types.

Let say I have option T1, T2, T3 defined for a product in this order.

On confirmation page the order is the same, but in admin in invoice it is the opposite.

So there it will be displayed T3, T2, T1.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Here the code:

checkout_confirmation.php -> ok

if ( (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) ) {

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {

//BOF Option Types v2.3.1

echo '<br><small>  - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': <i>' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . '</i>';

if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') {

echo ' - (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($order->products[$i]['tax'])) . ')';

}

echo '</small>';

//EOF Option Types v2.3.1

invoice.php

if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes']) && (($k = sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) > 0)) {

for ($j = 0; $j < $k; $j++) {

echo '<br><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';

echo '</i></small>';

// EOF Option Types

Does it depend on DB query?

Many thanks for your help

@@ciarandeb

You obviously made a mistake when making the code edits. CUSTOMER INPUT is only used when creating text input fields or boxes. Check your edits again. As I previously stated, I JUST installed this contribution onto a clients site and had no issues. I am looking into the issue that was brought to my attention a few days ago and will make changes if needed.

Keep in mind, I am not the original author of this contribution, I only re-wrote it for v2.3.x

Chris

@@ciarandeb

The instructions are correct for installation into a default setup. Your store may differ if you have manual upgrades (Rc2a to 2.3.1 or 2.3.2 or 2.3.3) or have other contributions already installed. The installation of a contribution requires basic PHP and SQL skills so that you can make changes as needed to complete the installation.

Chris

Thanks for all of your help guys. There was a second copy of configure.php knocking around my codebase (in /includes). This is what was causing the problem with the text field coming up as a drop down. Now I have an issue in that the "add to cart" does not work. I will look at it now. In the meantime if anyone finds something odd with the cart (as per the conversation above) please let me know.

If a repro of a shopping cart issue is any good to you then I have one here.

http://www.trinketsjewellery.com/handmade-baby-gifts-fairy-p-706.html

Press "add to cart" and the product is not added to the cart. I hope this helps. If there is anything else I can do to clarify this then please let me know. Just to note also that I have not made any chages listed in here "ReadMe-ImageOptions.html" as I don't need this feature. I assumed that it stood by itself and that the other options features work without this feature.

I have recently installed this contribution which I think is fantastic!

I had a few problems but managed to work through each one successfully. Now everything works fine except 1 small thing.

I have a Text Input field as an attribute which I would like to add to all of my products. When a customer completes the text in the input field - and then chooses to pay by Paypal - the text shows successfully all the way through to checkout confirmation page and also shows OK in order history / invoice and packing slip after the order is placed, but on the Paypal page itself, the attribute value is showing as "CUSTOMER-INPUT" instead of the text.

This isn't really a big problem, as I can still see the text on the invoices and confirmation email etc after the customer has placed the order but from the customer's point of view, they may think that the text has been lost between my site and Paypal and therefore abandon the purchase.

I may be looking in the wrong place but I have had a look at the Paypal IPN code in modules/payment and it looks like it passes the value through as the attribute's "value_id"

$order->products[$y]['attributes'][$z]['value_id']

In the case of the text input attribute I assume the default value id is "0", which would make it show CUSTOMER-INPUT, rather than the text entered by the customer.

Has anyone else has this issue? Is there a code modification I need to do? It does seem to be passing the information through OK somewhere, as the correct text shows after the order is placed in admin.

I hope someone can help!. Thanks.

p.s. I've already modified 1 line of code in the Paypal IPN module so that the text from the customer input field does go through to the admin (as before it showed as CUSTOMER-INPUT aswell on the invoice and packing slip in admin). This modification fixed this issue:

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,
								 'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id,
								 'products_options' => $attributes_values['products_options_name'],
// BOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - ONE LINE - Update insert query. changed to use value from $order->products.
'products_options_values' => $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'],
// EOF change added by ADM
								 'options_values_price' => $attributes_values['options_values_price'],
								 'price_prefix' => $attributes_values['price_prefix']);

Can we add a quantity box to the Text option? What my site needs is Text input1 x Qty1, Text input2 x Qty2 and so on and when customer hits add to cart then all Qty adds up and is added to the cart.

Still I am not able to integrate the Original contrib, I got stuck at step three

(3. admin/include/language/english/products_attributes.php) My site doesnt have this file.. :(

please can someone help me to do both the things?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this issue (see attached image) for a while and have been looking everywhere for a solution and found two different cases here but no solutions that work for me. I've installed this contribution on an older site and it worked great! Now I'm running 2.3.3 with only a few contribs installed (Option Types 2.3.1, reCaptcha and modular front page.)

What could I have done wrong? I originally used the drop on top files but when I found this problem I restored my back up and went through the installation instructions. I've compared the files to find the only differences is the mention of zappo's option types V2 and 2.3.1.

post-317829-0-67491500-1353362500_thumb.jpg

I would describe this problem (for those who may not see the image) as a text field or text area showing up as a dropdown menu only showing CUSTOMER-INPUT instead of the input field.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by RacerDecal

Quick question: My product options are running one right after the other under "Available Options:" on the product info page. How can I get each option to break onto it's own line?

Available Options:

Both Sides : (+$4.25) Text Line 1 (Max Chars. 15) :

I would like it to be like this:

Available Options:

Both Sides : (+$4.25)

Text Line 1 (Max Chars. 15) :

Thanks for the help!

I applied this addon on oscommerce 2.3.1. I have a problem using text attributes. When I enter values to a text attribute and add to the cart, I am able to add it but the cart does not display the text values against the product and they dont propagate to the checkout and order mails.

What am i missing? Can anyone help me?