• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order sequence missing numbers

OSC2.2Rca

I have received orders, say order numbers ...53,54,55,56,58 There is no #57. A little later on I get ...63, 64, 66. There is no #65.

I look in the database and browse the order_id, and see the sequence of numbers as above. There are no records for the missing numbers.

I cannot tell if anyone has processed an order, but not have it recorded. Is there a way I can check this?

I haven't had any customers pay via paypal, which seems to be one area people experience a similar problem.

Has anyone had this happen? can anyone explain it?

Many thanks,

Not specifically that I'm aware of. I've got a shipping contribution (Australia Post), Purchase without account, Simple templates (STS), and Free shipping.

I did an experiment last night. I placed an order and went through to Paypal Checkout, but cancelled before processing the payment. The next order that came through skipped a number.

I noticed that for some reason PayPal appear to have removed/changed the ability to checkout without being a member.

I suspect some of my customers would like to use their Master/Visa cards for purchase but get put off by the need to be Paypal members to use the facility.

Perhaps these same people then reorder using the cash or bank transfer options.

I need to investigate further.

Not specifically that I'm aware of. I've got a shipping contribution (Australia Post), Purchase without account, Simple templates (STS), and Free shipping.

I did an experiment last night. I placed an order and went through to Paypal Checkout, but cancelled before processing the payment. The next order that came through skipped a number.

I noticed that for some reason PayPal appear to have removed/changed the ability to checkout without being a member.

I suspect some of my customers would like to use their Master/Visa cards for purchase but get put off by the need to be Paypal members to use the facility.

Perhaps these same people then reorder using the cash or bank transfer options.

I need to investigate further.

Archived