• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

order status not updating & missing emails

Hi, I've been running my shop quite happily for some time now with everything working just fine, but then a few days ago I get an email confirming a payment recieved but no order process email from the shop.

When I log in to my admin screen and check my orders they normally show 3 lines of status ie;

1/order is placed by customer and customer is directed to paypal for payment - Preparing [PayPal Standard]-customer not notified

2/paypal returns customer to site and confirms payment recieved - Pending-customer not notified

3/shop sends order process email to me and confirms order to customer - Pending-customer notified

For some reason with this particular order step 3 did not happen and I (& I) presume the customer did not get a mail. Since then this has happened a second time but I have received correctly handled orders between these 2.

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix?

I have checked my admin screen settings and email etc but have found nothing wrong.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

use the PayPal IPN module.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Hi Alex,

Yes I already have IPN setup thanks.

As I said the shop has been working fine for quite a while and only two out of the last three orders have had this problem.

????

sorry I have mist the info about IPN, simply check if the hosting provider updated the php settings (global registers option)?

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

OK I see what you mean. No there haven't been any updates. I have recieved orders between the 2 problem ones that went through correctly and I can put a test order through that works OK.

I'm just worried that this could happen again and I wouldn't know that there was an order sitting waiting to be dealt with.

Any other thoughts?

sorry to bump this but I am still struggling with this problem and not getting anywhere.

I have checked all my email and paypal settings and can't find anything wrong.

What could cause a transaction to not complete fully on the osc side of things?

Really appreciate some help, love osc and this forum I just need a bit of help.

Thanks in advance

Jon

Archived