• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New problem on my site!

aj23

One website --> 1 /includes/ configure.php file AND 1 admin/includes/ configure.php file ONLY

You have 4 MORE configure files than the people in this forum for one website. Why do you have so many and why do you have 2 root directories?

I think the last 2 can be eliminated.

Post #19 can be applied to a configure.php file that's in

1. /home/aj23/www/includes/ --OR--

2. /home/aj23/public_html/includes/

IF it is #1, your FS CATALOG is this --> define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/aj23/www/');

otherwise it's this --> define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/aj23/public_html/');

Open your includes/configure.php file using your text eidtor and make changes to it. The one that works is the one.

myurl.com becomes whatever_your_domain.com

Actually, by manually going through, they all lead to just the two configure files, but from going through different directories (end up in the same one when you look on the file manager though,)

I have appied the post 19 code to the configure file in home/aj23/public_html/includes/ ( /home/aj23/www/includes/ goes to the exact same file, and is actually in the public HTML folder)

Still receiving the same problem though. It must be another problem, as the configure files have been changed with the problem still occuring. I can't believe this problem has escalated to this and still isn't fixed. I really can't have the site stay down any longer.

Actually, by manually going through, they all lead to just the two configure files, but from going through different directories (end up in the same one when you look on the file manager though,)

I have appied the post 19 code to the configure file in home/aj23/public_html/includes/ ( /home/aj23/www/includes/ goes to the exact same file, and is actually in the public HTML folder)

Still receiving the same problem though. It must be another problem, as the configure files have been changed with the problem still occuring. I can't believe this problem has escalated to this and still isn't fixed. I really can't have the site stay down any longer.

BUMP

Look in your /includes/functions/html_output.php

Specifically the tep_href function and the lines I have in RED:

CATALOG EXAMPLE:

////
// The HTML href link wrapper function
 function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {
   global $request_type, $session_started, $SID;

if (!tep_not_null($page)) {
     die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>');
   }

if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {
[color="#FF0000"]      $link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG;[/color]
   } elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {
     if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {
[color="#FF0000"]        $link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;[/color]
     } else {
[color="#FF0000"]        $link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG;[/color]
     }
   } else {
     die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL</b><br><br>');
   }

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) {
     $link .= $page . '?' . tep_output_string($parameters);
     $separator = '&';
   } else {
     $link .= $page;
     $separator = '?';
   }

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

// Add the session ID when moving from different HTTP and HTTPS servers, or when SID is defined
   if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {
     if (tep_not_null($SID)) {
       $_sid = $SID;
     } elseif ( ( ($request_type == 'NONSSL') && ($connection == 'SSL') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) ) || ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && ($connection == 'NONSSL') ) ) {
       if (HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN != HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN) {
         $_sid = tep_session_name() . '=' . tep_session_id();
       }
     }
   }

if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') && ($search_engine_safe == true) ) {
     while (strstr($link, '&&')) $link = str_replace('&&', '&', $link);

$link = str_replace('?', '/', $link);
     $link = str_replace('&', '/', $link);
     $link = str_replace('=', '/', $link);

$separator = '?';
   }

if (isset($_sid)) {
     $link .= $separator . tep_output_string($_sid);
   }

return $link;
 }

ADMIN EXAMPLE

////
// The HTML href link wrapper function
 function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL') {
   if ($page == '') {
     die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>Function used:<br><br>tep_href_link(\'' . $page . '\', \'' . $parameters . '\', \'' . $connection . '\')</b>');
   }
   if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {
[color="#FF0000"]      $link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_ADMIN;[/color]
   } elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {
     if (ENABLE_SSL == 'true') {
[color="#FF0000"]        $link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_ADMIN;[/color]
     } else {
[color="#FF0000"]        $link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_ADMIN;[/color]
     }
   } else {
     die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL<br><br>Function used:<br><br>tep_href_link(\'' . $page . '\', \'' . $parameters . '\', \'' . $connection . '\')</b>');
   }
   if ($parameters == '') {
     $link = $link . $page . '?' . SID;
   } else {
     $link = $link . $page . '?' . $parameters . '&' . SID;
   }

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

return $link;
 }

If you accidentally copied the admin one into the catalog, one of the symptoms would be what you are experiencing.

:huh:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived