• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Development] Products Specifications

kymation

If you only need the images on the product pages, one of the additional images addons (More Pics, etc.) would probably be easier for you to use.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank your for your prompt reply. As far as I know, those additional images addons require you to upload new images every time you add new product. What I want is that the admin. can select any combination of a set of predefined symbols for any product created.

Regards,

Mr. Tsang

That's true. If you just want to be able to select from a pre-defined set of images, then Products Specifications is the only way to go. Maybe you can find a use for some of the other features as well.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Ha you weren't kidding when you said the filter queries needed to be optimised. I'm averaging 100 a page on most categories.. but a staggering 835 queries (mostly due to filters) on some categories!

I'm thinking cache for the counts? Still not ideal though.. and combining of the queries to get the filter lists. I'll have to think about it.. it's way too slow right now ;)

Otherwise great contribution!

Scott

no outside links please

The total load also depends on the number of products you have in a category and the number of filters. I've been thinking about this, but I still haven't come up with anything better. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

The Filter file is always included. It includes the test to determine if there are any filters to display. I suppose you could remove the include_once() if you're not using any filters. Other than that, I haven't the slightest idea what you are asking.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this contribution last night. At first, my catalog did not display correctly, but then we found a stray </table> in the stylesheet (likely my own error).

When I logged into my admin side however, nothing shows up except the configuration box. Clicking the links inside the configuration box does nothing. The last item listed in the configuration box is products specifications, but again all links do notyhing.

I have all of my files backed up and I used "Beyond Compare 3" to see if I did not "copy" over this code properly. I did not notice anything right away other than two other contributions I have installed which are Easy Populate and More Category Boxes.

Doug

I installed this contribution last night. At first, my catalog did not display correctly, but then we found a stray </table> in the stylesheet (likely my own error).

When I logged into my admin side however, nothing shows up except the configuration box. Clicking the links inside the configuration box does nothing. The last item listed in the configuration box is products specifications, but again all links do notyhing.

I have all of my files backed up and I used "Beyond Compare 3" to see if I did not "copy" over this code properly. I did not notice anything right away other than two other contributions I have installed which are Easy Populate and More Category Boxes.

Doug

you must have made a typo in admin/includes/boxes/tools/catalog.php

at least that is my best guess from my similar experiences ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 2 weeks later...

for downloading contribution products specifications go this url :http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7014

For Forums Posts about this contribution go this url :http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=336920

I am using Oscommerce download from eshop-master.com namely osc STS Edition which is based on script of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

and I download "products specifications v1.0.1" Contribution from this url and I install this on Oscommerce v2.2RC1 download from oscommerce.com

and everything( filters and values and ..) worked well and i have not any problem

but when i install this very required contribution in osc STS Edition, problems was appeared

i apply correctly based on file User's Manual.pdf in this contribution.

if you will prepare installation manual in text format specially manual of replace and adding after or before codes originally in files of

osc STS Edition , then all users will better use this contribution (very intersting)

all Modify Files:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

catalog/admin/categories.php

catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

catalog/admin/includes/stylesheet.css

catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

catalog/index.php

catalog/product_info.php

catalog/stylesheet.css

catalog/includes/column_left.php

catalog/includes/database_tables.php

catalog/includes/filenames.php

catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php

catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

in files of language only task is adding define code , so this task is simple for most users. ie catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

these files modifing is very complicated

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

admin/categories.php

admin/includes/database_tables.php

includes/database_tables.php

admin/includes/filenames.php

includes/filenames.php

admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

admin/includes/functions/general.php

index.php

product_info.php

includes/column_left.php

includes/classes/boxes.php

includes/functions/html_output.php

includes/modules/product_listing.php

The manual tells you the easy way to install this Addon. If you want to do it the hard way, be my guest. You'll need to provide your own "instructions" though, because I'm not going to do that. Ever. Don't even ask.

STS makes some changes in the code that you'll need to adapt to. You're better off asking in the STS support thread for help with integrating the two. STS is very well supported, so you should get answers if you ask specific questions.

Regards

Jim

The manual tells you the easy way to install this Addon. If you want to do it the hard way, be my guest. You'll need to provide your own "instructions" though, because I'm not going to do that. Ever. Don't even ask.

STS makes some changes in the code that you'll need to adapt to. You're better off asking in the STS support thread for help with integrating the two. STS is very well supported, so you should get answers if you ask specific questions.

Regards

Jim

Well spoken. If you have STS and you can't figure it out how to install, go find STS help, don't expect the world to change and adapt to your custom solution.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Dear Jim,

Another small bug in /includes/modules/ask_a_question.php line 19

after second <DIV first <Span> didn't close instead another <span> opened so

<span class="smalltext">[<?php echo $product_info['products_model']; ?>]<span>

=======>>>>>>>>>>>>>> change to

<span class="smalltext">[<?php echo $product_info['products_model']; ?>]</span>

thanks

Hello!

I found a bag with 1054 PHP error.

I've fixed it. It was something like : "product_filter.php"

$listing_sql .= "p.products_id,

p.products_model,

p.manufacturers_id,

m.manufacturers_name,

p.products_price,

p.products_tax_class_id,

IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL)

as specials_new_products_price,

IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price)

as final_price

from

" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p

left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s

on p.products_id = s.products_id

left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m

on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id

join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd

on p.products_id = pd.products_id

join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c

on p.products_id = p2c.products_id

" . $sql_array['from'] . "

where

p.products_status = '1'

and pd.language_id = '" . (int) $languages_id . "'

" . $sql_array['where'] . "

";

It must be

$listing_sql .= "p.products_id,

p.products_model,

p.manufacturers_id,

m.manufacturers_name,

p.products_price,

p.products_tax_class_id,

IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL)

as specials_new_products_price,

IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price)

as final_price

from

((" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p)

left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s

on p.products_id = s.products_id)

left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m

on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id

join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd

on p.products_id = pd.products_id

join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c

on p.products_id = p2c.products_id

" . $sql_array['from'] . "

where

p.products_status = '1'

and pd.language_id = '" . (int) $languages_id . "'

" . $sql_array['where'] . "

";

Else i had an error. I can mistake in the name of file, but i remember something near it.

And i have a question, that i can not to resoluve.

I have oscommerce with many add-ons, i've installed your script by all rules(added text into files), but somewhere had a mistake.

Now i have:

http://hello.od.ua/index.php?cPath=21_33

All useble checkboxes are black and has null. But specifications are there! I've written it into the filed in admin-panel for each product.

Could you tell me, where i can to find an error? Are there can be different names of tables? Are there can be something like it?

Where is the function, which determinate had been the specifications written or not?

http://hello.od.ua/comparison.php?cPath=21_33

Here you can look,that specifications are.

I've descript with specifications 2 product for example.

Thanks!

Edited by alexanderod

1. I'm not seeing that error here. It may be due to your version of MySQL. Which version is your store running?

2. I've never seen that error before. It looks like the filter code is not finding the product specifications. Sorry, but you'll just have to trace it through the code.

Regards

Jim

Kymation, I would like to thank you again for all the hard work that went in to this project, it really has made a difference to sales this year once we integrated your contribution.

Do you have any more plans for features soon or are you having a well deserved rest?

Scott

no outside links please

I'm actually being very busy right now. I do have plans to release more fixes and improvements, but probably not until after the first of the year. I have already coded up more tabs in Product Info, and I plan on making some changes/fixes to filters as well.

Regards

Jim

1. I'm not seeing that error here. It may be due to your version of MySQL. Which version is your store running?

2. I've never seen that error before. It looks like the filter code is not finding the product specifications. Sorry, but you'll just have to trace it through the code.

Regards

Jim

1) http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4654

It was described here. MySQL 5.0.67.

2) Could you help me and say which lines in which file are responsible for finding the product specifications in the filter?