• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Development] Products Specifications

kymation

I agree that this should work for your Categories mod. I also have no idea why the left join. It should work the same because we always have a category entry for every product, but that also make the left join unnecessary. I'll change that.

Regards

Jim

Not sure about that, without a left join it didn't include all matching products in the count.

It appears code has to be changed in catalog/products_filter.php as well starting on line 141:

// Start Enable & Disable Categories V1.6.6 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/326)
 $listing_sql .= "p.products_id,
			   p.products_model,
			   p.manufacturers_id,
			   m.manufacturers_name,
			   p.products_price,
			   p.products_tax_class_id,
			   IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL)
				 as specials_new_products_price,
			   IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price)
				 as final_price
			 from
			   " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
			 left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s
			   on p.products_id = s.products_id
			 left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m
			   on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id
			 join products_description pd
			   on p.products_id = pd.products_id
			 join products_to_categories p2c
			   on p.products_id = p2c.products_id
			 left join (" . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c)
			   on (p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id)
			   " . $sql_array['from'] . "
			 where
			   p.products_status = '1'
			   and pd.language_id = '" . (int) $languages_id . "'
			   and c.categories_status = '1'
			   " . $sql_array['where'] . "
			";
 // End Enable & Disable Categories V1.6.6 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/326)

This is to avoid disabled products are listed in the results after all when same specificaions are in both enabled and disabled categories. Am I correct (not sure on brackets, gave no different testresults)? Is there more code to be changed?

Regards,

Jerome

Edited by JvdP

You will need to make the change everywhere that we use the products_to_categories table. That would be:

catalog/products_filter.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php (Unless you want the admin side to show)

catalog/includes/functions/general.php

If Eclipse is giving me the correct results, that is. Never trust software, it's treacherous.

I don't see why the left join is needed. It should only give different results if there are products that have no category, which I'm not even sure is possible. I'd like to know why this would happen. Maybe I need to do some experimenting.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You will need to make the change everywhere that we use the products_to_categories table. That would be:

catalog/products_filter.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php (Unless you want the admin side to show)

catalog/includes/functions/general.php

Thanks Jim for figuring this out,

Already did products_filter.php, general.php's are dealed with by the original contribution.

Tested join (" . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s) versus LEFT join (" . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s) one more time. I am very positive only LEFT join has the correct counter. Though, don't ask me why.

Regards,

Jerome

I'm working on the final version right now. I found a couple more bugs and I need to do some cleanup on some of the code. I expect to release it within a day or two, barring major disaster (or more bugs.)

Regards

Jim

Tested join (" . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s) versus LEFT join (" . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s) one more time. I am very positive only LEFT join has the correct counter. Though, don't ask me why.

Regards,

Jerome

My test of the joins showed no difference. There's probably some difference in the data, or possibly some other Contribution that you have installed. I don't know why either, but if it works for you, use it.

Regards

Jim

My test of the joins showed no difference. There's probably some difference in the data, or possibly some other Contribution that you have installed. I don't know why either, but if it works for you, use it.

Regards

Jim

I think there is a misunderstanding with Jerome.

The equijoin should only be enforced on the categories table as every product should belong to a category, but definitely not on specials, with specials it should always be a left join, as you want to include all products even the ones that are not on special.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Not sure about that, without a left join it didn't include all matching products in the count.

It appears code has to be changed in catalog/products_filter.php as well starting on line 141:

// Start Enable & Disable Categories V1.6.6 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/326)
 $listing_sql .= "p.products_id,
			   p.products_model,
			   p.manufacturers_id,
			   m.manufacturers_name,
			   p.products_price,
			   p.products_tax_class_id,
			   IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL)
				 as specials_new_products_price,
			   IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price)
				 as final_price
			 from
			   " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
			 left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s
			   on p.products_id = s.products_id
			 left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m
			   on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id
			 join products_description pd
			   on p.products_id = pd.products_id
			 join products_to_categories p2c
			   on p.products_id = p2c.products_id
remove the left here===>	 join (" . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c)
			   on (p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id)
			   " . $sql_array['from'] . "
			 where
			   p.products_status = '1'
			   and pd.language_id = '" . (int) $languages_id . "'
			   and c.categories_status = '1'
			   " . $sql_array['where'] . "
			";
 // End Enable & Disable Categories V1.6.6 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/326)

This is to avoid disabled products are listed in the results after all when same specificaions are in both enabled and disabled categories. Am I correct (not sure on brackets, gave no different testresults)? Is there more code to be changed?

Regards,

Jerome

See above, I think you should just remove "left" where I put the arrow

Edited by bruyndoncx

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

See above, I think you should just remove "left" where I put the arrow

That's what I tested and found no difference. Which is what I expected to find. If anyone gets different results, by all means do what works for your situation..

Regards

Jim

That's what I tested and found no difference. Which is what I expected to find. If anyone gets different results, by all means do what works for your situation..

Regards

Jim

True, but I think Jerome did not from the posts he made, I think he misunderstood what to replace.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I'm trying, testing out a little more

1) I found that for my setup of brands (multi-select checkboxes), I have a show_all option that is checked by default, if I then check a particular brand and filter again. The filter works and only shows the particular brand, but also the show_all options stays checkmarked.

2) the breadcrumb for the brand reads "Array" , the actual value behind the [x] is recorded correctly and functioning properly when I added another filter (by price) and removed the brand filter again, however, doing the same and removing the price filter gives no results.

PS. For convenience I've renamed the emtpy manufacturer to Other for now.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

1. Did you unselect the Show All option when you selected a specific brand? That will work because Show All results in an empty test, but the box will remain checked. I should be able to put in a check for this. It will make the Show All selection override all others. Is that what you would expect?

2. That's definitely a bug. I'll take a look at that.

Regards

Jim

It's now official: Version 1.0 is out. I'm going to keep this thread open for further development/bug reports/suggestions, as long as anybody wants to post here. The new thread will be for support only. Or so I fondly hope.

Thanks again to everyone who helped with this. Now go use it and make lots of money.

Regards

Jim

1. Did you unselect the Show All option when you selected a specific brand? That will work because Show All results in an empty test, but the box will remain checked. I should be able to put in a check for this. It will make the Show All selection override all others. Is that what you would expect?

2. That's definitely a bug. I'll take a look at that.

Regards

Jim

1. Please ignore, I'm unable to reproduce it now, not sure if I just wasn't really awake anymore, or if I did something different

2. Is this already in your stable release ?

In the features list, an add-on to easypopulate is suggested, is this what you are thinking of ?

It just occurred to me that with the comparison page, you have an easy way of showing all the available specs for a certain category, you might consider a bulk upload option based on a tabular format like that. It might make it less complex if you assume that all the allowed values must have been predefined, and only the actual product specifications are being bulk uploaded. Just a tought ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

1. No, it was a real bug. It only showed up under certain conditions. I tracked it down and fixed it.

2. Yes, fixed that one too.

An EP addon is planned but not yet started. A table like the Comparison table is what I had in mind. I need to do some other things first, so this will have to wait until I have the time.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for completing this release. I know it was much more work than you ever expected but you did a great job. I am very happy with the result which is even better than I hoped it would be. It was a pleasure to test your work.

Regards,

Jerome

Hi Jim,

in the provided sql file, besides the default charset setting that I think can be dropped, the autoincrement at the end of the table creation is also unnecessary increasing the starting values for the system generated ids.

back to testing now ...

Carine

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Jim,

I have a situation that I have a category with subcategories and products mixed at the same level.

In the count e.g. the brand filter, I see it being counted, but when selected to view only that brand, I have no product found.

On my test system it is under Pots&Pans / Specialties has both products and subcategories. The brand is Cosy&Trendy that has exactly one Theepot that should be listed.

I use this construction quite a lot on my site and have adapted my filter code for it. I'm not sure if others do it also like this, or have everything categorised in subcategories and no mix of both.

I understand if this would cause an issue, but I was kinda expecting the count to be consistent with the results returned, even if it would mean in this case 0 count, nothign returned ...

Carine

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Do you have Filter Subcategories set to True? That should work. I'll have to take another look at the filter code.

Regards

Jim

Yes, it is set to true. I've enabled pretty much everything

Products Specifications	  
Titel 	Value 	Actie 
Products Info Page 	Subhead 	Informatie 
Minimum Spec Products 	1 	Informatie 
Show Specification Name 	True 	Informatie 
Show Spec Box Title 	True 	Informatie 
Spec Box Frame Style 	Tabs 	Informatie 
Products Comparison Page 	Subhead 	Informatie 
Minimum Spec Comparison 	2 	Informatie 
Comparison Link in Index 	True 	Informatie 
Comparison Row in Table 	top 	Informatie 
Show Comparison 	True 	Informatie 
Comparison in Index 	False 	Informatie 
Comparison Suffix in Header 	True 	Informatie 
Comparison Box Style 	Simple 	Informatie 
Spec Combo Manufacturer 	1 	Informatie 
Spec Combo Weight 	0 	Informatie 
Spec Combo Price 	9 	Informatie 
Spec Combo Model 	2 	Informatie 
Spec Combo Image 	1 	Informatie 
Spec Combo Name 	1 	Informatie 
Spec Combo Buy Now 	9 	Informatie 
Products Filters 	Subhead 	Informatie 
Show Filters Module 	True 	Informatie 
Show Filters Box 	True 	Informatie 
Minimum Spec Filter 	1 	Informatie 
Filter Subcategories 	True 	Informatie 
Filter Show Count 	True 	Informatie 
Filter No Result 	none 	 
Filter Show Breadcrumb 	True 	Informatie 
Filter Image Width 	20 	Informatie 
Filter Image Height 	20 	Informatie

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Another small issue,

1) changed the setup for the brands filter to list of links, and it is misaligned, I think the inactive brands throw the formatting off.

2) the filter gives no result on a manufacturers name with an & eg villeroy & boch, salt & pepper, it returns one item without a manufacturer assigned - good to know, I need to fix that :)

Edited by bruyndoncx

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Another small issue, I changed the setup for the brands filter to list of links, and it is misaligned, I think the inactive brands throw the formatting off.

They definitely do. I'll fix that. Thanks for the bug report.

I've also been testing your previous bug, and I'm unable to duplicate it. I see the correct counts and the filter returns the products in the subdirectories. Can you give me any more information that might help? I'm unable to even think of anything that could cause this.

Edit: Thought of something.Subdirectories only refers to children of the current category. Deeper categories will not be included. Say you have a category widgets that contains a subcategory foo, and foo has a subcategory bar. A filter set while looking at widgets will return all products in widgets and all products in foo, but no products in bar. Is this what's happening?

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

They definitely do. I'll fix that. Thanks for the bug report.

I've also been testing your previous bug, and I'm unable to duplicate it. I see the correct counts and the filter returns the products in the subdirectories. Can you give me any more information that might help? I'm unable to even think of anything that could cause this.

Regards

Jim

Thanks, please note, I edited the previous post while you replied, there is a 2) added.

As for the previous bug, I just noticed, it is caused by 2) I reported just here. It is an & problem. Sorry to have wasted your time :blush:

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Edit: Thought of something.Subdirectories only refers to children of the current category. Deeper categories will not be included. Say you have a category widgets that contains a subcategory foo, and foo has a subcategory bar. A filter set while looking at widgets will return all products in widgets and all products in foo, but no products in bar. Is this what's happening?

That is also happening on my site. Will you consider including all subdirectories in the logic ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON