• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

I did and they verified it, but because its a shared server they will not change it. So i have to do it with php.ini , are you familiar?

No you are misunderstanding.

AllowOverride is an Apache setting. php.ini affects the PHP settings but nothing else.

Your hosts are effectively stating that RewriteRules cannot be used on their server.

No you are misunderstanding.

AllowOverride is an Apache setting. php.ini affects the PHP settings but nothing else.

Your hosts are effectively stating that RewriteRules cannot be used on their server.

They looked at the settings in the httpd.conf file to "allow override". They will not change that part because of it being on a shared server. I dont know about this, but they said I can change those settings with the php.ini file. I already have .htaccess with may codes in it for security purposes.

They looked at the settings in the httpd.conf file to "allow override". They will not change that part because of it being on a shared server. I dont know about this, but they said I can change those settings with the php.ini file. I already have .htaccess with may codes in it for security purposes.

It is simple.

No allow override =

Old seo urls - No chance of it working at all

USU5 - Rewrite urls won't work but standard will.

Ive got this addon working fine, except for the 'details' button below the product listing on the main page under "whats new here?".

The link goes to: catalog/product_info.php and leads to a "product not found" page.

Anyone know where i can edit the listing code for the "whats new here?" section of the index.php page?

thanks

My details buttons failed to work too after installing the seo, and I couldn't figure it out so I just removed the details. The image and product name takes it to the same place. probably not the right place for this,but for your second question look in the english.php.

Bo

Hi there,

I have installed the SEO URL Script (SEO URL 5). All works well, except when you click a pop up image, you don't see the image, rather a blank sts template (index.php) with the sts $variables showing (using sts templates on this site already).

Someone addresses the issue at the SEO URL download page, that with some sts templates this bug happens, so i mustn't be the only one. However, his suggestion to resolve the issue didn't get me anywhere. I have tried several reinstalls with no success. The php files i've edited with the new code are checked and double checked, however SQL queries are not my forte, so I never removed the table insertions, just reinstalled over them again and again.

I know this script works, what am i doing wrong? Any help will be most appreciated.

Best Regards,

Danny

Hi there,

I have installed the SEO URL Script (SEO URL 5). All works well, except when you click a pop up image, you don't see the image, rather a blank sts template (index.php) with the sts $variables showing (using sts templates on this site already).

Someone addresses the issue at the SEO URL download page, that with some sts templates this bug happens, so i mustn't be the only one. However, his suggestion to resolve the issue didn't get me anywhere. I have tried several reinstalls with no success. The php files i've edited with the new code are checked and double checked, however SQL queries are not my forte, so I never removed the table insertions, just reinstalled over them again and again.

I know this script works, what am i doing wrong? Any help will be most appreciated.

Best Regards,

Danny

There are STS based recommendations in the posts in this support topic .. personally I have never, and will never install STS on a site so can't really help with STS issues.

Hello,

I have a problem with osCid I had this problem in the past with version 2, but I solved this problem with a fix "sidkiller. I note that since I use that version 5 is no patch available ... how to find the solution?

Just a heads up that in the Google Sitemap Extra the following part is missing in the index.php file which means no changefreq is added when the sitemappages.xml file is created.

define('GOOGLE_SITEMAP_PAGES_CHANGE_FREQ', 'weekly');

Hello,

I have a problem with osCid I had this problem in the past with version 2, but I solved this problem with a fix "sidkiller. I note that since I use that version 5 is no patch available ... how to find the solution?

sidkiller is not a fix it is a hack and one that is totally unnecessary.

If you have a persistent osCsid in the querystring then it simply means that your configuration file is incorrect.

Hello Robert

In google webmaster i have an alert about /shop/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id= 404 not found in 68 pages, if i set that url in OSC clean there is a "Let's See What We Have Here" but in the online shop goes to 404.

I don´t know is USU related but in your htaccess there a line about it

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Any idea or help?

Regards

Hello Robert

In google webmaster i have an alert about /shop/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id= 404 not found in 68 pages, if i set that url in OSC clean there is a "Let's See What We Have Here" but in the online shop goes to 404.

I don´t know is USU related but in your htaccess there a line about it

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Any idea or help?

Regards

Well if those manufacturers do not exist then a 404 header is exactly right.

Hello Robert,

And how can we get the PRO version ?

Rgds,

Hans

The post is here I have a number of people willing to test but I have to package it as a full installation, at the moment it can only be dropped on top of a fresh RC2a.

The faulty url is /shop/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id= , no number assigned to it but is found by google in another 68 pages. And if i click in manufacturer info or other products it opens correctly...

I thought this url should´t exist. Could you provide me the line to add in htaccess to convert it to 301 as a solution?

Thanks

It is simple.

No allow override =

Old seo urls - No chance of it working at all

USU5 - Rewrite urls won't work but standard will.

Im not exactly sure what you mean by that. Standard option in admin DOES work. No problems with that. Rewrite DOES NOT!

Im not exactly sure what you mean by that. Standard option in admin DOES work. No problems with that. Rewrite DOES NOT!

Rewrite cannot work as your server disallows it, the only way for you to have rewritten uris is to move your site to a decent host.

ok thanks!

A server in this day and time that doesn't allow rewrite for seo. They need to close their doors. Pm me their name I want to take a look for myself I have never seen one.

Bo

The post is here I have a number of people willing to test but I have to package it as a full installation, at the moment it can only be dropped on top of a fresh RC2a.

Thanks Robert we can start with the test but where can we find the files that we to drop on top of a fresh RC2a ?

Is it "drop_on_top" of Version 1.0 [sTABLE] r141 [FULL PACKAGE] ?

Thx

Hans

Hi,

I`m trying to get USU 5 working on my new host. I really want to get it working in the rewrite mode.

Because i haven`t reset the hostname to the new server i cant test it properly, so maybe that is the problem. Currently i can only view pages in https mode, and i think USU 5 won't work this way. But i just wanted to be sure, so here i am asking you ;-)

Link to the test site: https://wwwl1001.evo.ams.nl.leaseweb.com:8443/sitepreview/http/horsewellness.nl/HWnew/

Standard mode won`t work either. But gives a custom USU error page, so you will know why i guess...

Thank in advance for your help!

Great Contribution. Worked right away without any installation problems.

Is there a way to get tep_href_link working within the admin folder for particular scripts like froogle or other datafeeders?

Regards,

Stephan

You would probably use ..

chdir( '../' );

Then include application_top at the top and application_bottom at the bottom from the front end.

Unfortunatly i have a problem yet with those kind of files

http://www.mspoints.de/star-trek-online-gamecard-und-cd-key-code-sofort.php

http://www.mspoints.de/battleforge-punkte.php

etc

With gzip turned on i get a content-encoding-error.

With gzip turned off i get the page but "Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /home/mspoints_de/www/includes/application_top.php on line 151".

Regards,

Stephan

Unfortunatly i have a problem yet with those kind of files

http://www.mspoints.de/star-trek-online-gamecard-und-cd-key-code-sofort.php

http://www.mspoints.de/battleforge-punkte.php

etc

With gzip turned on i get a content-encoding-error.

With gzip turned off i get the page but "Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /home/mspoints_de/www/includes/application_top.php on line 151".

Regards,

Stephan

Correct osCommerce filenames do not use - ( hyphens ).

The following are examples of correct names ..

myfilename.php

my_filename.php

my_file_name.php