• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mysite.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mysite.com');

But this is a support forum for USU5 for general support please use the general forums.

FWR,

Thank you. You are appreciated. I no longer see that funny OSC stuff.

My site urls are now working properly like this: mysite.com/bathroom-c-51.html

However, when I was building a site map and using a site map generator tool the site map was picking urls up like this: mysite.com/bathroom-c-51.html?osCsid=131ae7f2aec1d33c7198dc17da9c5bf1 .

Is this normal? Does this effect SEO?

Thanks,

My site urls are now working properly like this: mysite.com/bathroom-c-51.html

However, when I was building a site map and using a site map generator tool the site map was picking urls up like this: mysite.com/bathroom-c-51.html?osCsid=131ae7f2aec1d33c7198dc17da9c5bf1 .

Is this normal? Does this effect SEO?

Thanks,

Yes, it's very bad news.

It is duplicate content and more importantly anyone clicking on a link with that session id could potentialy log in as the same person.

Yes, it's very bad news.

It is duplicate content and more importantly anyone clicking on a link with that session id could potentialy log in as the same person.

So what is a person to do to fix it? What is generating this issue?

Hi there,

I have installed the SEO URL Script (SEO URL 5). All works well, except when you click a pop up image, you don't see the image, rather a blank sts template (index.php) with the sts $variables showing (using sts templates on this site already).

Someone addresses the issue at the SEO URL download page, that with some sts templates this bug happens, so i mustn't be the only one. However, his suggestion to resolve the issue didn't get me anywhere. I have tried several reinstalls with no success. The php files i've edited with the new code are checked and double checked, however SQL queries are not my forte, so I never removed the table insertions, just reinstalled over them again and again.

I know this script works, what am i doing wrong? Any help will be most appreciated.

Best Regards,

Danny

The only reason for a uri to have ?language=en appended would be a user clicking a language selection button and the standard method for doing this in osCommerce is via GET so it MUST append ?language=en.

The only way to be rid of it would be to change the language selection to POST, something I have done in the PRO version of USU5.

Hello Robert,

Thanks where can we find the pro version usu5 ?

Thx,

Hans

So what is a person to do to fix it? What is generating this issue?

Just remove the session id out of the urls manually before sumbiting the sitemap?

Just remove the session id out of the urls manually before sumbiting the sitemap?

But is there a more permanent fix?

Is this something that is through the SEO mod by turning on the .html urls or just something that

everyone using OSC experiences?

Edited by fan4chevy

But is there a more permanent fix?

Is this something that is through the SEO mod by turning on the .html urls or just something that

everyone using OSC experiences?

If you have a half decent generator, you should be able to limit the depth of link crawls ie 1st level links, 2nd level etc.

Perhaps this will make a difference. If not, I'm not sure, I didn't get this issue. Check also the chmod permissions settings of your catalog folder.

If you have a half decent generator, you should be able to limit the depth of link crawls ie 1st level links, 2nd level etc.

Perhaps this will make a difference. If not, I'm not sure, I didn't get this issue. Check also the chmod permissions settings of your catalog folder.

I'm wondering if everyone experiences this or if it is only on my side. I want to be sure my cart is working properly, and that it is not an issue I created by improperly installing the Seo Mod.

If my side and nobody else experiences this, please let me know what I should do. All the main cart seems fine and urls are appearing proper without the osCsid=

Thanks

I am not familiar with that contribution.

USU5 will try to find a product to create a link, if it cannot find a product then it serves a 404 page and exits the script. Any redirect would have to happen before USU5 is called.

would a redirect in the .htaccess file placed before the redirect rules for USU5 be considered placed before? I've been trying that for the last 24 hours with all the different searches I've done on the forum and found different redirect htaccess codes and it's just not working. So, can I at least know if that would be considered before or if there is something in USU5 that makes any redirect impossible? Because every code I've found so far on this forum for redirect has failed. Of course, it just might be that I'm too dumb.

I'll keep searching because I need this but there must be something I don't understand. I don't see the point of getting friendly urls if the customer will only end up on a not found page on a site like mine when that said product is no longer available. I do see from the searches I've done on the different search engines that since I've installed this contrib and the KissMT that my ranking has improved that my links seemed to be picked up and reported by the search engines a lot faster... but getting a customer to my site is one thing, what is hoped for is for them to buy something. A page not found will not get me that.

the redirect htaccess code have been trying last was posted by MrPhil and looked something like this and placed right under RewriteBase /shop/ in the .htaccess file:

RewriteCond  %{HTTP_HOST}  ^product_info.php?products_id=622  [NC]
RewriteRule  ^(.*)$  product_info.php?products_id=619  [R=301,L]

Thank you

there's nothing wrong with USU5 files .. sitemonitor probably doesn't understand modern php.

Thought so, thanks again

Excuse my ignorance, how does the cron job instruction on the Google XML Sitemap SEO work? What does it entail?

Felix

please assist me as im apparently stupid, when it comes to the coding on the htaccess file. im getting this error

The requested URL /product_info.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

this is the top part of my htaccess file

RewriteEngine on

# enable mod_rewrite 
Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Articles contribution
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Information pages
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Links contribution
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Newsdesk contribution
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I'm wondering if everyone experiences this or if it is only on my side. I want to be sure my cart is working properly, and that it is not an issue I created by improperly installing the Seo Mod.

If my side and nobody else experiences this, please let me know what I should do. All the main cart seems fine and urls are appearing proper without the osCsid=

Thanks

I am not sure if this helps anyone but I thought I would post it in case it does.

Removing osCid= when creating sitemap

Here is what I have found regarding the spider adding osCid=

1. Go to admin make sure you have admin/config/sessions/

recreate sessions set to true

prevent spider sessions set to true

2.Go to here to this contrib and update your spider.txt located in includes: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2455

3.When creating a sitemap through an online generator, they will not be listed in the spider.txt and will add the osCid= so for this I went into admin and temporarily set Force Cookie Use to true. Then once you have your sitemap return it back to false.

Best to do it at night or at a time when customers are least likely to hit your site if you don't want to force cookies on them.

The solution created this: wall-art-c-33.html instead of something like this:

wall-art-c-33.html?osCsid=131ae7f2aec1d33c7198dc17da9c5bf1

Hello Robert,

Thank you very much for releasing the code for this contribution - your instructions were very clear and it works just fine.

I have tried to find the answer to this by searching the posts so far, but at 89 pages and a 'broad' topic, I've had no success.

Can you tell me how we can get a title of a product that includes punctuation (an apostrophe in this case instead of the "39"):

/amy-winehouse-you39re-the-voice-p-9172.html?

to show as /amy-winehouse-you're-the-voice-p-9172.html?

would this be a case for a character conversion file ?

thanks for your time

simon

Hello Robert,

Thank you very much for releasing the code for this contribution - your instructions were very clear and it works just fine.

I have tried to find the answer to this by searching the posts so far, but at 89 pages and a 'broad' topic, I've had no success.

Can you tell me how we can get a title of a product that includes punctuation (an apostrophe in this case instead of the "39"):

/amy-winehouse-you39re-the-voice-p-9172.html?

to show as /amy-winehouse-you're-the-voice-p-9172.html?

would this be a case for a character conversion file ?

thanks for your time

simon

I would think that would be bad for SEO.

try uncommenting this :

#RewriteBase /catalog/

to become

RewriteBase /catalog/

... it'll make a world of difference :)

simon

please assist me as im apparently stupid, when it comes to the coding on the htaccess file. im getting this error

this is the top part of my htaccess file

RewriteEngine on

# enable mod_rewrite 
Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Articles contribution
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Information pages
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Links contribution
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Newsdesk contribution
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Er, ok ... leaving it with the '39' is better?

If I google "youre the voice" I can see the top result is wikipedia with a url : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_the_Voice

Hmm.

Simon

I certainly could be wrong. However, I would think that in the Title would be safer. Perhaps though they are on top not because of their url but their content and relevant links. I did see that most did do it like youre.

Anyone know how to make ultimate seo urls redirect to www instead of non-www?

The rest of my site is on www.

I tried messing with the htacces, but i couldnt make it work. Any tips?

thanks

This isn't a USU5 problem, but this should work in the htaccess file:

RewriteEngine on
# domainname.com redirect to www.domainname.com
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domainname.com
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.domainname.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Simon

I certainly could be wrong. However, I would think that in the Title would be safer. Perhaps though they are on top not because of their url but their content and relevant links. I did see that most did do it like youre.

Hi - no, I wasn't implying that it would affect page ranking ... more that it could be done, and just wondering if USU5 could produce the same result s'all.

Thanks for your time.

Simon

Er, ok ... leaving it with the '39' is better?

If I google "youre the voice" I can see the top result is wikipedia with a url : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_the_Voice

Hmm.

Simon

no, I think it would be better to not have the 39 show and unless I didn't understand this whole thing well, I was under the impression that punctation in links weren't good. Have you tried going to the SEO Urls configuration bit in admin and set "Remove all non-alphanumeric characters" to true and just have it show "youre"

Edited by mariemeh

This isn't a USU5 problem, but this should work in the htaccess file:

RewriteEngine on
# domainname.com redirect to www.domainname.com
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domainname.com
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.domainname.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Simon

please kick me if this is too dumb... but not too hard... I thought that maybe the code you just posted there (that I had seen on another thread but a bit different but I coudln';t make it work then) could work on direct links from one product to another. Could it work and if so, how shall I phrase it?

Edited by mariemeh