• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

I installed this mod yesterday. I have looked through this thread with search and can't find my particular problem. Any ideas? When turned off, everything works fine. When set to true/rewrite I get a 404 (not the custom one) When set to standard I get this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/filenames.php:63) in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Validator.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/filenames.php:63) in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Validator.php on line 228

configure.php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://ipaddress/~xxxx');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://ipaddress/~xxxx');

define('ENABLE_SSL', true);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'ipaddress/~xxxx');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'ipaddress/~xxxx');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/shop/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xxxx/public_html/shop/');

Not enough detail here for me to understand the problem. It seems that you are saying that the site stopped working when you installed a payment module which doesn't seem to relate to USU5.

Hi Robert

The web site is working like shoul be only when I checkout using the payment module on the end when I should have confirmation page I got the error I recive the order email allso sorry for my bad english and unclear explanation.

Thank you again

I installed this mod yesterday. I have looked through this thread with search and can't find my particular problem. Any ideas? When turned off, everything works fine. When set to true/rewrite I get a 404 (not the custom one) When set to standard I get this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/filenames.php:63) in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Validator.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/filenames.php:63) in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Validator.php on line 228

I have gone through this multiple multiple times now to verify all files are correct and still getting page not found when turned on.

URL is coming out without the .html at the end

http://ipaddress/~in...r-pressure-c-22

I am not familiar with that contribution.

USU5 will try to find a product to create a link, if it cannot find a product then it serves a 404 page and exits the script. Any redirect would have to happen before USU5 is called.

ok that makes a whole lot of sense... Any advice on what I should look for in code to make this happens first?

Thanks again for all you help... much appreciated.

ok that makes a whole lot of sense... Any advice on what I should look for in code to make this happens first?

Thanks again for all you help... much appreciated.

oh so you know that I'm not trying to have you do it all for me... ;)

I'm still no more knowledgeable with the coding... but I've tried comparing both codes to see where they access the same pages to try and figure out if I can make one work before the other.

I was thinking that the one working before the other should happen on the store side but everything that has to do with the product_redirect contribution is done on the admin side but for the modification made to the code of the product_info.php page. But your code doesn't access that page directly at least not that I could figure out on my own.

On the admin side however on the categories.php page, the USU5 code appears before the product_redirect code but for some reason, I don't think that is where it should be done but I probably don't know enough to know that for sure.

Every other place, USU5 appears after the product_redirect code, like in admin/includes/functions/general.php and in case it's the way it works... the other contribution code shows before USU5 code.

Am I on the right track or should I just found another contribution to do that for me and if so, any recommendations?

Thanks again for the help. :thumbsup:

Edited by mariemeh

awesome!!!! couldnt have been any easier! now, i was a lil bit worried about the two install files. I couldnt find them after running the db install, apparently the installer deltes them? i used ftp and cpanel to look and they were both gone, tried to go back to the install php page, and it was file not found. so awesome, at least i hope thats the way it works. lol

I just have one question. I only have one product added at this time, getting the bugs worked out first.

the url im getting is

I thought it would be shorter than that? Yes, I went through all the admin settings, and just using the standard options. Thanks a million!!

I've finally figured out while searching that this was happening with all the Seo Urls mods that I could find and according to some note I found on another contribution for product not found or product redirect... it said this:

STEP#4

For thos of you who are using the cName pName mod, the seo_cache needs a little adjustment because

if a product is disabled, it is removed from the cache file and as such, trying to determine the category fails.

in file .../catalog/includes/seo_cache.php

FIND CODE:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name from products p left join

products_description pd on p.products_id=pd.products_id and pd.language_id='".(int)$languages_id."' where p.products_status='1'");

REPLACE WITH

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name from products p left join

products_description pd on p.products_id=pd.products_id and pd.language_id='".(int)$languages_id".""');

I'm guessing you already know that I didn't find any code similar to this in your wonderful code, right? :D

I will stop my hyperactivity now and wait to see if something rings a bell for you in all this.

Edited by mariemeh

awesome!!!! couldnt have been any easier! now, i was a lil bit worried about the two install files. I couldnt find them after running the db install, apparently the installer deltes them? i used ftp and cpanel to look and they were both gone, tried to go back to the install php page, and it was file not found. so awesome, at least i hope thats the way it works. lol

I just have one question. I only have one product added at this time, getting the bugs worked out first.

the url im getting is

I thought it would be shorter than that? Yes, I went through all the admin settings, and just using the standard options. Thanks a million!!

Standard uris are like ..

[http://mysite.com]/letsroll/catalog/product_info.php/half-peck-basket-p-19

Rewrite uris are like ..

[http://mysite.com]/letsroll/catalog/half-peck-basket-p-19.html

Obviously if your shop was in the root directory it could be as short as ..

[http://mysite.com]/half-peck-basket-p-19.html

I've finally figured out while searching that this was happening with all the Seo Urls mods that I could find and according to some note I found on another contribution for product not found or product redirect... it said this:

I'm guessing you already know that I didn't find any code similar to this in your wonderful code, right? :D

I will stop my hyperactivity now and wait to see if something rings a bell for you in all this.

USU5 does not check for products status. For a redirect to work before the USU5 404 kicks in it would have to be applied in catalog/includes/application_top.php before the usu class is initiated ..

// ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 by FWR Media
 if ( !isset($seo_urls) || !is_object($seo_urls) ){
   include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'ultimate_seo_urls5' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'classes' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'usu.php';
   $seo_urls = new usu($languages_id, $request_type, $session_started, $SID);
 }
 $seo_urls->initiate($SID, $languages_id, $language);

I have gone through this multiple multiple times now to verify all files are correct and still getting page not found when turned on.

URL is coming out without the .html at the end

http://ipaddress/~in...r-pressure-c-22

The 404 is because either you have not added the extras/htaccess.txt code to your shop root .htaccess or the server does not support RewriteRules.

The "headers already sent" means that USU5 is attempting a 301 redirect but headers have already been sent by the file includes/filenames.php, perhaps some unwanted whitespace before the <?php at the top.

Thanks Robert

Felix

Hi again Robert

My product_listing has the following code:

$lc_text['button_in_cart'] = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','sort','products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'style="padding-bottom: 5px;"') . '</a>';

As opposed to:

Find ...

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">'

As found in your great Ultimate Seo Urls5

I wish to confirm whether I should replace this with the following Ultimate Seo Urls5 code:

. tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

Replace with ...

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing

['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

Thanking you in advance

Felix

Hi again Robert

My product_listing has the following code:

$lc_text['button_in_cart'] = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','sort','products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'style="padding-bottom: 5px;"') . '</a>';

As opposed to:

Find ...

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">'

As found in your great Ultimate Seo Urls5

I wish to confirm whether I should replace this with the following Ultimate Seo Urls5 code:

. tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

Replace with ...

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing

['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

Thanking you in advance

Felix

Your current code looks ok.

Standard uris are like ..

[http://mysite.com]/letsroll/catalog/product_info.php/half-peck-basket-p-19

Rewrite uris are like ..

[http://mysite.com]/letsroll/catalog/half-peck-basket-p-19.html

Obviously if your shop was in the root directory it could be as short as ..

[http://mysite.com]/half-peck-basket-p-19.html

so what went wrong with my install, because the one and only product i have, the url is

http://burgersmarketpc.com/letsroll/catalog/product_info.php/half-peck-basket-p-19

so what went wrong with my install, because the one and only product i have, the url is

http://burgersmarketpc.com/letsroll/catalog/product_info.php/half-peck-basket-p-19

That is a correct standard uri, nothing is wrong.

I still cant figure out why my website looks like this..... http://bestprice4uperiod.com/index.php/sports-outdoors-c-135

After installing SEO Urls 5

Any help please

Looks like a Godaddy server or similar that can't handle path based uris.

USU5 does not check for products status. For a redirect to work before the USU5 404 kicks in it would have to be applied in catalog/includes/application_top.php before the usu class is initiated ..

// ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 by FWR Media
 if ( !isset($seo_urls) || !is_object($seo_urls) ){
   include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'ultimate_seo_urls5' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'classes' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'usu.php';
   $seo_urls = new usu($languages_id, $request_type, $session_started, $SID);
 }
 $seo_urls->initiate($SID, $languages_id, $language);

good news and bad news... good because that's what I had thought you meant when you first mentioned this and what I had tried... so maybe I'm finally finding my way more around this.

bad news is that none of the contributions I found for redirecting use application_top.php. Everything seems to be done on the product_info.php page.

I've tried adding a required code but that obviously didn't work at all and I don't have the knowledge to write a code that would say... look if there is a product_redirect before you do USU5.

So keeping in mind that USU5 is to have search engine friendly links and friendly links translate to better ranking and more traffic... am I wrong to still think that getting a 404 not found is not good for ranking and if so, what would you suggest?

come to think of it, what do you do when you delete a product but don't want to lose a sale and want the customer to see the new product?

Sorry to be so persistent with this one. But it's something that's really important for my store as I often have 2 similar products at once when a newer version is available but when the stock on the old ones are no more, I redirect them to the new one which allows me to keep the sale and no not found messages is sent back to search engines.

Also forgot to mention along the way that I just realised that the product_redirect was working on the older version of USU 2.? but I've found with all the testing I've been doing in the last 48 hours that it worked because I populated the redirect list after installing USU older version. So I did removed the redirect adn reinstalled adn repopulated the list and it does work now in the sense that I get the good old "This page has been moved to a new location..." message and I do see my redirect message right under but the link that it redirects to is the product_info.php. So it does view the page as it should instead of sending me directly to the not_found.php page as it did before but the redirect link I programmed still not there.

I will keep searching for a solution and keep posting my finds and failures just in case it could help someone else and maybe have a light go on. If a light does go on, please help me!!!

Edited by mariemeh

The 404 is because either you have not added the extras/htaccess.txt code to your shop root .htaccess or the server does not support RewriteRules.

The "headers already sent" means that USU5 is attempting a 301 redirect but headers have already been sent by the file includes/filenames.php, perhaps some unwanted whitespace before the <?php at the top.

Thanks so much for your reply :) I have added the htaccess information to a tee and the server supports it because I have 2.1 installed on 6 other oscommerce shops. When I switch to standard...I get....Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. I am developing on a temp domain for the time being as there is a site currently running on the intended domain so I am required to ftp and configure to an ip address. Could this be an issue? I wouldn't think so as I have done this before.

I have restored my site back to where it was before I started installing SEO URL but the Seo Url link is still in the Adim page.

How do i get rid of this thing??

Thanks

Bruce

Think it twice , it is a da(m) good contribution.

What you see in the admin panel is stored in your database, so you have to edit to erase those items. BACK UP first!