• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

crester

As far i know USU5 can be set up to rewrite mode only in linux servers, and if you use standard uri the header tags by Jack will get stuck and out of order.

Nice dilema.

No USU5 can be used in rewrite mode on linux or Windows servers.

Header tags cannot handle path based uris because of the limitations of the way it has been coded, then again you could always use KissMT instead.

Question:

What is the proper way to link to a product page once SEO Urls is installed:

1) Direct linking to the already redirected url, like: <a href="<?=tep_href_link('original-masala-chai-p-186.html')?>"?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_BLACK_ORIGINAL ?></a></td>

2) Or to the original oscommerce style, which I don't seem to be able to write it properly

What is the best choice and can you give me an example?

Thanks!

Ricardo

The way you write code using the osCommerce link wrapper is no different with or without USU5.

Your code is however incorrect, you also shouldn't use short tags ( <?= ) as they are deprecated.

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=186' ); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_BLACK_ORIGINAL; ?></a>

I installed this excellent contribution on a CRE 6.4B2B and its working great, i skipped the modification of the "catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php" because the code in cre is a bit different, is there going to be a problem? Also how can i add new rules, for example in version 6.4 they took out the information.php and newsdesk_info.php and have a new system, pages.php, the links are pages.php?pID=1 or pages.php?CDpath=1

.htaccess can i use the one from the old version 2.1? I could not find one with the package. And last how do the custom 404 pages work, if i type in something wrong i just get the normal page cannot be displayed

Thank you again...

We also have CRE 6.4 (the Pro). I would also like answer to the above, to add rules or modify redirects to remove the CDpath= from the URLs due to CRE Loaded new CDS Page Manager /Content system. ANy help appreciated.

I installed this excellent contribution on a CRE 6.4B2B and its working great, i skipped the modification of the "catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php" because the code in cre is a bit different, is there going to be a problem? Also how can i add new rules, for example in version 6.4 they took out the information.php and newsdesk_info.php and have a new system, pages.php, the links are pages.php?pID=1 or pages.php?CDpath=1

.htaccess can i use the one from the old version 2.1? I could not find one with the package. And last how do the custom 404 pages work, if i type in something wrong i just get the normal page cannot be displayed

Thank you again...

We also have CRE 6.4 (the Pro). I would also like answer to the above, to add rules or modify redirects to remove the CDpath= from the URLs due to CRE Loaded new CDS Page Manager /Content system. ANy help appreciated.

Thank you again...

The above is from the instructions. My struggle was understanding where the "file htaccess.txt" was. Was this a file that was supposed to come with the original install of oscommerce? Was this a file that was supposed to come with the contribution? If so, I couldn't find this file in either of those places so I didn't know where to get this htaccess.txt. So I googled how to get one and some websites recommend uploading a file named htaccess.txt because it gets uploaded a certain way and then renaming it when it's on your server.

Where am I missing the mark here? Thanks again for your help! I truly appreciate it!

I'm dying to use this contribution to it's fullest extent as I think it's one of the top five that need to be installed in any vanilla osc site. If anyone could help with this .htaccess issue it would be appreciated. I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to this and have re-read the instructions a hundred times. Thanks in advance!

I'm dying to use this contribution to it's fullest extent as I think it's one of the top five that need to be installed in any vanilla osc site. If anyone could help with this .htaccess issue it would be appreciated. I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to this and have re-read the instructions a hundred times. Thanks in advance!

1) In your shop root directory there must be a file named .htaccess

2) In the USU5 download there is an extras folder, in this folder is a file named htaccess.txt you must put the code from htaccess.txt into your sites .htaccess then ensure that RewriteBase is correct as in the instructions.

The way you write code using the osCommerce link wrapper is no different with or without USU5.

Your code is however incorrect, you also shouldn't use short tags ( <?= ) as they are deprecated.

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=186' ); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_BLACK_ORIGINAL; ?></a>

Thank you Robert!

Would I have to add SSL to the link if these links are going to be shown during the checkout process? if so, would it be like this:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=186', 'SSL' ); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_BLACK_ORIGINAL; ?></a>

Thanks again

Ricardo

Thank you Robert!

Would I have to add SSL to the link if these links are going to be shown during the checkout process? if so, would it be like this:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=186', 'SSL' ); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_BLACK_ORIGINAL; ?></a>

Thanks again

Ricardo

Thank you Robert!

Thanks again

Ricardo

Thank you Robert!

Thanks again

Ricardo

Try and post once eh :'(

You should get used to the standard osCommerce wrapper functions .. most can be found in includes/functions/html_output.php and includes/functions/general.php

the tep_href_link() wrapper is built as follows: -

tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true)

so yes ..

tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=186', 'SSL' )

is perfect.

I am installing the Ultimate seo urls5 r141, my application_top already has this code:

Reliably set PHP_SELF as a filename .. platform safe

*/

function setPhpSelf() { $base = ( array( 'SCRIPT_NAME', 'PHP_SELF' ) );

foreach ( $base as $index => $key ) {

if ( array_key_exists( $key, $_SERVER ) && !empty( $_SERVER[$key] ) ) {

if ( false !== strpos( $_SERVER[$key], '.php' ) ) {

preg_match( '@[a-z0-9_]+\.php@i', $_SERVER[$key], $matches ); if ( is_array( $matches ) && ( array_key_exists( 0, $matches ) ) && ( substr( $matches[0], -4, 4 ) == '.php' ) && ( is_readable( $matches[0] ) ) ) {

return $matches[0];

}

}

}

}

return 'index.php';

} // end method

$PHP_SELF = setPhpSelf();

if ($request_type == 'NONSSL') {

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

} else {

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG);

}

Do I still replace this with the one suggested in the Ultimate urls5 141?

Apologies if I had missed an answer to this elsewhere, couldn't find it

Thanks in advance

Felix

Hi Robert

I got little problem I install European Bank Transfer 1.9.3_1 contribution and got error when I check out

i got error is in line where is installed Ultimate Seo - by FWR Media before the installation European Bank Transfer 1.9.3_1 your Ultimate Seo - by FWR Media was working perfectly and when I install just the European Bank Transfer 1.9.3_1 and not Ultimate Seo - by FWR Media is working nice to. So do I have to change something in this lines from Ultimate Seo - by FWR Media?

the error is

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/web-address.com/web-address.com/testing/includes/languages/czech/modules/payment/eubanktransfer.php:1) in /home/web-address.com/web-address.com/testing/includes/functions/general.php on line 36

thank you for any help

Hi Robert,

I just realized today that USU5 is preventing another contribution I have from working. I had "Product Not Found - Link Option" installed to redirect the link of a deleted product to a new product so that the customer would never get a page not found or product not found.

Now if someone tries to get to one of those old products becasue they stumbled on an old add... they get your page not found that came with USU5.

I thought that maybe it was a cache thing and since those products didn't exist at the installation of USU5 and that USU5 was handling my link now that it prevented my product redirect to fail but I've just experienced the same thing with a product I removed today and try to input a redirect to another product and it won't work at all.

I've been trying to figure out what is the conflict but realized that maybe you could give me some input in the event that USU5 would prevent redirects and why or if you had a suggestion about my USU5 settings in regards to that.

Thanks in advance.

oops just in case seeing the other contrib would help: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3330

Edited by mariemeh

Hi Robert,

I just realized today that USU5 is preventing another contribution I have from working. I had "Product Not Found - Link Option" installed to redirect the link of a deleted product to a new product so that the customer would never get a page not found or product not found.

Now if someone tries to get to one of those old products becasue they stumbled on an old add... they get your page not found that came with USU5.

I thought that maybe it was a cache thing and since those products didn't exist at the installation of USU5 and that USU5 was handling my link now that it prevented my product redirect to fail but I've just experienced the same thing with a product I removed today and try to input a redirect to another product and it won't work at all.

I've been trying to figure out what is the conflict but realized that maybe you could give me some input in the event that USU5 would prevent redirects and why or if you had a suggestion about my USU5 settings in regards to that.

Thanks in advance.

oops just in case seeing the other contrib would help: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3330

To add a bit more info... if I turn off USU5, the other contrib although is working again, doesn't redirect to the programmed page, it redirects to product_info.php page only. I thought maybe it was the modification made to the redirect in the catalog/includes/function/general.php page so I tried to change it back and see what happened... no change. I thought maybe it was the link wrapper code for the html_output page... nope not that either.

So I'm back looking into the "cache" possibility.

I am installing the Ultimate seo urls5 r141, my application_top already has this code:

Reliably set PHP_SELF as a filename .. platform safe

*/

function setPhpSelf() { $base = ( array( 'SCRIPT_NAME', 'PHP_SELF' ) );

foreach ( $base as $index => $key ) {

if ( array_key_exists( $key, $_SERVER ) && !empty( $_SERVER[$key] ) ) {

if ( false !== strpos( $_SERVER[$key], '.php' ) ) {

preg_match( '@[a-z0-9_]+\.php@i', $_SERVER[$key], $matches ); if ( is_array( $matches ) && ( array_key_exists( 0, $matches ) ) && ( substr( $matches[0], -4, 4 ) == '.php' ) && ( is_readable( $matches[0] ) ) ) {

return $matches[0];

}

}

}

}

return 'index.php';

} // end method

$PHP_SELF = setPhpSelf();

if ($request_type == 'NONSSL') {

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

} else {

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG);

}

Do I still replace this with the one suggested in the Ultimate urls5 141?

Apologies if I had missed an answer to this elsewhere, couldn't find it

Thanks in advance

Felix

you can replace the code that was there as it is already included in USU5

Hi Robert

I got little problem I install European Bank Transfer 1.9.3_1 contribution and got error when I check out

i got error is in line where is installed Ultimate Seo - by FWR Media before the installation European Bank Transfer 1.9.3_1 your Ultimate Seo - by FWR Media was working perfectly and when I install just the European Bank Transfer 1.9.3_1 and not Ultimate Seo - by FWR Media is working nice to. So do I have to change something in this lines from Ultimate Seo - by FWR Media?

the error is

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/web-address.com/web-address.com/testing/includes/languages/czech/modules/payment/eubanktransfer.php:1) in /home/web-address.com/web-address.com/testing/includes/functions/general.php on line 36

thank you for any help

Not enough detail here for me to understand the problem. It seems that you are saying that the site stopped working when you installed a payment module which doesn't seem to relate to USU5.

Hi Robert,

Thanks in advance.

I am not familiar with that contribution.

USU5 will try to find a product to create a link, if it cannot find a product then it serves a 404 page and exits the script. Any redirect would have to happen before USU5 is called.

How can I create a new rewrite for pages.php, the links are pages.php?pID=1 or pages.php?CDpath=1 and how do the custom 404 pages work, if I type in something wrong I just get the normal page cannot be displayed and not the custom 404 error page

There is a module template in the extras folder of the download, pID won't work as that is used by the pop up image module Usu_PopUpImage.php.

Still getting a 404 error, I have gone through this 5x times now to verify all files are correct and still getting page not found when turned on.

URL is coming out without the .html at the end

http://ipaddress/~info/shop/index.php/water-pressure-c-22

Are you hosted by any chance with Godaddy?

What happens when you access your site as http://ipaddress/~info/shop/index.php/test

Hi Robert

I'm using your contribution already on a shop since 5 weeks. all is well, no problem. now im trying to install it on a second shop. i just have the problem, i'm getting the warning in product_info.php :

Warning: Usu_Categories Incorrect cPath presented:62

I dont realy understand why, cause "62" is numeric.

the error comes from usu_categories.php:

if ( false === is_numeric( $base_path ) ) {

trigger_error( __CLASS__ . ' Incorrect ' . self::DEPENDENCY . ' presented: ' . $base_path, E_USER_WARNING );

return false;

}

Can you help me?

Stefan