• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

What Header Tags addons should i use that is the most compatible with this addon?

Kiss?HTC?

What Sitemap is the most compatible with this one?

I'm using information pages unlimited? That links from that addon aren't SEO. Is there a alternative which this addon makes SEO links from a other addon or a modificicatiopn so it works with information pages unlimited?

ok, I solved this one.

For some reason, when I press the Install Database Settings button, it doesn't go to stage 2 so it never enters

elseif( $installer->stage == '2' )

in installer.php.

I had to change the elseif statement and now it works and the database is updated.

Anyway, I didn't figure out why manageStage doesn't increment $this->stage to 2.

There's nothing to solve and no code changes necessary. As the instructions say .. you have to close all browsers to lose the session.

What Header Tags addons should i use that is the most compatible with this addon?

Kiss?HTC?

What Sitemap is the most compatible with this one?

I'm using information pages unlimited? That links from that addon aren't SEO. Is there a alternative which this addon makes SEO links from a other addon or a modificicatiopn so it works with information pages unlimited?

Information pages is included as standard .. the meta tags addon you choose is entirely up to you but KissMT is my recommendation.

Then I'm choosing for KissMT. What Sitemap addon?

What Sitemap addon?

I mean IPU 2.0.7?

I don't understand the question sitemap addons should all work as long as they use the correct tep_href_link() function.

any chance of an answer on my question??

I don't see a question.

PD. Sorry I forgot to mention that when SU5 is on the link just above the footer "Currently viewing": .. just displays the shop name but not the product itself.

Is this related with the tep_href_link() thing coming from Jack´s contributions? Any way to fix it?

Pity can´t try now your Kiss version...

Regards

hi, anyone got clear install instructions in english, cuz i downloaded "Ultimate_SEO_urls_r141_stable_FR" package and cant get it working, i got fresh install of oscommerce, just trying to learn how to get it working, with new install of osc.

Any instructions please in english.

my question was about the 500 error, you said the server was configured wrong, i said its a dedicated server, what is it I need to change to get it working, ive done a clean install again now

thanks

I have the same problem - lightbox doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas?

ok, I found the problem.

Since I saw this questions couple of times in this forum, it might interest couple of people.

The reason that lightbox doesn't work anymore is since Ultimate SEO URLS 5 adds another level in the path.

So the product that is located in mydomain.com/product_info.php?blabla is now located at mydomain.com/product_info.php/new_blabla.

Now, since in product_info.php, lightbox adds the following:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/lightbox.js"></script>

it doesn't work anymore since now the js directory that was in /js is now in ../js

So the solution is very simple and now after updating all the relative paths that lightbox added to product_info.php, lightbox works again.

I think that you should add a note about using relative paths with this package because they might be other contributions that use relative paths and they might stop working since the relative location changed (maybe there is already such note in your documentation and I missed it).

Francys, on 22 February 2010 - 11:56 PM, said:

Hi i have noticed this in SiteMonitor contrib(http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4441), when i run the option check for hacked files:

Checked 103 directories containing a total of 713 files. Skipped 531 files. 3 suspected hacked files found.

Ficheiros Hacked Encontrados

includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_Database.php

includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_Memcached.php

Ultimate SEO URLs 5 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768) is supposed to be trusted since it's a well broadcasted contribution, i haven't made any modifications to the original files except those needed for each contribution... can anyone explain what is wrong with those files:

Is there any hack script in these or its a false positive detection by sitemonitor and why is it showing

Thanks in advance

I am having a problem with the image link part.

Before upgrade I used to get: http://www.excelitservices.co.uk/shop/silverstone-lc13se-silver-desktop-case-without-psu-pi-5291.html

After upgrade: http://www.excelitservices.co.uk/shop/-pi-5291.html

the produt_info.php code is:

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank" rel="lightbox" title="'.$product_info['products_name'].'" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank" rel="lightbox" title="'.$product_info['products_name'].'" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '
<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; }?>
</noscript>

I original upgraded from v2 but I am unable to find what would be causing this issue. Apart from the image popup all works fine.

I am having a problem with the image link part.

Before upgrade I used to get: http://www.excelitservices.co.uk/shop/silverstone-lc13se-silver-desktop-case-without-psu-pi-5291.html

After upgrade: http://www.excelitservices.co.uk/shop/-pi-5291.html

the produt_info.php code is:

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank" rel="lightbox" title="'.$product_info['products_name'].'" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank" rel="lightbox" title="'.$product_info['products_name'].'" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '
</noscript>

I original upgraded from v2 but I am unable to find what would be causing this issue. Apart from the image popup all works fine.

I am surprised you are getting anything with that code, to create an seo link the first tep_href_link should be ..

tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id'])

Your code doesn't even reference FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE so it can't work.

Francys, on 22 February 2010 - 11:56 PM, said:

Hi i have noticed this in SiteMonitor contrib(http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4441), when i run the option check for hacked files:

Checked 103 directories containing a total of 713 files. Skipped 531 files. 3 suspected hacked files found.

Ficheiros Hacked Encontrados

Ultimate SEO URLs 5 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768) is supposed to be trusted since it's a well broadcasted contribution, i haven't made any modifications to the original files except those needed for each contribution... can anyone explain what is wrong with those files:

Is there any hack script in these or its a false positive detection by sitemonitor and why is it showing

Thanks in advance

There's obviously an issue with the SiteMonitor code, I've never looked at it.

The files as downloaded are just fine.

I'm wondering if anyone can shed light on the issues I'm having with SEO URLS 5_r141 and the Google Sitemap SEO contribution.

I noticed the extras folders has two replacement files for the contribution to fix the incompatibility due to hard coding of the tep_href_link() function. However when I use these replacement files rather than running the script it shows the normal website. IE it's treating it as a seo url and redirecting it?? If I use the standard version of the index.php and sitemap.class.php they work, but obviously the URL's are not the SEO URL 5 ones.

Looking at the two versions of the changed side by side it's clear that they are very different. It appears as though it's generating the correct xml files, but I would prefer it to produce the correct output for filtering the cron jobs.

Any suggestions or avenues I can go down would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by gordeh

I am surprised you are getting anything with that code, to create an seo link the first tep_href_link should be ..

tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id'])

Your code doesn't even reference FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE so it can't work.

I tried but it didn't work.

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '" target="_blank" rel="lightbox" title="'.$product_info['products_name'].'" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '" target="_blank" rel="lightbox" title="'.$product_info['products_name'].'" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCTINFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '
</noscript>

I am running the lightbox mod along with multi images.

I installed this excellent contribution on a CRE 6.4B2B and its working great, i skipped the modification of the "catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php" because the code in cre is a bit different, is there going to be a problem? Also how can i add new rules, for example in version 6.4 they took out the information.php and newsdesk_info.php and have a new system, pages.php, the links are pages.php?pID=1 or pages.php?CDpath=1

.htaccess can i use the one from the old version 2.1? I could not find one with the package. And last how do the custom 404 pages work, if i type in something wrong i just get the normal page cannot be displayed

Thank you again...

Does anyone have this working on a Windows based server? If so, can you post a link to your shop. I would like to see this work before I implement.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

I am using Ultimate SEO Urls 5 with Google XML SEO Sitemaps and I made the overwrite recommended in this thread from the extras folder. All site maps are generating but I am getting the URLs that are not the "SEO friendly" ones and when clicking on the links it leads to 404s because of this. Ideas? Thanks for your time, in advance.

Does anyone have this working on a Windows based server? If so, can you post a link to your shop. I would like to see this work before I implement.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

You may look at my posts from early January (page 58 of this forum). I have Windows Server 2008 with IIS7. It was quite tricky to make it working but it finaly did. Here is what you need to do:

Install URL Rewrite Module for IIS7 (free) here : http://www.iis.net/expand/URLRewrite (don't forget to reopen IIS Manger in order to see the Module newly installed).

Import Apache mod_rewrite Rules from extras/htaccess.txt as described here : http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/470/import-apache-modrewrite-rules/ (don't forget to restart the server).

Chose Rewrite for Chose URL Rewrite Type in admin SEO URLs 5.

Under this config, it should work. Mine is working. I use FastCGI. Didn't tested with ISAPI, but the module is designed for IIS7, so should be ISAPI compatible.

Andybird

Is anyone aware of any incompatibility with SEO TAGS 3.1.8 ?

I am having terrible issues and if USU5 is on all the tag job is useless, only showing the Default Tags in the main language, which is ridiculous.

FWR please for the third time now ,is this compatible?, at first glance was only the "currently viewing" thing.

Is anyone aware of any incompatibility with SEO TAGS 3.1.8 ?

I am having terrible issues and if USU5 is on all the tag job is useless, only showing the Default Tags in the main language, which is ridiculous.

FWR please for the third time now ,is this compatible?, at first glance was only the "currently viewing" thing.

USU5 should be compatible with anything if it is correctly written and using tep_href_link()

Header tags however has an issue where it cannot handle path based uris if you are using the standard uris as opposed to rewrite.

Edited by FWR Media

I do have it working with IIS 7.0 with mod rewite module installed.

Jonathan,

Do you have a link to your site? Did you do a straight install, or do the mods like listed below your orginal thread? Is your store stock? If not, what contibs do you have working with this one?

Thanks!

Anyone else that has this on a Windows server please post a link to your site.

Edited by chimol

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!