• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Hi,

I found a bug :

process : create for example a category : bébé in french language and a category bébé in english language

you need the add on character conversion installed

If you are in french, there is no problem : bébé is write bebe

If you are in english : bébé is write bébés

Note I am in utf8 :

How to solve this :

copy the french.php conversion files and renome in english.php files

put this file in character conversion directory.

Now work fine.

note : if you create a category or product in language and you have several other language in your site with the same name and character (for example in english the é character does'nt exist), you will an error.

regards.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

I just installed this plugin but I ran into some problems right away.

When I go mouseover product link then I would get this link for example:

www.mysite.com/product_info.php/printer-lexmark-e120

but when I click on it to see product detail then result is that Product is not found, and URL in the browser is following:

www.mysite.com/product_info.php/index.php

and I can not go back with browser back button as it will keep loading this latest page

How to fix this ?

Edited by dxer

Just to be thorough, I setup a clean install, and followed the directions for the "Drop on Top Quick Install". With this install, the SEO URLs are working. I'm off to see if there is anything different in the install files. If not, I'll reinstall each of the contributions on this new install until I find the conflict.

I'll let you know what I discover...

Thanks for you time,

-Anita Cross

I found my problem.

The last php end tag was missing in additional_uploads\version2.3\catalog\includes\modules\boxes\bm_languages.php (I checked, and it's missing from the file in the archive I downloaded.)

Originally, after completing the install, the site wouldn't open at all. I commented out sections of code until I found the one that was causing the problem. That was the code added to application_top.php placed just above "require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');".

That should have clued me in...

Anyway, once the end tag was added to the bm_language.php file, and the the additional code in application_top.php was active, the seo urls started working.

Thankfully, I didn't have to start over with installing contributions...

Robert, this is a massive undertaking, and I appreciate all the hard work you've put into it. It was inevitable that a few small things would show up. I found it, I fixed it, I'm a happy camper. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-Anita Cross

I found my problem.

The last php end tag was missing in additional_uploads\version2.3\catalog\includes\modules\boxes\bm_languages.php (I checked, and it's missing from the file in the archive I downloaded.)

Hi Anita

Glad it is working for you but there is no code error.

It is perfectly correct syntax for there to be no closing PHP tag at the end of a file, in fact it is preferable not to have it which is why you will find almost all USU5 files end with no closing PHP tag.

Hi all, I have successfully downloaded and installed this contribution. I have also used all the values recommended in this thread but I am still seeing the OscSid values at the end of my urls.

For instance in the vanilla copy of the store The Wheel of Time software item is showing the following in the url:

cataloge/ product_info.php/the-wheel-of-time-p-23?osCsid=m6epiqf4ej9sit81abmujnltv5&osCsid=m6epiqf4ej9sit81abmujnltv5

Now I thought this contribution got rid of the osCsid values and only showed the item name in the description. Is this not right?

I was going to use the contribution Sid Killer but in there is suggestion that Ultimate Urls makes that code redundant.

So basically which is the best option to get rid of the osCsid code at the end of the urls.

Thanks, Michael

I'm writing again about retrieveDependencies problem. I have already written in Google XML sitemap topic about this problem.

But now I found that all my CRON scripts are not working after installing SEO Urls 5.

If any PHP script has this line in code:

require('includes/application_top.php');

and I try to run it from Windows Task Scheduler (IIS 7.5 server) there is an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on a non-object in

D:\www\mysite.com\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\uri_modules\osc_experimental.php on line 51

Any suggestions?

Hello FWR,

Great add on for osCommerce and I am sure you have put a lot of time into this, so I did a google search on the error I am getting before I post here.

I have come up with nothing and I hope you can get us going in the correct direction.

The error I am getting is:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_usu5) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

What could it be??

Cheers

Edited by UrbanStore

Hi all, I have successfully downloaded and installed this contribution. I have also used all the values recommended in this thread but I am still seeing the OscSid values at the end of my urls.

For instance in the vanilla copy of the store The Wheel of Time software item is showing the following in the url:

cataloge/ product_info.php/the-wheel-of-time-p-23?osCsid=m6epiqf4ej9sit81abmujnltv5&osCsid=m6epiqf4ej9sit81abmujnltv5

Now I thought this contribution got rid of the osCsid values and only showed the item name in the description. Is this not right?

I was going to use the contribution Sid Killer but in there is suggestion that Ultimate Urls makes that code redundant.

So basically which is the best option to get rid of the osCsid code at the end of the urls.

Thanks, Michael

Its ok I have sorted it, thanks

Hi again, sorry to be a pain.

I am writing in relation to the "catalog/.htaccess ( only needed if you intend to use rewrite urls )"

I am trying to use the settings:Choose the URI format -

Traditional Rewrite Seo Urls ( Requires mod_rewrite and RewriteRules added to .htaccess ) www.mysite.com/the-brand-etc-great-product-p-3.html or

Path Rewrite Seo Urls ( Requires mod_rewrite and RewriteRules added to .htaccess ) www.mysite.com/the-brand-etc/great-product-p-3.html

I have paid particulat attention to ensure that I changed ReWriteBase correctly to follow the instructions are in the file.

I have used: "RewriteBase /mystore/ " as I access my site as www.mysite.com/catalog/ - where catalog is replaced by mystore

I have added this code to the .htaccess file and changed the settings in admin but when I then access my store the home page opens ok but as soon as I click a product I get the message

The requested URL /product_info.php was not found on this server.

Do you have any suggestions please.

Thank you

Michael

Hi again, sorry to be a pain.

I am writing in relation to the "catalog/.htaccess ( only needed if you intend to use rewrite urls )"

I am trying to use the settings:Choose the URI format -

Traditional Rewrite Seo Urls ( Requires mod_rewrite and RewriteRules added to .htaccess ) www.mysite.com/the-brand-etc-great-product-p-3.html or

Path Rewrite Seo Urls ( Requires mod_rewrite and RewriteRules added to .htaccess ) www.mysite.com/the-brand-etc/great-product-p-3.html

I have paid particulat attention to ensure that I changed ReWriteBase correctly to follow the instructions are in the file.

I have used: "RewriteBase /mystore/ " as I access my site as www.mysite.com/catalog/ - where catalog is replaced by mystore

I have added this code to the .htaccess file and changed the settings in admin but when I then access my store the home page opens ok but as soon as I click a product I get the message

The requested URL /product_info.php was not found on this server.

Do you have any suggestions please.

Thank you

Michael

if you are clicking on a link like: -

www.mysite.com/mystore/the-brand-etc-great-product-p-3.html

And getting product_info.php not found then RewriteBase is incorrect.

Hello FWR,

Great add on for osCommerce and I am sure you have put a lot of time into this, so I did a google search on the error I am getting before I post here.

I have come up with nothing and I hope you can get us going in the correct direction.

The error I am getting is:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_usu5) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

What could it be??

Cheers

You haven't followed the instructions for the admin install ( which is very small ).

I'm writing again about retrieveDependencies problem. I have already written in Google XML sitemap topic about this problem.

But now I found that all my CRON scripts are not working after installing SEO Urls 5.

If any PHP script has this line in code:

require('includes/application_top.php');

and I try to run it from Windows Task Scheduler (IIS 7.5 server) there is an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on a non-object in

D:\www\mysite.com\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\uri_modules\osc_experimental.php on line 51

Any suggestions?

This is covered in this thread.

Basically files called via standard cron cannot include files.

osCommerce needs to include its bootstrap ( application_top.php ) if a script has been written correctly.

Therefore the cron needs to call the script via HTTP via the wget command, in this way includes can be used as normal.

The Google XML sitemap contribution btw hardcodes in the old series two SEO URLs and because of this and the fact that it doesn't include the standard osCommerce bootstrap will not work with anything else. Just poorly though out coding.

Interesting,

I did follow instructions to a T and checked them again tonight and they were correct. But when I went to my site, I saw it working perfectly this time?

Edited by UrbanStore

I installed this and thought it was working fine. After moving on with my customizations for my site, I discovered my search box wasn't working. I would get the following message when I attempted to search

Products meeting the search criteria

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home2/fullofju/public_html/discountwitch/store/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 135

After some help from kymation on the forums, and some searching on my own, I discovered that the only time I had modified the product_listing.php file was during the install of the SEO URLs 5 add on.

So I replaced the misbehaving line with the original

$prod_list_contents .= ' <td align="center">' . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'cart', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id'])) . '</td>';

then changed

(array('action')) .
to
(array('action', 'products_id')) .

The site can now search again, but this shows up on the right side when I perform the search

Fatal error: Call to a member function store() on a non-object in /home2/fullofju/public_html/discountwitch/store/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 78

Any thoughts?

Edited by SandyNovotny

if you are clicking on a link like: -

www.mysite.com/mystore/the-brand-etc-great-product-p-3.html

And getting product_info.php not found then RewriteBase is incorrect.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

Here is the copy of my .htaccess file. Have a quick look and please let me know if you think I have done something incorrectly.

I am sure I have followed your code as required but I may have overlooked something.

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
#  <IfDefine SSL>
#	SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
# 			nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
# 			downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
#  </IfDefine>
#</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the
# following Apache configuration parameter

# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
# php_value register_globals 1

# If you are getting errors you may need to comment this out like ..
# Options +FollowSymLinks
Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions
 # Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.
 # http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/ 
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/

# Change RewriteBase using the instructions above  
 RewriteBase /mystore/
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Articles contribution
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-au-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Information pages
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Links contribution
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Newsdesk contribution
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php [NC,L,QSA]
</IfModule>

I do have another part in this file which is:

# Redirect index.php to domain.com
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /index\.php\ HTTP/

RewriteRule ^index\.php$ http://www.affordablemobility.co.uk/mystore/ [R=301,L] 

# Redirect domain.com to www.domain.com
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^affordablemobility.co.uk/mystore [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.affordablemobility.co.uk/mystore/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteBase /

Maybe this is the problem?

Thank you again

Michael

Dear Robert

thanks for an excellent mod/Add-on.

im a little at a loss here.. is there a manual out there that i did not find?

i check my downloaded package, and cant seem to find any instruction of the "simple manual 301" system i see you refered to a few times.

i have migrated to 2.3.1 with your SEO module on, and really need to manually redirect some old URls.

can you please guide me in the right direction?

Thanks

Michael

Dedicated OsCommerce user. 2011 will be the return of OsC

Hi There

Am currently building on 2.3.1 SEO URL 5 and numerous other contributions to take my old site data which was using Chemos version for a few years.

I have been using HT-access to convert lots of malformed links (some go back to before i installed chemos version and are years old) and rewite with 301's, and a lot i have to do manually as there is no id number to match up.

My question is when i come to launch and use the langugae function what is the best way to pick up the 2nd language, is it built in, here are some examples

www.mydomain.com/la_porte-p-999.html

www.mydomain.com/la_porte-p-999.html?language=fr

www.mydomain.com/the_door-p-999.html

wwww.mydomain.com/the_door-p-999.html?language=en

and with the new seo 5 they will become

www.mydomain.com/fr/la_porte-p-999.html

www.mydomain.com/the-door-p-999.html

Now i have been trying to get rid of ?language= where i can to reduce duplicates but can see a problem moving the fr links over without that on the end to convert in htaccess, ie something like

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} language=fr

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*)$ /fr/$1-c-$2.html?

I of course could only do this if there was language=fr in the original string and this is exactly one of the things i have been trying to eradicate from the search engines as it causes dupilcates,

I have been using preventduplicates class.php (which i could take out the language section) //var $getValues = array('sort', 'page', 'language', 'currency');

or is there some other way of converting the FR links

of course the en links are a perfect match for Chemos original

I hope i have explained myself correctly

thank you for reading

David

Hi

think i may have answered ny own question, the new link would have course pick up on the new querry string, after all it will be the same then just add on the /fr/ at the front as a 301 (i assume) cant test that at the moment as i just broke my test store

David

David

Hi Robert,

Big thanks for all your work on this addon!

But looking for some help again!

We have started to get duplicate content, let me explain why.

Here is one of our main categories below :-

Franklite Lighting

so Cat = -c-635.html

if you then go into a sub categories :-

Franklite Knightsbridge

so Sub Cat = -c-635_654.html

Out of the blue, google has started indexing without the main categories :-

Franklite Knightsbridge

so Sub Cat now = -c-654.html , missing the main cat -c-635- ???

Any ideas, or shouldn't there be some sort of error checking which Main Cat a Sub Cat belongs to ?

Best Regards

Mark

Hi FWR, and the rest of y'all

i need some help if you can provide it,

the issue is that i'm using account activation for registration.

both that and this contribution work seperatly but a customer has notified me that the account activation link in their email does not activate their account and it has to be done manually, this was a scary thought as my site went live a month ago and wondered why it was not doing very well.

anyway my problem.

not working: (link in activation email)

https: //plrpeople.c6.ixwebhosting.com/account_activate.php?activation_id=f5f0e92e8740a158296e5476d1dcba23&submit=true&activation_code=djkmsfx9g6np&osCsid=nnhalsph5l1804o8vu23bdvjc7

Working: (link edited by me)

https: //plrpeople.c6.ixwebhosting.com/account_activate.php?activation_id=f5f0e92e8740a158296e5476d1dcba23&submit=true&activation_code=djkmsfx9g6np&osCsid=nnhalsph5l1804o8vu23bdvjc7

have removed amp; which follows the & symbol in the first link, i would like to know how to remove this from all links generated?? either by adding it to the character conversion or any other method that will not convert the '&' symbol to the HTML VERSION '&'

thanks in advance

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Robert,

I have installed this fine-looking add-on (to a 2.2 site without previous SEO code) and, while I don't have it working quite yet, I have discovered two installation guide issues and a feature request. (I'm confident I can figure out the problems I'm having - if not, I'll ask here.)

1. The order of the eight edits is very nice, with each update in order so that the store isn't broken if you do them one at a time. Almost. Edits 7 and 8 should be in the other order - so that admin/includes/functions/general.php is updated to add the function before admin/categories.php is updated to use it.

2. A few pages back a user wrote that the add-on "suddenly started working", and you said that the user must have done something. Well, yes and no. The call to activate the contrib in application_top.php is made only if the "language" session variable is not registered. If the user had a browser session open and had been in the store recently, the language is established in the session so the SEO code is skipped until someone, who doesn't already have an active session, comes in. This might take a while in some stores. (It did for me, anyway.) The instructions should suggest closing all browser windows and then opening again to go to the site. This will clear the session cookie and establish a new session, triggering the activation.

Now the feature request - I would strongly suggest that the initial mode NOT be to have SEO URLs enabled, requiring the webmaster to turn them on. This would also give them the chance to look at the options and adjust if needed. In my case, I was getting 500 server errors (for reasons yet to be determined) until I turned the option off. I'd also like to see some sort of "test" mode that is enabled only for the store owner, again so they can try it out and perhaps make adjustments. I will hack this in myself so I can debug the problems I'm having, but I think it would be very friendly. I envision a session variable that can be set with a GET parameter or perhaps visiting a special page. You may have other thoughts.

Robert,

I have installed this fine-looking add-on (to a 2.2 site without previous SEO code) and, while I don't have it working quite yet, I have discovered two installation guide issues and a feature request. (I'm confident I can figure out the problems I'm having - if not, I'll ask here.)

Hi Steve

Nice to see someone of your osCommerce experience giving it a good bashing :)

Re: 500 errors the one potential cause which I'm aware of is that USU5 initially installs without using mod_rewrite and RewriteRules. This creates path based URIs like mydomain.com/index.php/my-great-category-c-47.

Some servers are set up not to accept path based URIs which can cause an initial issue the following in .htaccess can resolve the problem: -

AcceptPathInfo On

The alternative being to add the .htaccess code and turn on the rewrite mode in admin. If the problem persists please don't hesitate to post here.

Re: point one - yes good point, I'll add this to my "to do" list.

Re: point 2 I'm not sure I get this bit ..

The call to activate the contrib in application_top.php is made only if the "language" session variable is not registered.

I haven't looked for a while but was of the impression that USU5 installs if the required defines are not present. Let me know your thoughts please.

Re: the feature request, it makes absolute sense of course.

The script currently works as it does because I have found it generally a good idea ( given the experience level of most contrib users ) for my addons to "simply work" straight off not requiring the user to do anything. I have found the other approach creates confusion for them.

Perhaps an option for more experienced user/developers to have a different install mode?

Anyway .. thanks for trying it out and feeding back Steve, .. look forward to your thoughts.

Robert,

Here is the code in application_top.php

// set the language
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($_GET['language'])) {
   if (!tep_session_is_registered('language')) {
     tep_session_register('language');
     tep_session_register('languages_id');
   }

/**
 * ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 PRO by FWR Media
 */

Usu_Main::i()->setVar( 'languages_id', $languages_id )
              ->setVar( 'request_type', $request_type ) 
              ->setVar( 'session_started', $session_started ) 
              ->setVar( 'sid', $SID ) 
              ->setVar( 'language', $language )
              ->setVar( 'filename', $PHP_SELF )
              ->initiate( ( isset( $lng ) && ( $lng instanceof language ) ) ? $lng : array(), $languages_id, $language );

The call to establish USU is done only if 'language' is not registered or if there is a GET parameter 'language' (when someone changes the language). If the store owner is already looking at the site when this code is added, they will already have a session going with 'language' set. Therefore, this call will not be made as long as their session remains active.

Perhaps I don't fully understand the way PHP classes work here, but I don't see another path that would call initiate.

I didn't look at whole 163 pages threat but I should say that there is something wrong with the googlesitemap product query. It brings double result for each product. Also can not control if total XML contents over 50000 products which is google sitemap fiel limit. It should split into files if there is more than 50.000 products in store. This is great addon. I've modified the file to correct those two issues.

fyi,

The call to establish USU is done only if 'language' is not registered or if there is a GET parameter 'language' (when someone changes the language). If the store owner is already looking at the site when this code is added, they will already have a session going with 'language' set. Therefore, this call will not be made as long as their session remains active.

Perhaps I don't fully understand the way PHP classes work here, but I don't see another path that would call initiate.

That is not correctly installed Steve, it should look like: -

// set the language
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
if (!tep_session_is_registered('language')) {
 	tep_session_register('language');
 	tep_session_register('languages_id');
}

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');
$lng = new language();

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
 	$lng->set_language($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']);
} else {
 	$lng->get_browser_language();
}

$language = $lng->language['directory'];
$languages_id = $lng->language['id'];
 }

/**
 * ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 PRO by FWR Media
 */
 Usu_Main::i()->setVar( 'languages_id', $languages_id )
          	->setVar( 'request_type', $request_type ) 
          	->setVar( 'session_started', $session_started ) 
          	->setVar( 'sid', $SID ) 
          	->setVar( 'language', $language )
          	->setVar( 'filename', $PHP_SELF )
          	->initiate( ( isset( $lng ) && ( $lng instanceof language ) ) ? $lng : array(), $languages_id, $language );

// include the language translations
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');