• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Robert,

I've been using USEO5 Pro and Security Pro for while now. I've now run into the 'Godaddy' issue with regards to mod rewrite.

I did a simple test, and indeed the rewrite works

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.html$ /index-rewrite.html [L]

With the above code in the root .htaccess, the index-rewrite page shows instead of the index page.

I uninstalled and reinstalled USEO5 Pro - I still get the 'no file specified' error. I commented out the Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch and Options +FollowSymLinks - no luck.

I've read this thread from the link you provided (did a Google search for "oscommerce.com ultimate seo urls 5 godaddy" - I'm not understanding the 'too many redirects' comment. Could you shine some light on this, and is there a real solution for Godaddy servers?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi

The .htaccess code isn't quite right in the download but it works on most servers, see the following post for revised code ..

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/336702-ultimate-seo-urls-5-by-fwr-media/page__view__findpost__p__1554088

Hi there, Robert

While glancing at your link above in referece to the .htaccess code, I saw in that thread where someone else posted about the return of their oscID in their URLs after the installation of USU5 Pro. You referred to their configuration being incorrect just as you did with my inquiry and mentioned that you should "never" have to hide the oscID if things configured correctly. As our oscID was not present before and is after the installation of USU5 Pro, could you elaborate on what you're referring to? Is is the actual configure.php that is incorrect or something else that was generally classified as configuration? We can use the "force cookies" to rid oscID from the URL, but it was absent previously without having to use that option.

Thanks for any pointers.

-shaun

As our oscID was not present before and is after the installation of USU5 Pro, could you elaborate on what you're referring to?

Hi Shaun that simply cannot be correct ( unless you had some weird code in tep_href_link() removing the osCsid due to your settings being incorrect ).

USU5 will not and can not cause the osCsid to appear.

As I have said you need to set up your osCommerce script correctly there is plenty of advice in the general forums .. do a search for persistent osCsid.

Well that error means that the function in fact was not added to ADMIN/includes/functions/general.php

This suggests that the file has been edited and a whitespace or perhaps a BOM added to the top of the file. ( before the opening <?php )

You were right in the first instance. I use dreamweaver and for some reason I had it included in test, but it had not updated prod with it.

The 2nd instance was also correct. I've discovered that for some reason when I copy files on my computer from the osc 2.3 directory into my test directory, an extra empty line is added. I removed the extra line at the end, made sure it was fixed on prod, which it is, but I still get the same error. I took out the bottom line on both application_top and application_bottom. Still have the same error message.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Just installed the SEO 5 pro on a clean install. Using Godaddy hosting with Linux servers. Every time I turn on the SEO in admin I lose links to poducts. Checked the install and all was done correctly. I have read through 30 pages of this thread and it seems obvious to me that the problem is in the .htaccess file. I tried to use the .htaccess file in 'Extras' but got no luck - I edited the file with my domain name but still no luck. Any advice for us poor stupid people using godaddy servers. Even after reading many threads on the htaccess file I still not getting exaclty what to do with it?

I just noticed in my sitemaps that product are being listed multiple times, is this normal?

I have deleted the sitemaps and ran the index.php file to create them again and they still have duplicate entries.

http://www.snipercompany.com/sitemapProducts.xml

Any suggestions?

I should note that this only happens on the sitemapProducts.xml not the others.

Edited by ShaunB

I am preparing to update my shop to 2.3.1 and am installing all my add-ons on my localhost. So far I have only installed Theme Switcher Store and Ultimate SEO URLs 5 Pro. The instructions for installation were very well written and easy to follow. Unfortunately, I do have a problem.

The URL rewrite works perfectly, but the button and drop-down menu text has been replaced with things like "drop_down_menu" and "myaccount_button_text". The same with the breadcrumb.

I am guessing I made a mistake somewhere, but I don't have a clue where it would be. Thanks for any help.

I am preparing to update my shop to 2.3.1 and am installing all my add-ons on my localhost. So far I have only installed Theme Switcher Store and Ultimate SEO URLs 5 Pro. The instructions for installation were very well written and easy to follow. Unfortunately, I do have a problem.

The URL rewrite works perfectly, but the button and drop-down menu text has been replaced with things like "drop_down_menu" and "myaccount_button_text". The same with the breadcrumb.

I am guessing I made a mistake somewhere, but I don't have a clue where it would be. Thanks for any help.

I found my mistake. I had replaced this:

// include the language translations
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

instead of adding the code above it. Funny the things that can happen when one line of code is removed. I'm surprised the store worked at all.

I have an addon to generate feeds for google products, bing, nextag, etc (feedmachine addon). This addon basically products a tab delimited text file feed of your products, and while doing that creates the links for your products as well... It has a web interface to create the feeds manually but you can also set a cron job to do it periodically. The manual creation of feeds work fine with USU5 Pro but when the thing is run as a cron job it gives the following error:

Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on a non-object in <b>/home/..../includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php

I am guessing this is because it is not run in a browser. Is this the reason behind it or what can be the problem? Is there a work-around?

My PHP memory_limit is set to 18M.. Cannot see that not being enough...

The PHP memory_limit on my server is set to 256mb. With just under a thousand products and around 50 categories I can't fathom running out of memory. Furthermore Gz functions are definitely enabled on my server. I wish there was a better explanation. I disabled the lines of code causing the error in several files. This effectively caused USU5 to cease functioning. I uncommented the lines of codes two days later and everything worked. Additionally, as a precaution I changed the cache limit from 7 days to 5 and reset the cache as well.

Robert, can you provide further insight? If so it would be greatly appreciated!

- 32 Degrees

RObert

is it ok to manually empty the cache folder before resetting the cache in admin? I ask because when I reset the cache the old files don't get deleted and the folder keeps getting bigger with hundreds of cache files.

Same thing with KISSMT.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

RObert

is it ok to manually empty the cache folder before resetting the cache in admin? I ask because when I reset the cache the old files don't get deleted and the folder keeps getting bigger with hundreds of cache files.

Same thing with KISSMT.

Odd server set up . .can't really comment without testing on it.

Yes .. manually deleting is exactly the same as resetting via admin.

Anyone else realize that Ultimate seo urls is causing mysql database disclosure, thus failing pci scans?

----------------------------------------

With ultimate seo urls enabled:

index.php?currency=x%20&cPath=x';",)`

Resulting in:

Warning: aPage_Modules::stripPathToLastNumber: Incorrect path value of x22 presented in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/abstracts/page_modules.php on line 313

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND cd.language_id = 1' at line 1

SELECT cd2.categories_name AS pName, cd.categories_name AS cName FROM categories c LEFT JOIN categories_description cd2 ON c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND cd2.language_id = 1, categories_description cd WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id AND c.categories_id = AND cd.language_id = 1

------------------------------------------------

If anyone has a solution to this problem... I'd love to hear it :)

Anyone else realize that Ultimate seo urls is causing mysql database disclosure, thus failing pci scans?

----------------------------------------

With ultimate seo urls enabled:

index.php?currency=x%20&cPath=x';",)`

Resulting in:

Warning: aPage_Modules::stripPathToLastNumber: Incorrect path value of x22 presented in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/abstracts/page_modules.php on line 313

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND cd.language_id = 1' at line 1

SELECT cd2.categories_name AS pName, cd.categories_name AS cName FROM categories c LEFT JOIN categories_description cd2 ON c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND cd2.language_id = 1, categories_description cd WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id AND c.categories_id = AND cd.language_id = 1

------------------------------------------------

If anyone has a solution to this problem... I'd love to hear it :)

This has been covered in this support thread. The current version of PRO is the first version and as such there are a few bug fixes in this thread.

I will upload a new version soon but the fixes needed were very few.

This has been covered in this support thread. The current version of PRO is the first version and as such there are a few bug fixes in this thread.

I will upload a new version soon but the fixes needed were very few.

Great to hear! I look forward to it!

In the meantime, it seems that a simple adding of:

ini_set('display_errors', 0);

to page_modules.php prevents the full disclosure :)

Great to hear! I look forward to it!

to page_modules.php prevents the full disclosure :)

No one in their right mind shows errors on a live site. The idea of error reporting is to inform the owner of errors in the code not the using public.

No one in their right mind shows errors on a live site. The idea of error reporting is to inform the owner of errors in the code not the using public.

Unfortunately, there are alot of people out there 'not in their right mind'.

If everyone was a programmer or knew how to secure their servers, you wouldn't see 150+ pages of forum posts for a contribution.

I run across servers everyday that, by default, do not have 'error reporting' disabled.

Some don't even allow users access to php.ini or .htaccess files to make these changes.

So for those users, the simplest little fix can prove to be most helpful to them.

And yes, I am in 'my right mind'. Running 100+ servers and managing pci compliance for sites doing 12+ million/yr. gives me a little bit of experience in dealing with configuring php :) Just trying to help out some of the others.

Just to clarify.

No it doesn't, this was an identified bug that has been handled, you just need to read this support thread and make the changes.

No .. firstly the display of errors should be off on any live site, which is obviously nothing to do with USU5 PRO. Secondly you should have actioned the changes as mentioned in this support thread.

I appreciate the reporting of any errors encountered as it helps greatly in the quality of this contribution but until the latest revision is uploaded I would ask users to apply the changes in this support thread for any issues already encountered and dealt with.

Just to clarify.

No it doesn't, this was an identified bug that has been handled, you just need to read this support thread and make the changes.

No .. firstly the display of errors should be off on any live site, which is obviously nothing to do with USU5 PRO. Secondly you should have actioned the changes as mentioned in this support thread.

I appreciate the reporting of any errors encountered as it helps greatly in the quality of this contribution but until the latest revision is uploaded I would ask users to apply the changes in this support thread for any issues already encountered and dealt with.

Well... I've been able to find 2 changes noted. Both have been applied prior to this post and neither made any difference to the error being caused. My apologies to cluttering up the forum if I've missed the fix that takes care of this (145 pages, so I guess its possible).

Good afternoon everyone!

I installed this contribution without any problem, but my question is:

For example, the contribution allows www.mysite.com/ Force when to www.mysite.com / index.php

It would be possible to force other files http://mysite.com/ contribution when to www.mysite.com / conditions.php ??¿??¿

I would be interested for all the main pages as privacy.php, login.php etc. ..

Thanks!!

Good afternoon everyone!

I installed this contribution without any problem, but my question is:

For example, the contribution allows www.mysite.com/ Force when to www.mysite.com / index.php

It would be possible to force other files http://mysite.com/ contribution when to www.mysite.com / conditions.php ??¿??¿

I would be interested for all the main pages as privacy.php, login.php etc. ..

Thanks!!

I don't think I understand the question.

There would be no point forcing mysite.com/privacy.php to mysite.com/ because it would never load the privacy page.