• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Also, if you are setting up a new shop and is using path_rewrite, I would just remove adding category to the product url. A lot of factors come into play but general you would keep these in mind:

User-friendliness, does the url look spammy, & etc.

This is from first hand experience watching our product pages falling in the indexing in 6 months after going from Chemo's to FWR's SEOURL and at the same time adding the full cat dir path...

Take a look @@Jack_mc's profile page under Ultimate SEO V2.2d, he'd mentioned it...(now, I don't know if I would go as far as calling it poor, and if you site uses cat dir in the url and its working then please don't change it).

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/user/17188-jack-mcs/

Also, another good reference...

https://moz.com/blog/15-seo-best-practices-for-structuring-urls

My $0.02...

• 2 weeks later...

I need help :o!

We have been using this module for some years, now working on a brand new website, we integreated this contribution without problems, but due some Github synching, the "sqlite" cache file was corrupted, so now it doesn't work, if we remove the cache file, it works perfect, trying to reset the cache doesn't work, and when removing it or changing it, it doesn't create a new cache file?

Any ideas on how to "force" it to create a new cache file? 

Side-question, which cache type is the best to use for the best performance of the website? 50.000+ products :)

@@gummipingvin

What ever you are saying I am not following, but usually toggling the caching scheme should fix your problem (in between toggling you can delete the cache file). Now, without knowing your OSC/PHP and etc. version, check out this post as you may need to update some sqlite functions. I suspect you have other issues, BS or no BS it should be the same.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/407692-fwrs-usu5-for-bs/?p=1732488

Performance!? That's an interesting question as it also depends on your hosting plan/server power...memcache should be the best and to me I luv throwing hardware at increasing performance as it is still the least expensive. Well how about a multi-tier with MySQL on raw devices...well, they are all good until you hit a bottle neck...you get my point...my $0.02.

I need help :o!

We have been using this module for some years, now working on a brand new website, we integreated this contribution without problems, but due some Github synching, the "sqlite" cache file was corrupted, so now it doesn't work, if we remove the cache file, it works perfect, trying to reset the cache doesn't work, and when removing it or changing it, it doesn't create a new cache file?

Any ideas on how to "force" it to create a new cache file? 

Side-question, which cache type is the best to use for the best performance of the website? 50.000+ products :)

@@clustersolutions

Thank you for the reply, yeah sorry, I am not sure what the excact problem is, so a little hard to explain :o

But let me try rephrase :)

Everything worked fine, then we corrupted the "sqlite" cache file, thought we could just delete it or try reset it, and then it would create a new cachefile? But it doesn't happen, so I guess my problem is just that it won't make a new cachefile.

It works like it should, just doesn't create sqlite cache file, I can use the "file" option for cache and that works without any problems at all.

You are probably right, hardware have in the past proven to be the best way to spend money on performance, we have no real issues with the speed, just curious if I should spend more time on fixing sqlite caching, or file-caching was just as good, or it would be worth having memcache installed on our server :)

Edited by gummipingvin

@@gummipingvin, when you say it works like it should I assume you are saying with file cache and not sqlite. Ok, switch to file cache, all is ok? Then remove the sqlite db cache file. Now, switch back to sqlite cache. What's the error message? So it shouldn't work with sqlite cache if it can't create the cache file. I think under normal circumstance it would recreate the sqlite cache file...if it is not it should complain and you would need to fix whatever's necessary to stop it from complaining...

Hope this helps!

It works like it should, just doesn't create sqlite cache file, I can use the "file" option for cache and that works without any problems at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

A few days ago I noticed the following error when open some subcategories (not all). My site: WahanaStore dot com :

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to Data_Registry::load() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/mydb/public_html/www.mysite.com/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 282 and defined in /home/mydb/public_html/www.mysite.com/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/registry.php on line 133

Here is line 281-284 of usu5.php:

->load( unserialize( gzinflate( file_get_contents( $this
                 ->getVar( 'cache_system_path' ) . 'cache/' . $cache_name . '.cache' ) ) ) );
            self::$performance['cache_loaded'] = 'true';
            self::$performance['time_extracting_cache'] = number_format ( ( microtime( true ) - $timestart ), 4 );

And here is line 132 – 134 of registry.php:

*/
    public function load( array $cached_registry_data = array() ) {
      $this->vars = $cached_registry_data;

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

@@Awie...

1) what changed?

2) turn on variable reporting and look at the output.

You are not passing in a array it seems...

Hi all,

A few days ago I noticed the following error when open some subcategories (not all). My site: WahanaStore dot com :

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to Data_Registry::load() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/mydb/public_html/www.mysite.com/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 282 and defined in /home/mydb/public_html/www.mysite.com/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/registry.php on line 133

Here is line 281-284 of usu5.php:

->load( unserialize( gzinflate( file_get_contents( $this
                 ->getVar( 'cache_system_path' ) . 'cache/' . $cache_name . '.cache' ) ) ) );
            self::$performance['cache_loaded'] = 'true';
            self::$performance['time_extracting_cache'] = number_format ( ( microtime( true ) - $timestart ), 4 );

And here is line 132 – 134 of registry.php:

*/
    public function load( array $cached_registry_data = array() ) {
      $this->vars = $cached_registry_data;

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

@@Awie...

1) what changed?

2) turn on variable reporting and look at the output.

You are not passing in a array it seems...

@@clustersolutions:

1) I didn't change anything, just updating products as usual.

2) I don't know how to do it.

As a fix, I created new subcategories and moved all products inside it.

@@Awie, 2) you can turn it on in admin->ultimate usu5->variable reporting. it should output the variable that's causing your issue.

It sounds like you had products in a subcategory (what I call a branch and not a leave node). I don't do products in branch node (not just in OSC), so I couldn't tell you...

@@clustersolutions:

1) I didn't change anything, just updating products as usual.

2) I don't know how to do it.

As a fix, I created new subcategories and moved all products inside it.

• 3 weeks later...

I did install this addon a year ago and it has worked perfectly until the web hotel changed server, Today I cannot see the different settings under Configuration/SEOURL 5. The SEO URL 5 page in admin is only a blank page with no parameters. What can be wrong?

I have a OScommerce V.2.3.3 on now a PHP 5.2.9 server.

Hi there, On language selection I try to get uri's like that:

www.mysite.com/uri-in-english

www.mysite.com/es/uri-in-spanish

www.mysite.com/it/uri-in-italian

To try that I was using the code for language selection from here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/336702-ultimate-seo-urls-5-by-fwr-media/?p=1573463 and also tried the mod "Keep in same page when switching language with Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Multi Language Support" http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8469

But for both cases I get (if for example I am on english language):

www.mysite.com/uri-in-english

www.mysite.com/es/uri-in-english

www.mysite.com/it/uri-in-english

Then of course it redirects 301 and you reach for example the www.mysite.com/es/uri-in-spanish. But question is: Is it not any way to show the uri's with the corresponding language directly?

I have OSC 2.3.4 BS

Edited by egutierrez

• 1 month later...

Hi  friend Robert:

I have installed the Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO ( r205 ) in my Oscommerce 2.2 . After that , I can not see the categories and subcategories in Internet Explorer . My website works well in Chrome and Firefox , but in Internet Explorer i have problems . I have tried to find out the error , but i can not find it yet. Can you help me?

Thanks

Marcial

I have installed the Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO ( r205 ) in my Oscommerce 2.2 . After that , I can not see the categories and subcategories in Internet Explorer . My website works well in Chrome and Firefox , but in Internet Explorer i have problems . I have tried to find out the error , but i can not find it yet. Can you help me?

]

I'm the configuration settings for seo urls - try to clear the cache.

Just a thought.

Hello friend Scott:

I did what you said me , but nothing .... the problem exist yet. I think there be an issue on the file  catalog/includes/ aplication_top.php because  when i delete :

/**
  * ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 PRO by FWR Media
  */
  Usu_Main::i()->setVar( 'languages_id', $languages_id )
               ->setVar( 'request_type', $request_type ) 
               ->setVar( 'session_started', $session_started ) 
               ->setVar( 'sid', $SID ) 
               ->setVar( 'language', $language )
               ->setVar( 'filename', $PHP_SELF )
               ->initiate( ( isset( $lng ) && ( $lng instanceof language ) ) ? $lng : array(), $languages_id, $language );

the categories on Internet Explorer works very good but the seo url iwords on the Internet Explorer browser  are missed

Regards and i hope your answer

mardifi

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

I have an issue with the period (.) character

http://example.com//index.php?cPath=44_95&page=1&range=1.99_2.99

gets rewritten according to the rule and the 1.99_2.99 becomes 199_299

It doesn't happen when I turn off USU5 pro, so it's an issue with the module coding or .htaccess(?)

How can I escape the period safely? (ie. without causing some random side effects)

Edited by dr_lucas

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have this addon installed on osc 2.3.4, I added a product that have arabic title in this category http://www.macrotronics.net/index.php/books-arabic-c-211_443_446

The product URL is broken, but when I turn off the SEO url 5 module, the product URL works fine.

Any suggestions ?

Current options:

Enable SEO URLs 5?     true     
Enable the cache?     true
Enable multi language support?     true
Output W3C valid URLs?     true     Info
Select your chosen cache system?     file
Set the number of days to store the cache.     7
Choose the uri format     standard     Info
Choose how your product link text is made up     p
Filter Short Words     1     Info
Add category parent to beginning of category uris?     true
Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?     true
Add cPath to product URLs?     false     Info
Enter special character conversions. (Better to use the file based character conversions)
Turn performance reporting on true/false.     false
Turn variable reporting on true/false.     false
Force www.mysite.com/ when www.mysite.com/index.php     true

Hi,

I have a slightly older version of this contribution and did not want to upgrade because mine is customized for mobile files on my MS2.2 shop. I wanted to change the urls to display a forward slash "/" separator (instead of the hyphen "-") between categories and subcategories as well as manufacturers if added to the product info page. As an example, it would look something like this:

www.mydomain.com/category/sub-category/manufacturer/product-name.html

I searched this forum and found a post (#1637616) that mentioned "path based URIs in admin" as a way to change the separator to a forward slash. The problem is that I cannot seem to find this anywhere in admin or in the SEO URL's configuration. It's probably right in front of me but I just don't see it.

Could someone help direct me to the exact name and location of this configuration attribute? If not, please let me know what code changes I need to make to achieve what I am looking to do. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

Hi,

Question, i have in Application_top.php this

// include the language translations
$_system_locale_numeric = setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, 0);
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');
 // Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d
 if ((!defined(SEO_ENABLED)) || (SEO_ENABLED == 'true')) {
   include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
   if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){
     $seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);
   }
 }
setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, $_system_locale_numeric);

Is it good placed or need it to be under setlocale. btw. using 2.3.4. bootstrap.

Greetings, Anne

@@Dj-Viper

Question, i have in Application_top.php this

}
 }

Is it good placed or need it to be under setlocale. btw. using 2.3.4. bootstrap.

I'm not sure what you are asking here....

@@greasemonkey

The following at the moment :

}
 }

or better to place the seo urls under like this.

}
 }

In the setup of Ultmate SEO Urls stands find // include the language translations

and place after the seo urls stuff. but i have two instances of LC Numeric stuff

Greetings, Anne

• 2 weeks later...