ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Good catch.

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/abstracts/page_modules.php

Lines 142/143

Find ...

switch ( defined( 'USU5_USE_W3C_VALID' ) && USU5_USE_W3C_VALID ) {
   	case 'true':

Change to ...

switch ( defined( 'USU5_USE_W3C_VALID' ) && ( USU5_USE_W3C_VALID == 'true' ) ) {
   	case true:

It is kindly reminder to review all code which is using these pattern 'defined(...) && ...'. By the way, it is great contribution I never seen before.

The Chinese URLs show properly but fail to redirect to desired page, I would like to ask the mapping of SEO URLs and real URLs or could you please tell me which script get the SEO URLs(Chinese URLs) and redirect to real URLs?

Thank you so much

It is kindly reminder to review all code which is using these pattern 'defined(...) && ...'.

Not all code that uses defined(...) && but just the one line.

The Chinese URLs show properly but fail to redirect to desired page, I would like to ask the mapping of SEO URLs and real URLs or could you please tell me which script get the SEO URLs(Chinese URLs) and redirect to real URLs?

This is not enough information to allow me to debug for you.

Which uri type are you using? rewrite or non rewrite?

Is there a url where I could view the site?

If you are using the rewrite method then the rewriterules would be wrong for what you are trying to achieve .. e.g.

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]

By the way, it is great contribution I never seen before.

Thanks, the PRO version was only released at Christmas.

Edited by FWR Media

This is not enough information to allow me to debug for you.

Which uri type are you using? rewrite or non rewrite?

Is there a url where I could view the site?

If you are using the rewrite method then the rewriterules would be wrong for what you are trying to achieve .. e.g.

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]

uri format: standard, path_standard

Testing Site: My Test

Admin ID : AdminID

Admin Pwd: my_password

Testing Sample:

[English] Testing Cat > Testing Product 001

[Chinese] 測試目錄 > 測試產品001

Thank you for your big help

Edited by Jan Zonjee

uri format: standard, path_standard

Testing Site: My Test

Admin ID : AdminID

Admin Pwd: my_password

Testing Sample:

[English] Testing Cat > Testing Product 001

[Chinese] 測試目錄 > 測試產品001

Thank you for your big help

Please don't post access names and passwords.

If they are real .. CHANGE THEM NOW

Re:: your problem:

Have you reset the USU5 cache and your categories cache? you may be seeing legacy data.

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Please don't post access names and passwords.

If they are real .. CHANGE THEM NOW

Re:: your problem:

Have you reset the USU5 cache and your categories cache? you may be seeing legacy data.

Don't worry, It is just a demo site for testing purpose. All content is demo data, no real data.

This testing site was new setup few minutes before I posted the link. It suppose no cache data. I had tried to disable the cache in 'Seo Urls 5 PRO' or clear the cache data, problem still happens. However, this problem does not happen in previous version 'Seo Urls 5' which I am using right now.

Don't worry, It is just a demo site for testing purpose. All content is demo data, no real data.

This testing site was new setup few minutes before I posted the link. It suppose no cache data. I had tried to disable the cache in 'Seo Urls 5 PRO' or clear the cache data, problem still happens. However, this problem does not happen in previous version 'Seo Urls 5' which I am using right now.

I would need access to a test site to find out what the problem is with Chinese characters.

If you send me a PM with your email address I'll email you.

[10-Jan-2011 13:20:01] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on a non-object in ****/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/uri_modules/osc_experimental.php on line 51

this appears pretty often in error log

PS: url rewrites works correctly

Slightly off topic, I had experienced this issue

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71455&st=0

When the back up was restored the following had to be commented out of SEO URLs 5 because it broke the site, something to do with the images

// Commented by Hostin.gr

// usu::$registry->merge( 'seo_pages', $this->page_relations );

// usu::$registry->merge( 'markers', $this->markers );

Im not sure what effect if any doing this has? If it's negative please let me know!!

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71455&st=0

When the back up was restored the following had to be commented out of SEO URLs 5 because it broke the site, something to do with the images

Im not sure what effect if any doing this has? If it's negative please let me know!!

Just to confirm the module still seems to work normally

http://forums.oscomm...opic=71455&st=0

If you comment that out you break it. If the registry object is not in place then the cache you uploaded from the backup is probably corrupt but as you have shown me no error messages I have nothing to go on. Perhaps a good time to upgrade to USU5 PRO.

Edited by FWR Media

If you comment that out you break it. If the registry object is not in place then the cache you uploaded from the backup is probably corrupt but as you have shown me no error messages I have nothing to go on. Perhaps a good time to upgrade to USU5 PRO.

Okay, I deleted the comments and it is working now, the sql back up was done when the cache was full, I reset the cache and its okay now.

SEO URL Pro looks more suited to what I want "As the cache is saved on a per page basis the cache will be manageable regardless of shop size" but I am concerned about the URLs not looking exactly as they do now.

Also the HTAccess changes I have made with SEO URL 5, I can leave the HTAccess file as it is now and it will work with Pro?

Okay, I deleted the comments and it is working now, the sql back up was done when the cache was full, I reset the cache and its okay now.

SEO URL Pro looks more suited to what I want "As the cache is saved on a per page basis the cache will be manageable regardless of shop size" but I am concerned about the URLs not looking exactly as they do now.

Also the HTAccess changes I have made with SEO URL 5, I can leave the HTAccess file as it is now and it will work with Pro?

URLs of USU5 can be replicated in the PRO version, it had to be this way for backwards compatibility.

However, if you want to change them PRO is far more flexible, it will also 301 redirect the old to the new.

The RewriteRules have to be changed as detailed in this support thread.

Hi All,

Is it right that philips.html is better for ranking (like in VirtueMart) than philips-m-48.html ?

The word Philips is faster found.

My customer said so but I am not sure.

If this is right I think there is no contribution for that way I think ?

Thanks for the answer eventually.

Hi All,

Is it right that philips.html is better for ranking (like in VirtueMart) than philips-m-48.html ?

The word Philips is faster found.

My customer said so but I am not sure.

If this is right I think there is no contribution for that way I think ?

Thanks for the answer eventually.

It really makes no difference whatsoever in my opinion.

Having said that a new URI module is in early beta testing ..

Seo urls without the -c-52 / -p-37 etc.

They look like ..

/hardware.htm

/software.htm

/dvd-movies.htm

/gadgets.htm

/simulation-sierra-swat-close-quarters-battle.htm

/action-warner-the-matrix.htm

/action-warner-the-matrix.htm

/theres-something-about-mary.htm?reviews_id=1

/theres-something-about-mary.htm?reviews_id=1

/gadgets-samsung-samsung-galaxy-tab.htm

/gadgets-samsung-samsung-galaxy-tab.htm

/printers-hewlett-packard-hewlett-packard-laserjet-1100xi.htm

/printers-hewlett-packard-hewlett-packard-laserjet-1100xi.htm

/mice-microsoft-microsoft-intellimouse-explorer.htm

/mice-microsoft-microsoft-intellimouse-explorer.htm

/keyboards-microsoft-microsoft-internet-keyboard-ps2.htm

/keyboards-microsoft-microsoft-internet-keyboard-ps2.htm

/strategy-interactive-disciples-sacred-lands.htm

/strategy-interactive-disciples-sacred-lands.htm

/strategy-interactive-the-wheel-time.htm

/strategy-interactive-the-wheel-time.htm

/action-interactive-unreal-tournament.htm

/action-interactive-unreal-tournament.htm

/drama-warner-beloved.htm

/drama-warner-beloved.htm

Hi,

theres a lot to go through on this thread so i dont know if this has been posted before.

I am haveing problems with my categories page on my site since installing this. When i go to a category i can link to any products, i can only get to the products by useing a link on my index.

This shows that the product is definately in the category

Top » Catalog » test

Top » Catalog » test » test

any ideas?

Hi,

theres a lot to go through on this thread so i dont know if this has been posted before.

I am haveing problems with my categories page on my site since installing this. When i go to a category i can link to any products, i can only get to the products by useing a link on my index.

This shows that the product is definately in the category

Top » Catalog » test

Top » Catalog » test » test

any ideas?

Sorry Jordan I don't understand your question at all.

Sorry Jordan I don't understand your question at all.

Its hard to explain. Besically the are no products in my categories. if you click on a category, the products in this do no show.

Its hard to explain. Besically the are no products in my categories. if you click on a category, the products in this do no show.

That is not enough information for me to be able to help, I need detail.

Does the page stay on index? does it load the correct category but there are no products in it?

That is not enough information for me to be able to help, I need detail.

Does the page stay on index? does it load the correct category but there are no products in it?

sorry if i am being hard work.

Ok when you enter the shop every thing is fine. Then when you click on a category. You then go to the category page, all loads ok but the products that are in that category do not. However, you can enter the products if they show up on the index, by clicking on them. The product then works ok. Hope this helps.

sorry if i am being hard work.

Ok when you enter the shop every thing is fine. Then when you click on a category. You then go to the category page, all loads ok but the products that are in that category do not. However, you can enter the products if they show up on the index, by clicking on them. The product then works ok. Hope this helps.

In that case it doesn't sound like USU5 is the problem. I'll explain ..

USU5 produces urls which is nothing to do with the display of products EXCEPT ..

if my-great-category-c-32.html is not translated by the script into cPath=32 ( which is all osCommerce understands ) then osCommerce will not load the category.

If however the correct category is loading then this is clearly not the problem.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by FWR Media

kind of,

thanks, I only noticed this after i installed this addon. I'll trace my steps back even further.

What file is likely to be causeing the problem? You dont have to give me exact answers but a little guidence would really help me so thanks in advance!

kind of,

thanks, I only noticed this after i installed this addon. I'll trace my steps back even further.

What file is likely to be causeing the problem? You dont have to give me exact answers but a little guidence would really help me so thanks in advance!

I only support USU5 here ( otherwise it confuses the support thread for others ) but if you PM me a link I'll take a quick look.

It really makes no difference whatsoever in my opinion.

Having said that a new URI module is in early beta testing ..

Seo urls without the -c-52 / -p-37 etc.

They look like ..

/hardware.htm

/software.htm

/dvd-movies.htm

/gadgets.htm

Hey Robert,

Any chance I can get into the beta testing?

Thanks