• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Hi, I've been running eshop for nearly one year and about a week ago all it happened that all the images are displayed anymore.

I asked for the assistence webhosting company. I was told to check my htaccess file.

All my rewrite rules write fine, but there might be an error in RewriteBase variable.

Shop is running under this address: http://eshop.drinker.cz This case is not in the RewriteBase instructions

May I ask for any suggestion, please.

My htaccess goes like this:

# Ultimate SEO URLs BEGIN
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^options\=(.*)$
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2%1
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# BOF: "Extra pages-info box w/ admin" support added by faaliyet
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# EOF: "Extra pages-info box w/ admin" support added by faaliyet
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Added polls and newsdesk
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# BOF: Faqdesk support added by faaliyet
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# EOF: Faqdesk support added by faaliyet
# Ultimate SEO URLs END

Hi, I've been running eshop for nearly one year and about a week ago all it happened that all the images are displayed anymore.

I asked for the assistence webhosting company. I was told to check my htaccess file.

All my rewrite rules write fine, but there might be an error in RewriteBase variable.

Shop is running under this address: http://eshop.drinker.cz This case is not in the RewriteBase instructions

May I ask for any suggestion, please.

I don't think you are using Ultimate SEO Urls 5 or USU5 PRO.

Perhaps you are using the old 2005 version by Chemo.

How do we get the file extension (.html) off the end of the URL like in arcadia128 (reply #2550 just above)?

arcadia128 links are like this and that is how we want ours:

for categories:

http://laertes.es/secret/index.php/aventura-c-31

or for products:

http://laertes.es/secret/product_info.php/prueba-p-51

We somehow cannot figure it out either in .htaccess or the admin configuration. If we remove the extension and refresh if pops right back on the end again.

I also posted a prior reply with more detail a few replies above(#2541):

Thanks and apologize for being dumb about this - I bet it is right in front of our noses.

How do we get the file extension (.html) off the end of the URL like in arcadia128 (reply #2550 just above)?

arcadia128 links are like this and that is how we want ours:

for categories:

http://laertes.es/se...p/aventura-c-31

or for products:

http://laertes.es/se...php/prueba-p-51

We somehow cannot figure it out either in .htaccess or the admin configuration. If we remove the extension and refresh if pops right back on the end again.

I also posted a prior reply with more detail a few replies above(#2541):

Thanks and apologize for being dumb about this - I bet it is right in front of our noses.

It is in the instructions. If you are using the new PRO version the instructions are ..

• Choose the URI format
    • There are 4 options The difference between the four is shown below: -
      • Standard Seo Urls ( does not require mod_rewrite )
        • www.mysite.com/product_info.php/the-brand-etc-great-product-p-3

[*]Path Standard Seo Urls ( does not require mod_rewrite )

• www.mysite.com/product_info.php/the-brand-etc/great-product-p-3

[*]Traditional Rewrite Seo Urls ( Requires mod_rewrite and RewriteRules added to .htaccess )

• www.mysite.com/the-brand-etc-great-product-p-3.html

[*]Path Rewrite Seo Urls ( Requires mod_rewrite and RewriteRules added to .htaccess )

• www.mysite.com/the-brand-etc/great-product-p-3.html

Thank you for the quick reply,

I forgot to say we wanted to get the file names of product_info.php and index.php out of the middle.

Standard and Path standard have no .html file extension, but they have the product_info.php or index.php filename in the middle.

Rewrite And Path Rewrite have no product_info.php or index.php filename in the middle, but have they have the .html extension.

We want the URL to have no file name or file extension like http://www.website.com/example-p-1133

Can we take the ".html" out of one of your \Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r197\uploads\catalog\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\uri_modules\ files?

Also we need to be able to 301 redirect from the old .html file extensions to the new .html free extensions to keep our existing google indexes working.

Can we take the ".html" out of one of your \Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r197\uploads\catalog\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\uri_modules\ files?

Also we need to be able to 301 redirect from the old .html file extensions to the new .html free extensions to keep our existing google indexes working.

You are looking for personalised modifications and this is outside of the scope of support.

If it is a feature request for the future then I'll bear it in mind.

Languages that use special characters are covered in USU5 PRO you need to see ..

documentation/operation.htm

Enter special character conversions

See the character conversion files in ..

extras/character_conversion_pack/

There is one in there named espanol.php but it is empty.

Create your own array of conversions then upload the file to ..

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/character_conversion/

Remember the file must be named the same as your language in osCommerce so ..

If the name of your language in osC is Spanish the file is spanish.php

If the language is espanol then the file is named espanol.php.

Once you have done this reset the cache to produce the new URIs

THANKS!!!

Now work fine!!!

Other problem!!!

The products are displayed randomly, sometimes it comes in first place the product (Pruebá) and other times out in the first position the product (Prueba)

The test is in this url:

http://laertes.es/secret/index.php/aventura-c-31

As I can solve this problem?

Thanks again!!

Now work fine!!!

Other problem!!!

The products are displayed randomly, sometimes it comes in first place the product (Pruebá) and other times out in the first position the product (Prueba)

Product display is nothing to do with this contribution.

Ohh yeah, sorry for mistake, it was downloaded from here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2823

I didn't notice the difference. Is it possible to upgrade it or shall I replace it somehow?

Whether you upgrade or not is entirely up to you .. if you do upgrade there are full upgrade instructions in the package, which is here ...

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768

Whether you upgrade or not is entirely up to you .. if you do upgrade there are full upgrade instructions in the package, which is here ...

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768

I've just finished the upgrade, but it doesn't work at all. When I try run my eshop start page, there is error message:

Fatal error: Class 'Usu_Main' not found in /home/www/drinker.cz/subdomeny/eshop/includes/application_top.php on line 314

in the application_top file it is like this (line 314 starts with Usu_Main...):

/**
 * ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 PRO by FWR Media
 */
 Usu_Main::i()->setVar( 'languages_id', $languages_id )
              ->setVar( 'request_type', $request_type ) 
              ->setVar( 'session_started', $session_started ) 
              ->setVar( 'sid', $SID ) 
              ->setVar( 'language', $language )
              ->setVar( 'filename', $PHP_SELF )
              ->initiate( ( isset( $lng ) && ( $lng instanceof language ) ) ? $lng : array(), $languages_id, $language );
// include the language translations
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

I've just finished the upgrade, but it doesn't work at all.

Contributions tend not to work when you haven't installed them properly.

Why did I react like that? because your immediate reaction was that the contribution was broken rather than you may have made a mistake which annoys me a bit.

Anyway on to your problem.

If the class doesn't exist it simply means you haven't added the code correctly in the file ..

catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

Edited by FWR Media

Hello,

I've installed your last contribution USU 5 PRO.

I have a development in my website that permit me multiple interogation on index page.

I'm working for two days on that and I just can't figured it out.

If I am in a specific category, for example

/index.php?cPath=360

my manufacturers_box is modified to filter only those manufacturers who belong to this category and the link is:

/index.php?cPath=360&manufacturers_id=53

But the new contribution save all these links like this: /index.php?cPath=360 (removing my manufacturers_id key)

Question is: how can I make a new URL for this link, combining the two keys? Is it possible?

I am using the rewrite method. And if you want you can take a look at my website: http://www.e-audio.ro

Hope that you can help me. Thanks.

Hello,

I've installed your last contribution USU 5 PRO.

I have a development in my website that permit me multiple interogation on index page.

I'm working for two days on that and I just can't figured it out.

If I am in a specific category, for example

/index.php?cPath=360

my manufacturers_box is modified to filter only those manufacturers who belong to this category and the link is:

/index.php?cPath=360&manufacturers_id=53

But the new contribution save all these links like this: /index.php?cPath=360 (removing my manufacturers_id key)

Question is: how can I make a new URL for this link, combining the two keys? Is it possible?

I am using the rewrite method. And if you want you can take a look at my website: http://www.e-audio.ro

Hope that you can help me. Thanks.

Hi

The reason this is happening is that manufacturers_id is a dependency of the index page ( showing the manufacturers listings ) .. therefore it is stripped from the querystring.

Were you to use ANYTHING except cPath or manufacturers_id then it would work.

An example for you to try ..

Create a new file in your shop root named testurl.php containing: -

<?php
 include_once 'includes/application_top.php';

echo 'Adding manufacturers_id: <b>' . tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=360&manufacturers_id=52' ) . '</b><br />' . PHP_EOL;

echo 'Adding aardwark_id: <b>' . tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=360&aardwark_id=52' ) . '</b><br />' . PHP_EOL;

include_once DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php';

Browse to the file like www.mysite.com/testurl.php and view the output.

Where you are meant to collect the manufacturers_id from _GET you could just do something like: -

$manufacturers_id = array_key_exists( 'aardwark_id', $_GET ) ? (int)$_GET['aardwark_id'] : '';

Hope that helps you out.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi

The reason this is happening is that manufacturers_id is a dependency of the index page ( showing the manufacturers listings ) .. therefore it is stripped from the querystring.

Were you to use ANYTHING except cPath or manufacturers_id then it would work.

An example for you to try ..

Create a new file in your shop root named testurl.php containing: -

<?php

echo 'Adding manufacturers_id: <b>' . tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=360&manufacturers_id=52' ) . '</b><br />' . PHP_EOL;

echo 'Adding aardwark_id: <b>' . tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=360&aardwark_id=52' ) . '</b><br />' . PHP_EOL;

Browse to the file like www.mysite.com/testurl.php and view the output.

Hope that helps you out.

Thanks for your answer. So there is no way to combine both keys and "translate" them into an url like "category-name-c-45_40_365-manufacturer-name-m-53.html" ? :(

Thanks for your answer. So there is no way to combine both keys and "translate" them into an url like "category-name-c-45_40_365-manufacturer-name-m-53.html" ? :(

[edited]

Yes but it's messy.

Create a new file as before ( testurl.php ) but containing: -

<?php

echo '<a href="' . str_replace( '.html', '', tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=45_40_365' ) ) . '-' . str_replace( HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG, '', tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=53' ) ) . '">Click</a><br />';

echo '<pre>' . print_r( $_GET, true ) . '</pre><br />';

Then add the following RewriteRule to .htaccess: -

RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9-/]+)-c-([0-9_]+)-([a-z0-9-/]+)-m-([0-9]+).html$ testurl.php?cPath=$2&manufacturers_id=$4&%{QUERY_STRING}

That should do it.

Edited by FWR Media

Tried diligently to find a previous answer to this so forgive me if there is one.

Just installed USU5 Pro. Everything works fine with the URLs. My issue is with the sitemap generator that is in the extras. I tried using it because the Google XML Sitemaps contribution wasn't working. I'm getting this error when I try to run http..../usu5sitemaps/index.php:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND cd.language_id = 1' at line 1

SELECT cd2.categories_name AS pName, cd.categories_name AS cName FROM categories c LEFT JOIN categories_description cd2 ON c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND cd2.language_id = 1, categories_description cd WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id AND c.categories_id = AND cd.language_id = 1

[TEP STOP]

Tried diligently to find a previous answer to this so forgive me if there is one.

Just installed USU5 Pro. Everything works fine with the URLs. My issue is with the sitemap generator that is in the extras. I tried using it because the Google XML Sitemaps contribution wasn't working. I'm getting this error when I try to run http..../usu5sitemaps/index.php:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND cd.language_id = 1' at line 1

SELECT cd2.categories_name AS pName, cd.categories_name AS cName FROM categories c LEFT JOIN categories_description cd2 ON c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id AND cd2.language_id = 1, categories_description cd WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id AND c.categories_id = AND cd.language_id = 1

[TEP STOP]

Just had a duh moment. Errors are easier to catch when they're not on a white background I guess. :o

Seems that after "c.categories_id =" there is something missing.

Just had a duh moment. Errors are easier to catch when they're not on a white background I guess. :o

Seems that after "c.categories_id =" there is something missing.

Looks like a corrupt categories table then.

Try this ..

open up the sitemap index.php file ..

Find ..

$categories = buildCategoriesCache();
 foreach ( $categories as $cid => $detail ) {
if( preg_match( '@[0-9_]@', $detail['path'] ) ) {

Change to ..

if ( !tep_not_null( $detail['path'] ) ) continue;

that may ignore the corrupt category( s )

Looks like a corrupt categories table then.

Try this ..

open up the sitemap index.php file ..

Find ..

Change to ..

if ( !tep_not_null( $detail['path'] ) ) continue;

that may ignore the corrupt category( s )

Hmmm didn't work ... What do those @'s in the regex accomplish?

What do those @'s in the regex accomplish?

Regular expressions require delimiters . . there are lots of good tutorials on the web.

Contributions tend not to work when you haven't installed them properly.

Why did I react like that? because your immediate reaction was that the contribution was broken rather than you may have made a mistake which annoys me a bit.

Anyway on to your problem.

If the class doesn't exist it simply means you haven't added the code correctly in the file ..

catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

Thank you for quick response. The contribution itself was installed correctly, but there was other piece of code that caused the problem. I wasn't able to identify the file.

I have to deal with special czech characters (conversion pack doesn't work in this moment) and finaly with the correct path in the .htaccess file, as my path is not shown in the Rewritebase variable.

Thank you for quick response. The contribution itself was installed correctly, but there was other piece of code that caused the problem. I wasn't able to identify the file.

Nope .. your error was ..

Fatal error: Class 'Usu_Main' not found in /home/www/drinker.cz/subdomeny/eshop/includes/application_top.php on line 314

This means you hadn't added the relevant code to the file I mentioned.

I have to deal with special czech characters (conversion pack doesn't work in this moment)

The conversion files work perfectly .. all you have to do is add the correct characters and their replacements to the array and then do two other things ..

• 1] Save the file under the same name as the language in osCommerce ( e.g. language = czech then file = czech.php )
  • 2] Ensure that you save the conversion file as the correct character set

and finaly with the correct path in the .htaccess file, as my path is not shown in the Rewritebase variable.

There are guide instructions for the correct data to put as RewriteBase both in the instructions and in the htaccess.txt file itself.

Good luck getting it workling.

I have to deal with special czech characters (conversion pack doesn't work in this moment) and finaly with the correct path in the .htaccess file, as my path is not shown in the Rewritebase variable.

Czech characters were quite tricky due to coding of the conversion file.

But how should I set the Rewritebase variable if it is running on address http://eshop.drinker.cz

URLs are re-written and working correctly but no images displayed :-( I tried to set it even like this: /home/www/drinker.cz/subdomeny/eshop/ (according to server info) but still have no idea