• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

I don't know how I posted the last time but it doesn't seem to have showed up but that is a different story.....

I have received an out of memory error that goes away when I clear the cache. I read there are files to fix this issue and I was wondering if I could get them. Or if there is a simple tweak I could do the files that would be good too.

Thank you and thank you for the contibution.

Mike

I don't know how I posted the last time but it doesn't seem to have showed up but that is a different story.....

I have received an out of memory error that goes away when I clear the cache. I read there are files to fix this issue and I was wondering if I could get them. Or if there is a simple tweak I could do the files that would be good too.

Thank you and thank you for the contibution.

Mike

Hi Mike

This is generally only for huge shops 10,000 products + ( some examples have 50,000 plus ).

Firstly remove the popup image module in "modules" it is unnecessary. ( was only there for backwards compatibility with the old version 2 ).

Secondly if you feel you have a huge shop send me a pm with your email and I'll return files that don't cache your products.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Mike

This is generally only for huge shops 10,000 products + ( some examples have 50,000 plus ).

Firstly remove the popup image module in "modules" it is unnecessary. ( was only there for backwards compatibility with the old version 2 ).

Secondly if you feel you have a huge shop send me a pm with your email and I'll return files that don't cache your products.

I actually don't have that many products but I do run out of memory every couple of days.... Why I don't know but clearing the cached files fixes the problem....

I have another site quirk that I just figured out but I'll make another post not to muddy this one.

I'll first try to remove the popup image module and see if that stops the site from giving out of memory errors and if it doesn't I'll pm you for the files.

Thank you,

Mike

I have an odd quirk....

In the htaccess file this line wouldn't redirect but just go to our 404 page...

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

So I had to rewrite it to:

RewriteRule ^(.*)/p([0-9]+)/(.*)/product_info\.html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

now I get good 301 redirects. I have no clue why it didn't redirect with the first one (stock with your contrib) but it does with the second.

Mike

P.S. As a FYI a typical link on my site *was* something like:

store/p19/Bighorn-1/1-Box-Silver-/product_info.html

Edited by cheapo

I have an odd quirk....

In the htaccess file this line wouldn't redirect but just go to our 404 page...

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

So I had to rewrite it to:

RewriteRule ^(.*)/p([0-9]+)/(.*)/product_info\.html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

now I get good 301 redirects. I have no clue why it didn't redirect with the first one (stock with your contrib) but it does with the second.

Mike

P.S. As a FYI a typical link on my site *was* something like:

store/p19/Bighorn-1/1-Box-Silver-/product_info.html

Careful because you are changing things that are fine and replacing them with bad code.

USU5 has no known issues at all ( except for caching for massive shops with 10,000 products plus ) .

Edited by FWR Media

Careful because you are changing things that are fine and replacing them with bad code.

USU5 has no known issues at all ( except for caching for massive shops with 10,000 products plus ) .

Any ideas why the redirect wouldn't work as originally written? But mine does?

Thank you for your help,

Mike

Any ideas why the redirect wouldn't work as originally written? But mine does?

Thank you for your help,

Mike

A very broken incoming uri like

[anything] / p [any number of digits] / [anything] / product_info.html

Edited by FWR Media

A very broken incoming uri like

[anything] / p [any number of digits] / [anything] / product_info.html

Those were another contributions way of writing the URLs so google has hundreds of them in its index. So when people click on them they would work with the previous contributions rewrites but wasn't recognized by your rewites....

I am thinking of keeping my version of the rewrites for a month or two until they are "301"ed (so to speak) to the new correct location.

Mike

Those were another contributions way of writing the URLs so google has hundreds of them in its index. So when people click on them they would work with the previous contributions rewrites but wasn't recognized by your rewites....

I am thinking of keeping my version of the rewrites for a month or two until they are "301"ed (so to speak) to the new correct location.

Mike

Your rewrites are wrong .. period .. keep them at your peril. .. your choice.

Your rewrites are wrong .. period .. keep them at your peril. .. your choice.

I don't want peril so what would you recommend for all of the URLs that are in google's index that wont resolve now?

I ask because I would like to not have to lose all of the google links but without those rewrite rules most pages will go to a 404 screen.

Better to have that happen? :'(

Mike

P.S. may make no matter but changed it to:

RewriteRule ^(.*)/p([0-9]+)/(.*)/product_info\.html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2 [R=301,L]

Edited by cheapo

I actually don't have that many products but I do run out of memory every couple of days.... Why I don't know but clearing the cached files fixes the problem....

I have another site quirk that I just figured out but I'll make another post not to muddy this one.

I'll first try to remove the popup image module and see if that stops the site from giving out of memory errors and if it doesn't I'll pm you for the files.

Thank you,

Mike

Well.... I deleted the "Usu_PopUpImage.php" file and then the pop-up images no longer work (FWR 404 page). When I put it back the pop-us show again.

Help please.

Mike

I have a problem with adding items to the baskets with certain characters. SEO for the URL handles them very well but the add to cart button doesn't.

The button code is.

;<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart1.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?>

Exsample of it not working

Is there any easy fix apart from removing the characters from the description.

Robert,

thanks for this contribution. really great. the URL runs perfectly.

But, I have couple question.

1. I dont want to use the product name for the url, I want to use another product's attribute.

so, where can I modify and which part of it should i modify ?

2. before in my product_info I installed some stuffs like TAB that require CSS and js. but now after change the URL, seems like the CSS and js werent connect.

Thank you so much. really appreciate.

Robert,

1. I dont want to use the product name for the url, I want to use another product's attribute.

2. before in my product_info I installed some stuffs like TAB that require CSS and js. but now after change the URL, seems like the CSS and js werent connect.

You are for changes to USU5 that are personal to you and that is outside of the remit of my support of this contribution.

Robert,

You are asking for changes to USU5 that are personal to you and that is outside of the remit of my support of this contribution.

Edited by FWR Media

I have a problem with adding items to the baskets with certain characters. SEO for the URL handles them very well but the add to cart button doesn't.

The button code is.

;<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart1.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?>

Exsample of it not working

Is there any easy fix apart from removing the characters from the description.

Robert would you be able to give me a clue in the right direction. Thanks

Robert would you be able to give me a clue in the right direction. Thanks

A clue to the right direction would have been not to modify USU5 in the first case. I can't help here because: -

1) USU5 is obviously modified or those characters could not appear.

2) It is incorrect to have those characters in a URI

A quote from section 2.3 of RFC 3986:

"Characters that are allowed in a URI but do not have a reserved purpose are called unreserved. These include uppercase and lowercase letters, decimal digits, hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde."

See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

A clue to the right direction would have been not to modify USU5 in the first case. I can't help here because: -

1) USU5 is obviously modified or those characters could not appear.

2) It is incorrect to have those characters in a URI

A quote from section 2.3 of RFC 3986:

"Characters that are allowed in a URI but do not have a reserved purpose are called unreserved. These include uppercase and lowercase letters, decimal digits, hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde."

See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

I haven't modified this mod and if it has been it was unintentional.

Is their any fix or help as I haven't modified the files as it was a fresh upload.

There is no fix needed as "fix" suggests it is broken and it works fine.

With "Remove all special characters" set to true ( which it should be for English ) you would see the following: -

ad759001-sony-ad7590a01-dvdr-6xdvddl-dvdrw-rx6-ram-slim-pata-black-oem

There is no fix needed as "fix" suggests it is broken and it works fine.

With "Remove all special characters" set to true ( which it should be for English ) you would see the following: -

ad759001-sony-ad7590a01-dvdr-6xdvddl-dvdrw-rx6-ram-slim-pata-black-oem

Am I possible missing that database key?

Enable SEO URLs?  	true  	 
Add cPath to product URLs? 	false 	Info 
Add category parent to beginning of URLs? 	true 	Info 
Filter Short Words 	2 	Info 
Output W3C valid URLs? 	true 	Info 
Choose URL Rewrite Type 	rewrite 	Info 
Enter special character conversions 		Info 
Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? 	true 	Info 
Set the number of days to store the cache. 	7 	Info 
Reset SEO URLs Cache 		Info 
Turn degug reporting on/off. 	false 	Info 
Select caching system. 	Database

Am I possible missing that database key?

Enable SEO URLs?  	true  	 
Add cPath to product URLs? 	false 	Info 
Add category parent to beginning of URLs? 	true 	Info 
Filter Short Words 	2 	Info 
Output W3C valid URLs? 	true 	Info 
Choose URL Rewrite Type 	rewrite 	Info 
Enter special character conversions 		Info 
Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? 	true 	Info 
Set the number of days to store the cache. 	7 	Info 
Reset SEO URLs Cache 		Info 
Turn degug reporting on/off. 	false 	Info 
Select caching system. 	Database

No I just miss remembered the name.

Remove all special characters = Remove all non-alphanumeric characters.

I wonder why it isn't working then if I have always had that enabled.

A hard coded link not passing via tep_href_link() ?

Post the code that is producing the link.

Edited by FWR Media