• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

thanks for this awesoem contrib, it is the first SEO contrib that is working for me :)

Just one question: How is it possible to get URL's like this: www.xxx.com/Category/products-name.html WITHOUT the -c-22_27_156 at the end?

http://shop.oktoberfest.de/ got it sorted somehow

Edited by BiBS0N

First, I'd like to say that this is the first SEO URL addon that is working for me.

I have 1 small issue though: on the index.php (and nowhere else) I got the following message:

Warning: file_put_contents(/xxxxxx/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/2_usucache.cache) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /xxxxxxxx/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 35

I was using the search function here and I was able to find some posts where you say that it's the server settings.

I am on my own unix machine and cat set the values as I'd like to. I installed memcahce but that didn't fix the issue. Hope for some insights :)

You say that memcache didn't fix the issue but that's impossible as file_put_contents only relates to the file system cache.

If permission is denied by the server to the ultimate_seo_urls5/cache directory you just have to ensure that it has sufficient permissions.

You say that memcache didn't fix the issue but that's impossible as file_put_contents only relates to the file system cache.

If permission is denied by the server to the ultimate_seo_urls5/cache directory you just have to ensure that it has sufficient permissions.

Yes I got it sorted and edited my original post. I installed the memcache, but not the php5-memcache apache plugin. (you need to install both and restart apache to have it enabled)

Just one additional question: How is it possible to get URL's like this: www.xxx.com/Category/products-name.html WITHOUT the -c-22_27_156 at the end?

Edited by BiBS0N

Yes I got it sorted and edited my original post. I installed the memcache, but not the php5-memcache apache plugin. (you need to install both and restart apache to have it enabled)

Just one additional question: How is it possible to get URL's like this: www.xxx.com/Category/products-name.html WITHOUT the -c-22_27_156 at the end?

You can't with this nor USU5 PRO .. why .. because it is a very bad idea ( in my opinion ).

Categories and products should be identified by a unique identifier, unique identifiers are auto incremented values. For this reason USU5 and USU5 PRO use the -c-xx and -p-xx to provide these unique identifiers.

If it were to use products-name.html

The non unique text products-name is being used as the identifier not only to determine if it is a category or a product but also the id of the product/category .. perhaps saved as an md5() hash representation of the string. So .. if a user adds a product with the same name as another product .. it won't work .. if a user adds a category with the same name as another category .. it won't work .. if a user adds a category with the same name as a product .. it won't work etc. etc.

There are further reasons why it is a bad idea.

With USU5 if a user changes a product name in admin the script can seamlessly redirect the old seo url to the new version because .. we still know the exact product it relates to because it will still have -p-xx. With the other method it simply could not be done.

Edited by FWR Media

Robert,

I am having an issue here and I believe it can be fixed within the redirect function of your addon...

I have Master Products with 4 Slaves in it, that is how my store is set. The problem is than all my slaves are listed on Google Products as if they were an independent product. When browsers click on any of those listings, it takes them to the Slave product page instead of redirecting them to its Master Page.

Not sure if that makes sense, so here is an example:

Here is a link to one of my Master Products Page:

http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai/original-masala-chai-p-186.html

...and

Here is a link to one of its Slave Page:

http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai/masala-chai1oz-29gr-036-pcup-p-187.html

As you will see, there is no point at all in sending traffic to my Slave pages.

Is there anything I can do to redirect all my slaves to their related master?

Thanks Robert!

Yes I have seen this before, one user has 50,000 products and had the same issue, send me a personal email and I'll send back the modded files.

I already have readed the posts before.

I get this error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 27262976) (tried to allocate 4760500 bytes) in /homepages/6/xxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 32

I replaced the line 32 of that file by a big number. 2048, 4096

but nothing.

Started to give this error after I changed by error the products_description column by products_head_desc_tag column.

or probably of big number of items. I don´t know.

What could be the solution.

How can be reset the caché???

In /includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/

I renamed

1_usucache.cache 48KB

2_usucache.cache 170KB

3_usucache.cache 239KB

to

backup_1_usucache.cache

backup_2_usucache.cache

backup_3_usucache.cache

refreshed the page and now there in no error. I don´t know if this could be right or not.

New file appeared 3_usucache.cache 9KB

Edited by bhbilbao

In /includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/

I renamed

1_usucache.cache 48KB

2_usucache.cache 170KB

3_usucache.cache 239KB

to

backup_1_usucache.cache

backup_2_usucache.cache

backup_3_usucache.cache

refreshed the page and now there in no error. I don´t know if this could be right or not.

New file appeared 3_usucache.cache 9KB

You must have a shop with 10s of thousands of products. This means that the cache size is getting to large for the memory available.

1) Remove file: -

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_PopUpImage.php

This is unnecessary and is caching all of the product data.

2) If the problem persists PM me your email and I'll send you some modified files that do not cache the products.

How to disallow indexing of review pages via robots.txt?

Will the following block review-Urls from being indexed:

User-agent: *

Disallow: /shop/*-pr-

Disallow: /shop/*-pri-

Edited by piou

Hello Robert, could you please tell me whether or not my issue with the slaves not re-directing to its master's page has or not anything to do with SEO URLs 5.

Thank you!

Im just trying trying to figure out where the issue may be coming from

Ricardo

Thanks Robert,

I fixed the problem renaming the cache files.

I will delete the popupimage file as you say.

There is also an option in Configuration>KissMT Meta Tags

Reset KissMT Cache false

I don´t know whant makes this option exactly . I turn it on to reset and then I refreshed the index page, but other pages don´t change their metas decrip.

Hi Rob,

Congratulations for your awesome skills and contribution to make this forum work and community. After a couple of days like lots of coffees and read all this topic tests i scrutinized the problem my site had, when i unistalled USU5 i saw that application_top.php code regarding this very good contrib was making my shopping cart return Error! Unable to determine page link.

I read again all this topic and tried all the solutions but my error only goes away when i use catalog/includes/application_top.php from the default installation.

thanks in advance

Well something must not be working with application_top.php since it doesn't show error on client side and if i replace the code for usu shows... and this happens if client adds items to shopping cart, then clicks in goes to product listing and then clicks enters shopping_cart again so would like some answers... thanks in advance

Thanks Robert,

I fixed the problem renaming the cache files.

I will delete the popupimage file as you say.

There is also an option in Configuration>KissMT Meta Tags

Reset KissMT Cache false

I don´t know whant makes this option exactly . I turn it on to reset and then I refreshed the index page, but other pages don´t change their metas decrip.

It empties the cache .. use it .. then take a look at where the cache is saved .. it should have emptied.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Rob,

Congratulations for your awesome skills and contribution to make this forum work and community. After a couple of days like lots of coffees and read all this topic tests i scrutinized the problem my site had, when i unistalled USU5 i saw that application_top.php code regarding this very good contrib was making my shopping cart return Error! Unable to determine page link.

I read again all this topic and tried all the solutions but my error only goes away when i use catalog/includes/application_top.php from the default installation.

thanks in advance

Must be some non standard dodgy code in the shopping cart script as there is no such problem with USU5.

Must be some non standard dodgy code in the shopping cart script as there is no such problem with USU5.

I know your code is ok, but since you know very well what are it's effects, you are in a good position to see faster then anyone where is the issue, since if i just take it out from application_top php it is ok...find this strange, since the only code to change to default shopping_cart.php i have is the code produced by

AJAX shopping_cart contrib by delete - which has online demo working flawless

And minimum order contrib

... Anyway mirko0007 advised me to just:

Ok then I have a little more information to help you

I don't use this addon so don't forgeto make backup!!!

I downloaded SEO5 to find for you good part of code to change and I've got it (I hope) :)

find in includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/Usu_General_Functions.php code:

function osc_href_link( $page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true ) {

if ( !tep_not_null( $page ) ) {
     die( '</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>' );
   }

change to:

function osc_href_link( $page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true ) {

if (!tep_not_null($page)) { 
     $page = basename($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF']); 
   } 

I hope now it will help :)

i don't won't to mess with HTTP_SERVER_VARS and PHP__SELF since they are not secure, so i just comment out the error line die( '</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>' );

I know this is only indirectly related to USU5, but can you check this... thanks in advance

Edited by surcie

Ok i know this is a bit bad for forum navigation so can you check this link here so i dont post my shopping_cart.php code in this topic -> http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/361672-hello-and-help-i-cant-fix-shopping-cartphp/

i know you can find this in like 5-10 mins and i would appreciate some ideas regarding this, thanks in advance

Edited by surcie

I know your code is ok, but since you know very well what are it's effects, you are in a good position to see faster then anyone where is the issue, since if i just take it out from application_top php it is ok...find this strange, since the only code to change to default shopping_cart.php i have is the code produced by

AJAX shopping_cart contrib by delete - which has online demo working flawless

And minimum order contrib

... Anyway mirko0007 advised me to just:

i don't won't to mess with HTTP_SERVER_VARS and PHP__SELF since they are not secure, so i just comment out the error line die( '</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>' );

I know this is only indirectly related to USU5, but can you check this... thanks in advance

if ( !tep_not_null( $page ) ) {
     die( '</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>' );
   }

So $page is being passed through as a null value.

eehh i don't want to be annoying, thanks for your kindness replying :D :)

Another newbieshness i hope you can forgive me... is there any major issue in passing $page as null (since i think this is only happening sitewide when customer returns on the second or third time to it's shopping cart and having it items)... i mean i won't loose session id or anything.

greetings

Edited by surcie

Hi Robert, does your add-on handle non-Latin characters (UTF-8) well?

Yup .. you populate a character conversion file ( array ) for the conversion of your languages "special characters" you then save this file using the correct charset ( e.g. UTF-8 ) the character replacements then work as intended.

Like everything charset based the database charset has to be compatible and the http-equiv charset correct etc.

If this is what you meant.

Edited by FWR Media

Good to know. Will give it a go then. Cheers, mate!

If you have an interest in multi language and multi language SEO you might want to keep an eye out for Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO I may consider starting up the beta test again if I get enough interest.