• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Followed the advice given in Search Engine Friendly URL, to stop using this contribution and switch to the ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media.

However when visitors com via Google all the old url's are still there and will end up on a dead trail.

Is there a possibility to create some kind of page who will at least redirect the customer to the correct page until search engines have updated their lists?

I've tried a 404 page I found in the contributions, but this one doens't seem to work.

Our url's finish like this /PC/Games/Assassins-Creed-2-PC-DVD-Rom-2726/ where I believe it should be relatively easy to re direct this url.

I don't have the knowledge to create this kind of custom redirect page, would there be somebody kind enough to assist?

Regards

Edited by Gameorder

Followed the advice given in Search Engine Friendly URL, to stop using this contribution and switch to the ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media.

However when visitors com via Google all the old url's are still there and will end up on a dead trail.

Is there a possibility to create some kind of page who will at least redirect the customer to the correct page until search engines have updated their lists?

I've tried a 404 page I found in the contributions, but this one doens't seem to work.

Our url's finish like this /PC/Games/Assassins-Creed-2-PC-DVD-Rom-2726/ where I believe it should be relatively easy to re direct this url.

I don't have the knowledge to create this kind of custom redirect page, would there be somebody kind enough to assist?

Regards

USU5 correctly 301 redirects a whole variety of url types including ..

Standard osC

OsC experimental

Traditional seo url

Standard USU5 seo url

BUT .. it's impossible to cover the contributed url scripts so as you suggest you will need to create a script to intercept your old uris and redirect them to the new.

A reasonable way to do this is to include a script near the top of includes/application_top.php, after the configuration has loaded, that checks the $_SERVER key REQUEST_URI ( if available ) for uris matching the old uris of your previous seo url script and if there is a match redirects to the new.

You might use a simple array like ..

$intercept = array( 'PC/Games/Assassins-Creed-2-PC-DVD-Rom-2726/' => HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'assassins-creed-2-p-2726.html' );

Then check for existence maybe like ..

foreach ( $intercept as $old_uri => $new_url ) {
   if ( false !== stripos( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], $old_uri ) ) {
     // Redirect to $new_url here
   }
 }

Edited by FWR Media

USU5 correctly 301 redirects a whole variety of url types including ..

Standard osC

OsC experimental

Traditional seo url

Standard USU5 seo url

BUT .. it's impossible to cover the contributed url scripts so as you suggest you will need to create a script to intercept your old uris and redirect them to the new.

A reasonable way to do this is to include a script near the top of includes/application_top.php, after the configuration has loaded, that checks the $_SERVER key REQUEST_URI ( if available ) for uris matching the old uris of your previous seo url script and if there is a match redirects to the new.

You might use a simple array like ..

$intercept = array( 'PC/Games/Assassins-Creed-2-PC-DVD-Rom-2726/' => HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'assassins-creed-2-p-2726.html' );

Then check for existence maybe like ..

foreach ( $intercept as $old_uri => $new_url ) {
   if ( false !== stripos( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], $old_uri ) ) {
     // Redirect to $new_url here
   }
 }

Hi,

This given option;

Has been considerated, meaning for us that we must create almost 3000 entries.

Did you already implemend the rewrite of the SEF urls in the 301 in this contrib?

Hi,

This given option;

Has been considerated, meaning for us that we must create almost 3000 entries.

Did you already implemend the rewrite of the SEF urls in the 301 in this contrib?

Don't know what you mean by SEF urls, if it is a contribution then no and I have no intention of doing so.

Don't know what you mean by SEF urls, if it is a contribution then no and I have no intention of doing so.

Hi,

We where using this contrib before:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2796

After the warning we saw from you and the incompatibility with KISS header tags we decided to switch, to the SEO urls.

As you sent out this waring we where in the assumption that the re write of those old urls would be done via the by you provided solution.

Hi,

We where using this contrib before:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2796

After the warning we saw from you and the incompatibility with KISS header tags we decided to switch, to the SEO urls.

As you sent out this waring we where in the assumption that the re write of those old urls would be done via the by you provided solution.

No .. and I put up no such warning it was someone else.

I have catered for all standard osCommerce urls and those of the old series 2 seo urls, I cannot be expected to cater for all the other contributions out there especially those that have no structure signifying whether a category url or a products url of the type you posted. How on earth would a script know to redirect the uri you posted? was it a category a product? what about all the other urls that could have potentially have been covered by the contribution?

So no .. I have not included support for any other third party url rewriting contributions and have no intention of doing so.

Hi,

i've some problems with this add-on!

1. i am useing html tags in some product names. for example <br> to break long names! the problem now is, that i find the tags also in the url generated by U-SEO-urls. could you please tell me were the product name quere is? my plan is to remove the tags (strip_tags()) before the url is generated.

2. the canonical url looks the same for every product:

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/catalog/product_info.php" >

for categories it looks like this:

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/catalog/index.php" >

this would be search engine suicid instead of optimization ;-)

FYI i've also installed Header Tags control; http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851

3. urls like: www.example.com/catalog/category-name/product-name.html can only be generated with "AllowOveride set to All"???

regards

Hi,

i've some problems with this add-on!

1. i am useing html tags in some product names. for example <br> to break long names! the problem now is, that i find the tags also in the url generated by U-SEO-urls. could you please tell me were the product name quere is? my plan is to remove the tags (strip_tags()) before the url is generated.

2. the canonical url looks the same for every product:

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/catalog/product_info.php" >

for categories it looks like this:

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/catalog/index.php" >

this would be search engine suicid instead of optimization ;-)

FYI i've also installed Header Tags control; http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851

3. urls like: www.example.com/catalog/category-name/product-name.html can only be generated with "AllowOveride set to All"???

regards

It doesn't sound like you have problems with this addon it sounds like you have problems due to html tags in names ( which shouldn't be there ) and header tags which I don't recommend I recommend KissMT.

1) If you really must have tags in the name ..

Open up includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Products.php and look for ..

$this->link_text = $this->linkText( $row['products_name'] );

As far as the canonical tags etc that is nothing to do with this contribution, I'd recommend getting rid of header tags and installing KissMT.

WOW - this is support! faster than fast

Open up includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Products.php and look for ..

.. this is working fine! great!

i'll check the KissMT and maybe replace the header tags control.

other question: how do i get the .html added to product-name-p1? AllowOveride set to All is not possible on my host!

regards

Ok well the character conversion files work fine .. have you named the character conversion file correctly i.e. the name of the language folder in languages?

yes it is correct "polish"

every character works fine except "ł"

yes it is correct "polish"

every character works fine except "ł"

And what is the charset you are using for polish?

WOW - this is support! faster than fast

.. this is working fine! great!

i'll check the KissMT and maybe replace the header tags control.

other question: how do i get the .html added to product-name-p1? AllowOveride set to All is not possible on my host!

regards

If you cannot use .htaccess RewriteRules then you have to use the standard seo urls. Standard seo urls include the file name like index.php so it wouldn't make sense to have ,html on the end as it is obviously a php file.

Hi there Rob,

I just installed your Ultimate Seo URLs 5 an noticed that it runs not correctly. As soon as I add the /catalog/includes/function/html_output.php the Parameters for the "Anzeigen" Button are lost. You can see it here: http://superdeal.de/nem/creatin-c-3.html

If I switch Ultimate SEO Urls off - the situation is still the same. As soon as i replace the html_output.php everything gets back to normal.

Is there already a solution available?

Best regards

Micha.

After install hitting cat or products product from index>php produces error. Rewrite works fine.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_heading_top_() in /home/gaston/public_html/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 20 no products show

Removing line 20 produces error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_result_bottom() in /home/gaston/public_html/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 245 all products show

removing line 245 produces error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_result_top() in /home/gaston/public_html/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 246

removing line produces error

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/gaston/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 344

removing line 344 produces

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_result_bottom() in /home/gaston/public_html/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 253

removing line 253 everything works as should but all links are wide,except the index.php, have to scroll to see the whole page.

As you can see I am just playing, never had this problem before and I have installed your mod several times.

Thanks Bo

Edited by badbo

Hi there Rob,

I just installed your Ultimate Seo URLs 5 an noticed that it runs not correctly. As soon as I add the /catalog/includes/function/html_output.php the Parameters for the "Anzeigen" Button are lost. You can see it here: http://superdeal.de/nem/creatin-c-3.html

If I switch Ultimate SEO Urls off - the situation is still the same. As soon as i replace the html_output.php everything gets back to normal.

Is there already a solution available?

Best regards

Micha.

Hi Micha

There is not a solution because there is not a problem to be solved, USU5 has no known issues.

So .. it must be in your code. What is the code to produce that button?

Hello Robert,

We solved the problem in the htaccess file. But how do we get this url:

http://www.cartridgeonline.eu/59210091-p-13018.html?language=en

Like this:

http://www.cartridgeonline.eu/en/59210091-p-13018.html

Thanks for the help.

Rgds,

Hans

The only reason for a uri to have ?language=en appended would be a user clicking a language selection button and the standard method for doing this in osCommerce is via GET so it MUST append ?language=en.

The only way to be rid of it would be to change the language selection to POST, something I have done in the PRO version of USU5.

After install hitting cat or products product from index>php produces error. Rewrite works fine.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_heading_top_() in /home/gaston/public_html/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 20 no products show

Removing line 20 produces error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_result_bottom() in /home/gaston/public_html/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 245 all products show

removing line 245 produces error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_result_top() in /home/gaston/public_html/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 246

removing line produces error

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/gaston/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 344

removing line 344 produces

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_result_bottom() in /home/gaston/public_html/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 253

removing line 253 everything works as should but all links are wide,except the index.php, have to scroll to see the whole page.

As you can see I am just playing, never had this problem before and I have installed your mod several times.

Thanks Bo

It's nothing to do with USU5 and nothing to do with osCommerce those errors seem to be caused by some mod. Perhaps in adding the USU5 code you forgot to check if the existing code was modified from standard.

After installing Seo Urls5, I installed a Moneybookers payment module, my admin gives out the following error message:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_get_language) [func-NEWLY-NAMED-ADMIN/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Warning: call_user_func(tep_get_currency) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/woiqqwab/public_html/NEW-ADMIN-NAME/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Thanks in advance for your help

Felix

It's nothing to do with USU5 and nothing to do with osCommerce those errors seem to be caused by some mod. Perhaps in adding the USU5 code you forgot to check if the existing code was modified from standard.

Thanks for looking. Sorry no other mods installed and installed your mod manually and did it three times to see if I had made an error. Loaded the template and then installed your mod only. it is probably in the code on the template but not a mod, none installed not even a shipping or payment mod. I will look at the code to see if I can find anything

Thanks Bo

After installing Seo Urls5, I installed a Moneybookers payment module, my admin gives out the following error message:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_get_language) [func-NEWLY-NAMED-ADMIN/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Warning: call_user_func(tep_get_currency) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/woiqqwab/public_html/NEW-ADMIN-NAME/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Thanks in advance for your help

Felix

Nothing to do with USU5 tep_get_currency must be a part of the payment module, check you followed the instructions correctly.

utf-8

Well if that character is supported by UTF-8 then it should be converted correctly.

If you cannot use .htaccess RewriteRules then you have to use the standard seo urls. Standard seo urls include the file name like index.php so it wouldn't make sense to have ,html on the end as it is obviously a php file.

i can use RewriteRules - only AllowOveride is NOT set to All! anyhow the rewrite is now working. during installation i missed to copy the htaccess.txt.

for what do one needs AllowOveride set to All? is it possible that mod_rewrite enabled is enough?

the canonical is also OK now ... don't know why, but it's working!

greetz

i can use RewriteRules - only AllowOveride is NOT set to All! anyhow the rewrite is now working. during installation i missed to copy the htaccess.txt.

for what do one needs AllowOveride set to All? is it possible that mod_rewrite enabled is enough?

the canonical is also OK now ... don't know why, but it's working!

greetz

AllowOveride does not need to be All for RewriteRules to work .. it is a useful setting to suggest however when RewriteRules are NOT working.