• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Has anyone tested this with Helicon ISAPI_Rewrite?

/Mike

I have been in contact with Helicon about this .. interestingly their version 3 seems to replicate apache mod_rewrite so should work as norm.

If you get any issues using ISAPI rewite I would be glad to help as I would like this aspect to be sown up and solid.

FWR.... As of this morning all the sudden I get this... I havn't change anything. Now I am getting a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error... and Site is down..

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::merge() in /hermes/bosweb/web170/b1702/glo.oggjay/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Categories.php on line 38 

Please help...

FWR.... As of this morning all the sudden I get this... I havn't change anything. Now I am getting a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error... and Site is down..

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::merge() in /hermes/bosweb/web170/b1702/glo.oggjay/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Categories.php on line 38 

Please help...

Can you log into admin?

All the sudden its loading fine now... I absolutely hate my web host.. anyone know of a good webhost..

Now the only issue I ran into after placing a test order is at the checkout_success.php page is when you click continue I get a page not found.. They did just set up my new ssl.. must be related.. Thanks anyway..

FWR... Its doint it again..

what I did last time to fix it was overwrite the USU files.. and it fixed things for awhile.. Now it is failing again.. I can log into Admin fine...

Update...

I just uploaded my backup set of files.. Includes>modules>USU> When I do this everything works.. for a little while..

Edited by Oggster

FWR... Its doint it again..

what I did last time to fix it was overwrite the USU files.. and it fixed things for awhile.. Now it is failing again.. I can log into Admin fine...

Update...

I just uploaded my backup set of files.. Includes>modules>USU> When I do this everything works.. for a little while..

Sounds to me like your hosting doesn't offer gz functions or the php memory allowance on your hosting is too low .. change to the database cache method.

How many categories/products does the site have?

Edited by FWR Media

Sounds to me like your hosting doesn't offer gz functions or the php memory allowance on your hosting is too low .. change to the database cache method.

How many categories/products does the site have?

Maybe 20 categories and 1600 products... Don't understand why all the sudden... Everything was working fine..

Its really weird.. When I get the error if I keep refreshing it will eventually work... sometimes..

Edited by Oggster

Maybe 20 categories and 1600 products...

1600 products creates a sizeable file that has to be inflated/deflated and serialized/unserialized on cheap hosting the php memory allowance may be too small to handle it.

1600 products creates a sizeable file that has to be inflated/deflated and serialized/unserialized on cheap hosting the php memory allowance may be too small to handle it.

What should the php memory allowance be.... Generally.. I will ask them.. Currently hosted with globat.com.. Looking for a new host...

What should the php memory allowance be.... Generally.. I will ask them.. Currently hosted with globat.com.. Looking for a new host...

Just go to admin Tools > Server Info and search for memory_limit

Just go to admin Tools > Server Info and search for memory_limit

Cannot even get to anything now... tracert is failing at the webserver... I am looking @ justhost any opinions.. Reviews seem to be high..

Edited by Oggster

Cannot even get to anything now... tracert is failing at the webserver... I am looking @ justhost any opinions.. Reviews seem to be high..

I think your problem is a screwed server/server service. No I cannot recommend hosting as it is not allowed on this forum. Also I would like to keep this thread to the support of USU5 please.

Edited by FWR Media

I think your problem is a screwed server/server service. No I cannot recommend hosting as it is not allowed on this forum. Also I would like to keep this thread to the support of USU5 please.

Agreed on the Server... I understand on the rest.. Thanks again..

Hello Robert,

Just updated from v96 to v117 and everything vent well with the installation, but I'm getting this now at? (http://www.koolkatjazz.com/catalog/index.php) Fatal error: Call to undefined function usu5_base_filename() in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 43

Please advise

Cheers

The very first part of the instructions was to add that function to compatibility.php

That's what I did, but I will check it again.

Cheers

/**

* USU5 function to return the base filename

*/

function usu5_base_filename() {

// Probably won't get past SCRIPT_NAME unless this is reporting cgi location

$base = new ArrayIterator( array( 'SCRIPT_NAME', 'PHP_SELF', 'REQUEST_URI', 'ORIG_PATH_INFO', 'HTTP_X_ORIGINAL_URL', 'HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ) );

while ( $base->valid() ) {

if ( array_key_exists( $base->current(), $_SERVER ) && !empty( $_SERVER[$base->current()] ) ) {

if ( false !== strpos( $_SERVER[$base->current()], '.php' ) ) {

preg_match( '@[a-z0-9_]+\.php@i', $_SERVER[$base->current()], $matches );

if ( is_array( $matches ) && ( array_key_exists( 0, $matches ) )

&& ( substr( $matches[0], -4, 4 ) == '.php' )

&& ( is_readable( $matches[0] ) ) ) {

return $matches[0];

}

}

}

$base->next();

}

trigger_error( 'USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer.', E_USER_WARNING );

} // End function

?>

Looks right to me, but you tell me since I'm a total nob :-)

Edited by pederb

Looks right to me, but you tell me since I'm a total nob :-)

Well if that function is present and you are sure it is in the catalog file and not the admin file then your application_top.php is wrong.

That function should be called after compatibility.php has been loaded, check to see.

Well if that function is present and you are sure it is in the catalog file and not the admin file then your application_top.php is wrong.

That function should be called after compatibility.php has been loaded, check to see.

Here is the location of the file /public_html/catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php

// set php_self in the local scope

$PHP_SELF = usu5_base_filename();

And this file is here /public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php

Cheers

Here is the location of the file /public_html/catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php

And this file is here /public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php

Cheers

I think you are missing my meaning.

application_top.php should look like this ..

// some code to solve compatibility issues
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'compatibility.php');

// set the type of request (secure or not)
 $request_type = (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';

Notice that compatibility.php is included BEFORE usu5_base_filename() is called .. if the function is in place in compatibility.php you CANNOT get that error.

Aaaaah whooops

in earlier versions (pre RC) compatibility.php is not called until much later on.

In this case .. delete the function from compatibility.php

in application_top.php find ..

Change it to ..

/**
 * USU5 function to return the base filename 
 */
 function usu5_base_filename() {
   // Probably won't get past SCRIPT_NAME unless this is reporting cgi location
   $base = new ArrayIterator( array( 'SCRIPT_NAME', 'PHP_SELF', 'REQUEST_URI', 'ORIG_PATH_INFO', 'HTTP_X_ORIGINAL_URL', 'HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ) );
   while ( $base->valid() ) {
     if ( array_key_exists(  $base->current(), $_SERVER ) && !empty(  $_SERVER[$base->current()] ) ) {
       if ( false !== strpos( $_SERVER[$base->current()], '.php' ) ) {
         preg_match( '@[a-z0-9_]+\.php@i', $_SERVER[$base->current()], $matches );
         if ( is_array( $matches ) && ( array_key_exists( 0, $matches ) )
                                   && ( substr( $matches[0], -4, 4 ) == '.php' )
                                   && ( is_readable( $matches[0] ) ) ) {
           return $matches[0];
         } 
       } 
     }
     $base->next();
   }
   trigger_error( 'USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer.', E_USER_WARNING );
 } // End function

I think you are missing my meaning.

application_top.php should look like this ..

// some code to solve compatibility issues
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'compatibility.php');

// set the type of request (secure or not)
 $request_type = (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';

Notice that compatibility.php is included BEFORE usu5_base_filename() is called .. if the function is in place in compatibility.php you CANNOT get that error.

I modified like this and now it works

Thank you for another great contribution

Cheers

Peder