• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Hi Danut

No I don't know why you are getting a blank page :D

FWR Media....

How do I get rid of this and return to my 404 product not found page....

FWR MEDIAPage not found

The page you were looking for could not be found. Please click the below link to return to Car Stickers Decals

My Site

Thanks...

FWR Media....

How do I get rid of this and return to my 404 product not found page....

Thanks...

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Validator.php

Find ..

include_once usu::$usuPath . 'includes' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'notfound_404.php';

Change to include your own file.

Your file doesn't need to send 404 headers.

Edited by FWR Media

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Validator.php

Find ..

include_once usu::$usuPath . 'includes' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'notfound_404.php';

Change to include your own file.

Your file doesn't need to send 404 headers.

Whats the proper syntax to direct to a page in the root directory... Can't seem to get it to work...

Thanks...

Whats the proper syntax to direct to a page in the root directory... Can't seem to get it to work...

Thanks...

You are not redirecting you are including.

include_once '<pathto my file>filename.php';

You are not redirecting you are including.

Sorry, I must totally brain dead this morning...

include_once("pageerror.php");

Not working...

Thanks for all your help..

Sorry, I must totally brain dead this morning...

Not working...

Thanks for all your help..

I said ..

Not ..

include_once 'filename.php';

If DIR_FS_CATALOG holds the full path as it should use ..

include_once DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pageerror.php';

I said ..

Not ..

include_once 'filename.php';

If DIR_FS_CATALOG holds the full path as it should use ..

include_once DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pageerror.php';

Yup.. I tried that... I just get the Google Oops! page...

It works ... please try it properly before posting back here.

The only possible issue is if your server doesn't allow the including of files that are in root .. in that case move the file out of root.

Edited by FWR Media

Thanks with your instructions I could install more_pic, sts and usu5 together.

Is there chance I modify the url?

I have a test product "Opel Manta tdi" I get this url "localhost/opelmantatdi-p-542.html" but this would be better "localhost/opel-manta-tdi-p-542.html" and i would like to keep "-", like yo-yo should not be "yoyo"

Is it possible?

thanks

spuri

Edited by spuri

Hey there FRW. I installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5. This brought the store down immediately. I removed what I could, combed mysql yet still my pages are being modified.

EX Links on the store home page are formatted like this: www.MYDOMAIN.comdir_ws_adminindex.php. The store directory should be /dmb/shop/.

Thank you in advance.

Daniel

sorry, fixed the issue with backups.

And Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5 is the old version 2 this is the support thread for the new Ultimate Seo Urls 5.

Thanks with your instructions I could install more_pic, sts and usu5 together.

Is there chance I modify the url?

I have a test product "Opel Manta tdi" I get this url "localhost/opelmantatdi-p-542.html" but this would be better "localhost/opel-manta-tdi-p-542.html" and i would like to keep "-", like yo-yo should not be "yoyo"

Is it possible?

thanks

spuri

opel-manta-tdi-p-542.html is the standard behaviour as long as the words filter is less than 3.

Edited by FWR Media

Robert,

Outstanding Google web tools error. Noticing it never left I felt it did merit this post.

/beyond-the-links-m-28.html
beyond-the-links-m-28.html?filter_id=23&sort=4a

*the -links- issue was already resolved.

How I prevent filter_id from getting index with USU5?

Another anomaly, located in my site map. I remember you mentioned something about redirect errors showing in my web master tools.

http://www.13thgreen.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=13&page=1 	Redirect error
http://www.13thgreen.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=93&page=1 	Redirect error

Edited by 32 Degrees

Robert,

Outstanding Google web tools error. Noticing it never left I felt it did merit this post.

/beyond-the-links-m-28.html
beyond-the-links-m-28.html?filter_id=23&sort=4a

*the -links- issue was already resolved.

How I prevent filter_id from getting index with USU5?

Add rel="nofollow" to the link causing the issue.

Trying to see what went wrong here.. installation went fine, installer ran fine, standard rewrites seem to work (although i need to tweak it, as its still displaying category number and OSC ID numbers at the trailing end of the URL), however upon entering the admin page for USU5, i get this warning at the top above the options..

"Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/user/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1196"

Here is the code near that line:

function tep_call_function($function, $parameter, $object = '') {
   if ($object == '') {
     return call_user_func($function, $parameter);
   } elseif (PHP_VERSION < 4) {
     return call_user_method($function, $object, $parameter);
   } else {
     return call_user_func(array($object, $function), $parameter);
   }
 }

This file wasnt modified, as the instructions for installation reference catalog/includes/functions/general.php.

Can someone give me some insight as to whats happening here?

thanks for the contrib and constant updates. i enjoyed a few of your other contribs and posts solving various problems with security concerns, so i naturally went with FWR's SEO contrib. Once i work out these two issues, this will be perfect!

Edited by erihp-42

Trying to see what went wrong here.. installation went fine, installer ran fine, standard rewrites seem to work (although i need to tweak it, as its still displaying category number and OSC ID numbers at the trailing end of the URL), however upon entering the admin page for USU5, i get this warning at the top above the options..

"Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/user/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1196"

Here is the code near that line:

function tep_call_function($function, $parameter, $object = '') {
   if ($object == '') {
     return call_user_func($function, $parameter);
   } elseif (PHP_VERSION < 4) {
     return call_user_method($function, $object, $parameter);
   } else {
     return call_user_func(array($object, $function), $parameter);
   }
 }

This file wasnt modified, as the instructions for installation reference catalog/includes/functions/general.php.

Can someone give me some insight as to whats happening here?

thanks for the contrib and constant updates. i enjoyed a few of your other contribs and posts solving various problems with security concerns, so i naturally went with FWR's SEO contrib. Once i work out these two issues, this will be perfect!

1) Persistent osCsid - this is nothing to do with USU5 and certainly needs nothing in .htaccess, it just means your configuration is wrong .. try searching this in the general forum.

2) function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls($action = false){

Is missing from catalog/ADMIN/includes/functions/general.php please read the insructions.

Oggster... any luck on the fix for this. My custom error page is overridden too. I am also having no luck with this tip... I get the Google Oops! page too.

My 404-error.php is in the catalog folder and htaccess is directed to use it, but it is now sometimes overridden by ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 404 page.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Oggster... any luck on the fix for this. My custom error page is overridden too. I am also having no luck with this tip... I get the Google Oops! page too.

My 404-error.php is in the catalog folder and htaccess is directed to use it, but it is now sometimes overridden by ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 404 page.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Sorry but this is a non issue, as standard USU5 includes perfectly the file via ..

include_once usu::$usuPath . 'includes/notfound_404.php';

If you want to change it it is equally simple just use the full path to your custom 404 page .. if your hosting doesn't like including on that path then move the file somewhere else or modify the USU% file.

Edited by FWR Media

1) Persistent osCsid - this is nothing to do with USU5 and certainly needs nothing in .htaccess, it just means your configuration is wrong .. try searching this in the general forum.

2) function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls($action = false){

Is missing from catalog/ADMIN/includes/functions/general.php please read the insructions.

excellent. i know i made that change but did not save over the file the first time :blink:

all is well now, good to know persistent oscid has nothing to do with your contrib (as i noticed noone else had this problem), thanks for heading me in the right direction.

excellent. i know i made that change but did not save over the file the first time :blink:

all is well now, good to know persistent oscid has nothing to do with your contrib (as i noticed noone else had this problem), thanks for heading me in the right direction.

My pleasure.

I have upgraded from 2.1 to v5 and the linux box I have works fine but my windows one generate a 404 on the index page and all the product pages but no the login.php etc. Could some one point me in the right direction please.

I have tried rewrite and standard neither worth but rewrite worked before. I am using database cache.

Edited by jonathanbastin

I have upgraded from 2.1 to v5 and the linux box I have works fine but my windows one generate a 404 on the index page and all the product pages but no the login.php etc. Could some one point me in the right direction please.

I have tried rewrite and standard neither worth but rewrite worked before. I am using database cache.

Hi you are aware that you cannot use the rewrite method on a Windows server unless you have ISAPI rewrite and use a .htaccess equivalent?

You can however use the standard method, one of the earlier posts here was a user who used ISAPI rewrite and even posted the file.

Actually what would really help me would be if you could send to me (admin(at)fwrmedia(dot)co(dot)uk) a print_r() of $_SERVER as I have limited (virtually no) access to Windows servers and need to be sure the key => values are what I expect.

Edited by FWR Media