• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

1. i had installed this contrib http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851 v 3.1.4 before installing your contrib.. And now it seems that all of my former work with the first contrib not shows in my titles (only the default title shows for all pages) and so on..

Is there any changes i have to do to make my two contribs work together? (The first contrib worked with different titles before intalling your contrib)

2. I also now have links that look like this: www.xxx.se/index.php/barn-c-3?osCsid=317a2723479caf6ae2e432b599024961

Is there a meaning in having the osCsid=317a2723479caf6ae2e432b599024961 or should that be removed? (how)

Thanks

Still wonders about this 1 and 2 questions :rolleyes:

And for last, in the install manual you say that i need to have a linux server to install the Traditional Rewrite Type URIs, how do i know if i have that? :blush:

Still wonders about this 1 and 2 questions :rolleyes:

And for last, in the install manual you say that i need to have a linux server to install the Traditional Rewrite Type URIs, how do i know if i have that? :blush:

Ok this is getting out of the context of USU5 support.

1) There should be no conflict with the header tags contribution if installed correctly.

2) If you have persistent osCsid then your catalog/includes/configure.php settings are wrong .. this is a question that should be asked in the "general" forum" and not this support thread.

Hi Robert,

Another request. I have google base feed installed http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513 , and I just noticed that it relies on seo.class V2.1d to work.

I've restored the 2.1d class and it appears to work again, but I'm guessing this may cause issues?

Thanks for all the help

Steve

Should make no difference 2 series or 5 series .. as long as tep_href_link() is used the uri should be correct.

and I just noticed that it relies on seo.class V2.1d to work.

Wasn't helpful in as much as it offered no information. (what didn't work?)

Should make no difference 2 series or 5 series .. as long as tep_href_link() is used the uri should be correct.

Wasn't helpful in as much as it offered no information. (what didn't work?)

Sorry Robert didn't explain it very well. The google base contribution makes direct use of seo.class.php and fails if it's not present. I'll follow up in the google base thread to see if it's going to be updated to work with V5.

Thanks

Steve

Sorry Robert didn't explain it very well. The google base contribution makes direct use of seo.class.php and fails if it's not present. I'll follow up in the google base thread to see if it's going to be updated to work with V5.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for the explanation .. odd for a generic link producing contribution to be reliant on an "optional" addon.

Hi there,

I am trying to install ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5, and have done all the steps up to the database install.

im not sure what to do here, I am getting the error message

"Cannot connect to database : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)"

I've been looking for an answer online but everyone elses' problems are similar but different,

from what I have read, the problem may be in the config file path to the DB or catalog or something, but I am not confident with php and have no prior experience with phpMyadmin.

i'd greatly appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Tani

heath.jpg

Hi there,

I am trying to install ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5, and have done all the steps up to the database install.

im not sure what to do here, I am getting the error message

"Cannot connect to database : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)"

I've been looking for an answer online but everyone elses' problems are similar but different,

from what I have read, the problem may be in the config file path to the DB or catalog or something, but I am not confident with php and have no prior experience with phpMyadmin.

i'd greatly appreciate it if someone can help me out.

I'm confused .. that is a db connection issue and nothing to do with this contribution .. you do have osCommerce installed and working??

Robert,

First, thank you for this excelent add-on! I really appreciate it.

I've installed it, and everything is working but the "buy it now" button.

The URL it gives is: http://www.artedefazerartesanato.com.br/esculturas-c-36?cPath=36&sort=3a&action=buy_now&products_id=137'>http://www.artedefazerartesanato.com.br/esculturas-c-36?cPath=36&sort=3a&action=buy_now&products_id=137

But it should be: http://www.artedefazerartesanato.com.br/index.php/esculturas-c-36?cPath=36&sort=3a&action=buy_now&products_id=137

I see in this forum that someone else had this problem too. But I didn't find a solution.

I'm using standard mode and I have the following in configure.php:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

Thanks,

Guilherme

Robert,

First, thank you for this excelent add-on! I really appreciate it.

I've installed it, and everything is working but the "buy it now" button.

The URL it gives is: http://www.artedefazerartesanato.com.br/esculturas-c-36?cPath=36&sort=3a&action=buy_now&products_id=137'>http://www.artedefazerartesanato.com.br/esculturas-c-36?cPath=36&sort=3a&action=buy_now&products_id=137

But it should be: http://www.artedefazerartesanato.com.br/index.php/esculturas-c-36?cPath=36&sort=3a&action=buy_now&products_id=137

I see in this forum that someone else had this problem too. But I didn't find a solution.

I'm using standard mode and I have the following in configure.php:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

Thanks,

Guilherme

Hi

There is obviously an issue here if two people have experienced it but I can't replicate the issue locally. I really need to see the site and do some debugging to find where the problem is.

I just looked at your site but couldn't see the buy now buttons.

Thanks for the explanation .. odd for a generic link producing contribution to be reliant on an "optional" addon.

Yes indeed. Found out this morning that leaving the 2.1d seo.class.php in place had a very nasty side affect on the V5 installation.

I hadn't appreciated that the class has the ability to install the V2.1 database entries on the fly. This effectively crippled V5 which lead to me having to restore the database (thankfully I had a current backup!!)

Yes indeed. Found out this morning that leaving the 2.1d seo.class.php in place had a very nasty side affect on the V5 installation.

I hadn't appreciated that the class has the ability to install the V2.1 database entries on the fly. This effectively crippled V5 which lead to me having to restore the database (thankfully I had a current backup!!)

I think the moral of this particular story is .. don't leave version 2 application_top.php code in place when you are running version 5.

Hi

There is obviously an issue here if two people have experienced it but I can't replicate the issue locally. I really need to see the site and do some debugging to find where the problem is.

I just looked at your site but couldn't see the buy now buttons.

I hide them since they are buggy ;)

What can I do to help you debbuging this?

Guilherme

I hide them since they are buggy ;)

What can I do to help you debbuging this?

Guilherme

Is it a live shop? I'd like to get ftp access and run some debugging code.

Thank you for this great addon. I've installed it, and it seems to work properly. My only problems is with the french specials characters, that are not translated.

I've read carefully the posts about this point, and I've understood that there should be translations files in the character_conversion folder. But i've downloaded both r63 and r67, and this directory is empty in both cases.

So I've created a french.php in this directory (as the file in catalog/includes/languages/), and copy it the user contribution posted here :

<?php
$char_convert = array('à' => 'a', 'â' => 'a', 'æ' => 'ae', 'ç' => 'c',
					'é' => 'e', 'è' => 'e', 'ê' => 'e', 'ë' => 'e',
					'î' => 'i', 'ï' => 'i', 'œ' => 'oe', 'ô' => 'o',
					'ù' => 'u', 'û' => 'u', 'À' => 'A', 'Â' => 'A',
					'Æ' => 'AE', 'Ç' => 'C', 'È' => 'E', 'É' => 'E',
					'Ê' => 'E', 'Ë' => 'E', 'Î' => 'I', 'Ï' => 'I',
					'Œ' => 'OE', 'Ô' => 'O', 'Ù' => 'U', 'Û' => 'U',
					'€' => 'Euros');
?>

But it doesn't change anything. I try to reset the cache in the configuration, but it didn't changed anything.

I supposed I missed a step, but which one ?

Thank you for this great addon. I've installed it, and it seems to work properly. My only problems is with the french specials characters, that are not translated.

I've read carefully the posts about this point, and I've understood that there should be translations files in the character_conversion folder. But i've downloaded both r63 and r67, and this directory is empty in both cases.

So I've created a french.php in this directory (as the file in catalog/includes/languages/), and copy it the user contribution posted here :

<?php
$char_convert = array('à' => 'a', 'â' => 'a', 'æ' => 'ae', 'ç' => 'c',
					'é' => 'e', 'è' => 'e', 'ê' => 'e', 'ë' => 'e',
					'î' => 'i', 'ï' => 'i', 'œ' => 'oe', 'ô' => 'o',
					'ù' => 'u', 'û' => 'u', 'À' => 'A', 'Â' => 'A',
					'Æ' => 'AE', 'Ç' => 'C', 'È' => 'E', 'É' => 'E',
					'Ê' => 'E', 'Ë' => 'E', 'Î' => 'I', 'Ï' => 'I',
					'Œ' => 'OE', 'Ô' => 'O', 'Ù' => 'U', 'Û' => 'U',
					'€' => 'Euros');
?>

But it doesn't change anything. I try to reset the cache in the configuration, but it didn't changed anything.

I supposed I missed a step, but which one ?

The language conversion files are in the "character_conversion_pack" folder of the downloaded package.

If you want to use one (e.g. french.php)

1) Open the file and check that the conversions in the array are correct.

2) Upload the file to the (probably empty) directory ..

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/character_conversion/

I finally made it work by deleting the files, and adding the conversion directly in the admin.

It works everywhere except in the categories column on the left.

I'm not familiar with osCommerce, and this site was not installed by me. I know the installer did some change directly in the code.

Do you have any clue on what have been changed to make the conversion works everywhere except in the category column ?

In what files should I look ?

Thanks.

I finally made it work by deleting the files, and adding the conversion directly in the admin.

It works everywhere except in the categories column on the left.

I'm not familiar with osCommerce, and this site was not installed by me. I know the installer did some change directly in the code.

Do you have any clue on what have been changed to make the conversion works everywhere except in the category column ?

In what files should I look ?

Thanks.

I would imagine that the categories are cached and therefore are showing old uris.

admin>Tools>Cache Control

Reset the cache entries

Hi

I installed the SEO URL 5 and it seems to be working great. I just have one issue: I had this contribution installed http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1480 and it seems that now when I use the drop down menu it just re-directs to Page 404 Page not found. I guess this is because the method of URL creation has changed, but I'm not that good with my codes.

Please can you offer advice on how to fix it so I can continue to use the Drop down menu as I have many categories, sub and sub-sub-categories and so the drop down is a real massive timesaver.

If you want to see what I mean the site is www dot totallytoto dot com.

Thanks,

Quentin

I would imagine that the categories are cached and therefore are showing old uris.

admin>Tools>Cache Control

Reset the cache entries

The cache is not active on this website...

And the rest of your addons works perfectly on thoses categories. I can activate/descactivate, change type to htaccess or normal, it's works perfectly. Only the caracters conversions...

You can see it on

test dot lesvinsquejaime dot net

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi

I installed the SEO URL 5 and it seems to be working great. I just have one issue: I had this contribution installed http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1480 and it seems that now when I use the drop down menu it just re-directs to Page 404 Page not found. I guess this is because the method of URL creation has changed, but I'm not that good with my codes.

Please can you offer advice on how to fix it so I can continue to use the Drop down menu as I have many categories, sub and sub-sub-categories and so the drop down is a real massive timesaver.

Thanks,

Quentin

The drop down menu doesn't work because the cPaths are wrong

What should be ..

cPath=203_251

Is presented as ..

cPath=_203_251

I had a quick look at the contribution but could see no dropdown in the categories code.

The cache is not active on this website...

And the rest of your addons works perfectly on thoses categories. I can activate/descactivate, change type to htaccess or normal, it's works perfectly. Only the caracters conversions...

You can see it on

test dot lesvinsquejaime dot net

Thanks a lot for your help.

All I see are empty uris .. like ..

/-p-66.html

Hi

Thanks,

Quentin

Try the following to fix your broken contribution ..

includes/boxes/categories.php

Find ...

$categories_array[] = array('id' => $path . $parent_id . '_' .$categories['categories_id'],

Change to ...

$categories_array[] = array('id' => ltrim($path . $parent_id . '_' .$categories['categories_id'], '_'),

All I see are empty uris .. like ..

/-p-66.html

This is weird... I see the url by me... For exemple the first "appellation" on the left :

hxxp://test.lesvinsquejaime.net/collioure-banyuls-c-64.html

You do not have the same result ???

The language conversion files are in the "character_conversion_pack" folder of the downloaded package.

Doooh !!

the bug was between the chair and the computer, as usual... ;)

So I uploaded this files (wich seems like the exact copy of the one I manually did, without the comments), and tadaaam ! it works, even in the category box on the left !

I can't understand why.

But you could run some test to see if the conversion works for the categorie menu when you use the configuration directive and not the file...

Thanks a lot anyway :)