• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Hmmm that looks ok as it is actually .. when installed add a product to cart from product_listing (long line of products) then in the cart click continue which should take you back to the list of products.

Hover over all the products and make sure they don't all have the same products_id.

this mod was actually nothing to do with this module but eradicated a bug in osCommerce . . the bug only showed itself with ultimate seo urls 2 and your code may well have been a fix for it already.

I added a product from the product_listing page. Then in the cart I clicked continue and it brought me back to the product info page (not the product listing page). Hmmm... not sure why... do you have any thoughts on that?

Aside from that, by the way, the contribution works great! =D Many thanks again!

Justin

I added a product from the product_listing page. Then in the cart I clicked continue and it brought me back to the product info page (not the product listing page). Hmmm... not sure why... do you have any thoughts on that?

Aside from that, by the way, the contribution works great! =D Many thanks again!

Justin

As I mentioned before .. your site has altered that code, if you used the code from the contribution it would work correctly.

To work with links manager 2:

catalog/.htaccess

Find ...

# Links contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Change to ...

# Links contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_links.php

Replace the complete method public function acquire($dependency)

With ..

public function acquire($dependency){
if ( is_numeric(str_replace('_', '', $dependency)) ){
  $this->lPath = $dependency;
} else {
  return false;
}
if ( false !== strpos($dependency, '_') ){
  $single_lpath = (int)ltrim(strrchr($dependency, '_'), '_');
} else {
  $single_lpath = (int)$dependency;
}  
// Bypass the query if already in the registry
if ( false !== isset(usu::$registry->{$this->dependency}[$this->lPath]) ){
  usu::$performance['queries_saved']++;
  return true;
}
$placeholders = array( ':lPath', ':languages_id' );
// $values are already type cast
$values = array( $single_lpath, usu::$languages_id );
$this->query = str_replace($placeholders, $values, $this->base_query);
$result = usu::query( $this->query );
$this->query = null;
$row = tep_db_fetch_array( $result );
tep_db_free_result( $result );
if ( false === $row ){
  return false;
}
$this->link_text = $this->linkText($row['lName']);

if ( false === isset(usu::$registry->{$this->dependency}) ){
  usu::$registry->{$this->dependency} = array();
}
usu::$registry->attach($this->dependency, $this->lPath, $this->getProperties());
 } // End method

In future releases this will be called Usu_links2.php and Usu_links.php will be moved to a new directory in the contribution called "old contribution modules"

Thanks!!! Works perfectly

Regards

Steve

PLEASE HELP! I am not real familiar with this contribution or auto installs.

When I installed I got the error:

Cannot open file '.htaccess' for writing. Check if the file exists or try to change file permissions and click the "Retry" button.

i tried to change permissions on the .htaccess file in ftp but it would not allow write from public.

When in the administration panel it appears that SEO URL installed and on my site. All the navigation buttons work for the main structure of the site (eg. home, new products, specials, my accounts, contact us) but the links to all my products result in a page not found 404 error.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sitara

www.clicknswim.com

Edited by madstarr

PLEASE HELP! I am not real familiar with this contribution or auto installs.

When I installed I got the error:

Cannot open file '.htaccess' for writing. Check if the file exists or try to change file permissions and click the "Retry" button.

i tried to change permissions on the .htaccess file in ftp but it would not allow write from public.

When in the administration panel it appears that SEO URL installed and on my site. All the navigation buttons work for the main structure of the site (eg. home, new products, specials, my accounts, contact us) but the links to all my products result in a page not found 404 error.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sitara

www.clicknswim.com

You are in the wrong support forum .. this is the new Ultimate Seo Urls 5 .. you have the old 2 series.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for a great add on. :)

After installing Manually and double checking that I had done it correctly, I got the the following error message in the admin section.

Seo Urls 5	  

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func.html]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in (removed full directory list)\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 1195
Title 	Value 	Action 
Enable SEO URLs? 	true 	 
Turn degug reporting on/off. 	true 	Info 
Reset SEO URLs Cache 		Info 
Set the number of days to store the cache. 	7 	Info 
Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? 	false 	Info 
Enter special character conversions 		Info 
Choose URL Rewrite Type 	rewrite 	Info 
Output W3C valid URLs? 	true 	Info 
Filter Short Words 	3 	Info 
Add category parent to beginning of URLs? 	true 	Info 
Add cPath to product URLs? 	false 	Info 
Select caching system. 	FileSystem 	Info

It works fine and the URL rewrites are great, but I'm concerned about this error. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks

Hi Robert,

Thanks for a great add on. :)

After installing Manually and double checking that I had done it correctly, I got the the following error message in the admin section.

Seo Urls 5	  

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func.html]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in (removed full directory list)\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 1195
Title 	Value 	Action 
Enable SEO URLs? 	true 	 
Turn degug reporting on/off. 	true 	Info 
Reset SEO URLs Cache 		Info 
Set the number of days to store the cache. 	7 	Info 
Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? 	false 	Info 
Enter special character conversions 		Info 
Choose URL Rewrite Type 	rewrite 	Info 
Output W3C valid URLs? 	true 	Info 
Filter Short Words 	3 	Info 
Add category parent to beginning of URLs? 	true 	Info 
Add cPath to product URLs? 	false 	Info 
Select caching system. 	FileSystem 	Info

It works fine and the URL rewrites are great, but I'm concerned about this error. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks

You missed out a part of the admin install you should have added function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls to the bottom of admin/includes/functions/general.php

you may have added it to catalog/includes/functions/general.php by mistake.

Edited by FWR Media

You missed out a part of the admin install you should have added function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls to the bottom of admin/includes/functions/general.php

you may have added it to catalog/includes/functions/general.php by mistake.

DOH!

Your right, I had put it in the wrong file, thanks for that. :)

Hi Robert,

All is running smoothly with this contribution! I have 2 general questions about its performance...

1 - Does it have to have the product id appended to the URL (is this a security measure in case 2 products have the same name)? For example, /catalog/product-name-p-123.html. Can the "-p-123" be removed?

2 - Is it possible to have each category as a "subdirectory" for the URL, or somehow include them in the URL? For example, a product "product-name" in the subcategory "subcategory" in the main category "category" would come out like /catalog/category/subcategory/product-name.html or /catalog/category-subcategory-product-name.html?

I wasn't sure if either of those could be a setting to change in .htaccess, or if that would require a lot more coding.

Thanks again for a great contribution!

Justin

Hi Robert,

All is running smoothly with this contribution! I have 2 general questions about its performance...

1 - Does it have to have the product id appended to the URL (is this a security measure in case 2 products have the same name)? For example, /catalog/product-name-p-123.html. Can the "-p-123" be removed?

2 - Is it possible to have each category as a "subdirectory" for the URL, or somehow include them in the URL? For example, a product "product-name" in the subcategory "subcategory" in the main category "category" would come out like /catalog/category/subcategory/product-name.html or /catalog/category-subcategory-product-name.html?

I wasn't sure if either of those could be a setting to change in .htaccess, or if that would require a lot more coding.

Thanks again for a great contribution!

Justin

Hi Justin

USU5 like the 2005 original uses -p-123 (retained for compatibility), there has to be some method of passing the products_id/cPath through to the osCommerce script .. there are other seo url contributions that use pure text .. BUT .. pure text is an intangible/unreliable whereas e.g. products_id/cPath are unique as dictated by MySQL autoincrement.

So the answer to the first question is that they are essential.

Regarding path based uris ... www.mysite.com/my/great/product/p/123 I have purposely NOT included this feature for two reasons ..

Firstly it is effectively a lie .. that directory structure does not exist and the best of the bots are not stupid (well they are they are bots but you get the idea).

Secondly it is now suggested that Google bot is stepping back through directory paths and as these paths are not real is likely to create problems.

I thought about it and I know that software such as Drupal use such paths but decided against it.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Justin

USU5 like the 2005 original uses -p-123 (retained for compatibility), there has to be some method of passing the products_id/cPath through to the osCommerce script .. there are other seo url contributions that use pure text .. BUT .. pure text is an intangible/unreliable whereas e.g. products_id/cPath are unique as dictated by MySQL autoincrement.

So the answer to the first question is that they are essential.

Regarding path based uris ... www.mysite.com/my/great/product/p/123 I have purposely NOT included this feature for two reasons ..

Firstly it is effectively a lie .. that directory structure does not exist and the best of the bots are not stupid (well they are they are bots but you get the idea).

Secondly it is now suggested that Google bot is stepping back through directory paths and as these paths are not real is likely to create problems.

I thought about it and I know that software such as Drupal use such paths but decided against it.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your response! That was very insightful and informative. For the path based uris, would the second example I gave be feasible? Having it come out like /catalog/category-subcategory-product.html?

The reason I ask - say my site sells candles, and they are displayed/named by scent. So when you click on, say, the 'apple' scented candle, the URL is just /catalog/apple-p-123.html, which doesn't help with the SEO too much. But say that 'apple' product is in a 'candle' category, having it come out /catalog/candle-apple-p-123.html would help more.

Let me know what you think when you get a moment.

Thanks again! =)

Justin

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your response! That was very insightful and informative. For the path based uris, would the second example I gave be feasible? Having it come out like /catalog/category-subcategory-product.html?

The reason I ask - say my site sells candles, and they are displayed/named by scent. So when you click on, say, the 'apple' scented candle, the URL is just /catalog/apple-p-123.html, which doesn't help with the SEO too much. But say that 'apple' product is in a 'candle' category, having it come out /catalog/candle-apple-p-123.html would help more.

Let me know what you think when you get a moment.

Thanks again! =)

Justin

I'll have a think about this .. it has been requested before. It could certainly be added and at no overhead as the registry already has the category names.

Just installed your latest (_r67) Ultimate SEA urls. Upgraded from v2.0 Followed all your instructions and it works fine on the localhost

However, when I installed this on the server I have one (major) problem ! Hope you can help.

when I access www.mydomainname.com I get your Page not found.

when clicking on the domain name link on the page not found, it goes to mydomainname.com/index.php and all is well.

Plus I'm stuck in a redirect loop.

Edited by usvi4me

Just installed your latest (_r67) Ultimate SEA urls. Upgraded from v2.0 Followed all your instructions and it works fine on the localhost

However, when I installed this on the server I have one (major) problem ! Hope you can help.

when I access www.mydomainname.com I get your Page not found.

when clicking on the domain name link on the page not found, it goes to mydomainname.com/index.php and all is well.

Plus I'm stuck in a redirect loop.

That is nowhere near enough info to go on but ..

Did you have the old 2 series Seo Urls on this site before you added USU5?

What type of server?

Which version of PHP?

You say all is well with index.php are you saying that all the seo urls function correctly and it is ONLY site root that has a problem?

Edited by FWR Media

YES

What type of server?

Apache version2.2.11 (Unix)

Which version of PHP?

Php 5.2.9

You say all is well with index.php are you saying that all the seo urls function correctly and it is ONLY site root that has a problem?

Yes - as far as the links showing correctly on the mydomainname.com/ ..........-.......html BUT when you click on the link, I receive the redirect loop error

Maybe because I do not have the latest oscommerce ??

YES

What type of server?

Which version of PHP?

Php 5.2.9

Yes - as far as the links showing correctly on the mydomainname.com/ ..........-.......html BUT when you click on the link, I receive the redirect loop error

Show you site

Show your .htaccess file content here

And paste a link to the screenshot picture of your seo 5 configuration settings in your message

Stanislav

YES

What type of server?

Which version of PHP?

Php 5.2.9

The root of your site is not an seo url .. why there is a redirect loop I can't imagine .. a link to your site would be some help .. perhaps you have additional RewriteRules in .htaccess?

Show you site

Show your .htaccess file content here

And paste a link to the screenshot picture of your seo 5 configuration settings in your message

Stanislav

with the

Stanislav,

Thanks for responding. I've started to remove this contribution from the live site. Thank goodness for back-ups. Are you planning to add an auto installer for this contribution and if yes, can it upgrade from the SEO_URL v2.0 contribution ?

Stanislav,

Thanks for responding. I've started to remove this contribution from the live site. Thank goodness for back-ups. Are you planning to add an auto installer for this contribution and if yes, can it upgrade from the SEO_URL v2.0 contribution ?

Any auto installer is written for exact version.

It is difficult to write an "Auto upgrate" script that will be able to upgrade from 2.0 , ... 2.2 or 2.7 (not exact version) to the exact version 5

You'd better find out what version you have and uninstall it manually.

Then Install v5 as all others do.

I have an idea to write a SEO Pack (SEO URLs + Header Tags + Site Map) with auto install

Let me know what you think

Stanislav

Thanks for responding. I've started to remove this contribution from the live site. Thank goodness for back-ups. Are you planning to add an auto installer for this contribution and if yes, can it upgrade from the SEO_URL v2.0 contribution

Sigh! .. this contribution needs no auto installer it is simple. If you can't do the basics of file changes then you can't use osCommerce for your shop system.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi,

I've been upgrading my store on a test server and just installed this contribution. It works great so far - I appreciate all the hard work.

I have just one question about the 404 page. Is it possible to turn the 404 page back into the default oscommerce 'product not found' page? I'd like to be able to keep the header and left and right columns the way the default does. If I try to edit the 404 file I can't include header.php and the others without errors.

Or what files would I look in if I wanted mess around a bit? ^_^

Thanks!

i have try your seo with the upgrade instruction in Revision 67 for users of version 2.1d

everything was easy to do however when i go to my site link look like this: product_info.php/airstep-570208-boots-p-13662

and this isn't working. wiht version 2.1d i had no problems and everything works without any problems.

do you know whats wrong?

als i was wondering why the seo isn't looking more like www.domain.com/catogory/boots/airstep-570208.html

i this not possible?

thanks

Marcel

i have try your seo with the upgrade instruction in Revision 67 for users of version 2.1d

everything was easy to do however when i go to my site link look like this: product_info.php/airstep-570208-boots-p-13662

and this isn't working. wiht version 2.1d i had no problems and everything works without any problems.

do you know whats wrong?

als i was wondering why the seo isn't looking more like www.domain.com/catogory/boots/airstep-570208.html

i this not possible?

thanks

Marcel

Ok you posted this once in the dev forum and then here so I'll just put the same answer..

Marcel

USU5 has two seo options .. one requires .htaccess rewrites .. the other does not (it is in the instructions)

When first installed USU5 automatically produces standard seo urls like ..

my-great-product-p-37

To change settings to the "traditional" seo urls there is a setting in admin the rewrite urls will look the same as the old seo urls e.g.

my-great-product-p-37.html