• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

images not appearing in IE although they are displayed in FF

BarrySmith

certainly assuming you're not worried about the zoom image.

this should help http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=316038

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Sam, Jim,

Thanks for your help guys.

I have managed to resolve the issue with images not appearing on my site. You were right the wrong colour combination had been used and that is why the images were not being displayed. Howyou managed to find that out I have no idea! Eitherway i owe yo ua big thank you. :rolleyes:

One side note, is there a way that the images can be displayed a bit more better as when they are shrunk they do not look that good?

Regards. Barry.

The color mode chosen (YCbCrk) for your images was derived from RGB, not supported by all versions of IE and suported only in Firefox 3 and above. Thus, re-saving them to jpeg format will not work, at least not directly. Doing so will save them back to the same color mode.

However, there is a way to convert JPG(YCbCrk) to JPG(YCbCr)

Using Irfanview, a free image editor, you can do batch conversion.

Your original pictures JPG-->convert them to ---> PNG or GIF--->convert them to-->JPG

After the conversion, the quality of the images is virtually the same from the original, smaller file size,

and works with IE.

The color mode chosen (YCbCrk) for your images was derived from RGB, not supported by all versions of IE and suported only in Firefox 3 and above. Thus, re-saving them to jpeg format will not work, at least not directly. Doing so will save them back to the same color mode.

However, there is a way to convert JPG(YCbCrk) to JPG(YCbCr)

Using Irfanview, a free image editor, you can do batch conversion.

Your original pictures JPG-->convert them to ---> PNG or GIF--->convert them to-->JPG

After the conversion, the quality of the images is virtually the same from the original, smaller file size,

and works with IE.

Bryce,

That worked a treat. It was really easy to batch convert the images to the correct format. Thanks for that!

Moving on, I have noticed that a competitors site has much smaller images that on my site. Would you or anyone else have an idea how they managed to keep the images looking so viewable and at the same time made them small? I am concerned about naming them as they may not like it buy the url goes like snore and then the word store and is a uk domain.

Thanks and regards. Peter.

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have an oscommerce based website and have ~ the same problem.

In FF works fine, in IE7 the pictures don't apear, BUT if you right click and "show image" it apears. I simply can't understand what is the problem.

I even tryed to resave the images with irfanview like someone sayd but no luck.

Anybody any ideea ?

The link is www.lenjerie.com.ro

Thanks.

Hello,

I have an oscommerce based website and have ~ the same problem.

In FF works fine, in IE7 the pictures don't apear, BUT if you right click and "show image" it apears. I simply can't understand what is the problem.

I even tryed to resave the images with irfanview like someone sayd but no luck.

Anybody any ideea ?

The link is www.lenjerie.com.ro

Thanks.

Your PM said

Hello,

I have a site in oscom and have the same problem like you had on www.kimcairy.com, can you please tell me how did you fix the problem ?

Thanks.

I did not reply to any other post in this thread, I do not use IE7, and the site mentioned is not mine.

Archived