button selects that option and the spinner gif

appears with no error but the order isn't

updated in the top or bottom boxes...

My question du jour is, would you happen to know the

sequence of events that transpires upon clicking the

shipping method radio button- I conjectured that it

began in checkout.php and then went to checkout/checkout.js

but when I tested this theory, by commenting out the

two instances involving the setPaymentMethod: (in checkout.php)

1. echo $onePageCheckout->setPaymentMethod($_POST['method']);

2. onePage.setPaymentMethod($(':radio[name=payment]:checked'));

(I used payment method because I hadn't altered that code)

yet even though these two instances were commented out,

I was still able to click the cash on delivery option and it

worked as before with no error popup which was unexpected

and very mystifying, where does this click event originate?

I confess this code is pretty advanced (for moi) and after

struggling for the past 2 days, have reached the point where

maybe I should just speak up and ask the resident onepage wizard

for some guidance as far as where does the code initially respond

when a shipping method is selected?

Thanks for any insight, I hope you could follow this better than I

can follow that code!

jk

Hello all

I have looked around and haven't seen a resent thread on this. It seems that MVS and Google Checkout don't want to work together. I have tried installing one and then the other and vice versa. They both seem to want to occupy the same areas of code. Where one wants a line removed the other wants to insert itself between those lines. When I have tried to move them around all I get is one working or the other. I need MVS and I can live without GC but I would like both if possible.

Hi Steve and all,

I've been bouncing around this thread and attempting to

merge onepage checkout with mvs for about a week,

and managed to get 2 vendors to display with their

separate shipping methods and clicking the radio

button selects that option and the spinner gif

appears with no error but the order isn't

updated in the top or bottom boxes...

My question du jour is, would you happen to know the

sequence of events that transpires upon clicking the

shipping method radio button- I conjectured that it

began in checkout.php and then went to checkout/checkout.js

but when I tested this theory, by commenting out the

two instances involving the setPaymentMethod: (in checkout.php)

1. echo $onePageCheckout->setPaymentMethod($_POST['method']);

2. onePage.setPaymentMethod($(':radio[name=payment]:checked'));

(I used payment method because I hadn't altered that code)

yet even though these two instances were commented out,

I was still able to click the cash on delivery option and it

worked as before with no error popup which was unexpected

and very mystifying, where does this click event originate?

I confess this code is pretty advanced (for moi) and after

struggling for the past 2 days, have reached the point where

maybe I should just speak up and ask the resident onepage wizard

for some guidance as far as where does the code initially respond

when a shipping method is selected?

Thanks for any insight, I hope you could follow this better than I

can follow that code!

jk

Hi

It might start or this is also involved includes/classes/onepage_checkout.php

Steve

Hello all

I have looked around and haven't seen a resent thread on this. It seems that MVS and Google Checkout don't want to work together. I have tried installing one and then the other and vice versa. They both seem to want to occupy the same areas of code. Where one wants a line removed the other wants to insert itself between those lines. When I have tried to move them around all I get is one working or the other. I need MVS and I can live without GC but I would like both if possible.

Hi,

Isnt google checkout button meant to be in shopping_cart.php

Steve

Hi

It might start or this is also involved includes/classes/onepage_checkout.php

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response and clue, it looks like includes/classes/onepage_checkout.php

is a buncha functions, so it might not be the start but I agree with you that it puts

its two bits in somewhere, right now I'm tracing the activity in public_html/checkout.php,

specifically:

if ($onepage['shippingEnabled'] === true){

// 4-5-10 original - added MVS if (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 0 ) {

if (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 0 || SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {

(I added the || SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') to comply with MVS but actually

the tep_count_shipping_modules() was incorrectly failing even when NOT using MVS-

(not sure why tep_count_shipping_modules() was returning 0)

anyway,

if ($onepage['shippingEnabled'] === true){

appears to be close enough to begin "stalking it" to modify it for MVS

at least I have my fingers crossed - which makes it very difficult to type!

on a side note, I came across this modification that may be of interest

// 4-8-10 used below, does both get and clean $shippingMethod = ob_get_contents();

$shippingMethod = ob_get_clean();

// 4-8-20 used above, does both get and clean ob_end_clean();

jk

This is a wonderful contribution! =)

The only problem is PayPal Standard is not showing up at checkout. This is my only payment method at this time. When I checkout there are no payment methods listed. Before adding this contribution PayPal Standard works fine and I have gotten plenty of sales with this method. Has anyone had this same issue? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tabitha

Thanks for the response Steve

The problem isn't with the GC button. When you checkout and use the button, it takes you to Google. It doesn't add shipping charges. After removing MVS it works fine. Like wise when I remove GC and use MVS it works fine. After studying the code in the similar files I found that where GC wants some lines removed and there's added, MVS wants those lines to stay and be placed in between them. I have tried inserting the GC code in various places around the MVS code with no success.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the great contribution.

I have a little problem. I would like to expand the shipping method as soon we enter city. How do I do that. I tried changing the code in checkout.js from:

if($(this).attr('name')=='shipping_country' || $(this).attr('name')=='shipping_zipcode' || $(this).attr('name')=='delivery_state')

to

if($(this).attr('name')=='shipping_country' || $(this).attr('name')=='shipping_zipcode' || $(this).attr('name')=='delivery_state' || $(this).attr('name')=='billing_city')

But that also not helping. Can you help me?

Thanks and Regards,

Suvi Joseph

Thanks and regards,

Suvi Joseph

Create Mobile Website / Corporate team outing

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the great contribution.

I have a little problem. I would like to expand the shipping method as soon we enter city. How do I do that. I tried changing the code in checkout.js from:

if($(this).attr('name')=='shipping_country' || $(this).attr('name')=='shipping_zipcode' || $(this).attr('name')=='delivery_state')

to

if($(this).attr('name')=='shipping_country' || $(this).attr('name')=='shipping_zipcode' || $(this).attr('name')=='delivery_state' || $(this).attr('name')=='billing_city')

But that also not helping. Can you help me?

Thanks and Regards,

Suvi Joseph

Hi Suvi,

Try using billing_city or shipping_city

Steve

Hi,

Try moving all the javascript in checkout.php to inside the <head></head> tags

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks, but I think that I have all the javascript code in the HEAD. The HEAD in this page is from lines 245 to 616.

Sorry, one more question, have somebody the contrib translated to Spanish?

I can't have it multilingual...

Thanks so much¡¡

Javier

Hi Steve,

I was wondering if you could help me? After implementing this contribution PayPal Standard is not showing up at checkout. This is my only payment method at this time. When I checkout there are no payment methods listed. Before adding this contribution PayPal Standard worked fine and I have gotten plenty of sales with this method. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tabitha

Hi Steve,

I was wondering if you could help me? After implementing this contribution PayPal Standard is not showing up at checkout. This is my only payment method at this time. When I checkout there are no payment methods listed. Before adding this contribution PayPal Standard worked fine and I have gotten plenty of sales with this method. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tabitha

Hi Tabitha,

Did you upload the paypal standard that came with one page checkout ?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks, but I think that I have all the javascript code in the HEAD. The HEAD in this page is from lines 245 to 616.

Sorry, one more question, have somebody the contrib translated to Spanish?

I can't have it multilingual...

Thanks so much¡¡

Javier

Hi i have translated most of it using systransoft.com

pm me with your email if you want the language file

Steve

Hi Steve and everyone.

Thanks to Steve I have had one page checkout working fine, until a customer said they couldnt checkout with a different shipping address...

I have tested it and this is the case:

You fill in your billing address as usual, and it will load the payment and shipping modules, but if you tick the box to ship to a different address and fill it in only the payment modules load leaving the shipping section saying:

Please fill in at least your billing address to get shipping quotes.

Even though the billing address is fully filled in...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Julian

Hi i have translated most of it using systransoft.com

pm me with your email if you want the language file

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have the translation -thanks so much¡¡- but the problem is not all the contrib all multilingual, isn't it?

My best regards,

Javier

Hi Steve and everyone.

Thanks to Steve I have had one page checkout working fine, until a customer said they couldnt checkout with a different shipping address...

I have tested it and this is the case:

You fill in your billing address as usual, and it will load the payment and shipping modules, but if you tick the box to ship to a different address and fill it in only the payment modules load leaving the shipping section saying:

Please fill in at least your billing address to get shipping quotes.

Even though the billing address is fully filled in...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Julian

I have no idea, but have the same issue exact issue with a different shipping address.

Furthermore I have two additional related issues:

2) when I change country to country 2, shipping methods change, but the shipping section in order_total is not being updated.

3) further changing to country 3 does not update the available shipping options anymore.

P.S. Can you recommend any good background materials that would help me understand what is happening in the ajax/json bits ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I have no idea, but have the same issue exact issue with a different shipping address.

Furthermore I have two additional related issues:

2) when I change country to country 2, shipping methods change, but the shipping section in order_total is not being updated.

3) further changing to country 3 does not update the available shipping options anymore.

P.S. Can you recommend any good background materials that would help me understand what is happening in the ajax/json bits ?

Hi

See if there demo site does the same thing if it does report it as a bug to email in install guide

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have the translation -thanks so much¡¡- but the problem is not all the contrib all multilingual, isn't it?

My best regards,

Javier

Hi Javier,

No its not, you will need to search for the english text then replace it with defines ie <?php echo TEXT_CREATE_ACCOUNT; ?>

then add a define in the checkout.php language file

define('TEXT_CREATE_ACCOUNT','create an account');

note some of the hard coded english output will also be in includes/checkout out folder

to help find the text you want to make language changes to, download simple search and replace and uses it to find the text

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded One Page Checkout 1.2 and the only files in the modules section is paypal_express.php and paypal_ipn.php. I do not see a Paypal Standard file to upload. Am I missing something? However, I did implement the code described within the install instructions.

Tabitha

Hi

See if there demo site does the same thing if it does report it as a bug to email in install guide

Steve

I've sent an email through the contact form.

Do you happen to know the difference in use between deliveryAddress and shippingAddress ?

Wondering if there is a mistake somewhere as both are used in different places in includes/checkout/checkout.js file

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Installed the latest version of One Page Checkout...seems to work fine in calculating tax amount and shipping charges and checking the validity of the form fields, but when it comes to place the order using the sample credit card number I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /homepages/5/d180349627/htdocs/galaxy_test/checkout_success.php on line 186

I checked the file and actually line 186 of checkout_success.php had no code or anything there! just a blank line...tried moving the ?> tag down on line 186 (since it was on line 185) but that did not change anything.

any idea of how I could work this out?

I've sent an email through the contact form.

Do you happen to know the difference in use between deliveryAddress and shippingAddress ?

Wondering if there is a mistake somewhere as both are used in different places in includes/checkout/checkout.js file

i think that is used if shipping address is same as billing address, but i cant say for sure

Steve

Installed the latest version of One Page Checkout...seems to work fine in calculating tax amount and shipping charges and checking the validity of the form fields, but when it comes to place the order using the sample credit card number I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /homepages/5/d180349627/htdocs/galaxy_test/checkout_success.php on line 186

I checked the file and actually line 186 of checkout_success.php had no code or anything there! just a blank line...tried moving the ?> tag down on line 186 (since it was on line 185) but that did not change anything.

any idea of how I could work this out?

Hi

re-follow instructions on install for checkout_proccess.php you have a } missing

Steve

Hi

re-follow instructions on install for checkout_proccess.php you have a } missing

Steve

Hi Steve

I followed your advice for checkout_process.php and also re-followed the instructions for checkout_success.php (which was the page containing the initial parse error) and that solved the issue. Thank you for the quick reply.

Good day.

Sorry for my English. it's very poor, but I try to describe a problem.

First - many thanx for this contribution.

In my checkout process I need only 2 required fields "First Name" and "email " (it's a user login). Other are optional.

I edited billing_adrress.php (just delete class="required" :

<td class="main" width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('billing_lastname', (isset($billingAddress) ? $billingAddress['lastname'] : ''), 'class="required" style="width:75%;float:left;"'); ?></td>

to

<td class="main" width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('billing_lastname', (isset($billingAddress) ? $billingAddress['lastname'] : ''), 'style="width:75%;float:left;"'); ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('billing_country', (isset($billingAddress) && tep_not_null($billingAddress['country_id']) ? $billingAddress['country_id'] : ONEPAGE_DEFAULT_COUNTRY), 'class="required" style="width:80%;float:left;"'); ?><div class="success_icon ui-icon-green ui-icon-circle-check" style="margin-left: 3px; margin-top: 1px; float: left;" title="false" /></td>

to

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('billing_country', (isset($billingAddress) && tep_not_null($billingAddress['country_id']) ? $billingAddress['country_id'] : ONEPAGE_DEFAULT_COUNTRY), 'style="width:80%;float:left;"'); ?><div class="success_icon ui-icon-green ui-icon-circle-check" style="margin-left: 3px; margin-top: 1px; float: left;" title="false" /></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('billing_street_address', (isset($billingAddress) ? $billingAddress['street_address'] : ''), 'class="required" style="width:80%;float:left;"'); ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('billing_street_address', (isset($billingAddress) ? $billingAddress['street_address'] : ''), 'style="width:80%;float:left;"'); ?></td>

<td class="main" width="33%"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('billing_city', (isset($billingAddress) ? $billingAddress['city'] : ''), 'class="required" style="width:80%;float:left;"'); ?></td>

<td class="main" width="33%"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('billing_city', (isset($billingAddress) ? $billingAddress['city'] : ''), 'style="width:80%;float:left;"'); ?></td>

deleted (don't need it)

<td class="main" width="33%"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('billing_zipcode', (isset($billingAddress) ? $billingAddress['postcode'] : ''), 'class="required" style="width:80%;float:left;"'); ?></td>

After fill in required fields form do nothing I can't check billing and shipping options.

If I add

<td class="main" width="33%"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('billing_zipcode', (isset($billingAddress) ? $billingAddress['postcode'] : ''), 'class="required" style="width:80%;float:left;"'); ?></td>

without class="required" I can select billing and shipping method. But I don'd need ZIPCODE.

1. How make "required" fields - "optional" correct ?

Is it enought to delete class="required"? What other changes I should to do ?

Why ZIPCODE field wait for action ?

2. I don't need column "Shipping Address" "Shipping address" always = "Billing address".

Can I switch it off ? Becouse after any action Popup message updating Shipping address.

6234bed74cd7.jpg

Edited by bawler