• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One Page Checkout Support

Awesome contribution!

I like everything, and I have read through this entire Support Thread and still haven't found the answer to Johnny's questions.

The most important issues to me are the shipping one.

If you do change the shipping method from one to another it updates it and charges that price.

BUT if you change and update the shipping method like above, remove the items from the basket then you add another product it will charge you the previous shipping price from the item you just removed from your cart. UNLESS you change the shipping options from 2nd day air to ground (just an example).

Hopefully we can get this resolved because I know my customers will love this contribution!

Awesome contribution!

I like everything, and I have read through this entire Support Thread and still haven't found the answer to Johnny's questions.

The most important issues to me are the shipping one.

If you do change the shipping method from one to another it updates it and charges that price.

BUT if you change and update the shipping method like above, remove the items from the basket then you add another product it will charge you the previous shipping price from the item you just removed from your cart. UNLESS you change the shipping options from 2nd day air to ground (just an example).

Hopefully we can get this resolved because I know my customers will love this contribution!

I also noticed they are using flat rate on his shipping for the test website.

I also noticed they are using flat rate on his shipping for the test website.

itwebexperts.com have asked that you report any bugs to them, i see he has uploaded another version 1.1 to fix a login issue

Regarding shipping method already selected in catalog\includes\checkout\shipping_method.php try

find

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($quotes[$i]['methods']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
// set the radio button to be checked if it is the method chosen
		$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);
?>

now comment out

//$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

Edited by steve_s

Have you checked that all your store settings in admin are set to display tax.

Configuration mystore, modules order total, tax zones, and your product is set to vat or taxable products whichever it is you use.

The tax displays fine on the standard install as far as i can tell.

Johnny

Hi Johnny

Everything working (shopping cart show right price etc) but with this contribution my prices are without VAT. Everything else working great this moment but those price without VAT is something weird i can say.

Checkout page shows prices without VAT and when look to shopping cart there is prices with VAT. :blink:

Hi Johnny

Everything working (shopping cart show right price etc) but with this contribution my prices are without VAT. Everything else working great this moment but those price without VAT is something weird i can say.

Checkout page shows prices without VAT and when look to shopping cart there is prices with VAT. :blink:

My fault! Missed one thing in my store settings

Regarding shipping method already selected in catalog\includes\checkout\shipping_method.php try

find

$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);
?>

now comment out

//$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

Hi Steve,

that helps solve that problem, easy when you know what the right code is or where to look, I have found lots of things difficult with this module.

WE can but keep on plodding to get it ressolved.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

I have installed this contrib but i am having a problem with the shipping not showing/ adding up to the total at the bottom of the page, i only need flat rate shipping which on my site is called Standard Delivery any ideas on how i can get this working i havetried a couple of things but cant sort it. Below is an image of what i have at the moment

checkout.jpg

Thanks

Andy

I have installed this contrib but i am having a problem with the shipping not showing/ adding up to the total at the bottom of the page, i only need flat rate shipping which on my site is called Standard Delivery any ideas on how i can get this working i havetried a couple of things but cant sort it. Below is an image of what i have at the moment

checkout.jpg

Thanks

Andy

Please submit that to www.itwebexperts.com with screenshot

find

?>

now comment out

That does solve the one problem with the shipping already being highlighted as the lowest shipping charge and not adding it to the total price.

BUT

It does not solve the issue with this scenario:

If a customer adds something to car, clicks the shipping method (shipping price "A"), then empties the cart, and adds another (different/same) item to the cart the shipping price "A" is already factored into the final price without them selecting a shipping method.

This isn't two big of a deal but I know a lot of my customers like to see how much overnight shipping is then if they empty their cart and try to purchase something else they might be turned away without even realizing that the shipping could be cheaper.

That does solve the one problem with the shipping already being highlighted as the lowest shipping charge and not adding it to the total price.

BUT

If a customer adds something to car, clicks the shipping method (shipping price "A"), then empties the cart, and adds another (different/same) item to the cart the shipping price "A" is already factored into the final price without them selecting a shipping method.

This isn't two big of a deal but I know a lot of my customers like to see how much overnight shipping is then if they empty their cart and try to purchase something else they might be turned away without even realizing that the shipping could be cheaper.

I am going to give it one more shot then will have to consider an alternative, I have been able to get the shipping address and billing address to change in STS, by removing the section of java code in checkout.php so it uses the default shipping and billing address files, it also takes you back when they have been compleated tothe checkout.php.

So I guess I need to rewrite that code so it works in sts and normal osc shop.

BUT

Solved now, in the sense at least the shipping method shows the right value for cart contents regardless of add/remove or quantity change.

I've been waiting for working version of this kind of contrib for ages. And this one looks very promising, but this thread consists mainly of problems people have had with it, and I'm not clear on how many of those remain.

So has the latest update to this contribution solved all the major issues that have been mentioned in this thread?

Along the way, someone mentioned the Dynamo Effects commercial addon, and having had a look at that, it seems to function the same as this one. Like some others have said, I'm nervous about modifying a working (but heavily modded) store with a contrib that still has serious issues. I think I'd rather pay the $150 to have one that's tried and tested than spend days or more patching up this one.

While I'm at it, does anyone have any input on how this one-page checkout has affected conversion rates?

I've been waiting for working version of this kind of contrib for ages. And this one looks very promising, but this thread consists mainly of problems people have had with it, and I'm not clear on how many of those remain.

So has the latest update to this contribution solved all the major issues that have been mentioned in this thread?

Along the way, someone mentioned the Dynamo Effects commercial addon, and having had a look at that, it seems to function the same as this one. Like some others have said, I'm nervous about modifying a working (but heavily modded) store with a contrib that still has serious issues. I think I'd rather pay the $150 to have one that's tried and tested than spend days or more patching up this one.

While I'm at it, does anyone have any input on how this one-page checkout has affected conversion rates?

I suggest you try it as to be fair there are very few mods needed to change it and you can switch it off and use your normal stire.

If I can get my sts issue sorted I will be using the module.

Johnny

I've been experimenting with One Page Checkout in my test site for a few days and this looks very promising.

I upgraded (or reinstalled the whole thing again) to the newest release and this is what is happening:

I fill my cart...go to checkout...I choose to login as an existing customer. I login, all is well, the address fields are now populated and then I choose my payment method, my preferred shipping and click Continue.

Then...I get hit with an Internet Explorer popup window error message that says: Billing Address Errors: The Password Confirmation must match your Password.

So, I click OK to kill the box and I'm stuck.

Thing is...and I stumbled on this by accident...if I then go and remove an item from my cart at the top of my checkout.php screen and then click Continue at the bottom to try and make the purchase again....it now works and allows me to move forward and complete my purchase.

Anyone else seeing that?

- Andrea

Looks like I need to go back and test some more with my installation, as far as I can tell the checkout.php file has changed and the installation slightly.(editing of osc stock files).

I am having an issue with my billing address now, which funnily enough is not populating on the first load of the page suspect its a session problem, which is something they fixed for shipping address so need to double check my installation.

But I will say its almost useable, in fact I could use it with sts if I can get the address buttons to work in sts.

Be nice to see some screen shots of the problems folk are getting with version 1.03.

Those that just uploaded the files may want to check there was no change on the install instructions and they may need to modify a file.

Johnny

Hello osc-community,

first many thanks for this greatful contribution!!

I have two problems with it and i hope, somebody can help me:

1.) how can i translate the buttoms from the pop-up-window to select/change the payment_adress and/or the shipping_adress to german

(ave a look on the picture):

opc_pic1.JPG

2.) i have install the following payment_methods:

a. paypal

b. secupay

c. money order

d. cash on delivery

e. invoice (only for good customers)

and

f. cash on fetching

and i have install the following shipping_methods:

a. zones

b. pickup

With the contrib "ship2pay" i control, that only can choice the shipping_methods a. if one of the payment_methods a.-e. selected.

If the customers selected the payment_method f., he can only choice the shipping_method b.

In the "normal" checkout-way i have no problems with this relation between payment_method and shipping_method.

If a customer select on the first page the shipping-method "zones" he see on the next page only the payment-methods a.-e.

Selected the customer the shipping-method "pickup" he see and can only selected on the next page the payment-method "cash on fetching"

With the contrib "one page checkout" the customers see all shipping-methods and payment-methods, but if he selected "zones" and "cash on fetching"

he get an error-message like "There was an error setting payment method, please inform IT Web Experts about this error." Or the other way, the

customer selected "pickup" and one of the payment-methods "paypal, secupay, money order, ...." he get the same error-message.

What can i do???????????????????????????

Sorry for my bad english, my german is better ;-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hello osc-community,

first many thanks for this greatful contribution!!

I have two problems with it and i hope, somebody can help me:

1.) how can i translate the buttoms from the pop-up-window to select/change the payment_adress and/or the shipping_adress to german

(ave a look on the picture):

opc_pic1.JPG

2.) i have install the following payment_methods:

a. paypal

b. secupay

c. money order

d. cash on delivery

e. invoice (only for good customers)

and

f. cash on fetching

and i have install the following shipping_methods:

a. zones

b. pickup

With the contrib "ship2pay" i control, that only can choice the shipping_methods a. if one of the payment_methods a.-e. selected.

If the customers selected the payment_method f., he can only choice the shipping_method b.

In the "normal" checkout-way i have no problems with this relation between payment_method and shipping_method.

If a customer select on the first page the shipping-method "zones" he see on the next page only the payment-methods a.-e.

Selected the customer the shipping-method "pickup" he see and can only selected on the next page the payment-method "cash on fetching"

With the contrib "one page checkout" the customers see all shipping-methods and payment-methods, but if he selected "zones" and "cash on fetching"

he get an error-message like "There was an error setting payment method, please inform IT Web Experts about this error." Or the other way, the

customer selected "pickup" and one of the payment-methods "paypal, secupay, money order, ...." he get the same error-message.

What can i do???????????????????????????

Sorry for my bad english, my german is better ;-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You need to find out where the button names are defined, I suspect the checkout.php language file, but I dont have the files to hand so cant check for you right now.

The other issue I amnot sure about, best to contact IT Web experts.

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

thank you for your answer.

You need to find out where the button names are defined, I suspect the checkout.php language file, but I dont have the files to hand so cant check for you right now.

i search in all contrib-files, but i can´t find the location.....it`s exasperating :'(

Hi Johnny,

thank you for your answer.

i search in all contrib-files, but i can´t find the location.....it`s exasperating :'(

I would look at the includes/languages/english/checkout.php file and copy it to your german directory and edit one of the address fields and see if it updates. as thats the only place where I can see new address and edit address being defined.

I would also check that the change has worked by opening a new internet browser session.

Johnny

Hi

has anyone managed to get the change address buttons to work in sts for this mod, as I am struggling like mad to get that to work, the rest appears to be fine.

Thanks

Johnny

Just wondering what if you copied includes/checkout into your template folder see what happens then