• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Setup Paypal Website Payments Standard

patrickalexson

FYI, I spoke with paypal over the phone. You need a business account set up so that customers can pay via paypal without having to open up new account. Personal and Premier accounts won't be enough.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I also installed the PayPal Standard Website Payments module in my osc 2.3.1 shop.

I got it all figured out so far, payments through sandbox are going okay, but I still have one issue:

After completing payment the PayPal website doesn't return to my shop url automatically. The buyer has 2 options; return to the shop (needed for confirmation e-mails and close the order) or he can choose to go to his PayPal account. This last option will propably cause the order never to be completed (checkout_process.php / checkout_success.php will never be reached). And yes, I did setup a callback url (checkout_process.php) in my Paypal preferences... how to make sure the buyer will be redirected to the shop after payment?? (these tests are done in sandbox)

• 4 weeks later...

Any hope of getting this updated? Paypal has moved stuff around and the instructions no longer make sense.. to me at least.

Just call me Dewed ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

i have followed the steps in the process at the beginning of this thread and i also have a business paypal account but when my clients go to checkout and pay, there is no option for them to pay with their credit or debit card without a paypal account.

could any one help?

if you need any more info just let me know.

cheers

Paul

Hi, I also installed the PayPal Standard Website Payments module in my osc 2.3.1 shop.

I got it all figured out so far, payments through sandbox are going okay, but I still have one issue:

After completing payment the PayPal website doesn't return to my shop url automatically. The buyer has 2 options; return to the shop (needed for confirmation e-mails and close the order) or he can choose to go to his PayPal account. This last option will propably cause the order never to be completed (checkout_process.php / checkout_success.php will never be reached). And yes, I did setup a callback url (checkout_process.php) in my Paypal preferences... how to make sure the buyer will be redirected to the shop after payment?? (these tests are done in sandbox)

I do believe that if you have turned on auto return and also have the option to allow payments without a paypal account, the customer gets an option to return to the site and is not automatically returned. I think the customer gets an option to create a paypal account instead.

https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/GB/en_GB/files/developer/PP_WebsitePaymentsStandard_IntegrationGuide.pdf

Go to page 280.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hi everyone,

i have followed the steps in the process at the beginning of this thread and i also have a business paypal account but when my clients go to checkout and pay, there is no option for them to pay with their credit or debit card without a paypal account.

could any one help?

if you need any more info just let me know.

cheers

Paul

Have you actually checked and found the option not there. I had customers saying the same and there is a text link on the payment page, which paypal obviously dont want people to find.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

Same issue here. I do not get a credit card option in PayPal Standard. I have set up many PayPal accounts and never had this problem except in OS Commerce. I do not see anywhere within PayPal to 'select' to take credit cards and I have never had to before. What am I missing?

Thank you for nice tutorial.

I do not get a credit card option in PayPal Standard. I have set up many PayPal accounts and never had this problem except in OS Commerce. I do not see anywhere within PayPal to 'select' to take credit cards and I have never had to before. What am I missing?

Sorry, I guess I poted this earlier.

• 4 weeks later...

Last October I set this module up on my system. It works fantastic. However, I also have the Super Download Manager. Last week I decided to do some "marketing" and setup a number of "Group" items. I quickly discovered that while the option to pay by "Check/Money Order" works perfectly, the "PayPal Payments Standard" system does not seem to know about "groups" in the download system. SQL shows that it posts "Group_Files-1" into the "orders_products_filename" field. It would seem that this module doesn't know that when it sees "Group" in the "products_attributes_download" db that it needs to go draw the data from the "groups" db's. The standard "Check/Money Order" module works perfectly but I can't seem to find where the problem is within the Paypal module. Can someone help me?

Archived