• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

If the articles are listed in the sitemap on your shop and not in google then google is not accepting it for some reason. You will need to check the errors they provide in your google account.

Hi Jack

I went through my google webmaster tool error msgs, but i cannt find any error related to Article Manager.

The article is showing in my onsite sitemap and google not index it, Are you sure it is not the problem with Google XML Sitemap SEO? Cos I cannt find the article link in XML files generated by Google XML Sitemap SEO.

I attached error msgs.

googlesitemapseo1.jpg

googlesitemapseo2.jpg

googlesitemapseo3.jpg

googlesitemapseo4.jpg

I also tried to use direct sitemap link http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/sitemapindex.xml to check the originally generated files, but I noticed the last modification date was 08/11/2010 thats well old. I double checked files permission on:

sitemapcategories.xml

sitemapindex.xml

sitemapmanufacturers.xml

sitemappages.xml

sitemapproducts.xml

sitemapspecials.xml

all set to 705, same as my image directory.

However, the file gss.xsl is 604.

It seems the google sitemap SEO is not update itself for some reason. Has it to do with gss.xsl been set to 604?

Thanks

Edited by dontlike2pay

However, the file gss.xsl is 604.

It seems the google sitemap SEO is not update itself for some reason. Has it to do with gss.xsl been set to 604?

Sorry Jack, I found the problem. I forgot to set cron job for the sitemap to generate upto dated sitemaps.

thanks

Hi,

I have installed the latest package of this contribution as described, got no errors when executing the sql query. I can see the Google XML SEO option in admin panel. But when I try to create a sitemap I get this error:

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

I tried to change to Alternate mode or turn on the diagnostics option but there is no additional info, just this message. Anyone has an idea? Thanks.

Edited by bcetin

I have installed the latest package of this contribution as described, got no errors when executing the sql query. I can see the Google XML SEO option in admin panel. But when I try to create a sitemap I get this error:

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

I tried to change to Alternate mode or turn on the diagnostics option but there is no additional info, just this message. Anyone has an idea? Thanks.

That's not an error from the contribution. You can try looking at the error log but if that doesn't provide any help, then you will need to ask your host to look at it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've installed this addon and it works perfect.

I just have a couple of questions:

1) When I add an new product/page, will it automatic update the sitemap?

2) I've added the sitemaps to my Google account, will it ping Google automatic when updatet, or should I do it?

Edited by VilBaz

A bit of history:

When I wrote the Dynamic Sitemap contribution, I didn't include an option to create sitemaps since I knew there would be a compatibility issues and Chemo had already written Google XML Sitemap, which this one is based on. The purpose of the Dynamic Sitemap contribution was to provide an on-site site map while this one provides an off-site site map (both are needed for best SEO results). When someone added the option to Dynamic Sitemap to submit sitemaps, the problems started. I abandoned it at that point and wrote Sitemap SEO, which is superior to Dynamic Sitemap in all ways.

So I recommend replacing Dynamic Sitemap with Sitemap SEO and then use this contribution to create your sitemaps.

Im trying it also. But it gets an error.

The script don´t generates the xml for products(error), specials(empty) and standard pages(empty).

I had problems with fopen and renamed to sitemap.class.php, and replaced code to $this->savepath = '/homepages/6/xxxxxxx/htdocs/';

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Write /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapcategories.xml
Generated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

Write /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapmanufacturers.xml
Generated Google Manufacturers Sitemap Successfully

Write /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapspecials.xml
Generated Google Specials Sitemap Successfully

Write /home/www/mysite.com/sitemapindex.xml
Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 26214400) (tried to allocate 710 bytes) in /homepages/6/xxxxxxx/htdocs/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 630

Edited by bhbilbao

1) When I add an new product/page, will it automatic update the sitemap?

2) I've added the sitemaps to my Google account, will it ping Google automatic when updatet, or should I do it?

The maps are updated and google is notified when the script is ran. You can do that manually by going to http://your_site.com/googlesitemap/index.php or wait until the cron job runs.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Im trying it also. But it gets an error.

The script don´t generates the xml for products(error), specials(empty) and standard pages(empty).

I had problems with fopen and renamed to sitemap.class.php, and replaced code to $this->savepath = '/homepages/6/xxxxxxx/htdocs/';

I'm not clear about what you are asking but I don't support altered code (too many variations - not enough time), so you are on your own with that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The only code altered is where you explained in post #9 and #12.

Did you run the test routine? Did you try the altenate file?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

With the original sitemap.class.php file:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_email_address' in 'where clause'

SELECT products_id as pID, products_date_added as date_added, products_last_modified as last_mod, products_ordered
		    FROM products
			WHERE products_status='1' and customers_email_address = '' and quotes_email_address = ''
			ORDER BY products_ordered DESC

[TEP STOP]

So that i read the instructions and used sitemap.class_Alternate.php renaming it to sitemap.class.php (for avoid problems with fopen) and making changes to the line i described in the post before.

The Script only generates the xml for index, manufacturers and categories. Error for products, and withe for the rest.

Could be problem of the more of 50000products on the shop???

At the end of the log says ..".. out of memory.."

Edited by bhbilbao

Could be problem of the more of 50000products on the shop???

At the end of the log says ..".. out of memory.."

The script will create the extra sitemaps if the number is too large but your server is probably failing before that can be done. You can try turning off the options for manufacturers, pages and specials maps to see if that helps but those would be small compared to the product list so I doubt that it will help. Short of that, you need a server with higher limits.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I did read your reply in post # 850. I installed your contribution to 2.3.1, but am having a small issue. If no help at this time, I understand.

At webmaster tools, for SiteMapPages.xlm, it claims site map is empty - contains no URL's. When I enter domain-name/googlesitemap/index.php in browser window, I get this:

Opening /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/sitemapproducts.xml

FS_CAT /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/

Server http://www.domain-name.com

Save Path /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/

WS_CAT /

Write /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/sitemapproducts.xml

Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Opening /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/sitemapcategories.xml

WS_CAT /

Write /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/sitemapcategories.xml

Google Sitemap Manufacturers not generated - no Manufacturers found!

Google Sitemap Specials not generated - no specials found!

ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/sitemapindex.xml

WS_CAT /

Write /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/sitemapindex.xml

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 38

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 8

)

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /xxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/sitemapindex.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

)

)

Thank you.

I did read your reply in post # 850. I installed your contribution to 2.3.1, but am having a small issue. If no help at this time, I understand.

At webmaster tools, for SiteMapPages.xlm, it claims site map is empty - contains no URL's. When I enter domain-name/googlesitemap/index.php in browser window, I get this:

There shouldn't be any reason why it won't work with 2.3 since it doesn't change any of the code that is different in that version. If you have SEO 5 installed, try turning that off to see if the maps are created. Also try the other map format, if you haven't and be sure the permissions on the map files are correct. I can't tell if the output of the test routing is correct or not with all of the x's. If you are still having problems, try posting that again with real real results. You can hide the domain name but the rest should be there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you have SEO 5 installed, try turning that off to see if the maps are created.

Am using Ultlimate SEO URLS ver 2-2.2D-10

Also try the other map format, if you haven't and be sure the permissions on the map files are correct.
Have tried both formats and permission is same as the image folder - set at 755

I ran it again and the results is below:

Opening /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/sitemapproducts.xml

FS_CAT /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/

Save Path /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/

WS_CAT /

Write /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/sitemapproducts.xml

Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Opening /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/sitemapcategories.xml

WS_CAT /

Write /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/sitemapcategories.xml

Google Sitemap Manufacturers not generated - no Manufacturers found!

Opening /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/sitemapindex.xml

WS_CAT /

Write /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/sitemapindex.xml

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 38

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 8

)

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/sitemapindex.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

)

)

Am using Ultlimate SEO URLS ver 2-2.2D-10

Have tried both formats and permission is same as the image folder - set at 755

I ran it again and the results is below:

In a previous post, you said, "...it claims site map is empty." Is it actually empty? If not, then it would appear to be a problem with your google account. If it is, then I don't have any suggestions for you since everything you posted here looks correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In a previous post, you said, "...it claims site map is empty." Is it actually empty?

Yes, at webmaster tools, this is what I see:

Empty Sitemap

Your Sitemap does not contain any URLs. Please validate and resubmit your Sitemap.

Even resubmitted again, but with same results. So, thank you. I will look further into webmaster tools.

Hello,

The cronjob give me this:

/bin/sh: /home/robinio1/domains/rns-sieraden.nl/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php: Permission denied

After testing and changing with tips from the forum for hours here is the point that i need your help.

The public_html cant be changed to 777 (its now on 755).

Think that this is the problem.

Is there any way to get the sitemap*.xml into a hand made map (like /sitemaps/) there i can setup ALL the rights that are needed.

Test with this to place . 'sitemaps' and . 'sitemaps' . but all didnt geve the sollution.

Here is part op the debug:

set /

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Manufacturers Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/robinio1/domains/rns-sieraden.nl/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 803

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/robinio1/domains/rns-sieraden.nl/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 431

Opening /sitemapindex.xml

FS_CAT /

Server http://rns-sieraden.nl

Save Path /

WS_CAT /

What i need is:

FS_CAT /

Save Path /sitemaps/ (or something)

WS_CAT /

Hello,

The cronjob give me this:

/bin/sh: /home/robinio1/domains/rns-sieraden.nl/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php: Permission denied

After testing and changing with tips from the forum for hours here is the point that i need your help.

The public_html cant be changed to 777 (its now on 755).

Think that this is the problem.

The permissions has to be whatever your server requires to allow writing to the file. Normally that is the same as what is used on the images directory.

What i need is:

FS_CAT /

Save Path /sitemaps/ (or something)

WS_CAT /

You could try the alternate file, as mentioned in the docs.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The permissions has to be whatever your server requires to allow writing to the file. Normally that is the same as what is used on the images directory.

You could try the alternate file, as mentioned in the docs.

Finaly have found the correct settings and the XML files are made in a SUB map (777).

I'm using your Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10 with Google XML SEO and ever i do the links in the XML keep getting product_info.php?products_id=33

First i was using Seo Urls 5 and read that you didnt support that. So removed and installed your version. Same outcome.

It too me now two days to get this Google XML working and hope you can help me with this.

As you can see will test a lot just to get it correct.

Best reagards,

Robin

Finaly have found the correct settings and the XML files are made in a SUB map (777).

I'm using your Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10 with Google XML SEO and ever i do the links in the XML keep getting product_info.php?products_id=33

First i was using Seo Urls 5 and read that you didnt support that. So removed and installed your version. Same outcome.

It too me now two days to get this Google XML working and hope you can help me with this.

As you can see will test a lot just to get it correct.

So are you saying everything is working correctly except that the links in the maps do not have the rewritten form? If so, are you sure tha if go to some category on your site that the url is rewritten there? If so, then be sure you do not have SEO 5 enabled in admin still.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

So are you saying everything is working correctly except that the links in the maps do not have the rewritten form? If so, are you sure tha if go to some category on your site that the url is rewritten there? If so, then be sure you do not have SEO 5 enabled in admin still.

Yes, the XML files are now working but in the XML files the list shows:

http://rns-sieraden.nl/product_info.php?products_id=33

SEO 5 is disabled.

Also tested with .htaccess to add this line in the hope it would work:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ sitemaps/product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

But this also didnt work. I'm lost, cant use the /catalog/ (for me that is /) map.

Is there an other map the you know the for sure is rewriting the links?

Then will change the map to that DIR and hope it will work there.

Sorry, to be so diverend as all the others. Still learning daily and it the 3th week i'm working with oscommerce. Therefore do not know everything.

Robin

Yes, the XML files are now working but in the XML files the list shows:

http://rns-sieraden.nl/product_info.php?products_id=33

SEO 5 is disabled.

I don't know what url rewriter you are using but it isn't Ultimate SEO v2.2. The urls for your categories look like this: /oorbellen-verzilverd-c-28, and that is what Ultimate SEO produces. So you'll need to straighten out your url issue before this contribution will work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack!

I installed this contribution today, but although permissions for the 6 xml files included are set to 777, it gives me the following error:

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Manufacturers Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Specials Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 386

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 55

)

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 37

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 3

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.gr/httpdocs/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemapproducts

[status] => failure due to incorrect file name

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.gr/httpdocs/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemapcategories

[file_exists] => false

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.gr/httpdocs/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemapmanufacturers

[file_exists] => false

)

[3] => Array

(

[file] => /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.gr/httpdocs/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemapspecials

[file_exists] => false

)

[4] => Array

(

[file] => /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.gr/httpdocs/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemappages

[file_exists] => false

)

[5] => Array

(

[file] => /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.gr/httpdocs/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemapindex

[file_exists] => false

)

)

)

Somehow the path is not picked up correctly :-(