• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

do you mean there missing something into the Header Tags SEO?

I installed as the first addon with your complete pack & sql.

There where no problems reports during installation or sql integration.

post-339016-0-07463200-1458462665_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpicyGirl

Well Jack @@kymation,

installed a new osc234bs edge = ok

uploading ALL the new & excisting files = ok

Read & did what your manual readMe First says = all ok

Read & did what your manual readMe Last says = all ok

Manual ReadMe_Last missing something :

7 - Go to admin->Configuration and set the Search Engine Friendly option to false.

Must be : 7 - Go to admin->Configuration->My Store and set the Use Search Engine Safe Urls option to false.

At least this is what I found in my shop, but maybe i missing something or I messed up.

Everything is working fine, dont see which database entries I missing becose I dont find description on what i must have with this addon.

So now is up 2 you to tell me what i missing

regards & thanks for your patience

post-339016-0-51733600-1458470006_thumb.jpg

This is the support thread for the Google Sitemap addon. If you are having problems with it, please post them here. But problems with other addons should be posted in the support thread for those addons.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't understand if "googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.9" works on osc 2.3.4.

The follow lines on googlesitemap/index.php:

require_once('includes/configure.php');
    require_once(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'filenames.php');
    require_once(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'database_tables.php');
    require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'database.php');

must be moved after:

chdir('../');

and after this simple mod, it seems to run without any errors.

Ciao!

hi

once installed and run.

do you delete the index.php page?

reason i ask, is that it gives the url for the directory of the website under the cron job explanation.

if run once, can we just delete it?

thanks

Edited by vampirehunter

• 2 months later...

It won't work with all url rewriters. Try turning that off and creating the maps. If it works, then the failure is because it won't work with your rewriter. If it still fails, there is something wrong with the code, either in your shop or the addon.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

I uploaded the new files (was running one from 2006) to my server, ran the sql, and changed permissions to 777 on the ones I want to use, but the xml files are empty.  I Enabled diagnostic Output, but where is it generated?  I assumed it would be on mysite.com/googlesitemap/index.php, but I don't see any errors.  When I navigate to the xml files I get:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Line Number 1, Column 1:

Does this contrib work on older 2.2MS2 sites?

Thanks for your time!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

Yes, it works for any version of oscommerce but the latest version has different settings than older versions so you need to be sure to apply any changes mentioned in the update docs. The diagnostic results are shown when you run the script with ...com/googlesitemap/index.php.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Ok, I was previously running version 1.2, but it doesn't appear to have been working for quite a while.  I implemented the changes in the update docs (ran the sql and added the code block to admin/includes/functions/general.php).  I deleted the old googlesitemap directory and all its contents and replaced it with the 1.9 version.  Navigated to the googlesitemap/index.php on my site and am still getting blank xml files and no diagnostic output.

I do have a heavily modified osc install, so maybe it's conflicting with something else...

It doesn't matter how heavily a shop is modified, at least as far as running the script is concerned. Find this line in the googlesitemap/index.php file

ini_set('display_errors','0'); 

and change it to

ini_set('display_errors','1'); 

Then try creating the map files again. Doesn't anything display?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Found the display error code and changed it manually, still nothing written to the xml files, and no errors showing.  Somewhere along the line I doubled up on the mysql insert though, because I have some entries repeated on my Google XML SEO configuration page:

Enable Images Map    true    
Enable Images Map    false    
Enable Manufacturers Map    false    
Enable Mobile Map    false    
Enable Mobile Map    false    
Enable Specials Map    false    
Enable Standard Pages Map    false    
Enable Article Manager Topics Map    false    
Enable Article Manager Topics Map    false    
Enable Diagnostic Output    true    
Exclude these pages        
Mobile URL    http://mobile_domain.com/   
Mobile URL    http://mobile_domain.com/

It's a head scratcher! (for me)

You'll have to manually edit the database to remove the duplicates. It won't matter that they are there as long as they are set correctly since only one will be used. I don't know why you aren't seeing anything. This addon is just an upload so there's not much reason for it not to work. All I can think is that you uploaded it to the wrong location. Please post your url and I will take a look.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem is that something in your account is preventing the index.php file in the googlesitemap directory from being accessed. Rename that file to something else and it should work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok, I heard from my host and I have a rewrite rule that causes any directory with index.php to hide it from the display url.  The effect of this is that it cause the script to not execute.  I originally renamed the file map-index.php, but the rewrite rule then rewrote the url to /map- (removed index.php) and returned a 404.  So, I renamed the file again to index-map.php and NOW it is executing, and finally showing errors.  That's right, I'm happy to finally see errors!  Here they are:

Opening   /sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT    Server    http://www.mysite.comSave Path /WS_CAT    /ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!Opening   /sitemapcategories.xmlFS_CAT    Server    http://www.mysite.comSave Path /WS_CAT    /ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!Opening   /sitemapimages.xmlFS_CAT    Server    http://www.mysite.comSave Path /WS_CAT    /ERROR: Google Images Sitemap Generation FAILED!Opening   /sitemapindex.xmlFS_CAT    Server    http://www.mysite.comSave Path /WS_CAT    /ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!Array(    [QUERY] => Array        (            [PRODUCTS] => Array                (                    [STATUS] => success                    [NUM_ROWS] => 2343                )            [CATEOGRY] => Array                (                    [STATUS] => success                    [NUM_ROWS] => 280                )            [IMAGES] => Array                (                    [STATUS] => success                    [NUM_ROWS] => 2343                )        )    [SAVE_FILE_XML] => Array        (            [0] => Array                (                    [file] => /sitemapproducts.xml                    [status] => failure                    [file_exists] => false                )            [1] => Array                (                    [file] => /sitemapcategories.xml                    [status] => failure                    [file_exists] => false                )            [2] => Array                (                    [file] => /sitemapimages.xml                    [status] => failure                    [file_exists] => false                )            [3] => Array                (                    [file] => /sitemapindex.xml                    [status] => failure                    [file_exists] => false                )        ))
Opening   /sitemap_mobileproducts.xmlFS_CAT    Server    http://www.www.mysite.comSave Path /WS_CAT    /ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!Opening   /sitemap_mobilecategories.xmlFS_CAT    Server    http://www.mysite.comSave Path /WS_CAT    /ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!Opening   /sitemap_mobileimages.xmlFS_CAT    Server    http://www.mysite.comSave Path /WS_CAT    /ERROR: Google Images Sitemap Generation FAILED!Opening   /sitemap_mobileindex.xmlFS_CAT    Server    http://www.mysite.comSave Path /WS_CAT    /ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!Array(    [QUERY] => Array        (            [PRODUCTS] => Array                (                    [STATUS] => success                    [NUM_ROWS] => 2343                )            [CATEOGRY] => Array                (                    [STATUS] => success                    [NUM_ROWS] => 280                )            [IMAGES] => Array                (                    [STATUS] => success                    [NUM_ROWS] => 2343                )        )    [SAVE_FILE_XML] => Array        (            [0] => Array                (                    [file] => /sitemap_mobileproducts.xml                    [status] => failure                    [file_exists] => false                )            [1] => Array                (                    [file] => /sitemap_mobilecategories.xml                    [status] => failure                    [file_exists] => false                )            [2] => Array                (                    [file] => /sitemap_mobileimages.xml                    [status] => failure                    [file_exists] => false                )            [3] => Array                (                    [file] => /sitemap_mobileindex.xml                    [status] => failure                    [file_exists] => false                )        ))

Completed!

Edited by akmac

Hmmm read that whole thread and the answer is not obvious, as I don't have any of the errors mentioned in the thread... 

Is this the line in mysite.com/includes/configure.php that may be containing an error?

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));

And, if I change this line, I wonder what else in my site I might be breaking...

If you can't tell, changing values in my config files makes me uneasy. ;-)

Edited by akmac

Yes, that is usually the line that causes the problem. You are using a defined value instead of the actual path as shown in the thread I mentioned.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons