• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Ive installed on 2.3 and set all my permissions to 777 or 755 and this is the output I get:

Opening /sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT /home2/recrepai/public_html/Server http://www.recrepairinfo.comSave Path /WS_CAT /

Warning: fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home7/recrepai/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapcategories.xmlFS_CAT /home2/recrepai/public_html/Server http://www.recrepairinfo.comSave Path /WS_CAT /

Warning: fopen(/sitemapcategories.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home7/recrepai/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapindex.xmlFS_CAT /home2/recrepai/public_html/Server http://www.recrepairinfo.comSave Path /WS_CAT /

Warning: fopen(/sitemapindex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home7/recrepai/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 3275

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 596

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

)

)

any help would be appreciated .. Thanks

Ive installed on 2.3 and set all my permissions to 777 or 755 and this is the output I get:

Opening /sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT /home2/recrepai/public_html/Server http://www.recrepairinfo.comSave Path /WS_CAT /

Warning: fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home7/recrepai/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

Your paths are incorrect. Please see the recent posts regarding this.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, I did a search but couldnt find anything that really explained what and where to look for and how to fix it, or I did find it and just didnt understand it .. any help would be appreciated, sorry I'm slow when it comes to this stuff but I do get it (sometimes)

Sorry I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, I did a search but couldnt find anything that really explained what and where to look for and how to fix it, or I did find it and just didnt understand it .. any help would be appreciated, sorry I'm slow when it comes to this stuff but I do get it (sometimes)

There are two posts on this page that provide a link to the support thread for setting up a confiugre file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

There are two posts on this page that provide a link to the support thread for setting up a confiugre file.

OK I followed the instructions on the link and made the changes I thought were needed but here is what I get:

Opening   /sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT    /home7/recrepai/public_html/Server    http://www.recrepairinfo.comSave Path /WS_CAT    / 
Warning:  fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home7/recrepai/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

Opening   /sitemapcategories.xmlFS_CAT    /home7/recrepai/public_html/Server    http://www.recrepairinfo.comSave Path /WS_CAT    / 
Warning:  fopen(/sitemapcategories.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home7/recrepai/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353
ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening   /sitemapindex.xmlFS_CAT    /home7/recrepai/public_html/Server    http://www.recrepairinfo.comSave Path /WS_CAT    / 
Warning:  fopen(/sitemapindex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home7/recrepai/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353
ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array
(
   [QUERY] => Array
       (
           [PRODUCTS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 3277
               )

[CATEOGRY] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 596
               )

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /sitemapproducts.xml
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[1] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /sitemapcategories.xml
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[2] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /sitemapindex.xml
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

)

)

OK I followed the instructions on the link and made the changes I thought were needed but here is what I get:

It is still not right. Have you tried the other sitemap setting (standard or alternate)?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes thats on alternate, when I use standard I get this:

1054 - Unknown column 'c.categories_status' in 'where clause'SELECT p.products_id as pID, p.products_date_added as date_added, p.products_last_modified as last_mod, p.products_ordered
		    FROM products p, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where c.categories_status='1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p.products_status='1'
			ORDER BY products_ordered DESC[TEP STOP]

I have all my permissions on 755 when I switch then to 777 and enter the http://recrepairinfo.com/googlesitemap/index.php command I get a blank page ... I have written the people whom you've directed me too and hopefully someone can solve this issue ...

One more thing I have read in a few places that this isnt compatible with Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 but in the read me it says "the contribution works with FWR Media's Ultimate SEO URLs 5" am I wrong? ... Frustrated

One more thing I have read in a few places that this isnt compatible with Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 but in the read me it says "the contribution works with FWR Media's Ultimate SEO URLs 5" am I wrong? ... Frustrated

That's correct. SEO 5 is not compatible with this contribution. If you want to use this contribution, you need to use Ultimate SEO V2.2d (recommended). Otherwise, you need to try the copy of this one someone made but changed so it works with that cotribution. The name is similar so you should be able to find it in the addons section but it is also mention in this thread, though I don't know how far back.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's correct. SEO 5 is not compatible with this contribution. If you want to use this contribution, you need to use Ultimate SEO V2.2d (recommended). Otherwise, you need to try the copy of this one someone made but changed so it works with that cotribution. The name is similar so you should be able to find it in the addons section but it is also mention in this thread, though I don't know how far back.

Yes Jack, thats why I choose this contibution as it said it was modified to work .. did I misunnderstand? here is the lead in for the read me file

Modified and pdated by Spoofy:

The purpose of modification was to get rid of all the hard-coded database queries and the links.

By simply calling application_top we can include most of the code which already exists.

Furthermore, the contribution works with FWR Media's Ultimate SEO URLs 5. The urls generated in sitemap

are no longer hard coded so they generate the search engine friendly URLs.

This version is based on V 1.5 released by Jack_mcs

Yes Jack, thats why I choose this contibution as it said it was modified to work .. did I misunnderstand? here is the lead in for the read me file

There's no such upload for this contribution. The only files that exist are mine, which are also the only ones I support. If you are using some other contribution, you need to ask for help in its support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's no such upload for this contribution. The only files that exist are mine, which are also the only ones I support. If you are using some other contribution, you need to ask for help in its support thread.

Great ... the file name was googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5_5 and they pionted to this thread inthe read me so thats why I went here for support, obviously this was just awaste of time and hopefully the website you pionted me to will be able to repair what I've started, here is the header for there read me ...

googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5_5 - Google XML Sitemap SEO

Contribution by: Jack_mcs

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6583

Jack_mcs's support thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/330175-google-xml-sitemap-seo/

Modified and pdated by Spoofy:

The purpose of modification was to get rid of all the hard-coded database queries and the links.

By simply calling application_top we can include most of the code which already exists.

Furthermore, the contribution works with FWR Media's Ultimate SEO URLs 5. The urls generated in sitemap

are no longer hard coded so they generate the search engine friendly URLs.

This version is based on V 1.5 released by Jack_mcs

Important Note: I have not updated the Alternate sitemap class. This will be on my to do list.

Dear Mr. Jack_MCS,

I found your contribution and I followed step by step your guide into the readme.txt, I tried all yours advices (Standard and then Alternate) without success, obviously I changed permission on site*** files to 777...

I attach the output of the diagnostic log just hoping that you find the solution for this, if not the addon is completely unusable.

I am using the 2.3.1 version of OSCOMMERCE

sitemapproducts.xml, sitemapcategories.xml, sitemapindex.xml are modified correctly

sitemapspecials.xml is empty because I don't have specials at the moment

sitemapmanufacturers.xml does not appear because I disbled it

sitemappages.xml did not change it's 0 byte (permission is 777)

What is causing this problem?

Opening D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/Server http://www.mydomainSave Path D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/WS_CAT /catalog/ Write D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapproducts.xmlGenerated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Opening D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapcategories.xmlFS_CAT D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/Server http://www.mydomainSave Path D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/WS_CAT /catalog/ Write D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapcategories.xmlGenerated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

Google Sitemap Specials not generated - no specials found!

Opening D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapindex.xmlFS_CAT D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/Server http://www.mydomainSave Path D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/WS_CAT /catalog/ Write D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapindex.xmlGenerated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 7

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 16

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapindex.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

)

)

Thanks is advance

Matteo

Dear Mr. Jack_MCS,

I found your contribution and I followed step by step your guide into the readme.txt, I tried all yours advices (Standard and then Alternate) without success, obviously I changed permission on site*** files to 777...

I attach the output of the diagnostic log just hoping that you find the solution for this, if not the addon is completely unusable.

I am using the 2.3.1 version of OSCOMMERCE

sitemapproducts.xml, sitemapcategories.xml, sitemapindex.xml are modified correctly

sitemapspecials.xml is empty because I don't have specials at the moment

sitemapmanufacturers.xml does not appear because I disbled it

sitemappages.xml did not change it's 0 byte (permission is 777)

What is causing this problem?

It appears to be working. What is the output without the diagnostic? Have you opened the sitemap files to see if they contain anything?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It appears to be working. What is the output without the diagnostic? Have you opened the sitemap files to see if they contain anything?

Did you read my message completely? ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED! Some pre-tasks such as sitemapproducts.xml, sitemapcategories.xml, sitemapindex.xml completed successfully but the final one sitemappages.xml failed.

Checking the final is completely empty as I told you setted for each of the siteXXX files permission to 777 so they are writable.

Asnwering your questions:

I opened all the sitemap files, eachone with a success result contains correct data from my db, the only one that fails is empty.

The output without diagnostics is this one:

Write D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapproducts.xmlGenerated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Write D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapcategories.xmlGenerated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

Google Sitemap Specials not generated - no specials found!

Write D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapindex.xmlGenerated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 7

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 16

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => D:/Inetpub/webs/mydomain/catalog/sitemapindex.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

)

)

Hoping to be more clear than before I wish to receive a answer that solve this bug.

Regards

Matteo

Just to be complete I attach you also the function written into the sitemap.class.php that cares about the sitemappages.xml, I'm starting to think that the problem is here, would you have any knowledge to find if something is wrong on it?

/**

* Function to generate sitemap pages file

* @author Jack_mcs

* @version 1.1

* @return boolean

*/

function GeneratePagesSitemap(){

$container = array();

$changefreq = GOOGLE_SITEMAP_PAGES_CHANGE_FREQ;

$priority = '.1';

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

$lng = new language();

$slash = substr(DIR_FS_CATALOG, 0 -1) == '/' ? 1 : 0;

$path = (($pos = strpos(DIR_FS_CATALOG, "googlesitemap")) !== FALSE) ? substr(DIR_FS_CATALOG, 0, -strlen('googlesitemap') - $slash) : DIR_FS_CATALOG;

$pages = $this->GetPagesArray($path, DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $lng->language['directory'], $lng->language['id']);

for ($i = 0; $i < count($pages); ++$i)

{

$container[] = array('loc' => htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($pages[$i]['filename'])),

'lastmod' => $pages[$i]['lastmod'],

'changefreq' => $changefreq,

'priority' => $priority

);

}

if ($i > 0)

return $this->GenerateSitemap($container, 'pages');

} # end function

Matteo

Edited by matteo.bo

Just to be complete I attach you also the function written into the sitemap.class.php that cares about the sitemappages.xml, I'm starting to think that the problem is here, would you have any knowledge to find if something is wrong on it?

No one has ever mentioned a problem with the pages map and I've never ran across such a problem in the many installations of this contribution I have done so it seems something specific to your installation. If you are using a url rewriter, try turning that off to see if it works. Otherwise, this would require more troubleshooting than can be done here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No one has ever mentioned a problem with the pages map and I've never ran across such a problem in the many installations of this contribution I have done so it seems something specific to your installation. If you are using a url rewriter, try turning that off to see if it works. Otherwise, this would require more troubleshooting than can be done here.

Reading other posts in this thread I see that I am not the only one with this error related to the sitemappages.xml... anyway I don't have an url rewriter installed.

What can I check?

Reading other posts in this thread I see that I am not the only one with this error related to the sitemappages.xml... anyway I don't have an url rewriter installed.

What can I check?

It sounds like you've checked all I can think of. It looks like this is one of those problems that support in a thread can't solve.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

First of all thanks for your contributions. Without you and many others here, I wouldn’t be able to build a shop.

I build an osCommerce webshop (v.2.2 RC2a) and added:

- Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10

- Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.5

This site is in 8 languages and it doesn't have a sitemap yet. Just put it online last week.

I tried to make a sitemap with the Google XML Sitemap module and the module worked immediately. However the xml-files that are created show the links in the sitemap in the default language only. I already tried to switch from “Standard” to “Alternate” in the admin. Also I switched off the “Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10” module, but no difference.

Should it be like that, just links in the default language? Or is there something wrong with my site? Today I saw something interesting, Google webmaster tools showed Crawl errors, like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mysite.nl/some-catagory-in-Dutch-Language-c-37.html?language=pt

500 error Jun 25, 2011

http://www.mysite.nl/some-catagory-in-German-Language-c-52.html?language=ru

500 error Jun 25, 2011

http://www.mysite.nl/some-catagory-in-English-Language-c-45.html?language=it

500 error Jun 25, 2011

http://www.mysite.nl/some-catagory-in-Italian-Language-c-37.html?language=fr

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Google crawled my site (without sitemaps installed) the languages got connected with pages in different languages, making all pages unreachable. This gives me the idea that something is wrong with the structure of my shop.

As an alternative I plan to use the sitemaps that are created with the Google XML Sitemap SEO module and edit them manually so that all the pages in each language come with a working path and all pages get indexed. Like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="gss.xsl"?>

<urlset xmlns="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84">

<url>

<loc>http://www.mysite.nl/product1-c-22.html?language=nl</loc>

<lastmod>2011-06-06</lastmod>

<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>

<priority>0.5</priority>

</url>

<url>

<loc>http://www.mysite.nl/product1-c-22.html?language=en</loc>

<priority>0.5</priority>

</url>

<url>

<loc>http://www.mysite.nl/product1-c-22.html?language=de</loc>

<priority>0.5</priority>

</url>

<url>

<loc>http://www.mysite.nl/product1-c-22.html?language=fr</loc>

<priority>0.5</priority>

</url>

<url>

<loc>http://www.mysite.nl/product2-c-23.html?language=nl</loc>

<priority>0.5</priority>

</url>

<url>

<loc>http://www.mysite.nl/product2-c-23.html?language=en</loc>

<priority>0.5</priority>

</url>

<url>

<loc>http://www.mysite.nl/produc2-c-23.html?language=de</loc>

<priority>0.5</priority>

</url>

<url>

<loc>http://www.mysite.nl/product2-c-23.html?language=fr</loc>

<priority>0.5</priority>

</url>

</urlset>

I have some questions:

1) is there an easy fix, so that the Google XML Sitemap SEO module will save all paths in all languages?

2) when I add a correct sitemap, should I bother that without a sitemap it give these crawl errors and better should fix something in my site?

3) when I create a manually edited sitemap, is it ok to have all the languages together in for example the products-sitemap? Or should I create a products-sitemap for each language?

Thanks in advance, Bouke

I have some questions:

1) is there an easy fix, so that the Google XML Sitemap SEO module will save all paths in all languages?

2) when I add a correct sitemap, should I bother that without a sitemap it give these crawl errors and better should fix something in my site?

3) when I create a manually edited sitemap, is it ok to have all the languages together in for example the products-sitemap? Or should I create a products-sitemap for each language?

1) The contribution doesn't handle languages. It is on the todo list but I can't say when that will be done. There are instructions in this thread though on how to have it work for other languages, or at least one. No idea where it is though so you will have to search.

2) You code should a canonical meta tage to avoid such errors, asumming those are valid links. There is a contribution that just handles adding that tag but I recommend installing Header Tags SEO since it adds that tag and much more.

3) It doesn't matter unless the size of the file gets too large. It might be easier to copy the original sitemap file, rename it and then do a search and replace to insert the language code. Then add that new sitemap to your sitemaps in your google account.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1) The contribution doesn't handle languages. It is on the todo list but I can't say when that will be done. There are instructions in this thread though on how to have it work for other languages, or at least one. No idea where it is though so you will have to search.

2) You code should a canonical meta tage to avoid such errors, asumming those are valid links. There is a contribution that just handles adding that tag but I recommend installing Header Tags SEO since it adds that tag and much more.

3) It doesn't matter unless the size of the file gets too large. It might be easier to copy the original sitemap file, rename it and then do a search and replace to insert the language code. Then add that new sitemap to your sitemaps in your google account.

Thanks a lot for answering my questions. I will make this sitemap like you told.

Installing Header Tags SEO is next on my list. I tried to install it before, but it crashed when opening the admin page. Probably I should be more careful with replacing parts of the code. Some parts where already changed by other modules.

Best regards, Bouke

Okay, I'm going to try this one after reading this entire thread and not seeing the answer to this question that many have posted here before...

I've just installed sitemap_seo_v_1.5 in an osCommerce 2.1.3 installation. Everything seemed fine. Installed fine. Changed settings fine in the Admin panel. Ran the index.php file as instructed. Here is the output:

Write /home/unbovekq/public_html/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml

Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Write /home/unbovekq/public_html/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml

Generated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

Write /home/unbovekq/public_html/catalog/sitemapmanufacturers.xml

Generated Google Manufacturers Sitemap Successfully

Write /home/unbovekq/public_html/catalog/sitemapindex.xml

Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Note the Page Sitemap Generation FAILED.

I have tried different CHMOD settings... 777, 755, 744, etc on the xml files, but nothing makes the Pages Sitemap generate without error.

I've run it with diagnostics on, but there are NO error codes or comments related to the Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED comment. Just this single line again.

I have tried the Alternate file setting in the Admin panel. This fails completely due to permission denials related to line 353 of sitemap.class_Alternate.php file.

Surely there is an answer to this?

Let me know what else you need to see from my configuration... much appreciated if any help can be given!

Cheers,

Martin

I have tried the Alternate file setting in the Admin panel. This fails completely due to permission denials related to line 353 of sitemap.class_Alternate.php file.

Surely there is an answer to this?

You have to try the alternate setting first. If that fails due to a permissions error, then you need to ask your host to look into it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons