• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

The error shows the file to be there. But whether it is or isn't, I can't help you with non-standard setups. If you install the contribution as directed it will work.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

What error are you getting? Do you mean the specials? Do you have any items on special? Did you see the post regarding removing that part of the contribution? Are your other sitemaps being created?

Jack

It says failed on all,

I will remove the specials to night.

Thxs

Hello

Write D:/www/my-site.fr/htdocs/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml
Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully[/color]

[color="#2E8B57"]Write D:/www/my-site.fr/htdocs/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml
Generated Google Category Sitemap Successfully[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]ERROR: Google Manufacturers Sitemap Generation FAILED![/color]

Google Sitemap Specials not generated - no specials found!

[color="#2E8B57"]Write D:/www/my-site/htdocs/catalog/sitemapindex.xml
Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully[/color]

Array
(
   [QUERY] => Array
       (
           [PRODUCTS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 514
               )

[CATEOGRY] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 130
               )

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 1
               )

[sPECIALS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 0
               )

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [file] => D:/www/my-site.fr/htdocs/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

[1] => Array
               (
                   [file] => D:/www/my-site.fr/htdocs/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

[2] => Array
               (
                   [file] => D:/www/my-site.fr/htdocs/catalog/sitemapindex.xml
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

)

)

Do you know what I can do for this ERROR: Google Manufacturers Sitemap Generation FAILED ??? The xml file is empty and I have at lest 1 manufacturer! Google has an error on it... SITEMAP EMPTY

I have open the rights (777) and install all again and it is still the same!

Actualy with Google in catalog/sitemapindex.xml I have an error:

catalog/sitemapcategories.xml OK

catalog/sitemapmanufacturers.xml Erreurs

catalog/sitemapproducts.xml Avertissements (Google doesn't like the fact that all my URL have the same "priority". Where can I change it (in some URLs)?

catalog/sitemapspecials.xml OK

If you have any idea?

Thanks

Edited by Eric B

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 W3C Valid FR avec : colissimo_v1.9 // CGV // GoogleXML_sitemap - Update -> googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5 // Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d - Update -> v22d_12 // AntiRobotRegistrationValidation-3.1 // TinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR // HEader Tag SEO 3.1.4 // PDF Invoice 1.5 // Specials_enhanced_v1_3_1 // quick_stock_update_v3.5_FRENCH // xmembers_v2.2 // contact_us_form_in_db_with_amin_v1.1 // photo_display_1 // previous_next_with_details // infoBox Admin v.2.25 // whosonlineturbov1.1fr // customer_discount_v1.3 // flash_bannersv2 // Horizontal_menu_V3 // Loginbox_Best_1 // CCGV // XSell_v2_7_2 // Printable Catalog XSS Flaw Fixed // all_specials_slideshow // Birthdays_v1.4 // Search_price_range_pulldown_menu_1.1 // contrib-categories // Reviews_in_Product_Display_v2.3 // Easy Graphical Borders // Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.3.5 // Guestbook V3.0 // Blacklist_IP_v.3 // Quicker Product Edit v2.1 // Chronopost_2010 // Easy Center // Size Shop with Layers // Safari-Chrome_fix // Protection to Configuration v1.3a // Page_Cache_v1.6... Thanks to everyone!

For the manufacturers, be sure you have entries in both maufacturer tables in the database. The priority shouldn't normally be the same but an earlier post covered what to do to fix that.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

For the manufacturers, be sure you have entries in both maufacturer tables in the database. The priority shouldn't normally be the same but an earlier post covered what to do to fix that.

Jack

I had only one Manufacturer and when I did had a second one it did work (Google link is showing the manufacturers)!

For the specials, I have done a test (sales on 3 items) and it did work too (google link is showing the items)!

Jack as always you have all the answers!

And BRAVO for all your work and thanks again for your help always very fast!

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 W3C Valid FR avec : colissimo_v1.9 // CGV // GoogleXML_sitemap - Update -> googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5 // Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d - Update -> v22d_12 // AntiRobotRegistrationValidation-3.1 // TinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR // HEader Tag SEO 3.1.4 // PDF Invoice 1.5 // Specials_enhanced_v1_3_1 // quick_stock_update_v3.5_FRENCH // xmembers_v2.2 // contact_us_form_in_db_with_amin_v1.1 // photo_display_1 // previous_next_with_details // infoBox Admin v.2.25 // whosonlineturbov1.1fr // customer_discount_v1.3 // flash_bannersv2 // Horizontal_menu_V3 // Loginbox_Best_1 // CCGV // XSell_v2_7_2 // Printable Catalog XSS Flaw Fixed // all_specials_slideshow // Birthdays_v1.4 // Search_price_range_pulldown_menu_1.1 // contrib-categories // Reviews_in_Product_Display_v2.3 // Easy Graphical Borders // Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.3.5 // Guestbook V3.0 // Blacklist_IP_v.3 // Quicker Product Edit v2.1 // Chronopost_2010 // Easy Center // Size Shop with Layers // Safari-Chrome_fix // Protection to Configuration v1.3a // Page_Cache_v1.6... Thanks to everyone!

I just installed and ran the Google XML Sitemap Admin via the admin panel. I saw a blank screen popup. Is that all their is to it? Where does the sitemap get created to? I would like to be able to take a peek at the xml that was created before I actually try submitting it to google.

I just installed and ran the Google XML Sitemap Admin via the admin panel.

Please post your question in the correct support thread. This one is for a different contribution than what you installed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Im bit of a new b to this mate. I installed the contribution. Big thanks.

However google now reports errors that...

1. catalog/sitemapproducts.xml Warnings

All the URLs in your Sitemap have the same priority.

What do i need to do about this warning? Im tottaly lost.

2. catalog/sitemapspecials.xml Errors

Empty Sitemap

How do i comnfigure so that google does not look for specials?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Amit.

Hi Jack,

Just 2 new questions ;)

Is Google XML Sitemap SEO working normaly with: Header Tags SEO V 3.1.3 and Anti Robot Registration Validation V3.1?

By the way, do you have any advice about which versions should I use cause from now I have try on localhost Anti Robot Registration Validation but wasn't working?!

Thanks Jack

Hi Jack,

Im bit of a new b to this mate. I installed the contribution. Big thanks.

However google now reports errors that...

1. catalog/sitemapproducts.xml Warnings

All the URLs in your Sitemap have the same priority.

What do i need to do about this warning? Im tottaly lost.

2. catalog/sitemapspecials.xml Errors

Empty Sitemap

How do i comnfigure so that google does not look for specials?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Amit.

Please take the time to read the last few pages or use the search function at the bottom of the page before posting.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Just 2 new questions ;)

Is Google XML Sitemap SEO working normaly with: Header Tags SEO V 3.1.3 and Anti Robot Registration Validation V3.1?

By the way, do you have any advice about which versions should I use cause from now I have try on localhost Anti Robot Registration Validation but wasn't working?!

Thanks Jack

This contribution doesn't have any interaction with Header Tags but they can both work on the same shop fine. I am not familiar with the other contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This contribution doesn't have any interaction with Header Tags but they can both work on the same shop fine. I am not familiar with the other contribution.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

I will try Header Tags SEO V 3.1.3 today then!

About the other contribution it is a Captcha. Maybe you know an other Captcha and that you are sure it is working properly cause when I have tried that one, it didn't work on my localhost but I heard that it does work finally online?

Thanks

Thanks Jack,

I will try Header Tags SEO V 3.1.3 today then!

About the other contribution it is a Captcha. Maybe you know an other Captcha and that you are sure it is working properly cause when I have tried that one, it didn't work on my localhost but I heard that it does work finally online?

Thanks

A new version of Header Tags will be uploaded today so you may want to hold off.

You should ask for support on that type of contribution in the support thread for it since that is whre the people actually using it will see it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version of Header Tags will be uploaded today so you may want to hold off.

You should ask for support on that type of contribution in the support thread for it since that is whre the people actually using it will see it.

Jack

Ok Jack, I'll wait

Thanks

I've installed the Google XML Sitemap and generated my sitemaps and successfully manually loaded them up to Google.

I tried to set up a Cron task to schedule the updates and keep getting the following messages. I've checked my site and SafeMode is off. From the messages below, I'm assuming that if I can fix the first one, the others may also be fixed?

Warning: chdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10004 is not allowed to access ../ owned by uid 0 in /var/www/vhosts/carxtreme.co.uk/httpdocs/googlesitemap/index.php on line 20

Warning: require_once(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/carxtreme.co.uk/httpdocs/googlesitemap/index.php on line 46

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/carxtreme.co.uk/httpdocs/googlesitemap/index.php on line 46

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks.

I am totally stumped, I know... what else is new. :blush:

I had to use the sitemap.class_Alternative.php in order to get things working.

I thought the sitemap generation was working correctly, until I finally received an email from the Cron Job. :huh:

http://handeshobbies.com/googlesitemap/index.php says all is a success.

But I receive a FAILED in the Cron Job email:

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.9
Content-type: text/html

<pre>
<b>Warning</b>:  fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/home3/handesho/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php</b> on line <b>300</b>

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

<b>Warning</b>:  fopen(/sitemapcategories.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/home3/handesho/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php</b> on line <b>300</b>

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

<b>Warning</b>:  fopen(/sitemapmanufacturers.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/home3/handesho/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php</b> on line <b>300</b>

ERROR: Google Manufacturers Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Google Sitemap Specials not generated - no specials found!

<b>Warning</b>:  fopen(/sitemapindex.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/home3/handesho/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php</b> on line <b>300</b>

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array
(
[QUERY] => Array
	(
		[PRODUCTS] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 427
			)

[CATEOGRY] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 37
			)

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 11
			)

[SPECIALS] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 0
			)

)

[SAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
	(
		[0] => Array
			(
				[file] => /sitemapproducts.xml
				[status] => failure
				[file_exists] => false
			)

[1] => Array
			(
				[file] => /sitemapcategories.xml
				[status] => failure
				[file_exists] => false
			)

[2] => Array
			(
				[file] => /sitemapmanufacturers.xml
				[status] => failure
				[file_exists] => false
			)

[3] => Array
			(
				[file] => /sitemapindex.xml
				[status] => failure
				[file_exists] => false
			)

)

)
</pre>

sitemap.class.php line 300 = if ($fp = fopen($filename, 'w+')){

All files have 755 permission, same as my images directory.

I seen in early post -

It looks like your configure file settings are not being loaded. Please try this: In the googlesitemap/sitemap_class.php file, find this line around line 299
$filename .= '.xml';

and add this after it

echo 'Opening   '.$filename. '
FS_CAT	'.DIR_FS_CATALOG. '
Server	' . HTTP_SERVER . '
Save Path '. $this->savepath . '
WS_CAT	'. DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG.' 
';

Upload the changed file and run the code by going to http://yourdomain.com/googlesitemap/index.php. Post the output here.

Jack

http://handeshobbies.com/googlesitemap/index.php

Current Cron Job email with above added code -

PHP Warning:  require_once(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/handesho/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php on line 46

Warning: require_once(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/handesho/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php on line 46
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home3/handesho/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php on line 46

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home3/handesho/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php on line 46

:(

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

That is mostly a path problem with cron. You may need to do something like

cd /home3/handesho/public_html/; php googlesitemap/index.php

But your host would know better since it varies with the host. Explain to your host that the script runs manually but fails with cron. They should be able to adjust it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am having a minor issue. I did as what was in post #7 & 13. Did not help. Upgraded to the latest as per your instructions, Jack.

My email consists of .the same info as when going here, Website. Now I do not see any errors on that page. Not sure what a correct email or googlesitemap/index.php should look like. But also categories and etc. displays (Number of URLs in this Sitemap: 0). That is incorrect, I believe. Also permission is set at 755.

So am I doing something wrong or what?

Thamks.

Bennett

Edited by blr044

That is mostly a path problem with cron. You may need to do something like
cd /home3/handesho/public_html/; php googlesitemap/index.php

But your host would know better since it varies with the host. Explain to your host that the script runs manually but fails with cron. They should be able to adjust it.

Jack

Thank you Jack

I'll double check with my host.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I am having a minor issue. I did as what was in post #7 & 13. Did not help. Upgraded to the latest as per your instructions, Jack.

My email consists of .the same info as when going here, Website. Now I do not see any errors on that page. Not sure what a correct email or googlesitemap/index.php should look like. But also categories and etc. displays (Number of URLs in this Sitemap: 0). That is incorrect, I believe. Also permission is set at 755.

So am I doing something wrong or what?

Thamks.

Bennett

Be sure the permissions on the sitemap files are set the same as those of the images directories before running the script. Also try running the alternate script to see if that helps.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The permission is the same as images. Even tried using 755 instaed of 777. After using the (alternate) sitemap, this is what I get now.

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Google Sitemap Manufacturers not generated - no Manufacturers found!

ERROR: Google Specials Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 1256

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success