• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Has anyone ever gotten Google Checkout to work?

schatham

i am having the same concern. looking at the contrib link here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4556

i cant tell which one is the latest and which one will work. i want to add it as another payment option but not as my primary one. i also use paypal as my primary and it works fine. but im scared to install the google checkout and have it conflict or remove my paypal.

can someone here confirm a working store that has both paypal and google checkout working in harmony? please!

i am having the same concern. looking at the contrib link here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4556

i cant tell which one is the latest and which one will work. i want to add it as another payment option but not as my primary one. i also use paypal as my primary and it works fine. but im scared to install the google checkout and have it conflict or remove my paypal.

can someone here confirm a working store that has both paypal and google checkout working in harmony? please!

That was exactly my intent on adding Google Checkout to my site, too - to give folks another payment option, but not a primary one.

From the overwhelming lack of response, I don't believe anyone's got an OSCommerce site to work with Google checkout, much less in conjunction with anything else. I only hope that it hasn't broken my Paypal checkout (which I have left untouched).

SC

I don't believe anyone's got an OSCommerce site to work with Google checkout, much less in conjunction with anything else.

really? crap

working perfectly without any issues.

I can say: If you can install properly contribution, pay someone to do it for you!

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

really? crap

working perfectly without any issues.

I can say: If you can install properly contribution, pay someone to do it for you!

Are you using this in conjunction with Paypal? Google checkout being the secondary? From what I understand, it does work okay when it's the sole checkout. It just doesn't work with anything else.

I can read & have been able to get most things in OSC to work with minimal outside assistance, but I have to say that the install for Google Checkout, it's documentation, and versioning leave a lot to be desired.

From what I have read, I think I am to be on the version in the above link. However, there's a completely separate version for OSCommerce that exists too. Not sure why there's 2 different versions that seem to be in a relatively similar state of development, but there is.

I had installed this module by the instructions given, and all that the module would do would be provide a checkout button right before you go to the Paypal screen. All the items on Google's end were set up & entered as instructed, but still wouldn't work.

After spending the better part of 3 weeks futzing around with it, I deleted the code & removed the module from the system. Point is, you don't have to eat a whole egg to know it's rotten.

The version of Google Checkout I installed did not function as it should have & I have no use for it. Contribution assistance & advice on it was minimal, at best.