• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] iOSC - mobile version of OSC on your iPhone

bumbarash

@@nyllon,

Check if you added the filename definitions.

Otherwise in admin => Configuration => Mobile site => Set "Enable Ajax page load"· to "false"
Then try again and post the error message

Edited by raiwa

@@nyllon,

Check if you added the filename definitions.

Otherwise in admin => Configuration => Mobile site => Set "Enable Ajax page load"· to "false"

Then try again and post the error message

Hello,

filenames.php is right updated.

I've disabled Ajax page load and now simple search redirect to non mobile advanced_search.php with message: "At least one of the fields in the search form must be entered."

• 1 month later...

Hello Bill @@phi148,

Best practice would be to overwrite the jquery mobile stylesheet for the categories name with a customized stylesheet. This avoids that other places get affected.

Try this:

In the mobile stylesheet you wish to use, for example "mobile/ext/css/mobile_OSC_stylesheet.css"

Add at the end:

.mycategories.ui-li-heading {
	overflow:show;
	text-overflow:clip;
	white-space:normal;
	margin-top:-7px;
}

(The original stylesheet "ui-li-heading" is defined in: mobile/ext/jquery.mobile.structure_1.3.2.min.css)

Then in mobile/categories_mb.php

Find line 200:

echo  '<li><a href="' . tep_mobile_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_MB, tep_get_path($item['categories_id'])) . '">' . $img . '<h2 style="margin-top:19px">' . $item['categories_name'] . ((MOBILE_PRODUCT_COUNT == 'true')? '<span class="ui-li-count">' . tep_count_products_in_category($item['categories_id']) . '</span>' : '') . '</h2></a></li>';

and replace with:

echo  '<li><a href="' . tep_mobile_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_MB, tep_get_path($item['categories_id'])) . '">' . $img . '<h2 class="mycategories">' . $item['categories_name'] . ((MOBILE_PRODUCT_COUNT == 'true')? '<span class="ui-li-count">' . tep_count_products_in_category($item['categories_id']) . '</span>' : '') . '</h2></a></li>';

This should now wrap the category name if it doesn't fit and palcethe first line at the top instead of centered. You can also overwrite type size, style etc in the same stylesheet.

Hope this helps

regards

Rainer

Hello Bill @@phi148,

Best practice would be to overwrite the jquery mobile stylesheet for the categories name with a customized stylesheet. This avoids that other places get affected.

Try this:

In the mobile stylesheet you wish to use, for example "mobile/ext/css/mobile_OSC_stylesheet.css"

Add at the end:

.mycategories.ui-li-heading {
	overflow:show;
	text-overflow:clip;
	white-space:normal;
	margin-top:-7px;
}

(The original stylesheet "ui-li-heading" is defined in: mobile/ext/jquery.mobile.structure_1.3.2.min.css)

Then in mobile/categories_mb.php

Find line 200:

echo  '<li><a href="' . tep_mobile_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_MB, tep_get_path($item['categories_id'])) . '">' . $img . '<h2 style="margin-top:19px">' . $item['categories_name'] . ((MOBILE_PRODUCT_COUNT == 'true')? '<span class="ui-li-count">' . tep_count_products_in_category($item['categories_id']) . '</span>' : '') . '</h2></a></li>';

and replace with:

echo  '<li><a href="' . tep_mobile_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_MB, tep_get_path($item['categories_id'])) . '">' . $img . '<h2 class="mycategories">' . $item['categories_name'] . ((MOBILE_PRODUCT_COUNT == 'true')? '<span class="ui-li-count">' . tep_count_products_in_category($item['categories_id']) . '</span>' : '') . '</h2></a></li>';

This should now wrap the category name if it doesn't fit and palcethe first line at the top instead of centered. You can also overwrite type size, style etc in the same stylesheet.

Hope this helps

regards

Rainer

Thanks a ton!!  Perfect! :)

Hello Rainer,
Thanks for the great contribution.
I installed on 2.3.3 and its working fine except redirecting issue.
Footer links are empty in source code, and with auto redirecting codes, pages are not loading. I couldn't even find the error report anywhere on my server.
I have USU5 installed and made all the settings as instructed. Also have Modular SEO Header Tags but i don't know if that effects.
What this issue can be?

Hello @@penzahar,

Please check all of this in this order:

- add SEO URLs support for mobile included in the mobile contributions support package:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8578

- check the modifications in includes/configure.php

- check the modifications in includes/application_top.php

- check the modifications in tep_redirect function in includes/functions/general.php

If you can't get it to work, please post your modifications of the up listed files.

You can also PM your configure.php, .htaccess, Store URL and I'll have a look.

regards

Rainer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for your contribution. Excuse the English translation. I have some complicated problems and do not know how to fix them.
Tests'm doing in the store at no extra original contributions and localhost. To further make it live on the web server.
The shop is osCommerce version 2.3.1 and Mobile_OsC_7.5.9
Store location and mobile wallet is this:
C: / AppServ / www / store / catalog /
C: / AppServ / www / store / catalog / mobile /
I have done the installation manual 2.3 (Install_osc_2_3.docx) and (Configure_subdomain.docx), the others do not do that in this store have not installed any extra contribution as seo url, thumbails, etc.
Mobile testing do with the way the Chrome browser as it has in options / More tools / developer tools, the option to make a simulation with different mobile phone models.

Well the problem is that I always have to click twice to charge me the mobile version when I click the mobile gift of the web and once the page is loaded with mobile version also have to click twice to run anything from the web mobile.
And the funny thing is that if I press only once the browser is loading and within seconds I restarted the computer directly, as if you were to reset the computer. But by double-clicking it Works perfect website and everything looks good.

My set is this:

<?php
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/tienda/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/tienda/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/tienda/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/tienda/catalog/');
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/AppServ/www/tienda/catalog/');
//BOF Mobile
define('HTTP_MOBILE_SERVER', 'http://localhost/tienda/catalog/mobile');
define('HTTPS_MOBILE_SERVER', 'http://localhost/tienda/catalog/mobile');
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_MOBILE', '/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_MOBILE', '/');
(defined('MOBILE_SESSION') ? define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', ((getenv('HTTPS') == 'on')? HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG : HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG) . 'images/') : define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/'));
define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
(defined('MOBILE_SESSION') ? define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/') : define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/'));
//EOF Mobile

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
//BOF Mobile
define('DIR_MOBILE_IMAGES', 'images/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES','includes/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_MODULES', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_CLASSES', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_HEADERS', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'headers/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_LANGUAGES', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
//EOF Mobile
define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

//BOF Mobile
define('DIR_FS_MOBILE', 'C:/AppServ/www/tienda/catalog/mobile/');
//EOF Mobile
define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
//BOF Mobile
(defined('MOBILE_SESSION') ? define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'pub/') : define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/'));
//EOF Mobile
define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'root');
define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '2904');
define('DB_DATABASE', 'tienda');
define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

I would appreciate any help.

hello David @@david75,

you do not need to apply the subdomain modifications, your installation is in subdirectory, not subdomain. Apply all changes exact as said in the instructions (only Install_osc_2_3.docx, NOT Configure_subdomain.docx).

If you still have troubles, you can PM in spanish if you feel more comfortable,

regards

Rainer

Rainer ya esta, ya he cambiado los archivos como tu dices, instalando solo only Install_osc_2_3.docx.

Pero tengo el mismo defecto, abro la página con versión escritorio y luego pulso en el icono movil para cambiar a la versión movil y tengo que hacerlo dos veces para que cargue la página. Una vez cargada la versión movil para navegar por ella tengo que pulsar dos veces en cualquier cosa para que funcione.

Mi archivo configure:

<?php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
  define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
  define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/tienda/catalog/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/tienda/catalog/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/tienda/catalog/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/tienda/catalog/');

//BOF Mobile
define('HTTP_MOBILE_SERVER', HTTP_SERVER);
define('HTTPS_MOBILE_SERVER', HTTPS_SERVER);
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_MOBILE', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'mobile/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_MOBILE', DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG . 'mobile/');
  (defined('MOBILE_SESSION') ? define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', ((getenv('HTTPS') == 'on')? HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG : HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG) . 'images/') : define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/'));
define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
  (defined('MOBILE_SESSION') ? define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', '../includes/') : define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/'));
//EOF Mobile

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
  define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
  define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
  define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
  define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
//BOF Mobile
define('DIR_MOBILE_IMAGES', 'images/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES','includes/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_MODULES', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_CLASSES', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_HEADERS', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'headers/');
define('DIR_MOBILE_LANGUAGES', DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
//EOF Mobile
  //BOF Mobile
  (defined('MOBILE_SESSION') ? define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'pub/') : define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/'));
//EOF Mobile
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/AppServ/www/tienda/catalog/');
  //BOF Mobile
define('DIR_FS_MOBILE', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'mobile/');
//EOF Mobile
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');  
//BOF Mobile
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
  define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'root');
  define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '2904');
  define('DB_DATABASE', 'tienda');
  define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
  define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

• 4 weeks later...

Hola Kozak @,

Yes, you can add it to an existing store.
iosc-mobile is a separate set of pages to show on mobile devices.
You have to add all functional modifications and add-ons you added to your main store and which affect the public store side to the mobile pages.
Some are mandatory like SEO URLs, some are optional depending if you wish to offer that feature on the mobile pages.

You can find support for some of the most common add-ons in the Contribution support package:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8578

See the Start Here doc:
This package will work and HTML5 validate "out of the box" only with unmodified OSCommerce shops.
Read all the installation/upgrade documentation and follow the instructions for configuration, add-ons, and troubleshooting.

And see the Add-On Support doc

If you have more questions you can contact by private message in Spanish.

Un saludo

Rainer

I read this in your manual : This package will work and HTML5 validate "out of the box" only with unmodified OSCommerce shops.

I gonna try to get this wok in an UNMODIFIED 2.3.4 OSC.

Have read and studied the manual, that is a mixup of installation guide for several OSC versions, with some unclear point like ; 

Modify canonical link to show only in the mobile pages when mobile osc is installed and active. 

Whithout explanation!!! Modify in what??

If I get it working I'm gonna rewrite this manual in a KISS way in .RTF and HTML files, that's more practical for copying codes then the poor Micro$oft Word method.

"Never understood how B.Gates has become the richest men with the poorest software in the universe".

Anyway I gonna give it a shot

@,

Just to clear up some points:

1.  I'm not a native english speaker and I wrote the instructions as best as I could.
It says:
6a) upload and replace:
Modify canonical link to show only in the mobile pages when mobile osc is installed and active. (this is a comment or explanation, not a instruction, if you have a look on other points you may understand this) Although reading this now it should better say "This modifies the module to show canonical link......."
It means if you upload and replace the ht_canonical module, the canonical links will be produced in a different way (for mobile pages only) than with the core module.
You do not have to modify anything, just replace the module.

2. This package will work and HTML5 validate "out of the box" only with unmodified OSCommerce shops.
Yes, accent is on "out of the box", it means it will work with modified shops, but needs the mobile files to be "adapted/modified" as stated in my first message.

3. I know that the Instructions are far from perfect. iosc mobile was started in times of OsC 2.2rc2a and growing step by step to fit the newer versions.

4. iosc Mobile is obsolete now since 2.3.4 responsive Bootstrap is available and I decided more than one year ago to stop spending time to improve it or rewrite the instructions, apart of the last bugfix 7.5.10.

5. I know that word is not the best format for installdocs, but still much better than plain text like it was at the beginning when I took over iosc 4.0. (And most other add-ons are still written in plain text)

6. I'm very suspicious that real KISS instructions are not possible for such extensive modifications.

7. "mixup of installation guide for several OSC versions"
there are two separate instruction guides included for the main versions 2.2 and 2.3.
It would be really a enormous job to maintain separate guides for all 2.3 subversions form 2.3.0 to 2.3.4. There are only minor differences.

If you apply these "perfectionist" criteria to all free add-ons, you would have a nive job to rewrite KISS installation guides. :)

Before "shooting" you should have had a deeper look. It is free software, not commercial and I think it is more important that it works than offering a "perfect" Installation Guide.

kind regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@, me acuerdo, la segunda bahía a la derecha era muy hermosa :-)

• 1 month later...

The final version of iosc Mobile/Mobile OSC 7.6 has been uploaded. (except possible bug fixes for this final update :) )

Considering the availability of OsC 2.3.4 Bootstrap, I consider that it has no more sense to continue offering another mobile optimized version for OsCommerce.

Instead of a new installation of  iosc Mobile add-on, I recommend to consider a complete store upgrade to OsC 2.3.4 Bootstrap.

Support for installation and troubleshooting will still be given in the OsCommerce forum and by direct contact. But no more new features are planned. I prefer to invert time and effort to support the bootstrapped version.

Thank you all for your participation in the iosc Mobile project.

Changes in iosc 7.6:
- Maintenance fixes for undefined constants, variables and similar.
- full addresses shown now in checkout_shipping_address.php and checkout_payment_address.php
- fix to show “1980” as default Date of Birth year in the drop down menus.

Best regards

Rainer

I'm sorry, maybe it have discussed before... I have older version of iOSC and have a trouble, when  I made 301 redirect from www.site.com/index.html to www.site.com/  generally for SEO purposes, I found that my mobile users cant go out from mobile version to full site, coz if I link them to /index they anyway go go /  and redirecting to /mobile_index

Is some solution for this here? May be in modern versions some tag if user want non-mobile vercion to use?

Edited by Roman_SE

@@Roman_SE,

Sorry for that old version I cn't give support any more. I have no test installation and even you do not tell which exact version you use.

rgds

Rainer

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback.

I've moved onto the support package containing the mobile sitemap.

I copied the folder (usu5_sitemaps) and I ran the index.php

All the sitemaps were indeed generated, however they do not contain the SEO URL's.  For example, this is part of the output of sitemapMobileProducts.xml

<url>
<loc>
http://www.mysite.com//mobile/product_info.php?products_id=1252
</loc>
<lastmod>2015-04-26</lastmod>
<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>
<priority>0.5</priority>
<image:image>
<image:loc>
http://www.mysite.com/images/xxx/xxx.jpg
</image:loc>
<image:title>Widget</image:title>
</image:image>
<mobile:mobile/>
</url>

Any clue on the fix for that one?

i got the same problem now. have you been able to fix that?

Regards,

Stephan

@@Stephan Gebbers,

Did you add the support for your SEO URLs and do the mobile URLs show correct?

Edited by raiwa