• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] iOSC - mobile version of OSC on your iPhone

bumbarash

Hello Dan @@railroadguy,

It seems your SEO URLs support installation is missing something or uncorrect. The URL in mobile/catalog_mb.php are setup in the classic way like ""http://railphotosunlimited.com/Gifts/mobile/catalog_mb.php/engineer-hats-mc-48"

So please check if you didn't miss to replace something there. Which SEO URL do you use??

@@railroadguy,

please make sure you have copied and replaced ALL files in includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/

which come in the mobile support for SEO URLs 5.

Please check also if you have the correct SEO URLs 5 version installed. Should be r205

OK, I had a backup before I started and began over.

I installed Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 and it works.

Then I installed Mobile_OsC_7.5.9 using the 2.2 instructions.

It appears again to not understand the correct paths. It must be something simple I am missing.

Hello Daniel @@railroadguy,

As far as I could see, you have still the SEO URLs support missing:

Please, download the mobile contribution support package:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8578

Install: SEO URLs USU5_vers3.3

and make sure to replace ALL files in includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/

Hello Daniel @@railroadguy,

Yes you can use 3.2, it is the latest published, sorry.

regards

Rainer

• 1 month later...

Hello Rainer!

I have installed iOSC, but after a view errors I solved, now the things seems to start working, but images not load. iOSC is installed on a subdomain called m.store.com, and the desktop store is installed on www.store.com/dir1/dir2 and it try to retrieve the image from m.store.com/dir1/dir2/images/catalog. The product images are in www.store.com/dir1/dir2/images/catalog.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Alberto

Hello Alberto @@betoosc,

You could try to define your image directory by absolute file path like this:

In includes/configure.php:

(defined('MOBILE_SESSION') ? define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', (DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/') : define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/'));

Otherwise if you can't fix it like this, please pm your configure file and store URL and I'll have a look. (También en castellano)

Or at least post an example for an image path you get (in mobile, right click on image, image information).

Also, do you use an auto image thumb generator add-on? In that case you may need to install support for it, see Add-On Support doc Point 3.

regards

Rainer

Hi there,

Thanks for this great addon, things are looking decent so far apart from a few minor issues.

I'm getting the following error and was wondering if you could advise please?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select p.products_id, p.products_image from orders_products opa, orders_products opb, orders o, products p where opa.products_id = '116' and opa.orders_id = opb.orders_id and opb.products_id != '116' and opb.products_id = p.products_id and opb.orders_id = o.orders_id and p.products_status = '1' group by p.products_id order by o.date_purchased desc limit 

The error shows on product_info.php on the product page.

I also don't particularly understand the instructions regarding KISS image thumbnailer and my thumbnails are showing as "No Image" so if you could please advise on that too, that would be fantastic.

Many thanks!

I'm getting the following error and was wondering if you could advise please?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select p.products_id, p.products_image from orders_products opa, orders_products opb, orders o, products p where opa.products_id = '116' and opa.orders_id = opb.orders_id and opb.products_id != '116' and opb.products_id = p.products_id and opb.orders_id = o.orders_id and p.products_status = '1' group by p.products_id order by o.date_purchased desc limit 
The error shows on product_info.php on the product page.

I never got this error reported, so I have to believe that it's due to a customization in your main store. The error is produced by the also purchased products module.

Try to copy the database query from your main also purchased products module to the mobile also purchased products module.

Should be this line:

$orders_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " opa, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " opb, " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where opa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and opa.orders_id = opb.orders_id and opb.products_id != '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and opb.products_id = p.products_id and opb.orders_id = o.orders_id and p.products_status = '1' group by p.products_id order by o.date_purchased desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_ALSO_PURCHASED);
By the way, which exact OsC version are we talking about??

For KISS IT:

Set the Mobile Product Image Width and Height to a fixed pixel size, (example: 80) in Admin : Configuration : Mobile Site.

Means you should fill in a numeric size for both, Mobile Product Image Width and Height. By default installation it's left empty to get responsive image size (Image size adjusts to available screen size)  which doesn't work with KISS IT.

Edited by raiwa

Thanks for your fast response!

I've checked the query and it's exactly the same in the other file (unless I'm getting confused, which is quite possible! lol!)

I've also done the image size thing, but they're still not showing. Do I need to force a refresh of some sort? This isn't a huge issue at the moment, I'd just like to get it working without an error.

I've just recently (about 4 hours ago) updated to the latest OSC, 3.2.4 I believe.

Thanks again!

Craig

EDIT: Am I allowed to post the site here to show you?

Edited by slasherx2

@@slasherx2,

I've checked the query and it's exactly the same in the other file (unless I'm getting confused, which is quite possible! lol!)

Please copy the query from includes/modules/also_purchased_products.php

to:

mobile/includes/modules/also_purchased_products.php

It must be exact the same. There is no explication for the error if it's the same and you do not get the error in your main store.

I've also done the image size thing, but they're still not showing. Do I need to force a refresh of some sort? This isn't a huge issue at the moment, I'd just like to get it working without an error.

Does the images show in the product listing??

If they do not show anywhere in mobile, the image directory may be wrong defined in includes/configure.php, please check.

If you have still problems, please deactivate temporary KISS IT:

In: includes/functions/html_output.php

- rename "function tep_image_legacy(" to "function tep_image("

- then rename the kiss it function "function tep_image(" to anything else like "function tep_image_test("

- open any mobile page with images, right click on the image, select image information and copy the image path and post it here.

EDIT: Am I allowed to post the site here to show you?

Yes, it would be good that I can have a look myself, if you do not wish to publish it here, you can post it in a private message. The same for the configure file.

I haven't got any customisations that I'm aware of other than the theme and KISS image thingy either. Very strange indeed :/

Which theme?? Do you refer to mobile or main store??

I've just recently (about 4 hours ago) updated to the latest OSC, 3.2.4 I believe.

Make sure you used the correct mobile files for that version.

regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

Thanks again for your response. The website in question is "http://sophiasworks.co.uk/"

Apologies for not being clear 100% on everything. The theme I was talking about is the main site theme.

The queries in both of the files pointed out are the same, so it's very weird indeed.

On the mobile site (http://sophiasworks.co.uk/mobile), the images show on the product page (though there's the error on the bottom of the product page as I'm sure you'll see), but the list of products show there is no image available.

Really sorry to bug you about this, it's been winding me up big time and I've tried all I can think of, and your above suggestions. I've even tried some older files of the plugin but they didn't work so we're back on the newest ones now as far as I'm aware.

Thanks again 

Craig

EDIT: I've broke the whole lot now, bare with me I'm just restoring a working backup to get me back to where I was and then I'll leave it alone until you've seen and replied.

Edited by slasherx2

Hi again.

I did a full reinstall of everything I had. I've taken off KISS image thing for now, because I couldn't get it to work properly.

So far, no errors, but on the mobile site, the main image appears to be missing from the product page and the social bookmarks appear to be a bit messed up for some reason.

Probably my fault, but any ideas please?

Thanks.

Craig

Edited by slasherx2

So far, no errors, but on the mobile site, the main image appears to be missing from the product page and the social bookmarks appear to be a bit messed up for some reason.

Hello Craig,

The social bookmarks are like this, some are retrieved from external source and can't be enhanced with jquery mobile buttons.

For the images in product info:

They load when the page is reloaded. It can be related to ajax page load. You could try in admin => Configuration => Mobile SIte to set ajax page load to false. If it then works, add product info to the exception page list in the mobile header.

See Add-On Support doc Point 11

regards

Rainer

Thanks Rainer.

I've managed to sort it by disabling the AJAX load as you said. When I added the code from the documentation and put AJAX back, it broke again lol, so I've put it back to how it was and disabled AJAX for the time being.

I've also removed the social bookmark thingys for now, as they're not really required anyway.

Many thanks for your help.

If we buy a theme from your website, to show support and as a thanks, will you get all of the proceeds, or would we be best to just send a donation?

Cheers

Craig

Hello Craig @@slasherx2,

You may need to add "data-ajax=false" to all links to the product_info page in order to get ajax page load complete disabled for that page.

Yes, purchase a mobile theme is ok, thank you.

regards

Rainer

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly someone has encountered this problem before.

I am using 2.3.4 BS. I am also using Header tags reloaded for BS. I believe I have applied the necessary changes. I am also using Ultimate SEO 2-2.2-14a by chemo. I have applied all changes listed in the 4.5 support package.

I have no errors showing. Or in the error logs. 

My mobile pages load, but they are blank. But the source code is visible as if the page loaded correctly. This happens on all mobile pages.    

@@lupole,

If you are using 2.3.4 BS it is already responsive and optimized for view on mobile phones and tablet. You do not need iosc Mobile any more.