• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] iOSC - mobile version of OSC on your iPhone

bumbarash

Hello, I am installing the 6.0_r3 version of Mobile, and have a couple of questions.

I couldn't find the following in the install package file /catalog/mobile/includes/languages/english.php -

1. In catalog/mobile/includes/languages/[Your language(s)].php

***FIND:

define('TEXT_WELCOME', 'Welcome at our mobile shop!');

***EDIT

"Welcome at our mobile shop!" with your own promotional/presentation text

------------------------------------

So I added it. Is that ok?

Also, I am at the configure part of the install process. The website is hosted on a Godaddy shared server.. so I am guessing I should use the domain part of the unix install?

Thanks!!

Vid

Are you sure I need to edit the product_listing.php and products.php (mobile) for the shopping cart to work? Are these files connected to the shopping cart?

This depends if you modified these files in the standard store.

If yes, then you should apply the same modifications to the mobile files.

Always if it affects funtionality, like stock control etc.

Of course you don't have to apply design/layout modifications.

Hello, I am installing the 6.0_r3 version of Mobile, and have a couple of questions.

I couldn't find the following in the install package file /catalog/mobile/includes/languages/english.php -

1. In catalog/mobile/includes/languages/[Your language(s)].php

***FIND:

define('TEXT_WELCOME', 'Welcome at our mobile shop!');

***EDIT

"Welcome at our mobile shop!" with your own promotional/presentation text

------------------------------------

So I added it. Is that ok?

Also, I am at the configure part of the install process. The website is hosted on a Godaddy shared server.. so I am guessing I should use the domain part of the unix install?

Thanks!!

Vid

Hello Vid,

For the Text:

yes it is perfect.

This got lost in the update between version 5.2 and 5.3.

I'll fix this in the next update.

For the configuration:

If you are not sure if your server is UNIX:

Open the file: includes/configure.php

Find this line:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/');

If the absolute path begins like this: "'/web/htdocs/www." it is UNIX

If it begins like this: "'C:/web/htdocs/www." (or another letter), it is Windows

Kind regards

Rainer

Ok so i followed the whole installation guide on how to do this. Ive reread and done it twice now to see if i messed up. Nope when i try to go to the store on a regular computer this is what i get:

Warning: require(/web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/mobile/includes/classes/mobile_redirect.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/04/9587604/html/buy/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 523

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/mobile/includes/classes/mobile_redirect.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/04/9587604/html/buy/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 523

By the way the way i have godaddy linux hosting. And the store is on a subdomain.

Ok so i followed the whole installation guide on how to do this. Ive reread and done it twice now to see if i messed up. Nope when i try to go to the store on a regular computer this is what i get:

Warning: require(/web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/mobile/includes/classes/mobile_redirect.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/04/9587604/html/buy/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 523

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/mobile/includes/classes/mobile_redirect.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/04/9587604/html/buy/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 523

By the way the way i have godaddy linux hosting. And the store is on a subdomain.

Also as a side note ive noticed in my main store directory i dont have a mobile_index.php file there

Also as a side note ive noticed in my main store directory i dont have a mobile_index.php file there

Hello,

I can see in the error message that the configuration is not done.

Please follow the instructions in: Configure_unix_subdomain.doc

Kind regards

Rainer

The mobile_index.php file doesn't exist any more. It is replaced by /mobile/index.php or the index.php in your mobile subdomain

Edited by raiwa

The mobile_index.php file doesn't exist any more. It is replaced by /mobile/index.php or the index.php in your mobile subdomain

Ok im doing the configuration now and i cant seem to find this:

2) catalog/includes/application_top.php

find:

// include server parameters

require((defined('MOBILE_SESSION') ? 'web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/includes/configure.php' : 'includes/configure.php'));

change:

'web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/

to the absolute path from: catalog/includes/configure.php:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/includes/configure.php');

Make sure to leave in place '/includes/configure.php'

I think i might just restore my whole thing to my backup i made a try it again, to the point in thinking i messed up all the files. Ill ask you again if i need help. Also does the addon discount code work with this?

My development store did the same thing then corrected itself before I started the configuration part! I am also hosted on Godaddy...I think it's Godaddy? Even though my admin part of the store still worked. Just bizarre.

Edited by videod

I think i might just restore my whole thing to my backup i made a try it again, to the point in thinking i messed up all the files. Ill ask you again if i need help. Also does the addon discount code work with this?

Make sure to use the correct install file. OSC 2.2. code varies from OSC2.3.

Ok im doing the configuration now and i cant seem to find this:

find:

require((defined('MOBILE_SESSION') ? 'web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/includes/configure.php' : 'includes/configure.php'));

change:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/includes/configure.php');

Ok this is a fault, the code is different in OSC2.3. so don't include the comment line in the search.

Search only for:

I'll fix this in the next update.

Edited by raiwa

So about this but i want to make sure im doing this right, last time i did this and even this time i get confused at this part:

A) To install the mobile pages in the mobile subdirectory:

Copy the mobile directoriy (incl. all content) to the root directory of your shop.

Upload this directory:

3. common files/catalog/mobile/…..

Add the files of this directory

4. for_OSC_2.3.3/catalog/mobile/…..

OR

B) To install the mobile pages in your mobile subdomain:

Copy the content of the mobile directoriy to the mobile subdomain directory of your shop.

Am i uploading this to the main directory of my shop before the catalog part or am i doing it inside catalog and after i drag the mobile from common files do i take the files from 2.3.3 from mobile and add them to the one from common files

So about this but i want to make sure im doing this right, last time i did this and even this time i get confused at this part:

A) To install the mobile pages in the mobile subdirectory:

Copy the mobile directoriy (incl. all content) to the root directory of your shop.

Upload this directory:

3. common files/catalog/mobile/…..

Add the files of this directory

4. for_OSC_2.3.3/catalog/mobile/…..

OR

B) To install the mobile pages in your mobile subdomain:

Copy the content of the mobile directoriy to the mobile subdomain directory of your shop.

And if this might help or not my shop was originally on a subdomain

Am i uploading this to the main directory of my shop before the catalog part or am i doing it inside catalog and after i drag the mobile from common files do i take the files from 2.3.3 from mobile and add them to the one from common files

Inside catalog, this is what I mean when I say root directory of your shop. The mobile folder should remain on the same level as the images or includes folder.

If your shop is, or was installed under a subdomain, this doesn't matter. Configuration is only different if you install the mobile files under a mobile-subdomain.

im going to run the SQl script last this time as i want to do everything on my computer then upload all the files after i finish to save some time, will this be a problem?

This is no problem.

Only if you run the test-installation under a php server software like "xampp" under windows, then the configuration (includes/configure.php and both application_top's) is different.

Edited by raiwa

Im installing this on 2.3.3

So do what I said here:

Ok this is a fault, the code is different in OSC2.3. so don't include the comment line in the search.

Search only for:

The code with the comment line is for OSC 2.2.

So im at the configuration part and i see this:

1d) catalog/includes/configure.php

Find:

define('DIR_FS_MOBILE', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'mobile/');

Change to the absolute path of your mobile subdomain:

Example:

define('DIR_FS_MOBILE', 'web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/m/');

NOTE: This should be the same path like “DIR_FS_CATALOG“ adding your mobile subdomain directory name at the end.

find:

change:

3) catalog/mobile/includes/application_top.php

find:

require('web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/includes/application_top.php');

change:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/web/htdocs/www.mystoreurl.com/home/');

When it says to change to a absolute path of the mobile store for instance would i change it to 'web/htdocs/buy.mystore.net/catalog/molbile/' or would it be different?

So im at the configuration part and i see this:

When it says to change to a absolute path of the mobile store for instance would i change it to 'web/htdocs/buy.mystore.net/catalog/molbile/' or would it be different?

yes it's this, just mobile instead of molbile

But didn't you say that you do NOT install the mobile files under a subdomain?

Then you are using the wrong configuration instructions.

Edited by raiwa