• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

No, there's not much in the way of documentation. I though it was pretty straight-forward. But if there is something you don't understand about it, you can post the question here.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack and thanks again for your help. Changing the ID worked perfectly! You are right on.

I am now getting this error though

1054 - Unknown column 'heading_title' in 'field list'

insert into sitemap_seo_settings ( enable_articles_manager, enable_infopages, enable_page_manager, heading_title, heading_sub_text, heading_articles_manager, heading_categories, heading_infopages, heading_manufacturers, heading_page_manager, heading_standard_boxes, heading_standard_pages, language_id) values ('0', '0', '0', '', '', '', 'Categories', '', '', '', '', '', '1')

[TEP STOP]

when I go into

Admin - Settings Control - click update

Thanks again for all your help!

and have a great day

Sounds like tou used an older version of the contribution since the error is saying the database is not right. Be sure you are using the latest one.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Sounds like tou used an older version of the contribution since the error is saying the database is not right. Be sure you are using the latest one.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I have the latest ver 1.4 and downloaded again. The install versions I have excluded heading_sub_text and heading_title???

So basically I just went in and added them to the install:

sitemap_seo_install.php

replaced old with this

array("CREATE TABLE sitemap_seo_settings (enable_articles_manager TINYINT (1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, enable_infopages TINYINT (1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, enable_page_manager TINYINT (1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, heading_title VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_sub_text VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_articles_manager VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_categories VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_infopages VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_manufacturers VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_page_manager VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_standard_boxes VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_standard_pages VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', language_id int DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY ( language_id ))")

sitemap_seo.sql had them in there. So thanks for the this contribution and thanks a million for all your help.

Have a great day

Hi Jack, Thanks for this contrib.

I have a heavily modified site, contribs/layout/you name it

I have installed v1.4 of this contrib and everything went as planned except for one issue. My exclude check box on sitemap_seo_page_control.php doesn't seem to be working as expected. Foe example -- popup_coupon_help is checked, but yet shows up on the sitemap. Also, create_account is unchecked yet doesn't show up. There are a few more cases of this type of behavior.

Also, when I make a change, hit update, the refreshed page doesn't include my changes. Again, I installed v1.4. And Im seeing doubles of some links on the sitemap

I feel like im missing something stupid here, im no php expert, but I manage to plow my way thru it in most cases.

I read thru this thread, but didn't see these type of issues relating to v1.4

Thnx for your help and continued dedication to OSC

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed version 1.4 and everything seems to be working great. However, we do have Information Pages Unlimited v2.05 and part of that contribution is not displaying correctly (see below). All the links in InfoManager that are found under "Information Pages" in Admin seem to work great. It is the InfoManager "Welcome Message" area in Admin that seems to not be translated and thus does not display the text correctly. For Example: The URL for the link to the HEADING_TITLE link below is http://www.mysite.com/headingtitle-i-1.html

I have tried to play around with the Box Control, but nothing seems to allow me to change them. Is there a way to exclude these from the sitemap? We still want to have the others that have the correct text as those are valid links.

infomgr.gif

The code probably can't find those definitions. You can override what the link displays using the alternate name option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code probably can't find those definitions. You can override what the link displays using the alternate name option.

Jack

Thanks for the advice. These pages are html and do not appear in the dropdowns for "Boxes Group Control" or "Boxes Individual Control" seems to only show PHP files. When I access sitemap_seo_box_control.php and try to add (i.e. headingtitle-i-1.html) into the "Additional Link Control" area for the information.php box (as these are items not found in any other section), it does not add anything into either of the above dropdowns when clicking update. Maybe I am using the wrong Filename of "headingtitle-i-1.html". Please advise on how the Filename should be keyed prior to hitting update?

Goto admin->Sitemap SEO->Box Control->Additional Link Control and select a box that is displaying correctly on your site. Enter the name of the file, myfile.html, a display name and anchor ext and update. If you select that infobox in Boxes Individual Control, the new page should be there. The link to the page should also be listed in the sitemap on the shop side. I just tried it here and it worked.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Goto admin->Sitemap SEO->Box Control->Additional Link Control and select a box that is displaying correctly on your site. Enter the name of the file, myfile.html, a display name and anchor ext and update. If you select that infobox in Boxes Individual Control, the new page should be there. The link to the page should also be listed in the sitemap on the shop side. I just tried it here and it worked.

Jack

Thanks again for the reply Jack!.....I did exactly what you said and nothing was updated. I then went to the box above Boxes Group Control and chose to exclude all but one box. The updates were successful with each row turning red however,

I get this message "Failed to read file /home/abccom/public_html//includes/boxes//Array".

Most of the sitemap.php seems to be working correctly, but the boxes.......I will check through the forums and install to see if I missed something. If something stands out, please pass along!~!!!!

You probably aren't missing anything. Others have reported the problem where the message shows something like home/abccom/public_html//includes/boxes//Array. That "Array" on the end isn't valid but I've no idea where it is coming from since I can't reproduce the problem on any server I try it on. It's probably a problem in the code since you are not the only one to experience it, but until I can get it to fail, I may not be able to find a fix.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You probably aren't missing anything. Others have reported the problem where the message shows something like home/abccom/public_html//includes/boxes//Array. That "Array" on the end isn't valid but I've no idea where it is coming from since I can't reproduce the problem on any server I try it on. It's probably a problem in the code since you are not the only one to experience it, but until I can get it to fail, I may not be able to find a fix.

Jack

Hi Jack, glad to hear it is something others are experiencing as I have gone through the install now twice. As for what could be causing the problem, here is what I think it may be related to.

It could be related to Information Pages v2.05 and step 8 of the install "ADDITIONAL FILES CHANGES, Only change if you want to be able to adjust the WELCOME TEXT on your mainpage". The reason I say this is that it is this area of the Information Pages that displays as I have shown above in the page shot with the TEXT not being defined and the URL's with the end something like (headingtitle-i-1.html). The text is not being defined on this particular section of the Information Pages contribution and when I click on the link above it takes me to a page with the Head Title reading HEADING_TITLE. Not sure if you have this optional setup for your Information Pages install, but it is the one thing that seems to cause an issue in the sitemap.php on my site. Here is the code that was applied

Find 'index.php' under catalog/ and 
  locate the following lines (approximately line 33): 
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

Add BEFORE above line the following 3 lines:
 // Add-on - Information Pages Unlimited
 require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'information.php');
 tep_information_customer_greeting_define(); // Should be called before the Default Language is defined

locate the following lines (approximately line 303): 
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

REPLACE the above line with the following 2 lines:
		<!-- Add-on - Information Pages Unlimited -->
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_information_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

Not sure if you have this portion of the contribution applied and working correctly? As shown in my previous posts, the issue I am having with the text not showing up for some links (TEXT_MAIN, TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL, TEXT_GREETING_GUEST, TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON, HEADING_TITLE) within the Information area seems to be consistent with this issue I am having. Hopefully something here helps you troubleshoot this issue a bit further.

Edited by golfman2006

Hi

I installed the contrib and all is OK. I managed to solve the &$links code but I am now getting the "Unable to determine page link error".

I'm running local with wampserver2.0 and all is well until I add the information box in Admin. I refresh the catalog sitemap page and the error happens. It's NOT the Search Engine Friendly option being set. Any ideas??

Also, to have the page look like the screenshot, do I need to install the 3 contribs mentioned?? Sorry if someone has answered.

Many thanks

Ian

Hi

I installed the contrib and all is OK. I managed to solve the &$links code but I am now getting the "Unable to determine page link error".

I'm running local with wampserver2.0 and all is well until I add the information box in Admin. I refresh the catalog sitemap page and the error happens. It's NOT the Search Engine Friendly option being set. Any ideas??

Also, to have the page look like the screenshot, do I need to install the 3 contribs mentioned?? Sorry if someone has answered.

Many thanks

Ian

The page link problem is probably some invalid link. All you can do is eliminate sections via the settings until you find the problem. You don't need the other contributions installed but, if not installed, you can't use those options. If you have them enabled, that might be the reason for the first problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No. In your screenshot sitemap_seo.jpg:

" Sitemap

Put here your Conditions of Use information

By Categories

...categories...

By Manufacturer

...manufacturer...

........................"

It don't show dedicated text ( sitemap, by categories itc.)

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been looking over this code and searched this forum and I'm trying to reduce the size of the indent when show products in a category is on.

$spacer_string = '',
$spacer_multiplier = 1;

I tried playing with those settings as mentioned in another response on this thread for increasing the indent but even there I couldn't alter the look. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you much for your time and consideration.

Hi Jack.

I have a little problem again with your mod and Manufacturers Multilanguage With Description v1.2 mod. It alter table manufacturers and manufacturers_info, so manufacturers_name and manufacturers_id and languages_id go to table manufacturers_info.

The problem is in manufacturers_name what can take from table manufacturers.

I try to change includes/module/sitemap.php to right query TABLE_MANUFACTURERS ->TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO. It works, but query show manufacturers on both languages of my site and duplicate page links.

How to repair it?

www.argoshka.ru/sitemap.php

Edited by juri.s

Ok.

But as though you change the code of your includes/module/sitemap.php to take query from TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO, so as languages_id to give proper weigh?