• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

1 hour ago, valquiria23 said:

Is this addon compatible with Phoenix ?

I don't know but probably not, at least completely. For any older addon that displays something on a page of the shop, a change is needed to properly work with BS4, though sometimes the page will load fine without it. But this addon would change too many core files so I wouldn't recommend using it until that has been changed. I don't know when that will be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added a check for infobox links since they may exist in a BS shop.
  • Changed code in sitemap.php in admin functions to fix php 7.3 problem. Found by member lucsangel.
  • Created Frozen and Phoenix versions.
  • Dropped maintenance of pre-Frozen versions.
  • Removed a definition from admin's function file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Will Sitemap SEO help me?

My osCommerce BS website -- 2.3.4 -- has almost 190,000 products and runs well, except when it comes to appearing on Google searches.  It is my belief that potential visitors know exactly what they want and therefore perform their Google search based on the manufacturer name, part number and/or the name of the product.  I currently use SEO URLs and Header Tags SEO.  In addition, I wrote a program to create an HTML file for each product based on the manufacturer name, part number and product name, which points to the actual product on the website.  I even go so far as to list all those html file names in a "master" productlist.html that is included in the site's sitemapspal.xml.  None of the above efforts have produced satisfactory results.  My question is, will Sitemap SEO help on a product-by-product basis, or should I be considering a different solution?

@rsthomasThe main idea behind all of my SEO-type addons is to provide quick links to products. That helps the search engines in getting the pages listed. So, in answer to your main question, yes, this addon will help with SEO but it is not the only thing that should be done.

First, you should install the Google Sitemap, if you haven't already. Once it is working, add the maps to your google webmaster account, and Bings too if you like. Once the maps are entered, check back in a few days to see what google did with them. Fix any problems they find. They won't process all of the links in one go. For that many products, it could take weeks, or even more if your site isn't visited much by them.

Second, install Information Pages SEO and start creating pages for your important keywords.

As for the pages you created, be careful with that. Google knows how to spot pages that are just link pages and they can hurt a site. In case you are not aware of it, there is a model cross-reference file included in Header Tags SEO for that purpose.

There are other considerations than the above but it should help.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 7:21 PM, Jack_mcs said:

@rsthomasThe main idea behind all of my SEO-type addons is to provide quick links to products. That helps the search engines in getting the pages listed. So, in answer to your main question, yes, this addon will help with SEO but it is not the only thing that should be done.

First, you should install the Google Sitemap, if you haven't already. Once it is working, add the maps to your google webmaster account, and Bings too if you like. Once the maps are entered, check back in a few days to see what google did with them. Fix any problems they find. They won't process all of the links in one go. For that many products, it could take weeks, or even more if your site isn't visited much by them.

Second, install Information Pages SEO and start creating pages for your important keywords.

As for the pages you created, be careful with that. Google knows how to spot pages that are just link pages and they can hurt a site. In case you are not aware of it, there is a model cross-reference file included in Header Tags SEO for that purpose.

There are other considerations than the above but it should help.

Hi please help ,e with below errors on Phoenix 1.0.5.1-

Notice: Undefined variable: linksArray in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 45

Undefined index: boxfiles[] in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 373

Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tep_image_submit() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\admin\sitemap_seo_box_control.php:260 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\admin\sitemap_seo_box_control.php on line 260

Please help me fix it;

Thank you in advance;

Regds./

radhavallabh

I don't have a 1.0.5.1 version installed so I can only guess at these.

For the first failure, find this line in admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php

function AddMissingLinks($filename, $languages) {

and replace it with this

function AddMissingLinks($filename, $languages, $linksArray) {

For the second error, that doesn't make any sense to me. That location is in a function that doesn't use the variable shown so I can't see how to fix it. Maybe after the above fix, the location will change to something valid.

For the third error, that is because a standard function can't found. It is in 1.0.5.0 so I assume it has been removed in this version. If so, you can copy the function from the previous version and paste it into this one (admin/includes/functions/general.php). That's not the proper fix but without having that version here to test with, I can't offer another one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

46 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

I don't have a 1.0.5.1 version installed so I can only guess at these.

For the first failure, find this line in admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php

function AddMissingLinks($filename, $languages) {

and replace it with this

function AddMissingLinks($filename, $languages, $linksArray) {

For the second error, that doesn't make any sense to me. That location is in a function that doesn't use the variable shown so I can't see how to fix it. Maybe after the above fix, the location will change to something valid.

For the third error, that is because a standard function can't found. It is in 1.0.5.0 so I assume it has been removed in this version. If so, you can copy the function from the previous version and paste it into this one (admin/includes/functions/general.php). That's not the proper fix but without having that version here to test with, I can't offer another one.

Hi Jack, have the same problem. The Fix you gave does take care of the first problem, what remains is :

Notice: Undefined index: boxfiles[] in /xx/xx/xx/xx/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 375

As for the 3rd :

Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tep_image_submit() 

Me again Jack,

For his error "undefined function tep_image_submit()"

I added back into admin/includes/functions/html_output.php that function which was stripped  out in the version :

////
// The HTML form submit button wrapper function
// Outputs a button in the selected language
 function tep_image_submit($image, $alt = '', $parameters = '') {
global $language;

$image_submit = '<input type="image" src="' . tep_output_string('includes/languages/' . $language . '/images/buttons/' . $image) . '" border="0" alt="' . tep_output_string($alt) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($alt)) $image_submit .= ' title=" ' . tep_output_string($alt) . ' "';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $image_submit .= ' ' . $parameters;

$image_submit .= '>';

return $image_submit;
 }

On the other hand there are more notices in the other files :

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /xx/xx/xx/xx/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 311
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /xx/xx/xx/xx/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 314

Notice: Undefined variable: name in /xx/xx/xx/xx/admin//sitemap_seo_page_control.php on line 163

For the first, and maybe second error, find this code in the functions file

function GetPagesArray($root, $langDir, $languages, $excludeList) {
    $pagesArray = array();

and add this below it

for ($i = 0; $i < count($languages); ++$i) $pagesArray[$s] = '';

For the last one, in the sitemap_seo_page_control.php file, find

if (function_exists('AnnounceVersion')) {

and add this above it

$name = '';

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

11 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

For the first, and maybe second error, find this code in the functions file

function GetPagesArray($root, $langDir, $languages, $excludeList) {
    $pagesArray = array();

and add this below it

for ($i = 0; $i < count($languages); ++$i) $pagesArray[$s] = '';

For the last one, in the sitemap_seo_page_control.php file, find

if (function_exists('AnnounceVersion')) {

and add this above it

$name = '';

Hi dear others fixed;

Thank you so much  :) 

But this still remains-

Undefined index: boxfiles[] in C:\xampp\htdocs\xx\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 374

Undefined variable: s in C:\xampp\htdocs\xx\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 251

Please help;

Regds./

radhavallabh

For the first one, that is referencing something that doesn't exist at that location so I don't have a way to fix it. Once I have a shop set up with 1.0.5.1 I will be able to fix it, but not now.

For the second one, the code I said to add should have been

for ($i = 0; $i < count($languages); ++$i) $pagesArray[$i] = '';

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

On 2/26/2020 at 7:23 PM, Jack_mcs said:

For the first one, that is referencing something that doesn't exist at that location so I don't have a way to fix it. Once I have a shop set up with 1.0.5.1 I will be able to fix it, but not now.

For the second one, the code I said to add should have been

for ($i = 0; $i < count($languages); ++$i) $pagesArray[$i] = '';

For this error dear it refers to below line in the php file-

Notice: Undefined index: boxfiles[] in C:\xampp\htdocs\ShriGanesha\controlpanel\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 374

On line 374 we have this-   

if ( ((strlen($values[$i]['id']) > 0) && ($GLOBALS[$name] == $values[$i]['id'])) )

It is probably due to this code In admin/sitemap_seo_box_control.php

echo SMMultiSelectMenu('boxfiles[]',

You can first try to change the boxfiles[] to boxfiles. If that doesn't work, then you can comment out that line by changing the echo to //echo.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

18 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

It is probably due to this code In admin/sitemap_seo_box_control.php

echo SMMultiSelectMenu('boxfiles[]',

You can first try to change the boxfiles[] to boxfiles. If that doesn't work, then you can comment out that line by changing the echo to //echo.

I tried changing to boxfiles the error remains the same now without the []...

On commenting it out the multiselect box disappears completely and the error also.

So both ways it does not work..

😟

Please help

The boxes section isn't used in Frozen and Phoenix due to how infoboxes are handled. I will change that at some point but for now, just comment it out.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

13 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

The boxes section isn't used in Frozen and Phoenix due to how infoboxes are handled. I will change that at some point but for now, just comment it out.

Ok, Thank you dear!! :)

Regds./

radhavallabh

• 1 month later...

@Jack_mcs Jack Thanks for the great addon. Works great on 1.0.5.0. There are a few errors with the boxes control page but I dont use that any way.

Only thing I did was to change one line in the admin/includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/sitemap_seo.php file to

define('MODULES_ADMIN_MENU_HEADING_SITEMAP_SEO', '<i class="fas fa-sitemap fa-fw mr-1"></i>Sitemap SEO');

which added a sitemap icon next to the text so that made all the admin box titles look the same on the page.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack, have been using Sitemap with no problems now till upgrading to PHOENIX 1.0.7.1, now getting in my logs :

PHP Warning:  strpos(): Empty needle in /xx/xx/xx/xx/includes/modules/sitemap_category.php on line 23

Line 23 is :

if (strpos($cat['id'], (string)$current_category_id) === FALSE) continue;

Any ideas, do not know what a "needle" is?