• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added screenshots - thanks to member Demitry.
  • Added new classes and changed some of the previous ones.
  • Changed some css in sitemap.php - thanks to member Demitry.
  • Changed the css for the shop side so it is fully responsive.
  • Changed the javascript code to use icons instead of images.
  • Changed the admin infobox to load as a module so the change to admin's english.php is no longer needed.
  • Fixed some security holes in the modules.
  • Fixed a typo in the css of sitemap.php - thanks to member Demitry.
  • Fixed the coding in the sitemap modules that prevented the dropdwon lists from working.
  • Moved the javascript file to the ext/js/ directory.
  • Removed the store address from the sitemap page. Only shows the phone and email address now.
  • Replaced the remaining pre-BS definitions.
  • Rewrote the three modules to get rid of html code (div's instead of td's).
  • Rewrote the install and uninstall files to clean up after themselves when they are used and to work in all shop versions.

Please be sure to read the update file since changes have been made that will break existing installations. And note that these changes are for the CE version only. The addon will still work with the other versions of oscommerce but the improvements have not been made to those versions.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The last upload is missing a file. To add that, please copy the code below into a file and name it  sitemap_seo.php. Then upload it to

admin/includes/languages/English/modules/boxes/sitemap_seo.php

<?php
/*
  $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2014 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('MODULES_ADMIN_MENU_HEADING_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Sitemap SEO');
  define('MODULES_ADMIN_MENU_SITEMAP_SEO_BOX_CONTROL', 'Box Control');
  define('MODULES_ADMIN_MENU_SITEMAP_SEO_PAGE_CONTROL', 'Page Control');
  define('MODULES_ADMIN_MENU_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS_CONTROL', 'Settings Control');

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If the addon is installed correctly in admin and you visited admin, nothing would happen with this addon since it would not be accessed until you clicked on the link for it. So if you are a 500 error right when you visit admin, you've made some mistake with the installation. There's no way for me to know what the problem might be without knowing the actual failure. If there is a file named error_log in the admin directory, it might show the problem.

Also, regarding the three links, in the 2.2 version you have to edit the left_column.php file. Did you do that?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

From your image it appears it has been installed correctly, as least for the columns. If it fails when you click on the link, then most likely, either the file being loaded is the wrong one for your version or all of the files were not uploaded. So please double check that all files were uploaded from the new files directory. Assuming you did that and that you did run the database install script, then you will have to find out what the actual error is. If the error_log file I mentioned doesn't exist, your control panel might have a place to view the error. If not, you would need to ask your host to explain the error.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You're welcome. But does that you mean you found the problem? Is so, please post the fix so that others that may have the same problem will know how to fix it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi.. I am planning to install this in Frozen CE version (Latest)

My queryDoes this module create the sitemap with the Ultimate seo urls??

I mean with the urls that are created with ultimate seo addon?

Warm Regds./

radhavallabh

The search engines do you the map, but as a page not as a sitemap.xml file that you are probably thinking about. If it is installed and working, I suggest you leave it installed since it does help with SEO. If you want to remove it, you have to reverse the changes you made for the files. For the database, there is an uninstall file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

Hi Jack,

All worked great in FROZEN until php 7.2 reared it's head on my server, now getting in admin :

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /xxx/xx/xxx/xx/xx/xx/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 47

Oh the joys of php…. what else lies ahead for us

Bobbee

Try changing this line

for ($l = 0; $l < count($linksArray); ++$l)

to

for ($l = 0; $l < count((array)$linksArray); ++$l)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 months later...

with hundreds of categories and over 4500 products in them, I do not list products in the sitemap but am wondering if anyone has an idea how to implement just showing products for a selected category?

ie: an arrow in front of the category that when clicked would expand just the products in that category as opposed to the link on top that shows all of them

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!