• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

@@Jack_mcs Ok, the compatibility add on was installed at an earlier date, but my version of Edge (must be the latest as it was installed just last month) must be modular. The index.php has two conditions and a default procedure...

First question to determine where to look where it goes would be does it go in the section where $category_depth is "nested", $category_depth is "products", or in the default?

Mark

Edited by mdtaylorlrim

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

The instructions for index.php state to place some code after

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

For that, in the root index.php file, find the following (around line 53):

<div class="row">
    <?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('index_nested'); ?>
  </div>

and place the code beneath it. You may have to adjust the alignment, maybe place it in a div. Then it say to find

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);

That's located at line 210 in the file I have here but it says:

include('includes/modules/product_listing.php');

Place the new code after the ?> following the above.

I think that should do it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

Thanks Jack. Clicking on the Sitemap on the index page returns an error that a table does not exist. Verified with phpMyAdmin. I did run the install script and got a success message, all configuration values were inserted into the configuration table, but the new tables were not created. Any harm in running the install script again?

Mark

@@Jack_mcs

Thanks Jack. Clicking on the Sitemap on the index page returns an error that a table does not exist. Verified with phpMyAdmin. I did run the install script and got a success message, all configuration values were inserted into the configuration table, but the new tables were not created. Any harm in running the install script again?

Mark

That's fixed... one last problem....

Warning: file(/home/html/includes/modules/boxes/Array): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/html/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 203

What is causing that? It is returned when you select Update in the Boxes Group Control

Thanks

Mark

I tried it here in a relatively new BS shop, though not the latest and it worked OK. You could try changing this in /home/html/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 203

$lines = file($path);

to

$path = (array)$path;
$lines = file($path);

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

That changed the error to:

Warning: file() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, array given in /home/html/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 205

Line 205 is now:         $lines = file($path);

Edited by mdtaylorlrim

The last error is valid - my fix was incorrect and should be removed. The failing code is called from different locations so without being able to see the failure I can't offer any fixes. But the infoboxes in the BS version are handled differently than in older versions so my guess is that is the cause. Since the links in most of the boxes are not of any use for display, you can just skip the Boxes part in admin.  Not the best answer but the only one I have at the moment.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The last error is valid - my fix was incorrect and should be removed. The failing code is called from different locations so without being able to see the failure I can't offer any fixes. But the infoboxes in the BS version are handled differently than in older versions so my guess is that is the cause. Since the links in most of the boxes are not of any use for display, you can just skip the Boxes part in admin.  Not the best answer but the only one I have at the moment.

Agreed. It doesn't seem to affect anything at all. I'm fine with letting it go with the way it is.

Thanks

@@Jack_mcs

In the sitemap page I only get the categories listed. It will list each product if I set it to do so, but with over 1500 items I do not list each item.

But, it does not list any other page.... information, privacy, shipping, or any that I created. Should it?

Edited by mdtaylorlrim

In admin->Sitemap SEO->Settings Control, the items have a dual purpose. They serve to add a title to each section but also as hide/display settings. So you have to add a title for each section you want to display.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 11 months later...

Dear @Jack_mcs

Have you planned to upload a new version compatible with 2.3.4.1 EDGE?

Apparently in this in EDGE 2.3.4.1 the file names are hardcoded, and that causes incompatibility with the installation instructions.

This is going to be a great improvement !!!

Best Regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Dear @Jack_mcs

In the version of OsCommerce 2.3.4.1 BS Edge the following files do not exist!!!

includes / filenames.php
admin / includes / filenames.php

That's why it would be nice to update the installation instructions for OsCommerce 2.3.4.1 BS Edge or make a new version where the file names are hardcoded.

That will also simplify the installation of this great addon.

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Dear @Jack_mcs

In installation instructions, points 5 and 9 says:

5) In admin/includes/filenames.php, before the last ?>,

ADD:

/***** Begin Sitemap_SEO *****/
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO', 'sitemap.php');
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_BOX_CONTROL', 'sitemap_seo_box_control.php');
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_PAGE_CONTROL', 'sitemap_seo_page_control.php');
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS_CONTROL', 'sitemap_seo_settings_control.php');
  /***** End Sitemap_SEO *****/
-------------
9) In includes/filenames.php, before the last ?>,

ADD:

/***** Begin Sitemap_SEO *****/
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO', 'sitemap.php');
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_CATEGORY', 'sitemap_category.php');
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_PRODUCT', 'sitemap_product.php');
  define('FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_MANUFACTURERS', 'sitemap_manufacturers.php');  
  /***** End Sitemap_SEO *****/

In the version of OsCommerce 2.3.4.1 BS Edge the filenames.php files do not exist!!!

Therefore it would be nice to modify the installation instructions or hardcoded the file names in the addon, eliminating points 5 and 9 of the installation instructions.

Best regards

Valqui

Ahh, you are referring to the install instructions. I forgot to change those but will in the next version. Thank you for pointing that out.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear @Jack_mcs

Looking at the file sitemap.php included in this addon I see the following definitions:

require ('includes / application_top.php');
   require (DIR_WS_MODULES. FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO);
   require (DIR_WS_LANGUAGES. $ language. '/'. FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO);

therefore since I do not have the correct definitions and I do not have the files includes / filenames.php and admin / includes / filenames.php to include them, how can I install this addon?

Do I have to wait for an update?

Best regards

Valqui

Those aren't loaded from the filenames file. They used to be included in the configure.php file but are not in the latest BS version. I thought I had removed all such definitions in the last update but obviously not. You can replace those lines with the actual locations to get it to work, like these:

require('includes/modules/sitemap.php');
  require('includes/languages/'. $language . '/sitemap.php');

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, I'm sorry but I don't know.  If you don't want to make the changes I mentioned, you can install the compatibility addon.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear @Jack_mcs

I'm afraid to touch the code since I'm not a programmer.

I thought an expert like you did in a very short time, but I imagine you are very busy.

Also thanks for the support of this excellent addon.

Best regards

Valqui

I will try to get an updated version released soon. However, it will still require code changes to be made. If you are looking for a module that you just need to upload and install in admin, that won't be happening, at least, it isn't planned. I just wanted to be clear about that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...