• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

I can't imagine why it would work and then stop if no other changes were made. There is a javascript error in IE when the arrow is clicked so maybe there is some error in the code, though I don't see it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't imagine why it would work and then stop if no other changes were made. There is a javascript error in IE when the arrow is clicked so maybe there is some error in the code, though I don't see it.

Figured it out.

Someone removed the sitemap.js out of the <catalog root>/javascript folder

Jack

Thanks for updating this to work with 2.3.1. I installed it with no problems on my very heavily modified test store, and it works fine. Well done for another great contribution. Thats it, no buts, ifs or whys.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack!

I'm having the same problems like WWI

Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /var/www/virtual/domina.com/htdocs/admin/sitemap_seo_box_control.php on line 162

Warning: file(/var/www/virtual/domina.com/htdocs/includes/modules/boxes/Array) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/domina.com/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line203/

I have not idea why. I followed all the steps and don't see any mistakes :sweating:.

• I'm running osCommerce 2.3

• My infobox is disable on may admin pannel since I added all this to the footer
  • And my Sitemap doesn't show any of the Info files.!!!!!!

When I go to the Box Control -> Boxes Individual Control and select the bm_information.php all my files show up in red (Missing Definition) What does this means?? I activated the Infobox to see if it had anything to do with it but I get the same results :x

Any help please Jack??? :'(

Thanks a lot in advance!

Mrstech

When I go to the Box Control -> Boxes Individual Control and select the bm_information.php all my files show up in red (Missing Definition) What does this means?? I activated the Infobox to see if it had anything to do with it but I get the same results

I don't know why that would happe just on your server but in the admin/sitemap_box_control.php, try changing this line

$boxName = explode(".", $activeBox);

to

$boxName = explode(".", (array)$activeBox);

If that doesn't fix, I would have to see the problem to fix it so it isn't something I could handle here.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't know why that would happen just on your server but in the admin/sitemap_box_control.php, try changing this line

$boxName = explode(".", $activeBox);

to

$boxName = explode(".", (array)$activeBox);

If that doesn't fix, I would have to see the problem to fix it so it isn't something I could handle here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

Jack,

I noticed that the sitemap_seo.js sript is called several times in index.php. This is causing a delay in page load. Does the mod require the script to be called each time a function is performed?

Jack,

I noticed that the sitemap_seo.js sript is called several times in index.php. This is causing a delay in page load. Does the mod require the script to be called each time a function is performed?

There's only two calls in the index.php file and they are in different sections soit ony gets load once per page. I've never seen it cause a page to load slow. If there is a slow down due to this contribution, I would suspect it is due to one of the modules setting up the links. You could turn off the options to display those links to see if that is the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I fixed it by deleting all the javascript calls from the body section and adding one at the end of the index.php file after <!-- footer_eof //-->.

On another note, on the sitemap.php page of the website I get this error which I reported earlier this year.

This only occurs on this page. So I am assuming there is a conflict between Articles Manager and Sitemap seo.

Being that you monitor both, do you have any suggestions?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getboldtags() (previously declared in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php:42) in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 59

Edited by lyonsperf

I fixed it by deleting all the javascript calls from the body section and adding one at the end of the index.php file after <!-- footer_eof //-->.

On another note, on the sitemap.php page of the website I get this error which I reported earlier this year.

This only occurs on this page. So I am assuming there is a conflict between Articles Manager and Sitemap seo.

Being that you monitor both, do you have any suggestions?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getboldtags() (previously declared in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php:42) in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 59

This contribution doesn't use that function so it can't be caused by it, that I can see.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

@@Jack_mcs

Great addon, though I have installed it and for some reason the page (/sitemap.php) only shows the categories all the time. I have enabled the

Display Products in Manufacturers = true

Display Manufacturers = true

still the same, can't find what the problem is.

I use oscommerce version 2.3.1

Any idea why this is happening?

Edited by al3ks

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

Hi

@@Jack_mcs

Great addon, though I have installed it and for some reason the page (/sitemap.php) only shows the categories all the time. I have enabled the

Display Products in Manufacturers = true

Display Manufacturers = true

still the same, can't find what the problem is.

I use oscommerce version 2.3.1

Any idea why this is happening?

I had a similar problem to yours. Go in to your admin area, click on the sitemap seo box and open the settings control page. Make sure you have entered heading text in the text boxes for each heading you want to show.

That cured the problem for me.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

I just installed this on 2.3.3 , it was a easy install , even for me , and it works like perfect!!

I just wanted to thank you for a very nice addon.

THANKS.

Rob

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack

Thank you for a great and easy to install add on. Especially for those of us who are real bunnies.

Just one thing. I'm not sure whether the links in the Information box ( Contact Us Shipping & Returns etc) are supposed to show on the Site map page. If they are can you please tell me what I need to do to correct this, as mine doesn't, all I get are the categories and sub categories. I have checked the install instructions and all seem to be OK,, have also read through many posts on this forum but don't seem to be able to find the answer.

I'm also not sure whether there is supposed to be a heading in the page as the page starts a wee way down (about 2.5cm) from the top.

Hope the above makes sense.

Many thanks again for the contribution and look forward to your response.

I have installed v1.9 and using oscommerce .2.2MS2

Grandpa

Edited by grandpaj

You need go to Boxes Individual Control in box control, select the box and update it. You also need to fill in the titles in settings control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Many thanks for that. How stupid am I.

I hope this question isn't another silly one.

I have one page in the Information section which is secured. When I click on the link in the Info box it goes to the secure page, but when I click on the link in the site map it goes to the page but the page is not secure, Do you have any thoughts on what I could do, to ensure that when the link in the site map is clicked it will take the user to the secure page.

Many thanks

Grandpa

There's nothing in the code that will allow the url to switch to secure. The best way to deal with it is to place a command in the .htaccess file to force a change to ssl when that page is loaded. That should be done anyway because it is a security hole if it doesn't change.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Many thanks so much for your reply.

I'm a bit of a bunny, but learning.

What exactly do I need to do. I presume that's the .htaccess file in the "folder or maybe its called the Root Directory" which contains scgibin, mail, pub, mail cgibin etc.

But as to what code I should insert, I'm lost. If you're able to guide that would great and much appreciated.

Again many thanks

Grandpa

It would be the main .htaccess file in the root. As for how to do it, that is not a subject for this thread. You can post in the general forum or search the web for how to force ssl for a page - there are many examples.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons